PDA

View Full Version : Football Gil Brandt, NFL.com - Raiders to win AFC West in 2009

Buck
05-26-2009, 02:58 PM
http://chat.nfl.com/front/archived_chat/267

With The raiders moves in the draft, and this offseason it looks like they are trying to return to old school raider football do you see them winning the division this year?

Gil Brandt, NFL.com
Luke, I am on record saying the Raiders will win the AFC West. I'm a little disappointed, though, in what I've seen this offseason from JaMarcus Russell. He showed up for OTAs looking overweight -- and the Raiders need him to be in shape and ready to play if my pick is going to pan out.

MIAdragon
05-26-2009, 02:58 PM
LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts
05-26-2009, 02:59 PM
LMAO

The Franchise
05-26-2009, 03:00 PM
ROFL

seclark
in
ROFL
sec

Buck
ROFL

keg in kc
05-26-2009, 03:02 PM
:eek:

Mr. Arrowhead
05-26-2009, 03:03 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

talastan
Wow if the Chargers screw up this year and not win the division it will be the epic meltdown of the year. Three teams with new coaching schemes, and two with entirely new defenses. This season is pretty much gift wrapped for Sandy Eggo. Although I'd love for my Chiefs to spoil that, though highly unlikely. Brandt is a freaking idiot!!

Mr. Flopnuts
Wow if the Chargers screw up this year and not win the division it will be the epic meltdown of the year. Three teams with new coaching schemes, and two with entirely new defenses. This season is pretty much gift wrapped for Sandy Eggo. Although I'd love for my Chiefs to spoil that, though highly unlikely. Brandt is a freaking idiot!!

You totally fucked up the rotation.

talastan
05-26-2009, 03:05 PM
You totally ****ed up the rotation.

What can I say, I'm an agent of chaos! :p

blazzin311
05-26-2009, 03:07 PM
ROFL LMFAO! ROFLROFL

Crush
ROFL

Crush
LMAO

Crush
:LOL:

KCChiefsMan
05-26-2009, 03:09 PM
ROFL

ROFL:LOL::BLVD::stupid:WooWooWooWooWooWoo

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 03:11 PM
The AFC West is the Chargers division to lose. I can't see the raiders winning anything but third place behind the Broncos....

Garcia nice pick up...

JUST not that nice....

BigMeatballDave
05-26-2009, 03:13 PM
LMAO I think he forgot that Fat Bastard is the Raiders QB.

Ultra Peanut
05-26-2009, 03:14 PM
oh sorry, you'll have to excuse me

I just imploded in surprise

BigMeatballDave
05-26-2009, 03:15 PM
The AFC West is the Chargers division to lose. I can't see the raiders winning anything but third place behind the Broncos....

Garcia nice pick up...

JUST not that nice.... Your franchise QB is now in Chicago. Get comfortable in the basement...

chiefs1111
05-26-2009, 03:15 PM
wow

Ebolapox
05-26-2009, 03:16 PM
ROFL

even funnier...the broncos in second place...ROFL

MoreLemonPledge
05-26-2009, 03:18 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_q-n3NJQdXmY/SNktY8g7hAI/AAAAAAAAAFk/1XMeZofCtgs/s1600/roflbot-kaUf.jpg

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Your franchise QB is now in Chicago. Get comfortable in the basement...

Lemme get this straight......

Denver is worse than a team that won 6 games in two seasons??

ROFL

KcKing
05-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Excuse me Mr. Brandt... You seem to have dropped something...

Oh, that's your credibility...

I'll just keep that for you...
Posted via Mobile Device

MoreLemonPledge
05-26-2009, 03:20 PM

ROFL

is = present tense

won = past tense

It's a new season, dickbag.

ModSocks
05-26-2009, 03:20 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Miles
05-26-2009, 03:21 PM
wow

Mr. Flopnuts
05-26-2009, 03:23 PM

Garcia nice pick up...

JUST not that nice....

LMAO The Broncos won't win 6 games this year. And while that may be enough for 2nd place, it's not a given.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-26-2009, 03:24 PM

ROFL

Are you talking about yesterday? Because your team looks NOTHING like they have in seasons past. Welcome to the Pac 10, bitch!

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 03:26 PM

is = present tense

won = past tense

It's a new season, dickbag.

What on earth did the cheefs do to merit anything but maybe 5 to 6 wins in a perfect world?

good grief

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 03:28 PM
LMAO The Broncos won't win 6 games this year. And while that may be enough for 2nd place, it's not a given.

Ohkay Madden..

How many games will the cheefs win..

this outta be good

MoreLemonPledge
05-26-2009, 03:28 PM
What on earth did the cheefs do to merit anything but maybe 5 to 6 wins in a perfect world?

good grief

What did the Broncos do?

