PDA

View Full Version : Life HOA asks Veteran to remove patriotic bumper stickers

Deberg_1990
05-29-2009, 09:09 AM
WTF??

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/national/dpgo_HOA_Asks_Vet_to_Remove_Bumper_fc_20090528_2518563

Vet's Patriotic Stickers
Under Fire
Published : Wednesday, 27 May 2009, 10:45 PM CDT

James Rose
DALLAS - Frank Larison is a disabled veteran with more than 14 years of service, including more than a year of combat duty in Vietnam.

The 58-year-old former Marine now finds himself under attack by his Dallas homeowners association for displaying seven decals on his vehicle supporting the Marine Corps.

"To me, it's being patriotic, and it shows that I served," the veteran told FOX 4.

The board says the decals are advertisements that violate HOA rules, and must be covered or removed.

Otherwise, the homeowners association for The Woodlands II on The Creek --- where Larimore has lived for eight years --- says in a letter it will tow the car at Larimore's expense. The board also threatens to fine him $50 for any future incident.

Larimore says the decals, ranging from the Marine emblem to Semper Fi slogans, aren't advertisements for anything. "You can't buy freedom," he reasoned.

Some neighbors are outraged.

"That is his identity," said neighbor Mary Castagna. "He goes to a lot of the veteran meetings, and it means a lot to him. Everyone else agrees with it; it doesn't bother anybody."

"He's in the Marines, and he's proud of it, and I don't blame him," said neighbor Paul Hardy. "If I'd gone through what he's gone through, I'd be kind of proud of it myself."

The letter from the board states you can't have any form of advertisement anywhere on your car on your property. FOX 4 cameras spotted bumper stickers for political parties, health causes, and other non-commercial interests on the property as well.

One board member said he was unaware the HOA presidents sent the letter and did not know of any issue with Larimore's vehicle.

"I will be looking into it," said board member Art Bradford. "I didn't know anything about this. I haven't seen this."

The board president was out of town and unavailable. The condo management company did not want to comment.

Scorp
05-29-2009, 09:13 AM
The pussification of America continues........

KC native
05-29-2009, 09:16 AM
Shouldn't have moved into an HOA neighborhood. I have little sympathy for him about this. I don't think it's right but he knew the restrictions upon moving into the neighborhood.

Donger
05-29-2009, 09:18 AM
I fail to see how these bumper stickers are advertisements, but I'd like to read the specific HOA covenants.

Lzen
05-29-2009, 09:18 AM
HOAs suck.

KC native,
it says he has lived there for 8 years. They are just now going after him for his bumper stickers? I seriously doubt that he just started putting on bumper stickers.

KC Dan
05-29-2009, 09:20 AM
Shouldn't have moved into an HOA neighborhood. I have little sympathy for him about this. I don't think it's right but he knew the restrictions upon moving into the neighborhood.
Sometimes, you are a friggin' cartoon. It's such a good thing that he defended your right to post your crap.

Nzoner
05-29-2009, 09:21 AM
Sometimes, you are a friggin' cartoon. It's such a good thing that he defended your right to post your crap.

:thumb:

Rooster
I hate HOAs.

It's a little surprising this is happening in TX.

The Franchise
Maybe someone can look up the contact information for this HOA and the Planet can contact the president about this issue.

KC native
05-29-2009, 09:22 AM
HOAs suck.

KC native,
it says he has lived there for 8 years. They are just now going after him for his bumper stickers? I seriously doubt that he just started putting on bumper stickers.

You're probably right. I don't think this is right but HOA's down hurrr in Texas they do all kinds of crazy ish like this. There was one in another suburb here that said a guy couldn't park his brand new F150 where it could be viewed from the street. They said if he would have gotten the luxury version (lincoln mark vii I believe) then he could park it in his driveway.

Demonpenz
05-29-2009, 09:22 AM
probably hanging out in his garage drinking beer

Frazod
05-29-2009, 09:23 AM
Are the members of the HOA black? If so, Micjones will be along shortly to explain how Marine Corps bumper stickers are racist.

KC native
05-29-2009, 09:23 AM

Did I say the HOA was right? I said have little sympathy for him because he choose to live in a neighborhood with an HOA.

Radar Chief
05-29-2009, 09:25 AM
The letter from the board states you can't have any form of advertisement anywhere on your car on your property. FOX 4 cameras spotted bumper stickers for political parties, health causes, and other non-commercial interests on the property as well.

LMAO Who knew that the busy body getting all bent out of shape over a veterans “Hooraw!” stickers would be a flaming hypocrite?

MOhillbilly
05-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Fuck this shit. i cant read anymore mealymouthed bullshit from the reds.

im out.

see you fuckers monday.

Demonpenz
05-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Did I say the HOA was right? I said have little sympathy for him because he choose to live in a neighborhood with an HOA.

well he didn't have the same rights as you and me so he was forced to move into the HOA, then his son was the prom queen that made matters worse, then he was drinking beer in the garage when Jilly called the cops on him, after all that he decided trey hillman should be fired and bloomquist is the fan favorite all the while he was planning on going to nzoner's party bash.

Radar Chief
**** this shit. i cant read anymore mealymouthed bullshit from the reds.

im out.

see you ****ers monday.

Have a good weekend MO.

The Franchise
Are the members of the HOA black? If so, Micjones will be along shortly to explain how Marine Corps bumper stickers are racist.

:clap:

Dartgod
05-29-2009, 09:29 AM
Reason #341 why I will never own a home in a neighborhood with a HOA.

KC native
05-29-2009, 09:29 AM
well he didn't have the same rights as you and me so he was forced to move into the HOA, then his son was the prom queen that made matters worse, then he was drinking beer in the garage when Jilly called the cops on him, after all that he decided trey hillman should be fired and bloomquist is the fan favorite all the while he was planning on going to nzoner's party bash.

ROFL

Lzen
05-29-2009, 09:31 AM
You're probably right. I don't think this is right but HOA's down hurrr in Texas they do all kinds of crazy ish like this. There was one in another suburb here that said a guy couldn't park his brand new F150 where it could be viewed from the street. They said if he would have gotten the luxury version (lincoln mark vii I believe) then he could park it in his driveway.

That is exactly why I will never live in a HOA community.

CoMoChief
05-29-2009, 09:32 AM
Wow, this is dumber than the American flag-offended hospital co-worker thread.

If this is al about money, you'd think this HOA just fucked themselves trying to put their foot down on this issue.

El Jefe
05-29-2009, 09:35 AM

LMAO, good stuff.

KC native
05-29-2009, 09:35 AM
That is exactly why I will never live in a HOA community.

Me either. I think this shit is ridiculous. My little bro is a Marine and my grandfather was a Marine so I know how much pride they take in that. I would be pissed if I was this guy too but he did choose the neighborhood with the HOA.

Amnorix
05-29-2009, 09:36 AM
I hate HOAs.

It's a little surprising this is happening in TX.

Stupidity knows no borders.

Donger
05-29-2009, 09:40 AM
LMAO Who knew that the busy body getting all bent out of shape over a veterans “Hooraw!” stickers would be a flaming hypocrite?

It does seem like selective enforcement.

RJ
05-29-2009, 09:50 AM
The HOA has to draw a line somewhere. You let a guy get away with bumper stickers, next thing you know he's hanging out in his garage. Anarchy.

Coach
05-29-2009, 09:51 AM
"If you don't like it, you can go fuck off."

PunkinDrublic
05-29-2009, 09:51 AM
This story came from fox news so I doubt we're getting the full story. I think there's more to it that they aren't telling us. Looks like they're trying to drum up outrage.

DJ's left nut
05-29-2009, 10:02 AM

If he had a hammer and sickle on there you'd be singing a different tune.

Buzz
05-29-2009, 10:03 AM
:cuss:

KC native
05-29-2009, 10:04 AM
If he had a hammer and sickle on there you'd be singing a different tune.

Not at all. HOA's are stupid but if you move into a neighborhood with one then you agree to their restrictions (whatever they may be).

Dartgod
05-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Not at all. HOA's are stupid but if you move into a neighborhood with one then you agree to their restrictions (whatever they may be).
Absolutely.

However, in this case, I'm betting that there is more to the story. Maybe the Vet and the officer had a tiff over something completely unrelated, and now they are using their pseudo-power to lash out at him?

KC native
05-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Absolutely.

However, in this case, I'm betting that there is more to the story. Maybe the Vet and the officer had a tiff over something completely unrelated, and now they are using their pseudo-power to lash out at him?

You are probably right on this. These disputes usually start over something completely unrelated and then escalate whenever the piss ant HOA leader finds a way to retaliate.

Garcia Bronco
05-29-2009, 10:11 AM
The idea that these are advertisments is just stupid. Obviously we have to see the contract to be sure, but it's just effing stupd as stated in the OP.

Lzen
05-29-2009, 10:18 AM
Maybe someone can look up the contact information for this HOA and the Planet can contact the president about this issue.

Found this. Not sure on the validity/accuracy.

Woodlands on the Creek II

Royal/Fair Oaks Crossing
104 Homes
President – Darenda Hardy
hardyd4099@aol.com

214-503-8826

Lzen
05-29-2009, 10:20 AM
This story came from fox news so I doubt we're getting the full story. I think there's more to it that they aren't telling us. Looks like they're trying to drum up outrage.

