PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Bad luck or poor conditioning, most would agree Herm's

LaChapelle
05-28-2009, 04:53 PM
...players were prone to injury. DV had tough practices but injuries didn't seem to be a recurring theme. An arguement for the opposite could possibly be make.

You've guessed the question by now. Are there any indicators on where this regime might lay on the injury front?

- I guess older players may be an indicator.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-28-2009, 04:58 PM
I would like to think they'd be tougher overall due to the off season training program Haley is running(?).

LaChapelle
05-28-2009, 05:06 PM
Seems like the Pats always had injuries. That could be the use of old players, and why they liked versatile players.

Micjones
05-28-2009, 05:11 PM
I think there's at least some correlation between their workout/practice regimen and their penchant for injury/coming out flat in the Second Halves of football games.

Just Passin' By
05-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Seems like the Pats always had injuries. That could be the use of old players, and why they liked versatile players.

The Patriots are very physical on defense, and they expect their cornerbacks to be good tacklers. Arizona really wasn't that sort of defense. My guess is that this defense will either be more like New England's, or there will be a lot more Romeo Crennel talk in the next offseason.

BarrySPAMAID
05-28-2009, 06:14 PM
I think the evidence is there that Todd Haley is going to kick the shit out of these kids come August. Will that contibute to less injury? One can hope.

keg in kc
05-28-2009, 06:19 PM
DVs teams had no injuries? I think I'd reassess that statement.

Buehler445
05-28-2009, 07:05 PM

I was thinking the same thing, but didn't know if I was just remembering the few as constant. HERM HAS CRUSHED MY MEMORY.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-28-2009, 07:19 PM
I was thinking the same thing, but didn't know if I was just remembering the few as constant. HERM HAS CRUSHED MY MEMORY.

"He shall return, and lead us to #1 overall in our time of drafting need".

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/Herm-1.jpg

LaChapelle
05-28-2009, 07:20 PM
...players were prone to injury. DV had tough practices but injuries didn't seem to be a recurring theme. An arguement for the opposite could possibly be make.

You've guessed the question by now. Are there any indicators on where this regime might lay on the injury front?

- I guess older players may be an indicator.

:spock:

BryanBusby
05-28-2009, 08:07 PM

Any team under any coach is going to deal with injuries, but the difference in the amount of injuries the team had under Vermeil and Permasuck were rather noticeable.

InChiefsHeaven
05-28-2009, 09:47 PM
Most noteably the fact that the dude just flat out gets quarterbacks killed. Jets and Chiefs both. Can that really be a coincidence??

petegz28
05-28-2009, 09:54 PM
Herm's practices were soft and undisciplined. And it showed on the field every Sunday.

WildTurkey
05-28-2009, 09:58 PM
yeah just look at how many of herm's "players" that have been either called out or flat out cut due to their work ethic and the fact they show up to team activities out of shape,

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-28-2009, 10:18 PM
yeah just look at how many of herm's "players" that have been either called out or flat out cut due to their work ethic and the fact they show up to team activities out of shape,

Herm was just not good.

FAX
05-28-2009, 11:50 PM
Herm was Satan. But putting that aside for the moment, his practice regimen was injury bait. Injuries often occur when players get tired and it appeared to me that our guys got worn as the war wore on. DV approached things differently from a training standpoint, but the result was similar - at least according to the veterans who spoke out on the matter. Apparently, many of them felt that his practices led to fatigue as the season progressed.

Luck (or the lack thereof) is a factor, though. Sometimes, guys just get hit from the wrong angle and, whether or not they're pooped, their pooper pops. Then, of course, there are guys like Downfield Damon whose injuries had a whole lot to do with falling behind on his life insurance premiums.

FAX

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-29-2009, 12:03 AM
Herm was Satan. But putting that aside for the moment, his practice regimen was injury bait. Injuries often occur when players get tired and it appeared to me that our guys got worn as the war wore on. DV approached things differently from a training standpoint, but the result was similar - at least according to the veterans who spoke out on the matter. Apparently, many of them felt that his practices led to fatigue as the season progressed.

Luck (or the lack thereof) is a factor, though. Sometimes, guys just get hit from the wrong angle and, whether or not they're pooped, their pooper pops. Then, of course, there are guys like Downfield Damon whose injuries had a whole lot to do with falling behind on his life insurance premiums.

FAX

Good evening Mr. Fax.

Excellent points. I will only add to your well thought out take by speculating that perhaps the Haley method involves building a team stamina that increases incrementally for the whole squad once the initial "break-in" period has been achieved?

Not to say that individual performance peaks should not be cultivated as it would be foolish to downgrade this particular aspect of the overall program, but aside from individual training it seems that building the communal work-horse which fires on all engines creates a pace and a tempo that the entire team can be counted upon to uphold during the course of four full quarters, yes?

CoMoChief
05-29-2009, 07:34 AM
Herm was an X's and O's genious. Cant understand why we got rid of him. He's the best coach in the NFL.

Amnorix
05-29-2009, 07:48 AM

We had some terrible runs of injuries. I'm amazed we won in 2003 we were so banged up.

2004 we were mostly healthy wire to wire. We won the last 15 games and won the SB.

'05 and '06 were injury disasters.

'07 we were amazingly healthy. That's part of why we won all the games right up until Tyree caught a ball with his frickin' helmet.

'08 wasn't too bad except for one notable injury, plus the DBs who got racked. :banghead:

By 2003, though, there was alot of chatter around Patriots Nation about why the team couldn't stay healthy. We were winning SBs, but we were also suffering ALOT of injuries. Since then, it's been up and down.

Chiefnj2
05-29-2009, 07:53 AM
Lots of young players = not used to the gruel of the NFL = more injuries.

Herm = injured QBs.

Injuries happen to all teams. It's a big part of the NFL and you need some luck with the timing of your injuries to make it to the post season.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-29-2009, 08:47 AM
Herm was an X's and O's genious. Cant understand why we got rid of him. He's the best coach in the NFL.

April fools?

Buehler445
05-29-2009, 09:01 AM
Fuck Herm. Seriously. We should not speak of that clown ever again. Unless it is to avoid a catastrophic mistake (like hiring him).
Posted via Mobile Device

Lzen
05-29-2009, 09:02 AM
Herm's practices were soft and undisciplined. And it showed on the field every Sunday.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

BarrySPAMAID
05-29-2009, 09:38 AM

ROFL

X's and O's genious...LOL!!!!

talastan
05-29-2009, 09:51 AM
Herm was an X's and O's genious. Cant understand why we got rid of him. He's the best coach in the NFL, for the other team.

FYP