PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ben Watson

Ralphy Boy
05-27-2009, 08:54 PM
Apparently his contract is up after this year and with New England adding two tight ends, Chris Baker (Jets) and Alex Smith (via a trade with the Bucs after the draft), Watson could be on the trading block.

His best year was 2006, in terms of receiving yards, before they added Randy Moss & Wes Welker, though he did have 6 TD's in 2007 with Brady at the helm. Last year he was coming off an ankle surgery in March that stemmed from an injury in October of 2007.

The whole Pioli/New England relationship is obviously a big factor, he drafted him and I'm sure is very much aware of his injury history and the surgery.

I wanted us to draft him back in 2004, you know instead of trading out of the 1st for the jewel that was Junior Siavii. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=87240

I'm sure everyone has seen the highlight of him chasing down Champ Bailey and tackling him at the 2 yard line after Brady threw a pick in the end zone.

Simple logic is we have Dwayne Bowe to throw to and little else. I have to think Pioli has at least already considered it as I can't see him letting Cassel go into this season with so little to work with and Watson knows the offense. One article I saw suggested a 5th rounder in trade.

Halfcan
05-27-2009, 08:56 PM
wow-lets wait a year and find out if the Cheaps bite-the suspense is killing me

RJ
05-27-2009, 08:58 PM
As long as we're Patsifying, I wouldn't mind adding Watson.

Red Beans
05-27-2009, 09:23 PM
wow-lets wait a year and find out if the Cheaps bite-the suspense is killing me

G-A-Y...gay

Halfcan
05-27-2009, 09:37 PM
G-A-Y...gay

STF up noob rochambeau

Rain Man
05-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Champ Bailey fumbled.

MIAdragon
05-27-2009, 09:48 PM
STF up noob rochambeau

Nice! Dont see that too often around thses parts anymore.

Halfcan
05-27-2009, 09:51 PM

yep Skip has been slacking on the job.

Noobs running wild lately-where is the dogcatcher when you need him.

txhawk
05-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Watson is worthless. He never stays healthy. And he's unproductive. His veteran salary is not worth the investment.

salame
05-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Watson is worthless. He never stays healthy. And he's unproductive. His veteran salary is not worth the investment.

Well the chiefs are going to barely meet the minimum cap so....

Tribal Warfare
05-28-2009, 01:13 AM

http://www.realraptalk.com/images/smilies/wtf8cr.gif

MMXcalibur
05-28-2009, 02:26 AM
Ben Watson is a stud in Madden.
Sooooooooooooo...sign him so I can dominate with KC online. :)

MoreLemonPledge
05-28-2009, 04:50 AM
I like Ben Watson. Lots of talent, just hasn't realized it all yet. If he could stay healthy, he could contribute.

DaKCMan AP
05-28-2009, 05:38 AM
Did you know that if the Patriots didn't draft Ben Watson they wanted Kris Wilson in the 2004 draft?

Amnorix
05-28-2009, 07:14 AM
Watson is physically overwhelming, but doesn't have the best of hands. So far, he has failed to turn all his potential into NFL reality.

I could easily see him being on the trading block for us, as he is in the final year of his contract and we have a bunch of TEs, though some are TC fodder. BUT, his salary is a very cheap $910K this year, and according to Patriots Cap Guru Miguel, his being cut/traded woudl save us only $449K on the 2009 cap.

I assume that number factors in his being replaced on the roster by another guy at minimum wage or something, because otherwise it makes no sense to me. But arguing the cap with Miguel is about as good an idea as arguing physics with Stephen Hawking...

http://www.patscap.com/

JD10367
05-28-2009, 08:13 AM
Watson is physically overwhelming, but doesn't have the best of hands. So far, he has failed to turn all his potential into NFL reality.

I could easily see him being on the trading block for us, as he is in the final year of his contract and we have a bunch of TEs, though some are TC fodder. BUT, his salary is a very cheap $910K this year, and according to Patriots Cap Guru Miguel, his being cut/traded woudl save us only $449K on the 2009 cap.

I assume that number factors in his being replaced on the roster by another guy at minimum wage or something, because otherwise it makes no sense to me. But arguing the cap with Miguel is about as good an idea as arguing physics with Stephen Hawking...

http://www.patscap.com/

This.

Someone on another board gave Watson (because of his stone hands) the nickname "Pizza Paddles". That's all you really need to know. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

Basileus777
05-28-2009, 09:51 AM
Watson is just another guy. He's a marginal starter at TE.

salame
05-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Did you know that if the Patriots didn't draft Ben Watson they wanted Kris Wilson in the 2004 draft?

Boy Imagine how much of a stud we would be calling Kris Wilson if he was a Patriot

BarrySPAMAID
05-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Pass

salame
05-28-2009, 06:59 PM
http://paulpoteet.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/watsons_girl.jpg