The Chiefs' moves are universally seen as improvements, whereas the Broncos moves are seen as complete failures outside of Denver.

BigMeatballDave
05-26-2009, 03:31 PM

Denver is worse than a team that won 6 games in two seasons?

ROFLJay Cutler was over half or your offense. HE IS NOW IN CHICAGO. Do you really think Orton will play anywhere near that level?

King_Chief_Fan
05-26-2009, 03:35 PM

good grief

They stole away the QB the coveted causing new brain trust to trade their pro bowl QB for OrtonROFL

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 03:37 PM
What did the Broncos do?

The Chiefs' moves are universally seen as improvements, whereas the Broncos moves are seen as complete failures outside of Denver.

The Broncos added

Arrington, J.J.
Buckhalter, Correll
Dawkins, Brian
Gaffney, Jabar
Goodman, Andre'
Jordan, LaMont
Moreno, Knowshon

All of which could & would start in KC...

Hope that helps

Mr. Flopnuts
05-26-2009, 03:38 PM
Ohkay Madden..

How many games will the cheefs win..

this outta be good

I don't know, but I do know that the direction the Chiefs are heading in looks a whole lot better than the Broncos right now. And frankly, if you disagree, you're a homer to the 9th degree. It's not rocket science at this point. Has McDaniels finished wiping the sand out of his giner over the Cheeeeeeefs getting his quarterback yet? ROFL It's cool, I'm sure you've convinced yourself that Kyle Orton is a better option by now. LMAO

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 03:39 PM
Jay Cutler was over half or your offense. HE IS NOW IN CHICAGO. Do you really think Orton will play anywhere near that level?

Cutler was an important part of the NFL's 2nd ranked offense...

BUT

The rest of the pieces are there..

Not to mention a few new pieces were added..

Be afraid....be very afraid....

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 03:40 PM
They stole away the QB the coveted causing new brain trust to trade their pro bowl QB for OrtonROFL

Matt Cassel = Scott Mitchell

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 03:41 PM
I don't know, but I do know that the direction the Chiefs are heading in looks a whole lot better than the Broncos right now. And frankly, if you disagree, you're a homer to the 9th degree. It's not rocket science at this point. Has McDaniels finished wiping the sand out of his giner over the Cheeeeeeefs getting his quarterback yet? ROFL It's cool, I'm sure you've convinced yourself that Kyle Orton is a better option by now. LMAO

"Looks a whole lot better" gee ya convinced me....

Kyle Orton is 21-12 a starter in the NFL...

Mr. Flopnuts
05-26-2009, 03:52 PM

Right, for a team that made the Super Bowl with Rex fucking Grossman at QB. The Broncos are nowhere near the talent level of the Chicago Bears. Not even close. And, um, we have a 2 time NFL executive of the year as our GM. Who'd you get? Oh, that's right, the 32 year old boy wonder from NE. LMAO Enjoy that.

The Franchise
05-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Matt Cassel = Scott Mitchell

Well that should make you feel awesome....because your coach has a hard on for our QB.

Buck
05-26-2009, 03:55 PM

Moran.

What is Cutler's career record?

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 03:58 PM
Right, for a team that made the Super Bowl with Rex ****ing Grossman at QB. The Broncos are nowhere near the talent level of the Chicago Bears. Not even close. And, um, we have a 2 time NFL executive of the year as our GM. Who'd you get? Oh, that's right, the 32 year old boy wonder from NE. LMAO Enjoy that.

Orton has never been surround by as much offensive talent as he has in Denver.

The Broncos were the 2nd ranked offense in the NFL..

That was done with seeven different running backs...

The Broncos have the best young offensive nucleus in football. Tackles Ryan Clady and Ryan Harris will both go to multiple Pro Bowls. Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal are the best receivers in tandem 26 or younger in football right now. Last year, they, formed the number two offense in football, averaging 396 yards per game."

In fact "Jay Cutler goes from a potent offense to one of the NFL's most anemic"

What does that tell you?

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 04:00 PM
Well that should make you feel awesome....because your coach has a hard on for our QB.

The only reason it was even discussed was due to cassel's familiarity with the system...

MoreLemonPledge
05-26-2009, 04:01 PM
The Broncos added

Arrington, J.J.
Buckhalter, Correll
Dawkins, Brian
Gaffney, Jabar
Goodman, Andre'
Jordan, LaMont
Moreno, Knowshon

All of which could & would start in KC...

Hope that helps

4 running backs, 3 that nobody else really wanted? An underachieving #3 receiver from New England? 2 old Defensive Backs?

All the while losing your head coach (who was actually pretty good) and his staff, your franchise QB, and your star WR for maybe half the season.

Yeah, you're set.

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 04:02 PM
Moran.