Yeah, cause Fox News is the only one that could ever be guilty of political bias. :rolleyes:

http://fundrace.huffingtonpost.com/neighbors.php/neighbors.php?type=name&lname=Hardy&fname=Darenda+A

Mojo Jojo
05-29-2009, 10:28 AM
Where to start?
First of all I have found that most of the people who are on the board of a HOA are the kids who were not popular in high school or college. So now they are taking it out on others. Honestly, who with a real life wants to deal with all the HOA crap?
Second, I live in a HOA neighborhood. and three years ago we had a president who went around with a notebook looking for violations. He was a little prick. So, when elections came up all we normal people showed up and threw his whinny little ass out along with all his little buddies. We elected one of the rest of us. We have changed some of the dumb rules and have enforced the common sense ones.
Third, the HOA board has another thing coming for messing with a former Marine. They stick together and will make their voices heard.

Iowanian
05-29-2009, 10:34 AM
I think he should dig a firing position in the front yard complete with sand bags.

That might make the HOA uneasy.

raybec 4
05-29-2009, 10:37 AM
I think he should dig a firing position in the front yard complete with sand bags.

That might make the HOA uneasy.

Think they would come threaten to fine him 50 bucks or tow away his M-60?

BigChiefFan
05-29-2009, 10:37 AM
Freedom of speech, enough said.

Cannibal
05-29-2009, 10:42 AM
I'd like to see his "patriotic" bumper stickers before I form an opinion on this.

Garcia Bronco
05-29-2009, 10:43 AM
Freedom of speech, enough said.

People will argue that this isn't the governemnt and the first amendment doesn't apply.

Donger
05-29-2009, 10:44 AM
I'd like to see his "patriotic" bumper stickers before I form an opinion on this.

Here:

BigChiefFan
05-29-2009, 10:45 AM
People will argue that this isn't the governemnt and the first amendment doesn't apply.

Bill of Rights and the Constitution are THE LAWS of the land, so the HOA doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Cannibal
05-29-2009, 10:46 AM
Here:

If that is really his car. Then they overreacted bigtime.

I do question his judgement based on the choice of his vehicle though. :D

Garcia Bronco
05-29-2009, 10:46 AM
Bill of Rights and the Constitution are THE LAWS of the land, so the HOA doesn't have a leg to stand on.

I agree, but we'll have the people that argue otherwise.

Skip Towne
05-29-2009, 10:50 AM
I'd tell that HOA to get a double lip lock on my love muscle.

PhillyChiefFan
05-29-2009, 10:56 AM
He better take of the emblems on his car then too. It's advertising for the company that built his car.

What a crock of sh*t. I understand picket fence over chainlink, mowing your lawn, etc. but this is stupid.

KC native
05-29-2009, 10:58 AM
Wow, this HOA leader is a dick bag. The DV on his license plate (which they should have censored) signify Disabled Veteran. This is a battle they shouldn't have fought. This will not look good on them.

PhillyChiefFan
05-29-2009, 10:59 AM
Wow, this HOA leader is a dick bag. The DV on his license plate (which they should have censored) signify Disabled Veteran. This is a battle they shouldn't have fought. This will not look good on them.

seriously I doubt that most people are going to side with an organization fighting against a disabled marine who fought for his country.

They should have thought this one through.

BigChiefFan
05-29-2009, 11:01 AM
I agree, but we'll have the people that argue otherwise.I see the good and bad in HOA's. While I think having people ADHERE to policies for the good of the neighborhood has it's benefits, it's also typically uppity people that want to control others and have them ADHERE to what THEY find appropriate. Due to it's nature, there's too much room for power hungry busy bodies to DICTATE to others what they see fit. To me, it's just guidelines that can't be enforced, thus making it irrelevant in a court of law and stripping away what power these HOAs groups THINK they posses. Just my two cents.

kepp
05-29-2009, 11:06 AM
The ONLY reason HOAs exist is to bilk people out of money. Why would anyone pay someone to tell them what they can do to their own property?

Just Passin' By
05-29-2009, 11:06 AM

HOAs have always been an idiotic idea and they are just getting worse. If you can't opt out of them, it's just a matter of time before every neighborhood becomes one. Now, every asshole who lost the vote for class president thinks he's the new ruler of the universe because he got elected to a HOA position, and he figures it's his chance to change the world, one bumper sticker, flagpole or paint color at a time.

Deberg_1990
05-29-2009, 11:08 AM
HOAs have always been an idiotic idea

Not at all. It helps maintain property value by keeping trashy neighbors in check.

Just Passin' By
05-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Not at all. It helps maintain property value by keeping trashy neighbors in check.

You don't see the inherent hypocrisy in that position?

Saulbadguy
05-29-2009, 11:11 AM

Yep.

I belong to a HOA, while not nearly as restrictive as this one, it does keep some of the stupidity in check.

Saulbadguy
05-29-2009, 11:12 AM

Not at all.

Donger
05-29-2009, 11:12 AM

I don't. Care to point it out?

Just Passin' By
05-29-2009, 11:16 AM
I don't. Care to point it out?

You're just replacing one neighbor's impacting another's land with an HOA doing the same thing. "Trashy" neighbors should have the right to do with their property as they choose. Not everyone wants to keep their lawn at 4 inches or lower, prevent basketball hoops from being placed on the garage, bar trucks from driveways, ban certain colors for homes and the like. Or, to put it another way...

Why does the trashy neighbor have to shape up or move? Why don't you move?

Donger
05-29-2009, 11:19 AM
You're just replacing one neighbor's impacting another's land with an HOA doing the same thing. "Trashy" neighbors should have the right to do with their property as they choose. Not everyone wants to keep their lawn at 4 inches or lower, prevent basketball hoops from being placed on the garage, bar trucks from driveways, ban certain colors for homes and the like. Or, to put it another way...

Errr, moving into a neighborhood that is covenant-controlled is voluntary.

Saulbadguy
05-29-2009, 11:20 AM
"Trashy" neighbors should have the right to do with their property as they choose.

Not true at all.

Garcia Bronco
05-29-2009, 11:21 AM
In my neighborhood we have this guy who owns a car dealership and likes to have 5 or more of his inventory parked in our neighborhood. We had to have them towed because he wouldn't compromise.

epitome1170
05-29-2009, 11:21 AM

Because you pay the HOA dues. :)

People act like you pay the dues so you have to adhere to the rules. That is not at all how it is. You pay the dues so your NEIGHBORS must adhere to the rules.

Red Dawg
05-29-2009, 11:22 AM
HOAs suck.

KC native,

HOA's do not suck. They keep trashy people out of good communities. Nothing worse than to have 10 people on the same street take care of thier property than right in the middle you have some trashy human that leave crap in the yard, don't cut the grass and so on.

Bumper sticker complaint is pretty ticky tacky though.

Just Passin' By
05-29-2009, 11:24 AM
Errr, moving into a neighborhood that is covenant-controlled is voluntary.

That doesn't change the equation. It just creates a false argument. Moving anywhere is theoretically voluntary. What an HOA does is restrict a person's property rights even though the HOA does not actually own that property.

Just Passin' By
05-29-2009, 11:25 AM
Not true at all.

I'm sorry. I thought this was the United States of America. My mistake.

PhillyChiefFan
05-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Building a big rig garage on a property, or painting a house lime green with a pink door is
one thing, but bumper stickers are quite another. The latter will not have a negative
impact on the value of the houses around you.

Donger
05-29-2009, 11:29 AM
What an HOA does is restrict a person's property rights even though the HOA does not actually own that property.

That's correct, they do. And if a person does not want to follow the rules, they do not have to move into such a neighborhood.

Donger
05-29-2009, 11:32 AM
About five months ago, he adorned the rear window of his black Chevy HHR with several decals, the largest of which is the eagle, globe and anchor, the official emblem of the U.S. Marine Corps.

There's also a diamond-shaped 1st Marine Aircraft Wing insignia and two other small window decals.

He's also got one sticker on his bumper that reads: "OORAH! It's a Marine Thing."

Demonpenz
05-29-2009, 11:33 AM
Building a big rig garage on a property, or painting a house lime green with a pink door is
one thing, but bumper stickers are quite another. The latter will not have a negative
impact on the value of the houses around you.

you ever wonder why there is all that raiders schwag in the ghetto?

Just Passin' By
05-29-2009, 11:34 AM
That's correct, they do. And if a person does not want to follow the rules, they do not have to move into such a neighborhood.

Again, that's a false argument.

Lzen
05-29-2009, 11:34 AM
HOA's do not suck. They keep trashy people out of good communities. Nothing worse than to have 10 people on the same street take care of thier property than right in the middle you have some trashy human that leave crap in the yard, don't cut the grass and so on.

Ok, fine. HOA's that get control freaky suck. I still would never live in an HOA community.

Donger
05-29-2009, 11:35 AM

No, it really isn't.

epitome1170
05-29-2009, 11:37 AM

How? You know when you are moving whether it is an HOA or not. At least you should, all you have to do is ask. And actually it is usually listed on the sales sheet.

Just Passin' By
05-29-2009, 11:40 AM
No, it really isn't.

Yes, it really is. You have a right not to move next to a 'trashy neighbor'. Exercising that right does not impact the property rights of others. If a 'trashy neighbor' moves into your area, you have a right to move away. Again, that does not impact the property rights of others.

What "they don't have to move here" sets up is nothing but a loop. It's an attempt to make the argument impenetrable by never actually getting to the argument. It is, however, a hypocritical argument, since the people who want those nice lawns can move just as easily as the people who really don't care as much about the height of their grass.

Demonpenz
05-29-2009, 11:41 AM
if I ever made enough money I would want to protect my investment with an HOA, but i don't and probably won't so it's paspt time for Ray Ray

Just Passin' By
05-29-2009, 11:42 AM
How? You know when you are moving whether it is an HOA or not. At least you should, all you have to do is ask. And actually it is usually listed on the sales sheet.

