PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff The NBA: Where Caucasian Happens

Silock
05-30-2009, 11:56 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YcVEDCqKNz0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YcVEDCqKNz0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mr. Krab
05-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Stupid > funny

BWillie
05-30-2009, 12:00 PM
I can't help to want a white american kid to become a star in the NBA. Sadly, I think that is why alot of white american's hate the NBA. I love the NBA, but they need another Bird. You always relate to one of your own, just like how Tiger Woods helped make golf more popular to blacks.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-30-2009, 12:01 PM
You naughty lad.

Pioli Zombie
05-30-2009, 12:11 PM
Black is the new black
Posted via Mobile Device

Silock
05-30-2009, 12:16 PM
I can't help to want a white american kid to become a star in the NBA. Sadly, I think that is why alot of white american's hate the NBA. I love the NBA, but they need another Bird. You always relate to one of your own, just like how Tiger Woods helped make golf more popular to blacks.

Maybe, but there seems to be the same ratio of black:white in college ball, too.

Pants
05-30-2009, 12:20 PM

Ugh. I usually like you as a poster, but dude...

Mr. Krab
05-30-2009, 12:24 PM
I think we should make a funny video about how most of the NFL Owners and Coaches are all white because blacks are too stupid to do it. Maybe it can star Neil Smith, and his wonder Neilbonics, as a comedic example.

Just sayin' :shrug:

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Black is the new black
Posted via Mobile Device

Samoan is the new Black in the NFL.

So with that in mind, the next time your find yourself in a position of supplication while washing Pioli's balls, you tell that sonofabitch I don't appreciate letting Maualuga go to Sing-Singnatti, and that I damned well expect a Samoan on this team before the start of the 2012 season!

Do it!
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Angry-Dad---homer-simpson-549998_75_75.jpg

MikeMaslowski
05-30-2009, 12:33 PM
Wow. That was a 6 on the racist meter....

ThaVirus
05-30-2009, 12:36 PM
Ugh. I usually like you as a poster, but dude...

Well he's got a point about relating to one of your own. He's not rooting against blacks, just hoping for a a little diversity in the elite NBA ranks

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Well he's got a point about relating to one of your own. He's not rooting against blacks, just hoping for a a little diversity in the elite NBA ranks

That's why Hockey and NASCAR exist.

RJ
05-30-2009, 12:39 PM

I think that's probably way down at the bottom of any list of reasons why a lot of Americans hate the NBA.

stevieray
05-30-2009, 12:44 PM
I've never seen a culture where the adjective is more important than the noun.

Until now.

googlegoogle
05-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Who dares make a "NBA where African*****" happens.

googlegoogle
05-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Will Nba players push for some type of Rooney rule which would make all coaches black?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Who dares make a "NBA where African*****" happens.

Probably the same, dumb, non-existent "god" that gave you a place in the gene poole.

MoreLemonPledge
05-30-2009, 01:50 PM
I found the video amusing.

Ultra Peanut
05-30-2009, 02:41 PM
No matter what I do they'll never pass it to meeeeeeee / My range is as far as my arms can reeeeeeach

This fucking owns.

p.s. poking fun at a privileged majority's non-dominance in one tiny facet of our culture is exactly the same as mocking groups which have been and continue to be systemically oppressed for centuries, hurf de durf

Mr. Kotter
05-30-2009, 02:47 PM
No matter what I do they'll never pass it to meeeeeeee / My range is as far as my arms can reeeeeeach

This ****ing owns.

p.s. poking fun at a privileged majority's non-dominance in one tiny facet of our culture is exactly the same as mocking groups which have been and continue to be systemically oppressed for centuries, hurf de durf

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ovTHWI3vE7A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ovTHWI3vE7A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ultra Peanut
05-30-2009, 02:53 PM
God, you're dumb.

Deberg_1990
05-30-2009, 03:03 PM

I can't help to want an african american kid to become a star in the NHL. Sadly, I think that is why alot of african american's hate the NHL. I love the NHL, but they need another Willie O'Ree. You always relate to one of your own, just like how Arthur Ashe helped make Tennis more popular to blacks.

Valiant
05-30-2009, 03:06 PM
I think we should make a funny video about how most of the NFL Owners and Coaches are all white because blacks are too stupid to do it. Maybe it can star Neil Smith, and his wonder Neilbonics, as a comedic example.

