PDA

View Full Version : Life Alright which one of you guys tried to break into my house last night?

Reerun_KC
06-03-2009, 09:33 AM
Around 2:30a the freaking house alarm goes off. I am like WTF? I jump up and my son Cody is up looking around. We check all the doors and they are locked. Opened the garage door and the lights are on, the door is open and the back door to the outside from the garage was the one that set the alarm off..

So we start looking around, tried to shut the garage door and it gets hung up on a tackle box that I have never see before. So I was like where did that come from. Upon investigation, they broke into my surburban, stoled my remote for the garage door, my lightspeed aviation headset, office keys and airplane keys. I left my wallet in my flight bag and they took my licenses, CC and ATM cards. (yeah retarded for leaving flight bag in the truck). The took my chain saw out of the back, but left my weedeater, subwoofers, and golf clubs.

The part that pisses me off is they opened the garage door, came in the garage, started going through my wifes car and stuff in garage... Then they opened the back door and it set off the alarm... They ran when they happened. But they were that close to coming into the house.... Which is the part that upset the kids and wife last night...

Oh how I wish I had the opportunity to introduce them to my Benelli 12g last night.... Well hopefully they try and pawn my stuff espically the headset, it would be such an odd item according to the local pawn shops this am, so there is a chance I might get it back someday. Now I have to run all over Edmond and get shit done, along with not having my headset to fly with. This really sucks this morning.

I guess the not so funny thing today is that, we are 4 days away from moving out of this house to Guthrie OK. We currently live in a fairly new (7 years old) neighborhood. The crime and breakins in this neighborhood are climbing to an alarming rate. They are averaging more than 5 breakins a week here in Bristol Park subdivision. I was hoping to make it out of Edmond before they got us, but no such luck...

Strange they didnt take a full 5th of Jack Daniels out of Mrs Reerun_KC's car. It was sitting right there...

So fess up, which one of you guys was it...

Jilly
06-03-2009, 09:35 AM
Me.....sorry. I was looking for my keys.

Iowanian
06-03-2009, 09:35 AM
This is why land mines should be legal.

Fairplay
06-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Strange they didnt take a full 5th of Jack Daniels out of Mrs Reerun_KC's car. It was sitting right there...

I think Jack Daniels is a cheap whiskey, so i did you a favor by leaving it.

Rooster
06-03-2009, 09:39 AM
My guess it was Herm Edwards.

Buehler445
06-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Dude. Not cool. I'm glad everyone is OK. The rest of it is just shit. Make sure you get it reported to the police. Maybe they will be less worthless than the cops in Emporia when the wife got robbed.

That would piss me off. Royally. I'd killin fuckers.

Seriously, it is good everyone is OK. That is the big part.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise
06-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Not that this has anything to do with your situation (although that sucks dude).

But lately we've been having people from a security company going through the neighborhood asking people if they have the upgraded ADT panel in their houses. Obviously they're going around to homes with the ADT sign on the outside. They're offering a free upgrade on the panel but they need the home owner's permission to do it. I'm obviously not the home owner because we're renting the house. These fuckers have come by about 4 times in the past month now. Next time I'm just going to answer the door with my shotgun.

Reerun_KC
06-03-2009, 09:44 AM
My guess it was Herm Edwards.

ROFL

Probably wanted to repay me for all the nice things I have said about him in the past....

All he had to do is ring the doorbell and give me my present...

Mr. Plow
06-03-2009, 09:46 AM
I just got all the shit I left when you were out of town last week.

Buck
06-03-2009, 09:47 AM
You should get a guard Bear.

Or maybe bear traps

Bwana
06-03-2009, 09:47 AM
I'm glad everyone in your family is ok.

Useless lowlife methheads.

Reerun_KC
06-03-2009, 09:48 AM
Dude. Not cool. I'm glad everyone is OK. The rest of it is just shit. Make sure you get it reported to the police. Maybe they will be less worthless than the cops in Emporia when the wife got robbed.

That would piss me off. Royally. I'd killin ****ers.

Seriously, it is good everyone is OK. That is the big part.

Posted via Mobile Device

Well your right, that is the best thing is that every one inside is okay... It just makes everyone feel violated and upset... You know my family B, they are pretty good/sweet folks, they would never hurt or steal from anyone, so this makes them feel really scared.