You do know that you can move into an area and have that area subsequently form a HOA whether you like it or not, right?

Skip Towne
05-29-2009, 11:43 AM
I ran into several of those little tin gods while doing Directv. One of them told me they prohibited satellite dishes. I started carrying copies of the Federal Communications Act of 1996. I'd be nice and polite and hand them a copy and say "I think you need to read this" and keep right on working. I don't miss those dicks at all.

Buzz
05-29-2009, 11:44 AM
if I ever made enough money I would want to protect my investment with an HOA, but i don't and probably won't so it's paspt time for Ray Ray

You bring the beer the party is in my garage.

Donger
05-29-2009, 11:45 AM
Yes, it really is. You have a right not to move next to a 'trashy neighbor'. Exercising that right does not impact the property rights of others. If a 'trashy neighbor' moves into your area, you have a right to move away. Again, that does not impact the property rights of others.

What "they don't have to move here" sets up is nothing but a loop. It's an attempt to make the argument impenetrable by never actually getting to the argument. It is, however, a hypocritical argument, since the people who want those nice lawns can move just as easily as the people who really don't care as much about the height of their grass.

And in a HOA-controlled neighborhood, I have a right not to have a trashy neighbor. I understand you don't like them, but you said that you see hypocrisy. I don't and you haven't made a case that there is.

HOAs exist to prevent scumbags from ruining a neighborhood, period. I see anyone pretending that isn't the case, or stating that they are "do whatever you like" type places. They aren't.

So, again, where is the hypocrisy?

Donger
05-29-2009, 11:46 AM

HOAs prevent that from being necessary. You do see that, right? This isn't rocket science.

Donger
05-29-2009, 11:47 AM
I ran into several of those little tin gods while doing Directv. One of them told me they prohibited satellite dishes. I started carrying copies of the Federal Communications Act of 1996. I'd be nice and polite and hand them a copy and say "I think you need to read this" and keep right on working. I don't miss those dicks at all.

Heh. I pulled that one out with mine, too. Actually got an addendum applied to the covenants.

Baby Lee
05-29-2009, 11:48 AM
You bring the beer the party is in my garage.

Warning, he'll be bringing papst, which if you thought pabst was skunky. . .

Donger
05-29-2009, 11:49 AM
You do know that you can move into an area and have that area subsequently form a HOA whether you like it or not, right?

In that case, I would imagine that a vote would be had in order to form the HOA. If you lost, too bad. Comply or move.

Just Passin' By
05-29-2009, 11:49 AM
And in a HOA-controlled neighborhood, I have a right not to have a trashy neighbor. I understand you don't like them, but you said that you see hypocrisy. I don't and you haven't made a case that there is.

HOAs exist to prevent scumbags from ruining a neighborhood, period. I see anyone pretending that isn't the case, or stating that they are "do whatever you like" type places. They aren't.

So, again, where is the hypocrisy?

Of course I made the point. You didn't like it. That doesn't make the point invalid, it just makes it distasteful to you.

Just Passin' By
05-29-2009, 11:50 AM
In that case, I would imagine that a vote would be had in order to form the HOA. If you lost, too bad. Comply or move.

Thanks for proving my point.

Donger
05-29-2009, 11:51 AM
Thanks for proving my point.

It seems that your point is that HOAs are icky and you don't like them. That they discriminate against trashy people who don't maintain their homes.

Is that right?

Baby Lee
05-29-2009, 11:52 AM
Of course I made the point. You didn't like it. That doesn't make the point invalid, it just makes it distasteful to you.

It's only hypocrisy in a world where dragging everyone else's property values down with trash and clutter is equivalent to being a responsible propery owner, which is pretty much a 1 mm halo around you.

Mojo Jojo
05-29-2009, 11:53 AM

You just don't understand this do you? If I buy a house for 200K, and then a trashy neighbor moves in and now my house can only be sold for 150K that person has had an effect on my property. I could choose to move, but at a 50K loss I don't think so. Therefore it does effect my property rights. I lived in a neighborhood where we just paid the trashy neighbor fair market value for the home and told them to get the F out. We fixed it up and sold it to a better neighbor.

Saulbadguy
05-29-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm sorry. I thought this was the United States of America. My mistake.

Just saying, just because it is your property does not give you the right to do anything you want with it, HOA or not.

PhillyChiefFan
05-29-2009, 11:55 AM
It protects the value of a hard earned investment of the people who are/want to abide by the HOA.

That is a big reason for it, so that house value doesn't fall apart for the neighborhood.

I'd be pissed if I bought a house for 350,000 and because some dickweed figures he'll raise some hell it goes to 325,000

PhillyChiefFan
05-29-2009, 11:56 AM
You just don't understand this do you? If I buy a house for 200K, and then a trashy neighbor moves in and now my house can only be sold for 150K that person has had an effect on my property. I could choose to move, but at a 50K loss I don't think so. Therefore it does effect my property rights. I lived in a neighborhood where we just paid the trashy neighbor fair market value for the home and told them to get the F out. We fixed it up and sold it to a better neighbor.

beat me too it. Exactly :clap:

Just Passin' By
05-29-2009, 11:56 AM
It seems that your point is that HOAs are icky and you don't like them. That they discriminate against trashy people who don't maintain their homes.

Is that right?

Ahhh... now the inevitable "Yes, I lost, so I'll change the argument" comes from you.

I don't care what people do with their property. It's their property. As long as it's not violative of constitutional laws set down by the actual government of the local/state/federal government, it's neither my business nor yours how they treat that property. I'm free to move if I don't like my neighbors, after all. Or, I could just not have moved their to begin with.

Aren't those (don't move there. If you're already there, move away) the very same things you're saying the 'trashy' people could do?

Just Passin' By
05-29-2009, 11:57 AM
Just saying, just because it is your property does not give you the right to do anything you want with it, HOA or not.

Actually, it pretty much does. Or, rather, it's supposed to. That's a part of what the United States is supposed to be about.

Skip Towne
05-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Warning, he'll be bringing papst, which if you thought pabst was skunky. . .

I can put up with the Pabst as long as he doesn't bring Snugga.

Saulbadguy
05-29-2009, 11:59 AM
Actually, it pretty much does. Or, rather, it's supposed to. That's a part of what the United States is supposed to be about.

I think i'd get in trouble if I attempted to raise livestock on my property. What do you think?

Mojo Jojo
05-29-2009, 12:00 PM

No it doesn't. There are all sorts of laws for maintenance and up keep. As well as zoning laws. Owning land is far from being able to do whatever you want with it.

Donger
Ahhh... now the inevitable "Yes, I lost, so I'll change the argument" comes from you.

I don't care what people do with their property. It's their property. As long as it's not violative of constitutional laws set down by the actual government of the local/state/federal government, it's neither my business nor yours how they treat that property. I'm free to move if I don't like my neighbors, after all. Or, I could just not have moved their to begin with.

Aren't those (don't move there. If you're already there, move away) the very same things you're saying the 'trashy' people could do?

Lost? The only thing I'm lost about is your point.

Again, moving into a HOA-controlled community is a choice. If you don't like HOAs, don't move into such a community.

sedated

Is that right?

Having marine bumper stickers is the same as not maintaining your home?

Having a satellite dish is not maintaining your home?

Not buying a luxury car is not maintaining your home?

Like any governing body, HOAs aren't necessarily bad, until they turn into an elitist lynch-mob.

Donger
05-29-2009, 12:01 PM

WTF?

Micjones
05-29-2009, 12:01 PM

You rang?

Yeah, you know me...
I only speak out to avail the world of any threats (foreign or domestic) to the African American community...

Like that time when I spoke out for respecting the personal tragedy of a VERY White Kaitlyn Lassiter. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=164871)

Or like the time when I spoke out for justice for the VERY White Pastor Steven Anderson who was brutalized by Border Patrol agents. (http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5765873#post5765873)

Or the time where I defended (VERY White) Carrie Prejean's First Amendment right to speak on same-sex marriage. (http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5693040#post5693040)

Or like the time when I spoke out in favor of a stay of execution for a VERY White Dennis Skillicorn. (http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4897479#post4897479)

Or what about the time when I defended the VERY White Rosie O'Donnell's First Amendment right to oppose the war in Iraq? (http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3996415#post39964152)

Or I suppose you could talk about how often I agree with the VERY Black Jason Whitlock. I mean...Anybody at ChiefsPlanet with two wits about them knows how often I agree with him.
:rolleyes:

You do a GREAT job of substantiating these claims that I'm somehow only beholden to what is right as it relates to African American people.
ROFL

Tell you what, troll...
I've got plenty of women perfectly willing to suck me off.
What say we let one of them relieve you of your duties and you hop down from my shaft? Deal?

Learn to add something intelligent to the general discourse.
Sorry... In terms you'll understand: "have a take and don't suck".
That will go much further to earning you that ever-elusive respectability that you covet than these ad hominem fallacies you're so comfortable tossing around.

*Ahem*

"ChiefsPlanet...Meet Owned."
G'head Fra... Don't be shy...
:D

Donger
05-29-2009, 12:03 PM
Having marine bumper stickers is the same as not maintaining your home?

Having a satellite dish is not maintaining your home?

Not buying a luxury car is not maintaining your home?

Like any governing body, HOAs aren't necessarily bad, until they turn into an elitist lynch-mob.