What is Cutler's career record?

17-20

MoreLemonPledge
05-26-2009, 04:03 PM

The Broncos have the best young offensive nucleus in football. Tackles Ryan Clady and Ryan Harris will both go to multiple Pro Bowls. Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal are the best receivers in tandem 26 or younger in football right now. Last year, they, formed the number two offense in football, averaging 396 yards per game."

What does that tell you?

Last time you quoted this you had the quote in its full context, where it said that the receivers along with Cutler formed the offense. When I pointed that out you neg repped me.

Now you removed that part from the quote. Denial much?

Monty
The only reason it was even discussed was due to cassel's familiarity with the system...

You just keep on telling yourself that..... ROFL

Thig Lyfe
lol

MoreLemonPledge
Orton is better than Cutler. Only in Denver ROFL

notorious
05-26-2009, 04:04 PM
Once again:

90% of Denver fans spoke loudly about the fact that Cutler was the next Elway. He was Jesus with Diabetes. Then he suddenly became overated, a horrible decision maker, and a cancer to the team OVERNIGHT.

Give me one Denver fan, just ONE, that would have said that Orton is better then Cutler for their team before the Cutler trade talk fiasco.

It's a damn joke that Denver fan is trying to sugar coat a shit-sandwich.

I don't blame them. We as Chiefs fans would be doing the same damn thing if put in the same situation. Rational thought gets clouded when it is your team. Stand on the outside of a situation and things become very clear.

Let's not forget that it was Shanny's offense that was 2nd last year. I would take his offensive mind over just about anyone else. There will be a steep drop in production next year.

Red Beans
05-26-2009, 04:05 PM
Someone's been huffing gasoline again...

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 04:06 PM
4 running backs, 3 that nobody else really wanted? An underachieving #3 receiver from New England? 2 old Defensive Backs?

As i said before...

ALL OF WHOM COULD START FOR THE CHEEFS.....

my word...dense

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 04:10 PM
Once again:

90% of Denver fans spoke loudly about the fact that Cutler was the next Elway. He was Jesus with Diabetes. Then he suddenly became overated, a horrible decision maker, and a cancer to the team OVERNIGHT.

Give me one Denver fan, just ONE, that would have said that Orton is better then Cutler for their team before the Cutler trade talk fiasco.

I don't blame them. We as Chiefs fans would be doing the same damn thing if put in the same situation. Rational thought gets clouded when it is your team. Stand on the outside of a situation and things become very clear.

Let's not forget that it was Shanny's offense that was 2nd last year. I would take his offensive mind over just about anyone else. There will be a steep drop in production next year.

Who said Orton is better than Cutler?

Why did Denver get Two #1 Draft picks & Orton for Cutler then?

last season the Broncos had the 2nd ranked offense in the NFL..

The Bears had a horrid offense..

For the first time in Orton's career he gets to play with real talent surrounding him on offense...

MoreLemonPledge
05-26-2009, 04:12 PM

For the first time in Orton's career he gets to play with real talent surrounding him on offense...

Do you not think that the offense may have been horrid because of Orton, not in spite of him?

CrazyPhuD
05-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Yes and brian shay could start for the broncos too....what's that say?

Buck
05-26-2009, 04:13 PM
17-20

So you think that Orton is going to do better than Cutler did in Denver?

The Franchise
05-26-2009, 04:15 PM

Yeah....and you think that maybe Orton won games because of his defense? You know...something he doesn't have now in Denver.

Orton is fucked.

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 04:16 PM
So you think that Orton is going to do better than Cutler did in Denver?

Orton will do better not because he is a better Qb..

But beacuse Denver will be a better team..

Can you grasp the concept?

Kinda like when Archie Manning QB'ed the horrid Saints..won nothing

And Mark Rypien has a Superbowl ring...

get it? got it? good.

CaliforniaChief
05-26-2009, 04:18 PM
Once again:

Well said. Emotions cloud judgment. It happens to us Chiefs fans, and it's happened to this Broncos fan in a big big way.

There's no way to spin the Cutler fiasco. Your team, your new coach botched it. Badly. And you can talk about systems, etc. but a new coach doesn't just trade off a franchise QB because there's a guy who knows the system. It goes much deeper to the QB himself. We got him. You didn't. Have fun with Orton, though.

MoreLemonPledge
05-26-2009, 04:19 PM
...but they're not a better team. Not on paper, not by any stretch of the imagination. I don't see how you could justify that they are.

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 04:19 PM
Yeah....and you think that maybe Orton won games because of his defense? You know...something he doesn't have now in Denver.

Orton is ****ed.

Orton has arguably one of the best offensive lines now..

Marshall, Royal, Stokley & Gaffney as WR's

A stable of Rbs...