Yes I am very pissed, first that they got away without being confronted by me and my shotgun. Second that they had an negative effect on my wife and kids by taking stuff and entering our home (even though its just the garage).

Yeah its just stuff, probably lost $1000.00 worth last night. Nothing that cant be replaced...

I guess those guys were just lucky enough that I didnt catch them and do something stupid like waste one of them in the garage... So maybe its for the best that we didnt catch them...

Frazod
06-03-2009, 09:48 AM
That sucks. I guess you should have the alarm system reconfigured to cover the back door. The fucker may come back someday.

Reerun_KC
06-03-2009, 09:49 AM
I just got all the shit I left when you were out of town last week.

ROFL

Thanks for the humor, it is making the family/wife feel much better about it...

The Franchise
06-03-2009, 09:49 AM
That sucks. I guess you should have the alarm system reconfigured to cover the back door. The fucker may come back someday.

Why don't you go chill in his garage and protect him? Although I guess if he has a fridge.....he should probably move it out of the garage. :thumb:

Reerun_KC
06-03-2009, 09:50 AM
That sucks. I guess you should have the alarm system reconfigured to cover the back door. The ****er may come back someday.

I am thinking about having it cover the garage door. Both back doors are covered, but he opened the garage door with the remote. :#

Chief Pote
06-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Around 2:30a the freaking house alarm goes off. I am like WTF? I jump up and my son Cody is up looking around. We check all the doors and they are locked. Opened the garage door and the lights are on, the door is open and the back door to the outside from the garage was the one that set the alarm off..

So we start looking around, tried to shut the garage door and it gets hung up on a tackle box that I have never see before. So I was like where did that come from. Upon investigation, they broke into my surburban, stoled my remote for the garage door, my lightspeed aviation headset, office keys and airplane keys. I left my wallet in my flight bag and they took my licenses, CC and ATM cards. (yeah retarded for leaving flight bag in the truck). The took my chain saw out of the back, but left my weedeater, subwoofers, and golf clubs.

The part that pisses me off is they opened the garage door, came in the garage, started going through my wifes car and stuff in garage... Then they opened the back door and it set off the alarm... They ran when they happened. But they were that close to coming into the house.... Which is the part that upset the kids and wife last night...

Oh how I wish I had the opportunity to introduce them to my Benelli 12g last night.... Well hopefully they try and pawn my stuff espically the headset, it would be such an odd item according to the local pawn shops this am, so there is a chance I might get it back someday. Now I have to run all over Edmond and get shit done, along with not having my headset to fly with. This really sucks this morning.

I guess the not so funny thing today is that, we are 4 days away from moving out of this house to Guthrie OK. We currently live in a fairly new (7 years old) neighborhood. The crime and breakins in this neighborhood are climbing to an alarming rate. They are averaging more than 5 breakins a week here in Bristol Park subdivision. I was hoping to make it out of Edmond before they got us, but no such luck...

Dude.....that's a weird last name.

Reerun_KC
06-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Why don't you go chill in his garage and protect him? Although I guess if he has a fridge.....he should probably move it out of the garage. :thumb:

There is two fridge's out there, Direct TV, surround sound, xbox, couch and a recliner in the garage where I have my man cave....

But would you really want Frazod living in your garage? :huh:

Mr. Plow
06-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Both back doors are covered

Uhhhhh......nevermind. Inappropriate joke diverted. :D

Glad the family is safe.

Bwana
06-03-2009, 09:53 AM
You should get a guard Bear.

Or maybe bear traps

Heh, this in todays paper.

http://www.billingsgazette.net/articles/2009/06/03/news/local/40-bear.txt

Come on over! We'll take a little 5 mile drive and go get one. It would likely do a good job of guarding the place and eating meth monkey's, but they can stink, they leave huge piles and the neighbor's may get a little bent out of shape when you bring it home.

Chief Pote
I am thinking about having it cover the garage door. Both back doors are covered, but he opened the garage door with the remote. :#

That takes some serious balls to open a loud garage door in the middle of the night. Keep the gun loaded if you don't have small children.

Reerun_KC
Dude.....that's a weird last name.

:hmmm:

Chief Pote
06-03-2009, 09:55 AM
:hmmm:

It was a lame attempt at comedy.....

Reerun_KC
06-03-2009, 09:56 AM

Glad the family is safe.

I just got it! ROFL Yeah they are covered!