Indeed. The HOA certainly seems to have gone overboard with this. However, my HOA forbids any and all commercial vehicles. For instance, we had a contractor move into ours a few years ago, and he had his company logo and contact information on the doors of his truck. He was forced to cover them with a big magnet when he came home.

Bweb
05-29-2009, 12:04 PM
You can have my bumper stickers when you pry them from my cold dead fingers...umm..van!!!

Just Passin' By
05-29-2009, 12:05 PM

If a 'trashy neighbor' likes working on cars in his yard, and you come in, form a HOA and force him to stop, how it that any better?

The irony here is that 'trashy neighbor' is being used as if it's true. It's not. Feel free to go look at some of those 'trashy neighbors'. I'm pretty sure that things like wanting to put a flagpole up in your yard are outside the generally accepted definition of 'trashy'. Of course, those who defend these little Hitlers just ignore the slippery slopes because they don't give a damn about anyone's rights but their own.

It's too bad that George Andres' situation didn't wake you people up.

Baby Lee
05-29-2009, 12:05 PM
Lost? The only thing I'm lost about is your point.

Again, moving into a HOA-controlled community is a choice. If you don't like HOAs, don't move into such a community.

Unless and until JPB's argument comes from something other than 'an army of one' maybe we just let him rant in an echo chamber. I think it's pretty clear his take is not going to rule the day.

Donger
05-29-2009, 12:07 PM
If a 'trashy neighbor' likes working on cars in his yard, and you come in, form a HOA and force him to stop, how it that any better?

The irony here is that 'trashy neighbor' is being used as if it's true. It's not. Feel free to go look at some of those 'trashy neighbors'. I'm pretty sure that things like wanting to put a flagpole up in your yard are outside the generally accepted definition of 'trashy'. Of course, those who defend these little Hitlers just ignore the slippery slopes because they don't give a damn about anyone's rights but their own.

Oh, now I get it: you're crazy.

Just Passin' By
05-29-2009, 12:09 PM
Oh, now I get it: you're crazy.

Really?

In 1999, Jupiter resident George Andres had a problem displaying his flag in his front yard. The homeowners association had a bylaw prohibiting the display of a flagpole in the front lawn. Andres' protested by displaying the flag anyway, while the Indian Creek homeowners association went as far as foreclosing his home to cover legal fees after being in court at least twenty-eight times. Even after Governor Jeb Bush visited his home along with members of the local and national media, the homeowners association refused to budge. Andres said, "Well, first they said that it was going to cost more to cut the grass around the pole, which is kind of funny. And then they told me that the flagpole was going to take away from the value of the property. And I said, well, then we should be able to take away all the trees around here, because they're the same as the pole. And my pole is a portable pole. And the state government says I can do it."

George Andres won and was allowed to display his flag in his front lawn with the use of a flagpole.

During the last week of July 2006, President George Bush signed the Freedom to Display the American Flag Act of 2005, allowing residents to display the flag on their residential property despite any homeowners association rules.[20]

It's not as if his was the only incident.

Skip Towne
05-29-2009, 12:09 PM

You mean I can't put a hog farm downtown?

Saulbadguy
05-29-2009, 12:10 PM
The irony here is that 'trashy neighbor' is being used as if it's true. It's not. Feel free to go look at some of those 'trashy neighbors'. I'm pretty sure that things like wanting to put a flagpole up in your yard are outside the generally accepted definition of 'trashy'.

They generally go together, yes.

Donger
05-29-2009, 12:10 PM
Really?

It's not as if his was the only incident.

That "slippery slope" got a little less slippery, didn't it? I guess the HOAs really aren't going to take over the country after all...

Buzz
05-29-2009, 12:12 PM
I can put up with the Pabst as long as he doesn't bring Snugga.

just a bunch of garage / beer snobs around here.

Mojo Jojo
05-29-2009, 12:13 PM

Welcome to the USA...those with the most votes make the rules. If you read my earlier posts you would know that we the commoners took back our HOA from the little prick who ran it. We made changes to the rules, but we also enforce the common sense ones that directly effect property value. HOA rules are changed all the time...it's called democracy. If you don't like the new rules than you should move.
By the way once you bring up either "Hilter" or "Nazi" it means you have no argument. It is always the last grasp of the desperate.

PunkinDrublic
05-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Yeah, cause Fox News is the only one that could ever be guilty of political bias. :rolleyes:

http://fundrace.huffingtonpost.com/neighbors.php/neighbors.php?type=name&lname=Hardy&fname=Darenda+A

WTF does Huffington post have to do with this? I'm saying I take this story with a grain of salt because I don't regard fox news as a legitimate news organization. What's wrong with being skeptical rather than a reactionary?

Groves
05-29-2009, 12:21 PM
probably hanging out in a pool in his garage drinking beer

FYP

Lzen
05-29-2009, 12:23 PM
WTF does Huffington post have to do with this? I'm saying I take this story with a grain of salt because I don't regard fox news as a legitimate news organization. What's wrong with being skeptical rather than a reactionary?

Just showing that there are 2 sides to the idea that someone could be biased here. The HOA pres. contributed to the DNC. You do the math.

Frazod
05-29-2009, 12:23 PM
You rang?

Yeah, you know me...
I only speak out to avail the world of any threats (foreign or domestic) to the African American community...

Like that time when I spoke out for respecting the personal tragedy of a VERY White Kaitlyn Lassiter. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=164871)

Or like the time when I spoke out for justice for the VERY White Pastor Steven Anderson who was brutalized by Border Patrol agents. (http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5765873#post5765873)

Or the time where I defended (VERY White) Carrie Prejean's First Amendment right to speak on same-sex marriage. (http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5693040#post5693040)

Or like the time when I spoke out in favor of a stay of execution for a VERY White Dennis Skillicorn. (http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4897479#post4897479)

Or what about the time when I defended the VERY White Rosie O'Donnell's First Amendment right to oppose the war in Iraq? (http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3996415#post39964152)

Or I suppose you could talk about how often I agree with the VERY Black Jason Whitlock. I mean...Anybody at ChiefsPlanet with two wits about them knows how often I agree with him.

You do a GREAT job of substantiating these claims that I'm somehow only beholden to what is right as it relates to African American people.
ROFL

Tell you what, troll...
I've got plenty of women perfectly willing to suck me off.
What say we let one of them relieve you of your duties and you hop down from my shaft? Deal?

Learn to add something intelligent to the general discourse.
Sorry... In terms you'll understand: "have a take and don't suck".
That will go much further to earning you that ever-elusive respectability that you covet than these ad hominem fallacies you're so comfortable tossing around.

*Ahem*

"ChiefsPlanet...Meet Owned."
G'head Fra... Don't be shy...

Wow. Did you jerk off to this post when you finished? I guess this explains why you weren't around earlier today. It must have taken you quite a while to drum up that laundry list of shit nobody but you cares about.

Run along now, little black vailpass. I'm sure there are some evil white people out there doing things that require your immediate attention. LMAO

And isn't "owned" racist?

Ultra Peanut
05-29-2009, 12:24 PM
BOBBIE DOOLEY!

I loved this bit! It turns out she's been hanging her soiled underpants outside on a tree to lure back her lost dog!

Just Passin' By
05-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Welcome to the USA...those with the most votes make the rules. If you read my earlier posts you would know that we the commoners took back our HOA from the little prick who ran it. We made changes to the rules, but we also enforce the common sense ones that directly effect property value. HOA rules are changed all the time...it's called democracy. If you don't like the new rules than you should move.
By the way once you bring up either "Hilter" or "Nazi" it means you have no argument. It is always the last grasp of the desperate.

1.) America is not built as a Democracy. It's a representative republic. Furthermore, that has nothing to do with my point about the hypocrisy involved here. In theory, in a Democracy, we could just vote to take away all your property and sell you into slavery. We just need to get the most votes. Our country was set up to avoid Democracy, actually.

2.) I'm not desperate in my argument at all. "Hitler" is often used as a means of connoting an overbearing tyrant. I personally find the description apt in these instances, and I've known quite a few members of HOA 'boards'.

3.) You shouldn't have to take any HOA back, because it shouldn't have been there in the first place. If you want to keep your lawn groomed, keep it groomed. If you like a longer grass length, let it grow. It's your property. Conversely, your neighbors' property is your neighbors' property.

Saulbadguy
05-29-2009, 12:28 PM
Just showing that there are 2 sides to the idea that someone could be biased here. The HOA pres. contributed to the DNC. You do the math.

What does being a democrat or a republican have anything to do with it?

PunkinDrublic
05-29-2009, 12:37 PM

Right but somehow I doubt if the HOA pres were a repub fox news would report the story. I'm skeptical of anything they put out.

Micjones
05-29-2009, 12:38 PM
Wow. Did you jerk off to this post when you finished? I guess this explains why you weren't around earlier today. It must have taken you quite a while to drum up that laundry list of shit nobody but you cares about.

Actually it only took me roughly 12 minutes.
While I was having a separate conversation and watching television.
ROFL

I hated punching holes in that fragile ass point you were trying so desperately to make, but hell I had a few ticks to kill. Why not? I'm off today.

Run along now, little black vailpass. I'm sure there are some evil white people out there doing things that require your immediate attention. LMAO

That's cute. Unfortunately all that matters is what you can prove.
And we've all seen how you did a bang-up job at that.
Keep my name off your keyboard dipshit. I wasn't even a part of this discussion prior to now.
In my world...we call posters like you trolls.
And, sir, you wear it well. That rouched 8/10 blouse I mean.

And isn't "owned" racist?