Just sayin' :shrug:

I think that goes more towards the only reason why certain people are in college(all colors) is because of their skills and not thier brains.. Which should not be the case in college sports.. Most of the ignorant ballers who refused to try and learn in college or high school become bums after their careers are over.. Why?? they are too ****ing ignorant, another reason why the NBA started having the rookie symposium, to try and help with it.. That and the schools and teachers who allow it to happen..

Then you have the gang lifestyle that is ingrained in inner city youth no matter what color they are that is idolized.. It is a slow process that will eventually kill the NBA imo and drive the sport overseas..

Actually that might be better, the European leagues are actually better then the NBA.. Why?? They have rules they follow.. My god, each level here in the US as you go up from high school to NBA follows the rules less and less..

Once the economy cripples the NBA more and more, I actually think a few stars might jump to Europe.. Either that or the NBA will have to downsize and maybe dump the useless WNBA all together since it has never made one profit..

Mr. Kotter
05-30-2009, 03:07 PM
God, you're dumb.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4vbZNEB8iIQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4vbZNEB8iIQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ultra Peanut
05-30-2009, 03:10 PM
Kotter, if you want to have a happy-off, I'm going to win it every time today.

Quesadilla Joe
05-30-2009, 03:11 PM
That was hilarious and I am white. I wish white people could have the same freedom of speech though.

Mr. Kotter
05-30-2009, 03:13 PM
Kotter, if you want to have a happy-off, I'm going to win it every time today.

Congrats on your Crying Game win from last night, then.

Most of the rest of though wouldn't be as invigorated by that, though. Just sayin'.

;)

Ultra Peanut
05-30-2009, 03:14 PM
That was hilarious and I am white. I wish white people could have the same freedom of speech though.ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

the dynamics are very very very very very very very very very very very very easy to understand

Congrats on your Crying Game win from last night, then.

Most of the rest of though wouldn't be as invigorated by that, though. Just sayin'.

;)up's a tranny lol

Mr. Kotter
05-30-2009, 03:16 PM

up's a tranny lol

Hey, whatever works for you. :thumb:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dgEJWU0ZB5A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dgEJWU0ZB5A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Pablo
05-30-2009, 04:02 PM
Youtube video replies, eh?

I think we've found the new DCS.

Mr. Kotter
05-30-2009, 04:02 PM

It's a staple around here, noob. :)

Pablo
05-30-2009, 04:05 PM
It's a staple around here, noob. :)Sure, just not three times in one thread.

That's approaching DCS territory.

Mr. Kotter
05-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Sure, just not three times in one thread.

That's approaching DCS territory.

I've found it's a good way to deal with UP (and some others)....responding in like fashion, some call it.

Skip Towne
05-30-2009, 04:12 PM
I've found it's a good way to deal with UP (and some others)....responding in like fashion, some call it.

Except you look like DCS

Mr. Kotter
05-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Except you look like DCS

I didn't pay much attention to DCS, I guess. :shrug:

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-30-2009, 04:48 PM
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ovTHWI3vE7A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Excellent choice, Mr. Kotter.

:D

googlegoogle
05-30-2009, 04:50 PM
Probably the same, dumb, non-existent "god" that gave you a place in the gene poole.

testy testy bitch i have annoyed.

What in my post seems to have bothered you? Hmm.

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-30-2009, 04:51 PM

You "think" wrong, Ducky.

Here, have a vid on me:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PVb2xZn2gqY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PVb2xZn2gqY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:shake: Sadness...

googlegoogle
05-30-2009, 04:52 PM
That was hilarious and I am white. I wish white people could have the same freedom of speech though.

We wont and we never will. Freedom is dead.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-30-2009, 04:53 PM
testy testy bitch i have annoyed.

What in my post seems to have bothered you? Hmm.

ROFL

"Bother me"? You give yourself FAR too much credit, fuckstickle-pop.

I'm just groovin' on your "moranity"( Hey! That rhymes with "Hannity"! Perfect, and a perfect match ).

googlegoogle
05-30-2009, 04:54 PM
I can't help to want an african american kid to become a star in the NHL. Sadly, I think that is why alot of african american's hate the NHL. I love the NHL, but they need another Willie O'Ree. You always relate to one of your own, just like how Arthur Ashe helped make Tennis more popular to blacks.

Who cares if African black Americans hate the NHL !?

Should whites hate the NBA?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-30-2009, 04:55 PM
We wont and we never will. Freedom is dead.

Yet you still live; a tragedy beyond the scale of the Hindenburg.