Reerun_KC
06-03-2009, 09:57 AM
It was a lame attempt at comedy.....

I know it was funny!

kepp
06-03-2009, 09:58 AM
We have good friends in L.A. that got robbed like that. The guys broke out his car window and used the garage door opener to get in. Thing is, they DID get into their house and spent a good amount of time roaming around grabbing things while they and their daughter were sleeping. Scary stuff. Glad you guys are okay.

Fish
It wasn't me.... I leave a case of Icehouse on the front porch of any house I plan to break in to...

Jilly

Glad the family is safe.

backdoor jokes never get old

Katipan
06-03-2009, 10:00 AM
Plus, it's hard cleaning blood off concrete.

Bwana
06-03-2009, 10:05 AM
It wasn't me.... I leave a case of Icehouse on the front porch of any house I plan to break in to...

Ouch! As if the break in wouldn't be traumatizing enough. At least make a case of Keystone.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Around 2:30-So fess up, which one of you guys was it...

Man, these $5,000 whores, Cuban cigars, case of Old Peculiar, and new Les Paul are AWESOME!!!!

Thanks Reerun!!!!!LMAO

Demonpenz
06-03-2009, 10:11 AM
this never happens to me, i am always drinking beer in my garage

Jilly
06-03-2009, 10:16 AM
this never happens to me, i am always drinking beer in my garage

Are you one of those who has the whole set up in your garage? The little half fence put up at the garage opening to keep the dog from wondering out, the TV with the rabbit ears, the lawn chair circa 1980, the little astroturf rug, and the various sports/hot chick posters all around?

Iowanian
06-03-2009, 10:22 AM
When I go on a crime spree, I like to be proactive in my future income.

If I break into your house, I just smash the valuable electronics and look for cash and guns...then, I know that insurance is going to replace the stuff I broke, so I come back for the TV-DVD-Computer etc a month later, when I know it will all be newer and worth more...

Goapics1
06-03-2009, 10:27 AM
I've never seen a garage in a trailer home park.

Buehler445
06-03-2009, 10:29 AM
Well your right, that is the best thing is that every one inside is okay... It just makes everyone feel violated and upset... You know my family B, they are pretty good/sweet folks, they would never hurt or steal from anyone, so this makes them feel really scared.

Yes I am very pissed, first that they got away without being confronted by me and my shotgun. Second that they had an negative effect on my wife and kids by taking stuff and entering our home (even though its just the garage).

Yeah its just stuff, probably lost $1000.00 worth last night. Nothing that cant be replaced...

I guess those guys were just lucky enough that I didnt catch them and do something stupid like waste one of them in the garage... So maybe its for the best that we didnt catch them...

Yeah dude. I understand. Wife was with me when her apt got robbed and shook her to the core. It'll take awhile to get over for them. Just understand that they respond differently.

Wife got really scared, I got really pissed and wanted to kill something.
Posted via Mobile Device

Demonpenz
06-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Are you one of those who has the whole set up in your garage? The little half fence put up at the garage opening to keep the dog from wondering out, the TV with the rabbit ears, the lawn chair circa 1980, the little astroturf rug, and the various sports/hot chick posters all around?

hmm my dad has a garage setup (grandpa built wooden boats) I have a small apartment with two 15 inch tv's and nintindo gamecube

Katipan
06-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Dude thats like having a 30 inch.

Kyle DeLexus
06-03-2009, 10:35 AM

If I break into your house, I just smash the valuable electronics and look for cash and guns...then, I know that insurance is going to replace the stuff I broke, so I come back for the TV-DVD-Computer etc a month later, when I know it will all be newer and worth more...

nice

Blindside58
06-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Not that this has anything to do with your situation (although that sucks dude).

But lately we've been having people from a security company going through the neighborhood asking people if they have the upgraded ADT panel in their houses. Obviously they're going around to homes with the ADT sign on the outside. They're offering a free upgrade on the panel but they need the home owner's permission to do it. I'm obviously not the home owner because we're renting the house. These fuckers have come by about 4 times in the past month now. Next time I'm just going to answer the door with my shotgun.

I always am suspicious of people questioning if I have an alarm system and the brand. I figure that if I was a piece of Shit home burglar that door to door fake salesman scheme with a simple ADT polo shirt would be the easiest way to get info of prospective victims.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-03-2009, 10:43 AM
I always am suspicious of people questioning if I have an alarm system and the brand. I figure that if I was a piece of Shit home burglar that door to door fake salesman scheme with a simple ADT polo shirt would be the easiest way to get info of prospective victims.