Not in this sense.
See slaveowners wanted the best stock available.
You're with stupid so you would've been passed over on the auction block.

Ultra Peanut
05-29-2009, 12:39 PM
What does being a democrat or a republican have anything to do with it?LIEBRULLS HATE AMURRKA

blaise
05-29-2009, 12:43 PM
There's nothing wrong with the concept of an HOA, unless you don't like protecting the value of your investment.
Which would be stupid.
This case is dumb, but HOA's aren't.

Mojo Jojo
05-29-2009, 12:45 PM
1.) America is not built as a Democracy. It's a representative republic. Furthermore, that has nothing to do with my point about the hypocrisy involved here. In theory, in a Democracy, we could just vote to take away all your property and sell you into slavery. We just need to get the most votes. Our country was set up to avoid Democracy, actually.

2.) I'm not desperate in my argument at all. "Hitler" is often used as a means of connoting an overbearing tyrant. I personally find the description apt in these instances, and I've known quite a few members of HOA 'boards'.

3.) You shouldn't have to take any HOA back, because it shouldn't have been there in the first place. If you want to keep your lawn groomed, keep it groomed. If you like a longer grass length, let it grow. It's your property. Conversely, your neighbors' property is your neighbors' property.

1. Yes you could make that vote, and you could take my property. It happens ALL THE TIME. It is call "Imminent Domain." We as voters vote for improvements all the time, and as a course of that action people lose land.

2. I too have known too many HOA Board members, and if you would have read my earlier post they usually are overbearing people with short dicks. However these people are elected by the property owners. If you didn't vote...don't complain. If you want a change than run for office.

3. See #2. I was at fault. I didn't go to meetings, I didn't vote then one day I realized what was going on was wrong. I started going to meetings, and meetings that at one time average 10 to 20 people jumped to 100 people. We didn't pay attention and we got what we deserved. Since then we have corrected that mistake. It is just the same as any elected offices. If you don't like something get out and get involved. THe problem here is you are too lazy to get out. If the "trashy" people want to make/change rules, than do it.

I don't know where you live, but in Kansas, an Ag State, there are all sorts of laws that allow people to make adjustments to others property. It is for the greater good of all property and greater income.

PunkinDrublic
05-29-2009, 12:48 PM
LIEBRULLS HATE AMURRKA

Exactly. It wouldn't suprise me to find out Fox didn't even try to contact the HOA president for his/her side and just decided to run with the story witout having all the facts. I think they're trying to stir up outrage with a Democrats hate the troops story to get a reaction.

Frazod
05-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Actually it only took me roughly 12 minutes.
While I was having a separate conversation and watching television.
ROFL

I hated punching holes in that fragile ass point you were trying so desperately to make, but hell I had a few ticks to kill. Why not? I'm off today.

That's cute. Unfortunately all that matters is what you can prove.
And we've all seen how you did a bang-up job at that.
Keep my name off your keyboard dipshit. I wasn't even a part of this discussion prior to now.
In my world...we call posters like you trolls.
And, sir, you wear it well. That rouched 8/10 blouse I mean.

Not in this sense.
See slaveowners wanted the best stock available.
You're with stupid so you would've been passed over on the auction block.

LMAO

I always love it when idiots like you endlessly do you point-by-point replies to even the shortest of posts and then act try to act like what was said didn't matter to them. Hey, I'm sorry you resent me living in your pointy little head, but after all you are the one who invited me in.

As for what I type on my keyboard, I'll tell you what, you cocksucking bigoted tool - I'll type what I damn well please about whatever I damn well please, and if you don't like it, well, I guess you can either crawl back under your fucking rock or put me on ignore. K?

Donger
05-29-2009, 12:50 PM
Exactly. It wouldn't suprise me to find out Fox didn't even try to contact the HOA president for his/her side and just decided to run with the story witout having all the facts. I think they're trying to stir up outrage with a Democrats hate the troops story to get a reaction.

Yes, that's it: "The board president was out of town and unavailable. The condo management company did not want to comment."

PunkinDrublic
05-29-2009, 12:52 PM
Yes, that's it: "The board president was out of town and unavailable. The condo management company did not want to comment."

Sorry if I don't get outraged just because fox news tells me to. A little skepticism never hurt anyone.

Donger
05-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Sorry if I don't get outraged just because fox news tells me to. A little skepticism never hurt anyone.

"What's wrong with being skeptical rather than a reactionary?"

Why not be both at the same time, eh?

Micjones
05-29-2009, 12:55 PM
I always love it when idiots like you endlessly do you point-by-point replies to even the shortest of posts and then act try to act like what was said didn't matter to them.

I'm sure the fact that other people are detailed and analytical often leaves you in a cloud of confusion. Intelligence is the gift and the curse. Good thing you don't stand in any danger of ever having such experiences.

Hey, I'm sorry you resent me living in your pointy little head, but after all you are the one who invited me in.

This from the guy who brought my name into a thread I hadn't previously bothered to read through let alone post in?

Yeah, you live in MY head.
ROFL

As for what I type on my keyboard, I'll tell you what, you cocksucking bigoted tool - I'll type what I damn well please about whatever I damn well please, and if you don't like it, well, I guess you can either crawl back under your fucking rock or put me on ignore. K?

If you want more opportunity for me to embarrass you out in the open...
Knock yourself out. I'll oblige you. Gladly.

A word of advice though... If you spend as much time doing research and putting forethought into your commentary as you do trolling around the forum and lobbing lame ass accusations and insults at me... You just might stumble into having something substantial to say. Just a thought.

blaise
05-29-2009, 12:55 PM

FOX news hates AMURRKA.

Frazod
05-29-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm sure the fact that other people are detailed and analytical often leaves you in a cloud of confusion. Intelligence is the gift and the curse. Good thing you don't stand in any danger of ever having such experiences.

This from the guy who brought my name into a thread I hadn't previously bothered to read through let alone post in?

Yeah, you live in MY head.
ROFL

If you want more opportunity for me to embarrass you out in the open...
Knock yourself out. I'll oblige you. Gladly.

A word of advice though... If you spend as much time doing research and putting forethought into your commentary as you do trolling around the forum and lobbing lame ass accusations and insults at me... You just might stumble into having something substantial to say. Just a thought.

LMAO

This is too easy.

Micjones
05-29-2009, 01:05 PM
LMAO

This is too easy.

Really it is.
If by easy you mean... Making a fool out of you.
The point you worked so diligently to make didn't hold water.
That's apparent now.

At some point you'd think you'd just gracefully bow out and find another lame trick.

But, I expect too much of you. To think you could rely on your wits.
My bad.

So carry on sir.

Frazod
05-29-2009, 01:13 PM
Really it is.
If by easy you mean... Making a fool out of you.
The point you worked so diligently to make didn't hold water.
That's apparent now.

At some point you'd think you'd just gracefully bow out and find another lame trick.

But, I expect too much of you. To think you could rely on your wits.
My bad.

You've done nothing but make a complete fool of yourself on this thread. You got all butthurt over a harmless little joke and then furiously started flailing away. News flash, dumbass - the people who've been here a long time are well aware of your schtick, and a handful of carefully selected random posts don't stand up against a mountain of your thinly-veiled racist drivel. Perhaps you're trying to convince yourself, but I doubt it - you know damn well what you are. Playing the wounded victim is just part of your tired act.

And if you think because I don't take the time to respond point to point to your bullshit it means you've scored some great victory - well, I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but it just means I'm at work and I've got better things to do. Frankly, you don't matter any more in cyberspace than you do in real life.

But by all means, continue to heap accolades upon yourself - they certainly won't come from any other source.

Dartgod
05-29-2009, 01:16 PM
So do city codes.

City code from the community I live in:

· Weeds, grass, brush, and other rank vegetation may not attain a height greater than eight (8) inches.
· Tree limbs, dirt, rocks, etc. are not allowed to remain piled on property.
· Inoperable & unlicensed vehicles are not allowed to be stored outside an enclosed building.
· Vehicles must be parked on paved surfaces only.
· Tires and other car parts must be stored in an enclosed building.
· Piling and accumulating junk, trash, and debris is not permitted.
· The removal of trash and garbage from residential areas is required at least once a week.
· House numbers are required for your police and fire protection.
· The exterior of houses and outbuildings shall be kept in a good state of repair and uniformly painted.
· All swimming pools holding 24 inches of water or more shall be fenced with a (4) foot fence.
· Garage sale signs may not be placed on a public right-of-way. Signs are not allowed to be placed on utility poles, etc.

Just Passin' By
05-29-2009, 01:22 PM
1. Yes you could make that vote, and you could take my property. It happens ALL THE TIME. It is call "Imminent Domain." We as voters vote for improvements all the time, and as a course of that action people lose land.

It's called "Eminent Domain", and it doesn't apply. "Eminent domain" is an interesting Constitutional area, though, so thanks for bringing it to my mind. I didn't bring up the 'democracy' canard, you did, but Eminent Domain is based upon government takings for public use. It's not based upon takings as a punishment. In fact, even diluting "public use" (see Kelo) caused an uproar that led to changes in how many states approach this area of law, and brought about amendments to a state constitution, a Federal executive order and other state laws restricting similar actions.

2. I too have known too many HOA Board members, and if you would have read my earlier post they usually are overbearing people with short dicks. However these people are elected by the property owners. If you didn't vote...don't complain. If you want a change than run for office.

Why should I have to? HOAs shouldn't even exist. Why empower people to act against our property in ways we don't even want the government to do?

