PDA

View Full Version : Music Beasties on Jimmy Fallon

Pitt Gorilla
05-26-2009, 10:50 PM
win.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uEEi5JSuBZA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uEEi5JSuBZA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

KCChiefsMan
05-27-2009, 01:47 AM
are the beastie boys making a comeback? its gotta be better than that green day crap they just put out

kcxiv
05-27-2009, 01:48 AM
I dont think Beastie Boys have ever stopped. They take a few years off, but i think teir last album was 2007 maybe?

blaise
05-27-2009, 08:26 AM
I dont think Beastie Boys have ever stopped. They take a few years off, but i think teir last album was 2007 maybe?

Around there. They made To the Five Boroughs. I didn't care for it much, and I've been a fan of theirs for a long time. I thought lyrically it was weak, I thought some of the political stuff they put in there was preachy and awkward. Paul's Boutique was their best effort, in fact I think it's a top 5 all time hip-hop album. Then License to Ill, Check Your Head. Ill Communication and Hello Nasty are about even, but behind the others. To the Five Boroughs is at the bottom I think.

MOhillbilly
05-27-2009, 08:30 AM
The Roots are the best thing about that fuckin reject of a show.

CoMoChief
05-27-2009, 08:31 AM
Beastie Boys suck IMO.

Pablo
05-27-2009, 08:59 AM
Beastie Boys suck IMO.I'm gonna have to go with This.

Pitt Gorilla
05-27-2009, 10:25 AM
Around there. They made To the Five Boroughs. I didn't care for it much, and I've been a fan of theirs for a long time. I thought lyrically it was weak, I thought some of the political stuff they put in there was preachy and awkward. Paul's Boutique was their best effort, in fact I think it's a top 5 all time hip-hop album. Then License to Ill, Check Your Head. Ill Communication and Hello Nasty are about even, but behind the others. To the Five Boroughs is at the bottom I think.I agree with most of your assessment, except that To the Five Boroughs was quite good. The beats were "back" IMO and the album was certainly much better than Hello Nasty.

Thig Lyfe
05-27-2009, 10:28 AM
Their most recent album is The Mix-Up, which is an instrumental album. It's pretty good.

Archie F. Swin
05-27-2009, 10:38 AM
roots crew is Fallon's house band?

ZootedGranny
05-27-2009, 11:06 AM
The Mix-Up was decent, but it wasn't near the quality of their past instrumental work.

If their new album ends up anything like To the 5 Boroughs, I'll pass.