Shoot anyone who comes to the door in a Polo shirt; 1982 passed a LONG time ago.

Dylan
06-03-2009, 10:51 AM

http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/tweetz/scared.gif

The Franchise
06-03-2009, 10:52 AM

Exactly.....that's why I tell them that yes it's full armed.....and so am I.

Nzoner
06-03-2009, 10:54 AM

That's experience right there,same crap happened to us back in the 80's and it wasn't 5 weeks later it happened again,only this time I caught the little bastard in my house.

Kyle DeLexus
06-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Shoot anyone who comes to the door in a Polo shirt; 1982 passed a LONG time ago.

What world are you living in?

Deberg_1990
06-03-2009, 10:56 AM

hehe...those crack me up. We have a few in my neighborhood like that.

Full couch, widescreen tv, fully stocked bar, etc...

Me, i prefer to party in the privacy of my backyard where nobody can see what im doing.

Iowanian
06-03-2009, 10:59 AM
That's experience right there,same crap happened to us back in the 80's and it wasn't 5 weeks later it happened again,only this time I caught the little bastard in my house.

I've never really been a criminal, but I've always said I had the ingenuity to be good at it if I ever put my mind to it.

If the new stuff wasn't quality, I'd probably leave a corn loaf cooking in your microwave or something.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-03-2009, 10:59 AM
What world are you living in?

Obviously one that doesn't involve people dressing like 1982?

:shrug:

Kyle DeLexus
06-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Obviously one that doesn't involve people dressing like 1982?

:shrug:

Polos aren't going anywhere is what i'm saying.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Polos aren't going anywhere is what i'm saying.

Indeed:

http://crackedhumor.com/image.axd?picture=Anatomy_of_a_DoucheBag.ashx.jpg

Fairplay
06-03-2009, 11:47 AM
I need to get a new backdoor to my house. Anyone could break into it.

Fish
06-03-2009, 11:50 AM
So did the security company call about 3 hours later and ask if there was a break in and if they should send the popo??

Fairplay
06-03-2009, 11:52 AM
I always am suspicious of people questioning if I have an alarm system and the brand.

I always tell people my neighborhood is my best security. Half of them are retired and just watch out what everyone does. They call the cops in a heartbeat.

One time on me when i brought my couch with a friend out to my own truck i was selling to him.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-03-2009, 11:57 AM
So did the security company call about 3 hours later and ask if there was a break in and if they should send the popo??

LMAO

"This is Brinks Security, Mr. Reerun; are you still breathing"?

Slainte
06-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Your wife really shouldn't drink and drive...

DenverChief
06-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Dude seriously ditch the in car garage remote and buy yourself and the wife a keychain remote and attach it to your car keys that way the remote is always with you. They are about the same size as a typical car unlock remote. Glad to hear everyone is ok.

KCChiefsMan
06-03-2009, 01:05 PM
see what pisses me off about situations like these, is that those useless pieces of trash have gotten away and will never get caught. They'll each have 5 kids at least and it makes me want to go vigilante on these people. The law won't/can't do anything.

Frazod
06-03-2009, 01:10 PM

How'd that turn out?

Frazod
06-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Dude seriously ditch the in car garage remote and buy yourself and the wife a keychain remote and attach it to your car keys that way the remote is always with you. They are about the same size as a typical car unlock remote. Glad to hear everyone is ok.

We have one car, so I never have to park outside, but the garage door opener is something I never thought about until seeing this thread - it's basically like leaving a key to your house in plain view. It occurs to me that anybody who would break into my car at the train station parking lot could get my opener and address from the documents in my glove box.

For years I hung my dogtags from the rearview mirror of my car, until one day it occurred to me that I was basically advertising my SSN to anybody who happened by. Not smart.

Bwana
06-03-2009, 01:22 PM

Heh, My brother caught some punk in his car after breaking into it. Lets just say, the said punk took some serious abuse before the cops arrived to pick him up. (A little heavy / speed bag practice) The punk tried to press charges on my brother, but the cop just laughed and said "you must have fallen down while trying to get away."