3. See #2. I was at fault. I didn't go to meetings, I didn't vote then one day I realized what was going on was wrong. I started going to meetings, and meetings that at one time average 10 to 20 people jumped to 100 people. We didn't pay attention and we got what we deserved. Since then we have corrected that mistake. It is just the same as any elected offices. If you don't like something get out and get involved. THe problem here is you are too lazy to get out. If the "trashy" people want to make/change rules, than do it.

Why should anyone have to fight their neighbors if they want a flagpole in their yard, or if they want to keep their grass at 8 inches instead of 4, or if they want to park their truck in their driveway? It's their yard. "Trashy people" is just a way of trying to frame the argument so that they can ignore the reality of who's getting hosed.

I don't live in an HOA. I know far too much about them to ever live in one, and I'd take any attempt to place my home inside of one to every court in the nation before I'd put up with that crap.

Just Passin' By
05-29-2009, 01:22 PM
So do city codes.

Exactly

TrebMaxx
05-29-2009, 01:25 PM
I bet the old guy would win if he took the HOA to court over this. If he is currently a active Marine recruiter the HOA might have a point but IMHO a slim point. Hopefully the majority of neighborhood will be able to talk some sense into the HOA President and or any of the board members that are pursuing this.

blaise
05-29-2009, 01:25 PM
So do city codes.

I can't speak for Dallas, where this story took place, but I lived in Houston and had a house and from what I understood there's almost no zoning laws or city codes regarding what you can do with your property. So down there you almost had to have a HOA.

KC native
05-29-2009, 01:27 PM
I can't speak for Dallas, where this story took place, but I lived in Houston and had a house and from what I understood there's almost no zoning laws or city codes regarding what you can do with your property. So down there you almost had to have a HOA.

Dallas has pretty good zoning. Houston is a free for all.

Dallas Chief
05-29-2009, 01:32 PM

Dude. If this was you and they were trying to fine you for having Nine Inch Nails stickers and your Jack in the Box Antenna Balls on your Hyundai- watch out!!! you'd be calling for The Govenor's job...

And so what if it is only Fox and they are trying to drum up outrage. Shouldn't we all be outraged? Why aren't more news channels drumming up outrage, as you put it? Are you outraged? I sure as hell am!

Micjones
05-29-2009, 01:39 PM
You've done nothing but make a complete fool of yourself on this thread. You got all butthurt over a harmless little joke and then furiously started flailing away.

So, let me get this straight...
I'm a regular here at ChiefsPlanet, but I was somehow motivated to kick my post count into high gear because of something you said on a message board? Something that was obviously baseless and unfounded?

That's about as realistic as the idea that you were joking.
But nice save a half-dozen posts after you first made that statement.
I guess if you can't substantiate the claim that I'm somehow only interested in that which is important to the African American community (something you first said yesterday)...you pretend you were joking.
ROFL

Clown.

News flash, dumbass - the people who've been here a long time are well aware of your schtick, and a handful of carefully selected random posts don't stand up against a mountain of your thinly-veiled racist drivel.

Because certainly the examples I provided are the ONLY examples available.
I'm selectively racist. Some days I feel like a Black...sometimes I don't. On the right day, I tear myself away from the shackles of prejudice and race bias long enough to find me a White person to defend. Can't be that maybe what you're saying...is well...stupid and inconsistent with the truth.[/sarcasm]

Perhaps you're trying to convince yourself, but I doubt it - you know damn well what you are. Playing the wounded victim is just part of your tired act.

Again, the canon of my commentary speaks for itself.
I just thought it'd be nice to pull the rug out from under you (with a half-dozen examples that violently contradict your claim) since you went trolling this afternoon and picked a fight you were never going to win.

And if you think because I don't take the time to respond point to point to your bullshit it means you've scored some great victory - well, I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but it just means I'm at work and I've got better things to do. Frankly, you don't matter any more in cyberspace than you do in real life.

As evidenced by my ability to consistently speak with acuity on the issues bandied within the 4 virtual walls of ChiefsPlanet. Again...Even those who NEVER agree with me, here on this forum, would ever claim that I'm not intelligent.

And yeah...
You're so busy at work you've found the time to make just shy of a dozen posts since 10am this morning.

But by all means, continue to heap accolades upon yourself - they certainly won't come from any other source.

Because God knows that winning an argument with you is an accolade to be proud of.
ROFL

Dartgod
05-29-2009, 01:45 PM
Dallas has pretty good zoning. Houston is a free for all.
Really?

Overgrown weeds, shrubs, grass and vegetation are fire and safety hazards. The Property owner/occupant is responsible for the property, which includes the right-of-way abutting the property.
Grass and weeds
Grass and weeds must be maintained at nine (9) inches or less.
Fines:

1st Offense: $50-$1,000
2nd Offense: $100-$1500
3rd Offense: $200-$2,000
Remove any weeds in excess of 9”. Remove any trash or rubbish accumulating on the property before cutting weeds.

http://www.houstontx.gov/police/npc/npc_nuisances.htm

PunkinDrublic
05-29-2009, 01:46 PM
Dude. If this was you and they were trying to fine you for having Nine Inch Nails stickers and your Jack in the Box Antenna Balls on your Hyundai- watch out!!! you'd be calling for The Govenor's job...

And so what if it is only Fox and they are trying to drum up outrage. Shouldn't we all be outraged? Why aren't more news channels drumming up outrage, as you put it? Are you outraged? I sure as hell am!

As I said I take any story fox news puts out with a grain of salt because they are not a legitimate news organization IMO. This doesn't mean I agree with someone being discriminated against for having a vet bumper sticker.

KC native
05-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Really?

That's codes. There are no strong zoning laws so you will see adult bookstores and strip clubs close to churches and residential neighborhoods which are right next to industrial districts. It's an odd place from a Real Esate perspective but an awesome city overall.

Deberg_1990
05-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Frazod and MicJones goin at it like a couple of stud prizefighters!

Dartgod
05-29-2009, 01:51 PM
That's codes. There are no strong zoning laws so you will see adult bookstores and strip clubs close to churches and residential neighborhoods which are right next to industrial districts. It's an odd place from a Real Esate perspective but an awesome city overall.
Gotcha.

Frazod
05-29-2009, 01:55 PM

He's fighting himself - I'm just pointing and laughing. His righteous indignation has nearly reached critical mass!

Micjones
05-29-2009, 01:56 PM

Ha...

Yeah, it's kind of like Pacquiao v. Hatton.
And since I hate White guys... Guess who Manny is?
ROFL

Micjones
05-29-2009, 01:58 PM
He's fighting himself - I'm just pointing and laughing. His righteous indignation has nearly reached critical mass!

Righteous indignation?
Are you kidding? I just posted in another thread about Rap music.

I'm not studying you sir. The fight's long been over.

Frazod
05-29-2009, 01:58 PM
Ha...

Yeah, it's kind of like Pacquiao v. Hatton.
And since I hate White guys... Guess who Manny is?
ROFL

I'm sorry I've caused you to waste so much of your day off, Mic. Just think of all the white women you could have nailed.

Micjones
05-29-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm sorry I've caused you to waste so much of your day off, Mic. Just think of all the white women you could have nailed.

I'm never inconvenienced by an opportunity to introduce my opponents to the virtual canvas of ChiefsPlanet. It's my duty...my calling.

Besides. The day's still young.
And there is still time.

Dallas Chief
05-29-2009, 02:01 PM

How about just using regular old fashioned common sense? Here's is another "news" source for you. Oh and I believe the news link in the OP was from a local Houston Fox affiliate using a Dallas Fox affiliate news report, not the Fox News Channel. I would say there is a huge distinction between the two.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/DN-ragland_27met.ART.State.Edition1.50fc6cf.html

Frazod
05-29-2009, 02:05 PM
I'm never inconvenienced by an opportunity to introduce my opponents to the virtual canvas of ChiefsPlanet. It's my duty...my calling.

Besides. The day's still young.
And there is still time.

ROFL

Likewise, I could pat myself on the back for expertly pulling your strings all day, but frankly, it wasn't really all that difficult.

Micjones
05-29-2009, 02:08 PM
ROFL

Likewise, I could pat myself on the back for expertly pulling your strings all day, but frankly, it wasn't really all that difficult.

You'd like to take credit for me ruining the ounce of credibility you had left around here?

Well, I suppose to the loser go the...scraps.

Nobody pulls my strings around here pal, but I'm always up for a good (if this can be called that) fight.

Dave Lane
05-29-2009, 02:10 PM
I laugh at this tiny amount of crap from a HOA. I've been locked in combat with mine for 4 months trying to get a room addition approved.

Valiant
05-29-2009, 02:20 PM

Guess the HOA should have gotten after him the first month he moved in.. NOT 8 years later.. I am sure there is same statue of limitations.. That and the negative PR will force them to shut their mouth.. And if majority of the neighbors agree they can abolish the stupid rules..

We live in a stupid HOA, except for the fact most people in the neighborhood do not know we have one.. Well let me rephrase that..

Some dumbshits think they are the leaders of a HOA that we pay no money into and think they can tell other homeowners what to do.. Basically our part of the block is the fun area.. Drinking, parties, sitting in your driveway..

It is funny also.. The people that ignore the rules park in their driveways unless they are full.. The uppity bastards who think they are the bosses park ALL their vehicles in the street with empty drives way for me to swerve around..

Frazod
05-29-2009, 02:21 PM
You'd like to take credit for me ruining the ounce of credibility you had left around here?

Well, I suppose to the loser go the...scraps.

Nobody pulls my strings around here pal, but I'm always up for a good (if this can be called that) fight.