:shake: Oh the sadness.

googlegoogle
05-30-2009, 04:55 PM
"Bother me"? You give yourself FAR too much credit, ****stickle-pop.

I'm just groovin' on your "moranity"( Hey! That rhymes with "Hannity"! Perfect, and a perfect match ).

Your a nut.

googlegoogle
05-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Yet you still live; a tragedy beyond the scale of the Hindenburg.

:shake: Oh the sadness.

You have problems with people living huh.

Do you make threats in real life too?

You're a whacko! Buy a gun and off yourself before you hurt a 'real living person'.

Ps - bet your some weak person acting tough on the internet.

Bugeater
05-30-2009, 05:01 PM
I didn't pay much attention to DCS, I guess. :shrug:
You're better for it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-30-2009, 05:11 PM
You have problems with people living huh.

Do you make threats in real life too?

I have a problem with you breeding.

Only when necessary.

You're a whacko! Buy a gun and off yourself before you hurt a 'real living person'.

Me with a gun is a bad, bad idea.( Though I'm fully cleared to carry one )

Ps - bet your some weak person acting tough on the internet.

PS: I bet you fuck sheep. :shrug:

googlegoogle
05-30-2009, 05:17 PM
I have a problem with you breeding.

Only when necessary.

Me with a gun is a bad, bad idea.( Though I'm fully cleared to carry one )

PS: I bet you **** sheep. :shrug:

I have a problem with you.

I bet your a ghay little butthole licker.

I could fix your problems with me by fixing you.

How about a fist lobotomy. Promise to stick a boot up your ass first.

Let you lick it before i fade you to black.

Skip Towne
05-30-2009, 05:22 PM
I have a problem with you.

I bet your a ghay little butthole licker.

I could fix your problems with me by fixing you.

How about a fist lobotomy. Promise to stick a boot up your ass first.

Let you lick it before i fade you to black.

Please hurry

googlegoogle
05-30-2009, 05:23 PM
Please hurry

I would rip out his brain by doing boot kick up his rectum.

He might enjoy that.

Bet his mommy might take his computer away from him then.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-30-2009, 05:34 PM
I would rip out his brain by doing boot kick up his rectum.

He might enjoy that.

Bet his mommy might take his computer away from him then.

Will you sing Toby Keith to me too?ROFL

JD10367
05-30-2009, 05:52 PM
I can't help to want a white american kid to become a star in the NBA. Sadly, I think that is why alot of white american's hate the NBA. I love the NBA, but they need another Bird.

That used to be the thinking around Boston, too. And then they got Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen, and won an NBA title last year, and suddenly basketball was popular in Boston again. Turns out white people don't hate a sport because there are no white players on the team; they hate a sport when their local team sucks ass at it.

Although, if my last name was White, I would definitely name my kid Token and raise him to play basketball. Just to eventually hear the announcer at an NBA game saying, "Now coming in off the bench... Token, White." :D

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-30-2009, 05:56 PM
That used to be the thinking around Boston, too. And then they got Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen, and won an NBA title last year, and suddenly basketball was popular in Boston again. Turns out white people don't hate a sport because there are no white players on the team; they hate a sport when their local team sucks ass at it.

Although, if my last name was White, I would definitely name my kid Token and raise him to play basketball. Just to eventually hear the announcer at an NBA game saying, "Now coming in off the bench... Token, White." :D

:clap:LMAO

BWillie
05-30-2009, 06:49 PM

Of course, anybody is going to join the bandwagon if their hometeam is winning. I'm white, and I love the NBA. I'm just telling you, that is how alot of old white men think. They say the NBA is full of selfish thugs who don't play team ball or any defense. And in the last five years, that is far from the truth. The spurs are the epitome of selfless and team ball and everybody hates them. Boston is made up of 3 superstars who share the ball.

JD10367
05-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Of course, anybody is going to join the bandwagon if their hometeam is winning. I'm white, and I love the NBA. I'm just telling you, that is how alot of old white men think. They say the NBA is full of selfish thugs who don't play team ball or any defense. And in the last five years, that is far from the truth. The spurs are the epitome of selfless and team ball and everybody hates them. Boston is made up of 3 superstars who share the ball.