Mr. Plow
06-03-2009, 02:03 PM
We have one car, so I never have to park outside, but the garage door opener is something I never thought about until seeing this thread - it's basically like leaving a key to your house in plain view. It occurs to me that anybody who would break into my car at the train station parking lot could get my opener and address from the documents in my glove box.

For years I hung my dogtags from the rearview mirror of my car, until one day it occurred to me that I was basically advertising my SSN to anybody who happened by. Not smart.

Uhhhh....I just realized, we park outside of our small garage....with garage door openers in the vehicles. I'll take care of that right now.

Reerun_KC
06-03-2009, 08:18 PM

Man that is almost as bad as a flaming bag of pooh...

Reerun_KC
06-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Yeah dude. I understand. Wife was with me when her apt got robbed and shook her to the core. It'll take awhile to get over for them. Just understand that they respond differently.

Wife got really scared, I got really pissed and wanted to kill something.
Posted via Mobile Device

Or someone!!!!

I am still pissed I didnt get the chance to confront them!!!!

Reerun_KC
06-03-2009, 08:22 PM

actually about 1-2 minutes afterwards... Pretty quick response time...

Now that we have had this, I am going to install a security camera system for the family and have it live feeding a monitor in a room...

DeezNutz
06-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Install a deadbolt on the door leading out to your garage.

Always a good idea because it's not unheard of for a neighbor's garage door opener to trigger your own. Likely? Nope. But I've actually seen it happen.

Reerun_KC
06-03-2009, 08:24 PM
see what pisses me off about situations like these, is that those useless pieces of trash have gotten away and will never get caught. They'll each have 5 kids at least and it makes me want to go vigilante on these people. The law won't/can't do anything.

Exactly, There seems to be NOTHING I can do at this point... I am still very frustrated about this....

Reerun_KC
06-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Install a deadbolt on the door leading out to your garage.

Always a good idea because it's not unheard of for a neighbor's garage door opener to trigger your own. Likely? Nope. But I've actually seen it happen.

have one on there.... But since they came through the garage door, they opened the back door and that was what triggered the alarm..

I SHOULD OF HAD ONE ON THE GARAGE DOOR ITSELF!

DeezNutz
06-03-2009, 08:26 PM
have one on there.... But since they came through the garage door, they opened the back door and that was what triggered the alarm..

I SHOULD OF HAD ONE ON THE GARAGE DOOR ITSELF!

Then how were they close to entering your home? In the garage the only door leading to your house was locked, right?

Fish
06-03-2009, 08:28 PM
2 words... Moat. Alligators.

DeezNutz
06-03-2009, 08:29 PM
By the way, glad everyone is safe.

You'll replace the stuff, though it's certainly a headache.

Fairplay
06-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Now that we have had this, I am going to install a security camera system for the family and have it live feeding a monitor in a room...

I presume it will tape everything for 24-48 hour span, should your family be asleep you can rewind the tape?

StcChief
06-03-2009, 08:49 PM
the were some attempted breakin here end of 2008-Jan 2009.... everybody is lookin out. Might have been the economy. Local cops are now cruisin a little more.

Reerun_KC
06-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Then how were they close to entering your home? In the garage the only door leading to your house was locked, right?

I have a door into the house and then one to outside off the garage. It looks like they tried to pick the lock to come into the house, but someone opened the door to the outside...

Reerun_KC
06-03-2009, 08:52 PM
I presume it will tape everything for 24-48 hour span, should your family be asleep you can rewind the tape?

Yes it will all be digital... it will hold up to a couple of days...

DeezNutz
06-03-2009, 08:52 PM
I have a door into the house and then one to outside off the garage. It looks like they tried to pick the lock to come into the house, but someone opened the door to the outside...

Gotcha.

Good thing they're stupid and everyone is ok.

Skip Towne
06-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Isn't your house pretty near Frontier City? I wasn't anywhere near that.

Reerun_KC
06-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Gotcha.

Good thing they're stupid and everyone is ok.

They just better get on their knees and thank God tonight that I didnt catch them...

I would of had them with their peckers in the dirt singing mary had a little lamb until the police got here...

Reerun_KC
06-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Something like this for video...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Security-First-DVR-Video-Surveillance-System-5005-NEW_W0QQitemZ120429860749QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0a2dd78d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A10%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Skip Towne
06-03-2009, 09:10 PM
They just better get on their knees and thank God tonight that I didnt catch them...