Good ole' Micjones, the Guardian of ChiefsPlanet Credibility. I guess all my friends will fire me and Kyle will take all my casino cash. O the humanity. LMAO

I hate to break it to you, but I've pulled your fucking strings all day, assclown, from the second I posted that shot about the bumper sticker in the first place. Do you really think I didn't know you'd see it and lose your shit? Seriously? I'm just surprised it took you that long to initially respond. All those point-by-point replies of yours - they're like popcorn for the soul. I wish you could hear me laugh as I read through them.

When I say JUMP you say HOW HIGH!

Keep up the good work, junior. :thumb:

Dallas Chief
05-29-2009, 02:22 PM
I laugh at this tiny amount of crap from a HOA. I've been locked in combat with mine for 4 months trying to get a room addition approved.

Man I feel for you on that. We tried to put brick and stone walls for flower beds around some trees. They made us match the stone and brick on the house to a "T". Took six weeks to get it approved- plans and all. I almost wish we wouldn't have done it now. :shake:

Frazod
05-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Man I feel for you on that. We tried to put brick and stone walls for flower beds around some trees. They made us match the stone and brick on the house to a "T". Took six weeks to get it approved- plans and all. I almost wish we wouldn't have done it now. :shake:

One of my neighbors lined her flower bed with bricks and planted nice flowers (as opposed to the weeds the association plants). They actually threatened to fine her if she didn't remove them. Unbelievable.

KCChiefsMan
05-29-2009, 02:26 PM
so why is it that they are making him remove the bumper stickers? The neighbors thinks it looks tacky?

DenverChief
05-29-2009, 02:27 PM

except on private property:(

Valiant
05-29-2009, 02:27 PM

Hey there's a chance it is accurate.. My ex is a Nazi of a bitch..

Micjones
05-29-2009, 02:29 PM
I hate to break it to you, but I've pulled your fucking strings all day, assclown, from the second I posted that shot about the bumper sticker in the first place. Do you really think I didn't know you'd see it and lose your shit? Seriously? I'm just surprised it took you that long to initially respond. All those point-by-point replies of yours - they're like popcorn for the soul. I wish you could hear me laugh as I read through them.

Got me over a barrel there.
I'm convinced that I would've abstained from the site I routinely spend hours at a time on...daily.
No sir, I have you to thank.

Because of course you were so busy at work today (as you previously cited)...
That you made a choice to pick on little old me...and somehow even having had me on your mind...to do so...works out to be a feather in YOUR cap.
ROFLROFLROFL

If it makes you feel better to THINK you're manipulating a grown man of superior intelligence (all while spoiling your own credibility)...By all means Charles Xavier...

Perhaps next you could manipulate me into losing an argument?
Or into not making a fool out of you?

When I say JUMP you say HOW HIGH!

Keep up the good work, junior. :thumb:

Eloquent. What's next...
Na na na boo boo?
You're a 43 year old man for crying out loud.
Surely, with time, you could've done better than that...

ROYC75
05-29-2009, 02:33 PM
The pussification of America continues........

Welcome to Liberal America ! This is what happens when the liberals win the presidency, the leftest come out everywhere thinking they can start a movement.

Skip Towne
05-29-2009, 02:37 PM
60 minutes did a story on Houston codes about 20 years ago. They basically said you can build a tarpaper shack on main street if you wish.

PunkinDrublic
05-29-2009, 02:40 PM
Welcome to Liberal America ! This is what happens when the liberals win the presidency, the leftest come out everywhere thinking they can start a movement.

Precisely the reaction fox news is looking for.

Dave Lane
05-29-2009, 02:42 PM

You are a moran of epic proportions.

Frazod
05-29-2009, 02:42 PM
Got me over a barrel there.
I'm convinced that I would've abstained from the site I routinely spend hours at a time on...daily.
No sir, I have you to thank.

Because of course you were so busy at work today (as you previously cited)...
That you made a choice to pick on little old me...and somehow even having had me on your mind...to do so...works out to be a feather in YOUR cap.
ROFLROFLROFL

If it makes you feel better to THINK you're manipulating a grown man of superior intelligence (all while spoiling your own credibility)...By all means Charles Xavier...

Perhaps next you could manipulate me into losing an argument?
Or into not making a fool out of you?

Eloquent. What's next...
Na na na boo boo?
You're a 43 year old man for crying out loud.
Surely, with time, you could've done better than that...

Another news flash - truly smart people don't need to announce over and over how smart they are - they don't have to. I was wrong to compare you to vailpass. You're more like Velvet Jones.

I'll throw in an extra sentence here so you can add another of your brilliant and witty point-by-point replies. Don't disappoint!

PunkinDrublic
05-29-2009, 02:44 PM
How about just using regular old fashioned common sense? Here's is another "news" source for you. Oh and I believe the news link in the OP was from a local Houston Fox affiliate using a Dallas Fox affiliate news report, not the Fox News Channel. I would say there is a huge distinction between the two.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/DN-ragland_27met.ART.State.Edition1.50fc6cf.html

Fox affiliates are just as bad IMO. I expect the DMN to report on it because it is a local story but the Belo owned Dallas Morning Neocon is a conservative rag. I just think there's more to the story.

crazycoffey
05-29-2009, 02:51 PM
I thought one of the points of a HOA was for the neighborhood as a majority to agree on what keeps the neighborhood looking good; fences, yard upkeep, etc. If they are saying his bumper stickers "devalue" the neighborhood, then what about the political affiliation bumperstickers the media spoke of?

jidar
05-29-2009, 02:54 PM

Hurts your delicate fucking sensibilities to have people not mow their grass huh.

Frazod
05-29-2009, 03:03 PM
Hurts your delicate fucking sensibilities to have people not mow their grass huh.

I take it you're not a homeowner?

Skip Towne
05-29-2009, 03:06 PM
In the 70's, my wife and I bought a house in a small developement about 10 miles from Chanute, Ks. Unfortunately, my uncle was one of about 20 families who lived there. (One house was owned by a group of nuns. Those were some mean bitches). Anyway, I fought with them constantly. They put up signs along the road posting a 5 mph speed limit. I laughed and kept up my breakneck 10-15 mph. They sent me a letter stating if I did not obey them they would shut my water off. (We got water from an adjacent lake). I packaged up the letter and sent it to my attorney who was among the best in Kansas. He told them that he knew for a fact that the road had been open to the public for at least 25 years and if they touched my water he would have it dedicated to the county and the speed limit would then be 55 mph. They promptly STFU. Yes, FAX, the attorney was the incomparable Charlie Forsyth. My uncle stopped speaking to me. Fuck him!!

Spott
05-29-2009, 03:07 PM

Yeah, how dare them not keep up to their neighbor's standards. God forbid that the guy has to work 2 jobs and doesn't get to mow his grass as often as the Jones's. HOA's are just made for busybodies that want to feel important by sticking their nose into everyone else's life because they are on some kind of power trip and they get away with it by using the whole keeping property values up argument.

Valiant
05-29-2009, 03:17 PM

Not mowing their grass ever... And not mowing their grass 3-4 times a week is two spectrum's..

Dallas Chief
05-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Fox affiliates are just as bad IMO. I expect the DMN to report on it because it is a local story but the Belo owned Dallas Morning Neocon is a conservative rag. I just think there's more to the story.

OK. I can respect that. I just don't believe there is anymore to it on his end. He was on the radio this morning here in DFW, so I heard it from his mouth without any media slant. I can't believe you think the Fox affilaites follow the same marching orders as FNC though. I just don't get the same vibe. Although I do consider most Fox affiliates news broadcasts to be second rate. They just don't seem to have the same on air talent and technology.

jidar
05-29-2009, 03:18 PM

Wrong. And I live in a nice neighborhood where everyone is retired but me and they all keep their yards immaculate. Mine isn't, but it's not so bad as I also pay a service to keep my lawn. In any case I seriously don't give a **** what my neighbors think of my lawn and if they give me any shit I swear to god I'll put a ****ing cow in my back yard. I hope to god I'm never so pathetic that the state of my lawn takes up that much of my time and energy. Why the hell are these people alive if that's all they've got left?

Frazod
05-29-2009, 03:22 PM
Not mowing their grass ever... And not mowing their grass 3-4 times a week is two spectrum's..

Agreed.

I don't have to mow, but if I did it would be a once-a-week deal. I'd keep it neat, but I wouldn't be one of these lunatics whose yard looks like a major league outfield.

But on the other hand, a bunch of scumbags who NEVER mow, with foot high weeds and shitty cars eternally up on blocks in their oil-stained driveways - I don't want those turds driving my property value down.

Frazod
05-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Wrong. And I live in a nice neighborhood where everyone is retired but me and they all keep their yards immaculate. Mine isn't, but it's not so bad as I also pay a service to keep my lawn. In any case I seriously don't give a **** what my neighbors think of my lawn and if they give me any shit I swear to god I'll put a ****ing cow in my back yard. I hope to god I'm never so pathetic that the state of my lawn takes up that much of my time and energy. Why the hell are these people alive if that's all they've got left?

OK. I certainly get your point - retired lawn Nazis would not sit well with me either. My uncle is like that - mows his yard in a criss-cross pattern 2/3 times a week. Fuck that.

jidar
05-29-2009, 03:25 PM
Agreed.

I don't have to mow, but if I did it would be a once-a-week deal. I'd keep it neat, but I wouldn't be one of these lunatics whose yard looks like a major league outfield.

But on the other hand, a bunch of scumbags who NEVER mow, with foot high weeds and shitty cars eternally up on blocks in their oil-stained driveways - I don't want those turds driving my property value down.