I'm not sure what your point is. Old white men don't like the NBA because it's full of players who are selfish? Or old white men don't like the NBA because it's full of black guys? Or white people like the black players on Boston but not the black players on San Antonio? :spock:

BWillie
05-30-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm not sure what your point is. Old white men don't like the NBA because it's full of players who are selfish? Or old white men don't like the NBA because it's full of black guys? Or white people like the black players on Boston but not the black players on San Antonio? :spock:

Dude, you can look at focus groups. Older white men are what drive sports, and they like the NBA the least out of NFL and MLB. Take it as you like, but it's because the NBA has an unnecessary connotation as selfish thugs who don't play basketball the right way. Whether right way means no defense, traveling all the time, not playing as a team, I don't know. But what I do know is this assumption is incorrect. The NBA has a great product right now.

Dottefan
05-30-2009, 09:20 PM
I think that goes more towards the only reason why certain people are in college(all colors) is because of their skills and not thier brains.. Which should not be the case in college sports.. Most of the ignorant ballers who refused to try and learn in college or high school become bums after their careers are over.. Why?? they are too ****ing ignorant, another reason why the NBA started having the rookie symposium, to try and help with it.. That and the schools and teachers who allow it to happen..

Then you have the gang lifestyle that is ingrained in inner city youth no matter what color they are that is idolized.. It is a slow process that will eventually kill the NBA imo and drive the sport overseas..

Actually that might be better, the European leagues are actually better then the NBA.. Why?? They have rules they follow.. My god, each level here in the US as you go up from high school to NBA follows the rules less and less..

Once the economy cripples the NBA more and more, I actually think a few stars might jump to Europe.. Either that or the NBA will have to downsize and maybe dump the useless WNBA all together since it has never made one profit..

How do you know they become bums? do you know these guys personally? or are you just making an stupid assumption? The vast majority of NBA players are not gang members. Do not take a very small percentage and apply it to the the majority. Allot of those "gang" signs you are referring to are not gang signs at all. Allot of Black Fraternities use hand signs as a way to display there fraternity. Most lames in the media call them gang sings, and you lames who do not know better post crap like this. I don't ever see any one crying when white kids jump from high school to the minor leagues in hockey or baseball. If a black kid passes up a chance at a scholarship..he is stupid, and immature, and a thug? wtf? Do you know what type of discipline it takes to make it to the NBA? God given talent is just the half of it. These kids make alot of sacrifices in their personal lives , to practice and train. Then if they don't make it they have to listen to losers like you (who never in your life would have a small understanding of the amount of training and dedication and sacrifice that it takes to make it to that level)..call them a loser because they failed. Who is the loser really ?the kid that gave it his all and did not make it, or the guy on the this site criticizing these kids.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-30-2009, 09:23 PM
:popcorn:

JD10367
05-30-2009, 09:32 PM
Dude, you can look at focus groups. Older white men are what drive sports, and they like the NBA the least out of NFL and MLB. Take it as you like, but it's because the NBA has an unnecessary connotation as selfish thugs who don't play basketball the right way. Whether right way means no defense, traveling all the time, not playing as a team, I don't know. But what I do know is this assumption is incorrect. The NBA has a great product right now.

And I'm still confused. A whole page ago you said we need white stars because a lot of white Americans apparently can't root for black guys. :shrug: I'm just trying to get it straight. Are white Americans racist? Or are just old white American guys racist?

I think what you were trying to say is that the image NBA players sometimes portray--the "gangsta", tattooed young troublemaker kind of image--turns off white people. Not that I agree with that, either; I'm sure that image also turns off a lot of black people. But there might be some truth to it, and it's for a very simple reason: NBA players wear the most revealing uniform. MLB players are almost entirely covered up except for their faces; NFL players, even more so, since they have a helmet on and all you can see are their eyes and a few facial features. So people tend not to identify the players as individuals as much, unless they're very flamboyant or troublesome or quirky (e.g. Corey Dillon, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens). But in basketball, since they wear shorts and wife-beater-style jerseys, you can see all the tattoos on the arms and shoulders, and the hair styles, et cetera.

I think it's a bit simpler: people fear what they don't understand. Different skin color, different nationality, different religion, different sexuality. It's just human nature. It's no secret that "beige" guys (both in skin color and personality) like Barack Obama and Tiger Woods are more accepted. Eddie Murphy made fun of that stereotype as way back as "Beverly Hills Cop". But I think most people have progressed far enough that skin color isn't as important. I'm sure there are plenty of "white thugs" that white people don't like, but we tend to call them "white trash" or simply "douchebags", and not "white thugs". (Jeremy Shockey comes to mind.)

This whole discussion sort of ties into the Rap Music thread which is also on the front page at the moment.