I would of had them with their peckers in the dirt singing mary had a little lamb until the police got here...

But you went to the garage without the shotgun the first time. Big talker.

Cannibal
06-03-2009, 09:15 PM
I don't have a gun yet. But I do have an authentic Samurai sword waiting on my mantle.

My plan is to wait by the side of the door and when the perp breaks in, I'll run him/her through the gut. I would swing for the fences, but I don't know how tall he/she will be and might miss.

After they have been chop sueyed, I'll drag the bleeding body to the tub to minimize spillage my floors. Then I'll call the cops.

Skip Towne
06-03-2009, 09:22 PM
I don't have a gun yet. But I do have an authentic Samurai sword waiting on my mantle.

My plan is to wait by the side of the door and when the perp breaks in, I'll run him/her through the gut. I would swing for the fences, but I don't know how tall he/she will be and might miss.

After they have been chop sueyed, I'll drag the bleeding body to the tub to minimize spillage my floors. Then I'll call the cops.

You're going to bring a knife to a gun fight? Bad idea.

Reerun_KC
06-03-2009, 09:24 PM
But you went to the garage without the shotgun the first time. Big talker.It was very close by.:D

Cannibal
06-03-2009, 09:26 PM
You're going to bring a knife to a gun fight? Bad idea.

They won't even know I'm there.

Skip Towne
06-03-2009, 09:27 PM
They won't even know I'm there.

You hope

Cannibal
06-03-2009, 09:29 PM
You hope

Seriously, you are right. I am thinking of getting some home protection. Especially in this economy. In the meantime, the sword will have to do.

Skip Towne
06-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Seriously, you are right. I am thinking of getting some home protection. Especially in this economy. In the meantime, the sword will have to do.

Seriously, I'd get a shotgun. As short as is legal.

Cannibal
06-03-2009, 09:33 PM

Are semi automatic shot guns legal? I don't know a lot about guns. But I'd much rather be able to fire several rounds without having to cock the weapon.

Skip Towne
06-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Are semi automatic shot guns legal? I don't know a lot about guns. But I'd much rather be able to fire several rounds without having to cock the weapon.

Don't know. Ask your local cops.

Buehler445
06-03-2009, 09:41 PM

Shotgun is the best bet. Get the shortest barrel possible and remove the choke. It will eliminate anything in the area. You don't need to aim too much.

Skip Towne
06-03-2009, 09:43 PM
It was very close by.:D

2nd place doesn't win you much.

Mr. Plow
06-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Yes it will all be digital... it will hold up to a couple of days...

Go VHS or Beta......wave of the future man.

Cannibal
06-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Interesting read:

http://www.learnaboutguns.com/2008/03/30/selecting-a-gun-for-home-defense/

DeezNutz
06-03-2009, 09:48 PM

Who gives a fuck.

Cannibal
06-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Looks like 18" is the shortest legal barrel length.

Skip Towne
06-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Who gives a fuck.

If you kill somebody the cops may take a look at your weapon.

DeezNutz
06-03-2009, 09:53 PM
If you kill somebody the cops may take a look at your weapon.

Good point.

Under the Castle Law, though, wonder if this would be more than a fine?

BWillie
06-03-2009, 09:56 PM
I hear Edmund is a nice neighborhood too. Probably some dumb kids. Time to set some booby traps.

Skip Towne
06-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Good point.

Under the Castle Law, though, wonder if this would be more than a fine?

A buddy of mine had his house burglarized and several of his guns were stolen. The cops caught them and recovered the guns. One of the shotguns was 2 inches two short so they charged my buddy with it.

DeezNutz
06-03-2009, 10:00 PM
A buddy of mine had his house burglarized and several of his guns were stolen. The cops caught them and recovered the guns. One of the shotguns was 2 inches two short so they charged my buddy with it.

That's a serious dick move.

Have a relative who is pretty proud of his sawed-off shotgun. And it's a very, very cool piece of equipment. But I never thought to raise this question to him before. Will now, though.

Cannibal
06-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Evidently the Remington 870 is a POS.

DeezNutz
06-03-2009, 10:02 PM
Evidently the Remington 870 is a POS.

Nonsense.

Remington 870 is a staple for shotguns. Can't go wrong.

Cannibal
06-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Nonsense.

Remington 870 is a staple for shotguns. Can't go wrong.