He'll be fine.....

notorious
05-26-2009, 04:24 PM

Denver got rid of a proven entity in Shanny. The Broncos O-Line is built for misdirection blocking and bootlegs. Denver also has a new head coach. Orton isn't bad, but I wouldn't expect him to set the world on fire.

This is not a comparison between the Chiefs and the Broncos. My opinion is an outside observation that has little bias. The Chiefs have been so bad for so long I don't give a damn what the other teams do because the Chiefs have to fix there own problems, which are numerous.

The AFC West is a joke right now. 5-11 might claim 2nd

The Franchise
05-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Orton has arguably one of the best offensive lines now..

Marshall, Royal, Stokley & Gaffney as WR's

A stable of Rbs...

He'll be fine.....

ROFL

Arguably one of the best offensive lines? Really?

Marshall can't stay out of trouble. Royal is good so I'll give you that. Stokley is old and Gaffney is nothing more than a body on a roster.

A stable of RBs? Moreno is good and your other RBs are basically horses that should have been sent to the glue factory a LONGGGGGG time ago.

Oh and way to totally blow past the fact that you have no defense.

Orton is going to be required to come from behind a lot.....and that's not his specialty. Orton is a game manager.

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Well said. Emotions cloud judgment. It happens to us Chiefs fans, and it's happened to this Broncos fan in a big big way.

There's no way to spin the Cutler fiasco. Your team, your new coach botched it. Badly. And you can talk about systems, etc. but a new coach doesn't just trade off a franchise QB because there's a guy who knows the system. It goes much deeper to the QB himself. We got him. You didn't. Have fun with Orton, though.

Never have I said that Orton was better than Cutler..

OR

That the Cutler situation wasn't a fiasco....

All I am saying is that losing one player will not make the Broncos go 6-26 like the Cheefs....

M'Kay..

Buck
Orton will do better not because he is a better Qb..

But beacuse Denver will be a better team..

Can you grasp the concept?

Kinda like when Archie Manning QB'ed the horrid Saints..won nothing

And Mark Rypien has a Superbowl ring...

get it? got it? good.

So you are telling me that the Broncos are better off w/ their rookie head coach and billion personnel changes?

MoreLemonPledge
How many games did Cutler have to win on the last drive because of the Donk's terrible defense? How many of those drives do you think Orton could replicate?

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 04:29 PM
ROFL

Arguably one of the best offensive lines? Really?

Yes best tackle tandem in the league.....

And Stokley & Gaffney would both start in KC...

notorious
05-26-2009, 04:29 PM
[QUOTE=The Bronco Rob;5794146]

That the Cutler situation wasn't a fiasco....

QUOTE]

A complete meltdown of a team's fanbase due to a coaching/management blunder is the very definition of "fiasco".

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 04:34 PM
So you are telling me that the Broncos are better off w/ their rookie head coach and billion personnel changes?

Yes...

You see the big difference between the Broncos & cheefs is that Denver won't tolerate mediocrity..

Carl's five year plan would have lasted 5 years..

Denver fired Dan Reeves after 3 trips to the Superbowl

Denver fired Shanahan after Two World Championships..

Different teams

Different standards

Different expectations

Simply Red
05-26-2009, 04:39 PM

PWNED!!!!!!

notorious
05-26-2009, 04:42 PM
Yes...

You see the big difference between the Broncos & cheefs is that Denver won't tolerate mediocrity..

Different teams

Different standards

Different expectations

I agree. Only this team would hire Herm Edwards. Only this team would sign their over-the-hill veterans to big contracts. Only this team would let the Defense go into the dark depths of hell.

That is one thing I admire about Denver, they don't put up with losing.

But, change brings hope, which both the Broncos and Chiefs are experiencing. Only time will tell the outcome for either.

CaliforniaChief
Yes...

Different teams

Different standards

Different expectations

Travis Henry is your father and John Elway married a Raiders Cheerleader.

Buck
Yes...

Different teams

Different standards

Different expectations

I may get neg repped for this, but I don't give 2 shits about the Chiefs. Their fans are cool, but I actually enjoy watching them lose.

I don't know why you keep saying that so and so could start for the Chiefs.

You could spread shit on my piss sandwich, but it doesn't make it a good sandwich.

The Broncos completely dug up their roots this year, and I don't expect them to be planted back firmly in the ground for many years to come. Whether or not Kyle Orton can dink and dunk his way down the field is beside the point.

The Broncos are screwed.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-26-2009, 04:43 PM
:doh!:

ROFL

Halfcan
05-26-2009, 04:43 PM
wow does he even watch football??

Faders wll be lucky to win 3 games.

notorious
05-26-2009, 04:44 PM
wow does he even watch football??

Faders wll be lucky to win 3 games.

Finally back on topic!