There might be some truth to the assumption that "thuggery" is more prevalent in the NBA than in other sports. I really don't know. I think it IS pretty easy to assume that basketball is definitely more of an inner-city sport, more of a poor-kid's sport; baseball and football are more of an elite sport, played in better-off communities and in smaller towns. However, it's a dangerous leap, and a slippery slope, to say, "basketball is played by more inner-city black kids, and more inner-city black kids are thugs, thus, by process of elimination, more basketball players are thugs".

I think it goes back more to my point: basketball just isn't as popular because most cities have crap teams. New York, in particular, has been an abysmal pit in terms of basketball (when was the last time the Knicks or Nets were prominent?) and Boston has sucked as well. Chicago hasn't been the same without MJ. The Lakers are popular but, really, people in La-La Land don't concentrate too long on any particular thing; basketball there is more about which stars are spotted sitting at courtside. (I'm not saying L.A. doesn't have "real" fans, I'm just saying, they don't bleed basketball, if you know what I mean.) Big-market cities need to have strong teams in order to make a sport current.

Dottefan
05-30-2009, 09:35 PM
And I'm still confused. A whole page ago you said we need white stars because a lot of white Americans apparently can't root for black guys. :shrug: I'm just trying to get it straight. Are white Americans racist? Or are just old white American guys racist?

I think what you were trying to say is that the image NBA players sometimes portray--the "gangsta", tattooed young troublemaker kind of image--turns off white people. Not that I agree with that, either; I'm sure that image also turns off a lot of black people. But there might be some truth to it, and it's for a very simple reason: NBA players wear the most revealing uniform. MLB players are almost entirely covered up except for their faces; NFL players, even more so, since they have a helmet on and all you can see are their eyes and a few facial features. So people tend not to identify the players as individuals as much, unless they're very flamboyant or troublesome or quirky (e.g. Corey Dillon, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens). But in basketball, since they wear shorts and wife-beater-style jerseys, you can see all the tattoos on the arms and shoulders, and the hair styles, et cetera.

I think it's a bit simpler: people fear what they don't understand. Different skin color, different nationality, different religion, different sexuality. It's just human nature. It's no secret that "beige" guys (both in skin color and personality) like Barack Obama and Tiger Woods are more accepted. Eddie Murphy made fun of that stereotype as way back as "Beverly Hills Cop". But I think most people have progressed far enough that skin color isn't as important. I'm sure there are plenty of "white thugs" that white people don't like, but we tend to call them "white trash" or simply "douchebags", and not "white thugs". (Jeremy Shockey comes to mind.)

This whole discussion sort of ties into the Rap Music thread which is also on the front page at the moment.

There might be some truth to the assumption that "thuggery" is more prevalent in the NBA than in other sports. I really don't know. I think it IS pretty easy to assume that basketball is definitely more of an inner-city sport, more of a poor-kid's sport; baseball and football are more of an elite sport, played in better-off communities and in smaller towns. However, it's a dangerous leap, and a slippery slope, to say, "basketball is played by more inner-city black kids, and more inner-city black kids are thugs, thus, by process of elimination, more basketball players are thugs".

I think it goes back more to my point: basketball just isn't as popular because most cities have crap teams. New York, in particular, has been an abysmal pit in terms of basketball (when was the last time the Knicks or Nets were prominent?) and Boston has sucked as well. Chicago hasn't been the same without MJ. The Lakers are popular but, really, people in La-La Land don't concentrate too long on any particular thing; basketball there is more about which stars are spotted sitting at courtside. (I'm not saying L.A. doesn't have "real" fans, I'm just saying, they don't bleed basketball, if you know what I mean.) Big-market cities need to have strong teams in order to make a sport current.

Good Post :clap::clap:

beach tribe
05-31-2009, 09:31 AM
Good white NBA players come along about as often as Black SB winning QBs.

beach tribe
05-31-2009, 09:35 AM

Basketball isn't as popular because it is an inferior sport. Football is the God of all sports. Hoops just can't match up, and never will. It wouldn't matter if 95% of the players in the NBA were white, and 99% of football players were black, basketball would NEVER touch football.

Skip Towne
05-31-2009, 09:42 AM
Basketball isn't as popular because it is an inferior sport. Football is the God of all sports. Hoops just can't match up, and never will. It wouldn't matter if 95% of the players in the NBA were white, and 99% of football players were black, basketball would NEVER touch football.

This

milkman
05-31-2009, 09:50 AM
This

Exactly.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-31-2009, 01:46 PM

ROFL This.