Most of the reviews I've read just now say the gun jams constantly. Not good for a home defense weapon.

DeezNutz
06-03-2009, 10:10 PM
Most of the reviews I've read just now say the gun jams constantly. Not good for a home defense weapon.

Not hardly.

For the money, it's probably the best gun you could buy.

Cannibal
06-03-2009, 10:12 PM
I'll be reading lots of reviews I suppose.

Bwana
06-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Not hardly.

For the money, it's probably the best gun you could buy.

This:

I have one of their assault models. 18 inch barrel and it holds eight 3 inch mag rounds. Fantastic gun.

Skip Towne
06-03-2009, 10:18 PM
This:

I have one of their assault models. 18 inch barrel and it holds eight 3 inch mag rounds. Fantastic gun.

Whoa! You could mow down up to 20 burglars. The mafia would be jealous.

Cannibal
06-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Well I read like 10 reviews just now and they were all negative. I'll read more on a different site and see if those reviews were just anomalies.

Cannibal
06-03-2009, 10:24 PM
http://www.mossberg.com/images/home/51523.jpg

DeezNutz
06-03-2009, 10:25 PM
This:

Here are two pretty reliable reviews to start with. Bwana's carries more weight than mine because this is something he knows a lot more about than me. Still, neither of us would bullshit you.

Heck, you could probably start a thread to solicit advice. I bet there are a lot of members on this board who own Remingtons.

Cannibal
06-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Here are two pretty reliable reviews to start with. Bwana's carries more weight than mine because this is something he knows a lot more about than me. Still, neither of us would bullshit you.

Heck, you could probably start a thread to solicit advice. I bet there are a lot of members on this board who own Remingtons.

You guys have made me think twice about disregarding it.

Buehler445
06-03-2009, 10:28 PM

Cabela's new CEO used to be the CEO of Remington. He said the 870 is the best selling gun for like 25 years straight or something absurd, but until the last couple years, it had a bent magazine. Came off the assembly line that way. They put in the Six Sigma Quality Control system and FINALLY got it fixed. I'd anticipate new ones don't do that anymore.

Cannibal
06-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Cabela's new CEO used to be the CEO of Remington. He said the 870 is the best selling gun for like 25 years straight or something absurd, but until the last couple years, it had a bent magazine. Came off the assembly line that way. They put in the Six Sigma Quality Control system and FINALLY got it fixed. I'd anticipate new ones don't do that anymore.

Ah, that must be the reason for those reviews.

Thanks!

Bwana
06-03-2009, 11:33 PM
A Benelli m4 super 90 is another toy I bought about a year ago. I got mine for $1100 and now they are at around $2500. It is one mean SOB. Video below.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyed7nZf9J4&feature=related

CrazyPhuD
06-04-2009, 01:53 AM
A Benelli m4 super 90 is another toy I bought about a year ago. I got mine for $1100 and now they are at around $2500. It is one mean SOB. Video below.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyed7nZf9J4&feature=related

Yep this will be my next shotgun. Although they run ~1600-1700 retail. They only run ~2500 if you buy the collapsible stock version, which you can't get anymore(except used). That to me has little value.

JuicesFlowing
06-04-2009, 02:28 AM
They are averaging more than 5 breakins a week here in Bristol Park subdivision.

Is law enforcement even trying to do anything about this? Seems a bit extreme.

Fairplay
06-04-2009, 07:04 AM
Not dissing guns or rifles but.....you have to be home and awake if burgeler breaks in. Usually they are in and out within 3 minutes i would guess.

If he knows your work schedule or if you are out of town that gun or rifle doesn't do much good. No one is at home 24/7 unless you are gochiefs.

Plus you don't have to worry about another idiot in the family to blow off your face accidently.

Better to get an alarm company.

Bwana
06-04-2009, 07:04 AM
Yep this will be my next shotgun. Although they run ~1600-1700 retail. They only run ~2500 if you buy the collapsible stock version, which you can't get anymore(except used). That to me has little value.

Mine has the collapsible stock. I bought mine more for an investment though. (It's not like they are going to drop in price) I have plenty of toys around here in the event all hell breaks loose. I just have that around in the box for future sale.

Fairplay
06-04-2009, 07:08 AM
I will move in with Bwana if all hell breaks loose.

Bwana
06-04-2009, 07:08 AM
Not dissing guns or rifles but.....you have to be home and awake if burgeler breaks in. Usually they are in and out within 3 minutes i would guess.