CrazyPhuD
05-26-2009, 04:47 PM
wow...I've never added anyone to an ignore list before...but when the ignorance gets this high....oh well no loss I'm sure.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-26-2009, 04:49 PM
I may get neg repped for this, but I don't give 2 shits about the Chiefs. Their fans are cool, but I actually enjoy watching them lose.

No offense taken. I'd rather lose another ten games than be saddled with something as horridly ghey as "San Diego Super Chargers".

For those of you not familiar, or for those who would simply like a refresher on the ghey, to remind you of just how ghey, pan down and press "play".

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CDiCxhtGMhc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CDiCxhtGMhc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

stevieray
since we're livng in the past...lets...

Owner named the SB
Played in First SB
Better winning % in SB's
AFC Trophy named after owner

HOF
Owner
Kicker
QB
RB
OL (Shields is a lock)
TE (Tony is a lock)
DL
LB (multiple)
DB

Ya, our forty year drought is a blip to most, just like the Invescos wil be in the future..,,but a the end of the day, including this day..The Chiefs have contrbuted more to the history of the NFL than the Invescos could even dream of....including their asterik riddled past.

the Talking Can

What does that tell you?

please take your stupid donko homerism back to whatever toilet you crawled out of....

denver fans are an embarrassment.....

the Talking Can
05-26-2009, 04:50 PM
the chargers would have to die in a plane crash to not win this shitty division

Buck
05-26-2009, 04:51 PM
By the way, I have a theory that Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal were both a product of Cutler.

So have fun seeing what they turn out to be next year.

kstater
05-26-2009, 04:52 PM
LMAO

Halfcan
05-26-2009, 04:55 PM
By the way, I have a theory that Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal were both a product of Cutler.

So have fun seeing what they turn out to be next year.

yep I wonder how many dumb Donk fans have bought their Orton jerseys yet?? ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-26-2009, 05:00 PM
yep I wonder how many dumb Donk fans have bought their Orton jerseys yet?? ROFL

I can't wait to watch them grow neckbeards in reverence.

wild1
05-26-2009, 05:03 PM
Jamarcus Russell would have to get run over by the team bus before this had any probability of happening.

MoreLemonPledge
05-26-2009, 05:03 PM
I can't wait to watch them grow neckbeards in reverence.

http://cameronmcewan.com/projects/magazine/culture_blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/neckbeard.jpg

the Talking Can
05-26-2009, 05:04 PM
http://cameronmcewan.com/projects/magazine/culture_blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/neckbeard.jpg

nice

Buck
05-26-2009, 05:05 PM

Did you google image search "Douchebag"?

MoreLemonPledge
05-26-2009, 05:06 PM

neckbeard broncos.

Pretty fitting, though.

CrazyPhuD
05-26-2009, 05:08 PM
Where's neckbeard the pirate?

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 05:10 PM
Your 2009 AFC West Standings

1.) Chargers
2.) Broncos
3.) Raiders
4.) The Ghost of the Seattle Seahawks
5.) Cheefs

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 05:10 PM
The Broncos are screwed.

Because the Broncos lost one player off an 8-8 team their "screwed"?

The Franchise
05-26-2009, 05:11 PM
Because the Broncos lost one player of an 8-8* team their "screwed"?

FYP

CaliforniaChief
05-26-2009, 05:11 PM

The Denver fan's going to have to transition pretty quickly. Right now half of Denver looks like that stupid Birdman and is flapping their wings walking around the city.

the Talking Can
05-26-2009, 05:12 PM
Your 2009 AFC West Standings

1.) Chargers
2.) Broncos
3.) Raiders
4.) The Ghost of the Seattle Seahawks
5.) Cheefs

my favorite toilets:

1.) your mom
2.) your grandma
3.) the woods
4.) at the library of congress in D.C.
5.) any lake

MoreLemonPledge
05-26-2009, 05:13 PM
my favorite toilets:

1.) your mom
2.) your grandma
3.) the woods
4.) at the library of congress in D.C.
5.) any lake

ROFL :clap:

Halfcan
05-26-2009, 05:19 PM

Bronco Rob is more handsome than I thought. ROFL

MMXcalibur
05-26-2009, 06:05 PM
Good fuckin' god...really? The Raiders? HAHAHA

EyePod
05-26-2009, 06:20 PM
They have a better chance than us.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-26-2009, 06:23 PM

What does that tell you?

It tells me that the Bears just shot up to Super Bowl Contenders while the Broncos slid down to a top 10 pick in next year's draft.

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 07:18 PM
It tells me that the Bears just shot up to Super Bowl Contenders while the Broncos slid down to a top 10 pick in next year's draft.