How does that really hurt you anyway? The pussification of America continues...

Frazod
05-29-2009, 03:28 PM
How does that really hurt you anyway? The pussification of America continues...

Because I worked hard to get where I'm at and have a nice place to live, and I don't want some dirtbag lowlifes who don't give a shit about anything making it look bad.

Skip Towne
05-29-2009, 03:29 PM

Before I sicced my attorney on my nemesis, I threatened them with hogs.

Bwana
05-29-2009, 03:31 PM

Word

Lzen
05-29-2009, 05:14 PM
Right but somehow I doubt if the HOA pres were a repub fox news would report the story. I'm skeptical of anything they put out.

It always cracks me up how libs like to knock on Fox News. Just because they aren't left biased like pretty much all other TV networks does not mean they aren't legitimate.

Lzen
05-29-2009, 05:27 PM
LIEBRULLS HATE AMURRKA

Not saying all libs or all Dems. However, when you think about how many times you have seen reported where soldiers or military that have been criticized and/or protested, most of the time it is a left winger. But hey, let's ignore that little tidbit.

Lzen
05-29-2009, 05:36 PM
As I said I take any story fox news puts out with a grain of salt because they are not a legitimate news organization IMO. This doesn't mean I agree with someone being discriminated against for having a vet bumper sticker.

Lol, not a legitimate news organization, eh? That's why they are dominating the cable news ratings. :spock:

Lzen
05-29-2009, 05:41 PM

I wouldn't go that far. This kind of thing has been going on for awhile.

Saulbadguy
05-29-2009, 06:03 PM
Because I worked hard to get where I'm at and have a nice place to live, and I don't want some dirtbag lowlifes who don't give a shit about anything making it look bad.

Generally, neighbors who could let their house look like a piece of shit will cause other problems, aka "riff raff". HOA's do a decent job of keeping trash like that out of the neighborhood. There are thousands of HOA in this country, only a slight majority of them are like this, and go overboard.

Bugeater
05-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Agreed.

Why not? Lower property values = Lower property taxes

Skip Towne
05-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Generally, neighbors who could let their house look like a piece of shit will cause other problems, aka "riff raff". HOA's do a decent job of keeping trash like that out of the neighborhood. There are thousands of HOA in this country, only a slight majority of them are like this, and go overboard.

It seems like I ran into a disproportionate number of pricks. I'm just glad I found out about them without stumbling into owning a house in one.

Deberg_1990
05-30-2009, 01:05 PM

That

Skip Towne
05-30-2009, 01:38 PM
I wouldn't think HOA's would be necessary. Price alone should keep out the riff raff. 50K house = riff raff, 250K house = no riff raff.

Cannibal
05-30-2009, 01:40 PM
I wouldn't think HOA's would be necessary. Price alone should keep out the riff raff. 50K house = riff raff, 250K house = no riff raff.

Depends on where you are. 250k house in Cali or New York = riff raff

Skip Towne
05-30-2009, 01:42 PM
Depends on where you are. 250k house in Cali or New York = riff raff

Adjust he prices for the coasts and the same principles should apply.

Saulbadguy
05-30-2009, 01:44 PM

Just depends. A family of 8 people can more easily afford a larger home. Generally when there is a family of 8 (more than 2 adults) there is riff raff.

Cannibal
05-30-2009, 01:45 PM
Adjust he prices for the coasts and the same principles should apply.

True

Frazod
05-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Another problem is you can get a bunch of people pooling their minimum wage/welfare checks and make a payment on a house designed for a single family in a nice neighborhood. Normally a three bedroom house with a two car garage is occupied by a married couple with kids who own two cars. But if you get a bunch of lowlifes living there, the garage turns into extra sleeping space, and half a dozen rusted-out beaters fill the driveway and line both sides of the street.

I don't want these fuckers in my neighborhood. I got my fill of that crap in Chicago.

BigMeatballDave
05-30-2009, 01:57 PM
I'd NEVER be a member of one of these Communist groups.

Skip Towne
05-30-2009, 02:05 PM
The rich people in Wichita incorporated a section of town as a city called Eastborough. They have their own police force, fire protection, post office, etc. The ultimate HOA.

BigMeatballDave
05-30-2009, 02:07 PM
This story came from fox news so I doubt we're getting the full story. I think there's more to it that they aren't telling us. Looks like they're trying to drum up outrage.You are such a whiny puss. Its a FOX afiliate, dumbass.:rolleyes:

RNR
05-30-2009, 02:08 PM
It always cracks me up how libs like to knock on Fox News. Just because they aren't left biased like pretty much all other TV networks does not mean they aren't legitimate.

I am middle of the road but lean to the right. FOX slants way right and MSNBC slants way left. I try to get the news and ignore the right wingnuts and the left wingnuts

BigMeatballDave
05-30-2009, 02:14 PM
I'd like to see his "patriotic" bumper stickers before I form an opinion on this.What difference does that make? Its his vehicle and his decals.

BigMeatballDave
05-30-2009, 02:19 PM
You don't see the inherent hypocrisy in that position?I've never been a member, but I completely understand. I think they are way out of line here, though.

BigMeatballDave
05-30-2009, 02:23 PM

Bumper sticker complaint is pretty ticky tacky though.I understand them, buy I'd never be a part of one. I prefer live and let live.

KcFanInGA
05-30-2009, 02:25 PM

What? He's not advertising IMO. Just representing. Anyone who has an issue with military emblems is welcome to leave.:cuss:

Mile High Mania
05-30-2009, 02:50 PM
I've lived in suburbs of Dallas for the last 15 years... always been a part of an HOA. You can tell when you drive through neighborhoods that do not have an HOA. And, it's not a good thing in most cases.

Some HOAs are incredibly more uptight than others, but most are ok.

Just Passin' By
05-30-2009, 02:58 PM
I am middle of the road but lean to the right. FOX slants way right and MSNBC slants way left. I try to get the news and ignore the right wingnuts and the left wingnuts

Fox is barely right of center. If Fox were a congressman, we'd almost call it/him a RINO.

rad
05-30-2009, 03:38 PM
I didn't realize there were so many snobs here.

JFC.

kcfanXIII
05-30-2009, 04:46 PM
nothing beats the guy who's HOA gave him a list of colors he could paint his house, so he took all of them, and painted his house plad.

Braincase
05-31-2009, 07:24 AM
The outrage shouldn't be centered on the fact that a Marine chooses to support his Corps by placing a couple of stickers on his car. The outrage should be centered on a HOA that requires submission and self-censorship of their community members to "fit-in". HOA's aren't for the owners of the homes - they are for the real-estate agents that sell and resell those homes. I wonder if they discourage people in the community from having visible tattoos as well.

alanm
05-31-2009, 08:35 AM
It always cracks me up how libs like to knock on Fox News. Just because they aren't left biased like pretty much all other TV networks does not mean they aren't legitimate.Check the numbers. More people watch Fox news than any other source.
Leftist news outlets are begging for alms.

HMc
05-31-2009, 09:38 AM
We don't have these HOA things here - if you're in an apartment complex or in townhouses that are part of one big development then you have to abide by the Strata rules, but your average house owner can do pretty much whatever he or she wants. Obviously there are zoning restrictions, and you can get into strife for nuisance (noise etc), but that's all law.

I've never had a problem with "trashy" neighbours, but then maybe I've always lived in upper middle class areas (giving up a very large proportion of my salary to do so, I'm not saying that I'm well off) where people cut their lawns and don't paint their houses pink anyway.

I agree with Donger though - If you don't fancy living in a HOA joint then dont move into a HOA joint.

Mizzou_8541
05-31-2009, 09:51 AM
Me either. I think this shit is ridiculous. My little bro is a Marine and my grandfather was a Marine so I know how much pride they take in that. I would be pissed if I was this guy too but he did choose the neighborhood with the HOA.

Meh. I am a very proud former Marine and I see your point. He was probably explained the rules and regs when he purchased the home.

kcfanXIII
05-31-2009, 10:01 AM
Meh. I am a very proud former Marine and I see your point. He was probably explained the rules and regs when he purchased the home.

but how was he supposed to know that marine decals were considered advertisements? i consider that no more an ad than a political sticker. the rule is probably in effect to prevent those god awful full vehicle wraps that some small business owners love to put on their vehicles.

Mizzou_8541
05-31-2009, 10:06 AM
but how was he supposed to know that marine decals were considered advertisements? i consider that no more an ad than a political sticker. the rule is probably in effect to prevent those god awful full vehicle wraps that some small business owners love to put on their vehicles.

Also a good point. I don't know. Perhaps they should be more clear about what constitutes advertisements and what isn't.

Lex Luthors
05-31-2009, 10:54 AM
"If you don't like it, don't move into a neighborhood with a home owners association". - Half of the posters in this thread

"All home owners associations are bad. You own the property and you should be able to do ANYTHING you want with it. If the neighbors don't like it, they should just move away." - The other half of the posters in this thread

Both of these positions have been repeated ad nauseum in this thread. They are both wrong, and they reek of incredible arrogance and an unwillingness to consider the other side's point of view.

It's all about reasonable limits on both sides. I don't want to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a house and then watch some jackass next door try to f*ck up the whole neighborhood by turning his yard into a jungle or running an auto repair business out of his garage. I also don't want some jackass on the HOA board making unreasonable demands on me.

In this case the HOA is clearly as wrong as it could possibly be. That doesn't make all HOAs wrong, all of the time. If you can't look at it on a case-by-case basis and decide on the merits of the situation, you are an extremist.