The Chicago Tribune begs to differ :

"The Bears need a receiver with unquestioned talents. They're not easy to find, but I'll borrow from general manager Jerry Angelo's pronouncement about the Bears' decision to pursue a Cutler trade: If Angelo is going to be in this, he has to be in it all the way. Cutler wasn't Cutler without Brandon Marshall. Who was Kyle Orton's Brandon Marshall? He didn't have one.

Who's willing to look at Hester after last season and say he's on the cusp of greatness?"

too funny

BigMeatballDave
05-26-2009, 07:22 PM
Matt Cassel = Scott MitchellYour head coach begs do differ.

the Talking Can
05-26-2009, 07:23 PM

"The Bears need a receiver with unquestioned talents. They're not easy to find, but I'll borrow from general manager Jerry Angelo's pronouncement about the Bears' decision to pursue a Cutler trade: If Angelo is going to be in this, he has to be in it all the way. Cutler wasn't Cutler without Brandon Marshall. Who was Kyle Orton's Brandon Marshall? He didn't have one.

Who's willing to look at Hester after last season and say he's on the cusp of greatness?"

too funny

i realize that bronco homerism the only homerism allowed on this board

but donko fans dumb enough to run around talking about how great it is that they dumped that bum Cutler for Orton should be treated like they have swine flu - shot and burned for the good of humanity

you make me pine for raiders trolls....that's how fucking pointlessly stupid you are...

BigMeatballDave
05-26-2009, 07:25 PM

What does that tell you?Kyle Orton Sucks?

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 07:28 PM
Kyle Orton Sucks?

"Can we agree that Cutler could use a lot of help? Wouldn't it be wonderful if we—pitchforkers and mere innocents alike—could reach common ground on the need for real, live receivers in Bears uniforms?"

guess again....

BigMeatballDave
05-26-2009, 07:36 PM

All I am saying is that losing one player will not make the Broncos go 6-26 like the Cheefs....

M'Kay..Um, when you lose an arm like Cutler, yes.

BigMeatballDave
05-26-2009, 07:39 PM
And Stokley & Gaffney would both start in KC...LMAO Both of them together could not hold Bowe's jock.

BigMeatballDave
05-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Because the Broncos lost one player off an 8-8 team their "screwed"?You lost your franchise QB you retarded chimp fucker.

BigMeatballDave
05-26-2009, 07:51 PM
They have a better chance than us.Never underestimate the colossal stupid which is the Raiders.

BigMeatballDave
05-26-2009, 07:53 PM
i realize that bronco homerism the only homerism allowed on this board

but donko fans dumb enough to run around talking about how great it is that they dumped that bum Cutler for Orton should be treated like they have swine flu - shot and burned for the good of humanity

you make me pine for raiders trolls....that's how fucking pointlessly stupid you are...ROFL

The Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 07:55 PM

"Can we agree that Cutler could use a lot of help? Wouldn't it be wonderful if we—pitchforkers and mere innocents alike—could reach common ground on the need for real, live receivers in Bears uniforms?"

"It is much easier to find a wide receiver than it is a quarterback, luckily for the Bears. There are several avenues they can go down in their search for an impact receiver who can complement Jay Cutler."

All of those quotes straight from Chicago.....

What does that tell ya?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-26-2009, 08:02 PM

"It is much easier to find a wide receiver than it is a quarterback, luckily for the Bears. There are several avenues they can go down in their search for an impact receiver who can complement Jay Cutler."

All of those quotes straight from Chicago.....

What does that tell ya?

It tells me you love copy and paste the way Bowlen loves his wet bar, and that you don't have an original thought in that entire useless head of yours.

SBK
05-26-2009, 08:43 PM
I have seen some dumb arguments here, but this donk fan takes the cake. Wow.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-26-2009, 08:49 PM

Meet 'Spider's' placenta-twin.

WildTurkey
05-26-2009, 08:55 PM
watch what you say to bronco bob... he will probably cut and paste you and put you in another thread

MoreLemonPledge
05-27-2009, 04:05 AM
Let's throw this hypothetical into the equation. The Chiefs lost how many games when either leading or when down by a touchdown or less in the 4th quarter last season? 6 or 7?

If the Chiefs had Cutler instead of Thigpen, we could have realistically ended up 8-8, just like the Broncos. Because of one player.

Conversely, you take Cutler (and Ed Hochuli) off of the Broncos, and how many wins, come from behind or otherwise, do they have?

YOUR TEAM IS NOT BETTER WITH ORTON.

I REPEAT, YOUR TEAM IS NOT BETTER WITH ORTON.

BigRock
05-27-2009, 04:09 AM

A top 10 pick they won't even get to use.

MoreLemonPledge
05-27-2009, 04:12 AM
A top 10 pick they won't even get to use.

ROFL

Enjoy your second round cornerback...

JuicesFlowing
05-27-2009, 04:33 AM
Gil Brandt must be a douche.

LaChapelle
05-27-2009, 04:40 AM
Is this a top that delusion contest?

MoreLemonPledge
05-27-2009, 04:41 AM
Is this a top that delusion contest?

CHIEFS VS BRONCOS SUPERBOWL

ELWAY VS MONTANA

PhillyChiefFan
05-27-2009, 05:21 AM
ROFL ROFL

Monty
05-27-2009, 08:02 AM

He's been making stupid statements like this for years now.....this thread is just a continuation of the dumbassery......:D

The Bronco Rob
05-27-2009, 08:03 AM
Let's throw this hypothetical into the equation. The Chiefs lost how many games when either leading or when down by a touchdown or less in the 4th quarter last season? 6 or 7?
If the Chiefs had Cutler instead of Thigpen, we could have realistically ended up 8-8, just like the Broncos. Because of one player.
Conversely, you take Cutler (and Ed Hochuli) off of the Broncos, and how many wins, come from behind or otherwise, do they have?
YOUR TEAM IS NOT BETTER WITH ORTON.
I REPEAT, YOUR TEAM IS NOT BETTER WITH ORTON.

First the cheefs lost 20 outta 21 games so spare me the shoulda coulda woulda...their horrid...

I never said the Broncos are better BECAUSE of Orton...

I said they will be a better TEAM as a whole....

Can you grasp the concept?!?

;)

KcFanInGA
05-27-2009, 08:19 AM
Wow. The Raiders? pfft!

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-27-2009, 08:35 AM
Has anyone seen the latest Twitlock piece(he said mischievously)? :D

BigMeatballDave
05-27-2009, 08:53 AM
First the cheefs lost 20 outta 21 games so spare me the shoulda coulda woulda...their horrid...

I never said the Broncos are better BECAUSE of Orton...

I said they will be a better TEAM as a whole....

Can you grasp the concept?!?

;)LMAO Holy shit, you are thick headed. You went 8-8 WITH Cutler. He was good enough to over come your bad D. You'll be lucky to be 6-10.

The Bronco Rob
05-27-2009, 08:59 AM
JASON WHITLOCK COMMENTARY
I’m starting to get cold feet about Cassel

When Scott Pioli struck the deal for Tom Brady understudy Matt Cassel, the experts lauded Pioli for acquiring the one-year wonder for such a “reasonable” price, a second-round pick.

Three months later — with Cassel still unsigned to a long-term deal — the price tag is losing quite a bit of its discount value. In fact, you could argue that Cassel inked a rather generous prenuptial agreement and Bill Belichick unloaded a potential headache.

It appears the Chiefs have little interest in signing Matt Cassel to a long-term contract before the start of the season. Or, more likely, Pioli lost interest in signing Cassel to a long-term contract once Kansas City’s first-time general manager learned Cassel and agent David Dunn’s asking price.

Given Cassel’s and Pioli’s New England relationship, I just assumed when the Chiefs traded for Cassel, the parameters of a long-term deal were agreed upon before the trade. I assumed wrong. Or, more likely, Cassel and Dunn elevated their contract demands after perusing the Chiefs’ roster and salary-cap situation.

The Chiefs have enough salary-cap room to house, feed, clothe and entertain most of Canada. And Kansas City’s current offensive personnel would make any rational QB demand hazardous-work pay.

Whatever the cause, Pioli and Dunn can’t agree on Cassel’s worth. The rumor around the Loch Lloyd golf course is the Cassels are renting, not buying.

Can you really blame them in this economy and with a fickle housing market?

But whom should we blame for this expensive experiment?

As of right now, Cassel is scheduled to earn nearly $15 million for the 2009 season. That’s his franchise-tag number.

Had we known in February that Cassel would cost $15 million and a second-round pick for one season of play, would we still regard his acquisition as a wise move?

Of course, if he plays lights-out and proves that his one good, Randy Moss-Wes Welker-fueled season was no fluke, no one will complain about the acquisition price and no one will care what the Chiefs have to pay next season to keep him.

The problem is, I just can’t imagine him putting together a magnificent or even solid season in 2009.

Tony Gonzalez is gone. Larry Johnson is still here. Brian Waters is somewhere brooding. The Chiefs drafted a bunch of defensive linemen.

The way Pioli has assembled offensive talent (36-year-old Bobby Engram is the big-ticket free-agent signing) makes me believe he’s negotiating with Dunn and Cassel.

No offense to Cassel, but he’s a college and NFL bench-warmer who had the luxury of playing quarterback alongside the greatest offensive force (Moss) the league has seen since Jim Brown.

Last season Cassel stepped into a moving vehicle and did a good job of not running off the road. Kansas City’s offense has been stuck in neutral since Dick Vermeil left. And now the one reliable tire left on KC’s car moved to Atlanta.

This smells like 15 TDs and 20 interceptions, doesn’t it? Or maybe seven TDs, 12 interceptions and a season-ending injury halfway through the season.

It’s not even June, and I can already hear the Tyler Thigpen chants in the distance. By October, the talk-radio shows will be filled with Grbac-Gannon analogies.

The official Vegas over-under line on when I’ll write my first Jeff George column is Oct. 3. I’m playing the under if you must know.

For the record, my official position is I’d prefer to see the Chiefs draft and develop a quarterback. The Chiefs keep trying to convert backups — even Joe Montana was Steve Young’s backup in San Fran — into Super Bowl quarterbacks.

You ever break up with a girlfriend/boyfriend, date their best friend and then complain about the same problems? It’s stupid. It’s just as stupid to keep dating the exact same quarterback.

Most backup quarterbacks are backups for a good reason. They don’t marinate on the bench for eight years waiting to be discovered.

My problem with Cassel is he didn’t transfer out of USC when he was stuck behind Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart. The great ones generally have massive egos that can’t be satisfied riding the pine.

Man, I hope I’m wrong about this $15 million audition.

That is too funny..

Jason that check better be in the mail me!

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-27-2009, 09:09 AM
Re...POST.

BigMeatballDave
05-27-2009, 09:16 AM
JASON WHITLOCK COMMENTARY
I’m starting to get cold feet about Cassel

Holy shit. You are stupid. Do you really think we give a shit what JW says? :doh!:

Kerberos
05-27-2009, 11:10 AM
I'm not going to look over every dumbass post of Bronco Douche or anyone elses. But has anyone pointed out to HOMER BOY that the OFFENSE that did so well last year was under Shanny and that it WON'T be the same offense boy wunder McDaniel is running?

To say that the Browncos had a great offense last year and have a lot of the pieces for the same this year is ASSNINE since they ALL have to learn a brand new offense.

Browncos will be lucky to win 5 games this season. If you think otherwise you are NOT optomistic you are a GAWD DAMN MORON.

:shake:

Kerberos
05-27-2009, 11:15 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=4202976

Q and A with John Clayton

Common consensus is the same everwhere but with Bronco SlobmyknobRob
Denvers defense needed tons of help and they didn't do enough to address it. Learning a new offense will be monumental in thier failures other than thier defensive woes.

Q: I have heard every expert so far act as though the Broncos will be the next Detroit Lions, but when you think about it, they actually might be better than last year. Last year, the defense was atrocious because we were missing our key players: Champ and Boss Bailey and D.J. Williams. With them back, Mike Nolan's scheme and the various guys we picked up through free agency and [the] draft, I think our defense has a shot for top 20. If the RBs stay healthy (mainly Knowshon Moreno), we might not have to always throw the ball, resulting in more red zone scoring and a better offense than last year. Call me an optimist, but I see the '09 season being better than the '08 season. Do you see it this way?

Ryan in N.J.

A: I don't see the replacement parts up front. If you are going to a 3-4 defense, as Denver is, you must get better in the front seven, particularly the line. The defense gave up 28 points a game last season. Do you really see improvement in stopping the run? My big problem in drafting Moreno is he didn't play in the defensive front seven. Sure, a good running game can help a defense, but no defense needed more help than the Broncos'. They signed 14 unrestricted free agents. That's something that an expansion team would do.
NFL.com Video

Michelle Beisner is in Chicago and has the latest on Jay Cutler and the rest of the Bears.
Q: Why is everyone bagging on the AFC West? My Denver team beat some quality teams last year. It was defense that let them down. K.C. wasn't too far off, with a lot of close losses. Oakland is Oakland, but it has talent if it is utilized correctly. I see more potential in our division than most. What do you think?

Jon in Marion

A: It's pretty clear that the bottom three teams (Oakland, K.C. and Denver) in the AFC West are in transition. It's like the NFC West last season. That division was at the bottom and things started to rise at the end of the season. It still concerns me that the Broncos got worse at quarterback, going from Jay Cutler to Kyle Orton. In Oakland, JaMarcus Russell isn't making the big move at quarterback. In Kansas City, Matt Cassel doesn't have a lot of receiving talent that's proven.

Buck
05-27-2009, 11:17 AM
Hey Bronco Rob.

I'm gonna be in Denver for the Chargers week 11 game (Nov 22) against the Broncos.

Going to the Wynkoop the night before for the Chargers party. If you show up I'll say hey to you, even though I don't agree with anything you are saying.

Buck
06-20-2009, 03:21 AM
lolz

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-20-2009, 10:53 AM
lolz

Did you change your name from "Fire Me Boy" to your present incarnation?