If he knows your work schedule or if you are out of town that gun or rifle doesn't do much good. No one is at home 24/7 unless you are gochiefs.

Plus you don't have to worry about another idiot in the family to blow off your face accidently.

Better to get an alarm company.

Four things: Guns, Alarm with camera's, motion lights, dog that will take a steak out of a robber.

Fairplay
06-04-2009, 07:11 AM
Four things: Guns, Alarm with camera's, motion lights, dog that will take a steak out of a robber.

A good dog is real good factor to have in the equation.

Bwana
06-04-2009, 07:16 AM
A good dog is real good factor to have in the equation. So are motion lights all over the place. I have some bright ones around here. I had to check with my neighbors after I installed some of them to make sure they weren't causing any issues with their sleeping. They were happy to have them there. I told them to let me know if they become a problem and I would tone them down. The ones in the alley off the garage light night up like day if anything gets within 25-30 feet of them, it's like looking into the sun. :)

sparkky
06-04-2009, 07:45 AM
Mossberg 590 shotty of choice for defense here.
Remmy 870, 20 years old or so, served me well back in the bird hunting days.

Nzoner
06-04-2009, 10:01 AM
How'd that turn out?

I pulled up saw that my window screen on the front porch was pulled back,a neighbor was working on his car and I asked him if he'd seen anyone at my place and he says,"yeah there was just a kid..." and then he saw the screen and I told him to call the cops.

I go up put key in the door and open just in time to see punk disappearing into the kitchen so I dash into my bedroom real close to front door and grab an empty gun,go back to door and yell,"I got a gun you little shit get your ass out here."

I knew he couldn't escape out the back because I had to door nailed shut and I hear him go down to the dirt basement,small,dark and nowhere to go so I stand there waiting on cops.Cop comes up on porch gun drawn and says put the gun down sir to which I say it isn't loaded and I get a look like you gotta be focking kidding me.

Lastly,the cops go down to the basement and I hear a boatload of noise like with a struggle and they come up about 10 minutes later dragging this kid across my floor.He's filthy and got his head down and cop pulls his head back so I can see him and it ends up being the kid mowing my lawn.Cops asked me if he'd ever been inside and I'm like yeah he asked for a drink of water and I let him come in the house.

Skip Towne
06-04-2009, 10:07 AM
I pulled up saw that my window screen on the front porch was pulled back,a neighbor was working on his car and I asked him if he'd seen anyone at my place and he says,"yeah there was just a kid..." and then he saw the screen and I told him to call the cops.

I go up put key in the door and open just in time to see punk disappearing into the kitchen so I dash into my bedroom real close to front door and grab an empty gun,go back to door and yell,"I got a gun you little shit get your ass out here."

I knew he couldn't escape out the back because I had to door nailed shut and I hear him go down to the dirt basement,small,dark and nowhere to go so I stand there waiting on cops.Cop comes up on porch gun drawn and says put the gun down sir to which I say it isn't loaded and I get a look like you gotta be focking kidding me.

Lastly,the cops go down to the basement and I hear a boatload of noise like with a struggle and they come up about 10 minutes later dragging this kid across my floor.He's filthy and got his head down and cop pulls his head back so I can see him and it ends up being the kid mowing my lawn.Cops asked me if he'd ever been inside and I'm like yeah he asked for a drink of water and I let him come in the house.

That's a good way to get real dead real quick

Nzoner
06-04-2009, 10:08 AM
That's a good way to get real dead real quick

No doubt,I was livid though,just not using my head.

Skip Towne
06-04-2009, 10:26 AM
No doubt,I was livid though,just not using my head.

I meant the burglar. Some guys would have shot him.

Fish
06-04-2009, 10:27 AM
http://www.waydownhere.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/whatsnew-thejudge.jpg

EyePod
06-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Your wife shouldn't drink while driving.

Nzoner
06-04-2009, 10:53 AM
I meant the burglar. Some guys would have shot him.

heh,sorry,I thought you were being like the cop,he couldn't believe I was standing there with an empty gun.

Frazod
06-04-2009, 11:04 AM
heh,sorry,I thought you were being like the cop,he couldn't believe I was standing there with an empty gun.

So what happened to the burglar? Did he do any real time, or just get a slap on the wrist?

Nzoner
06-04-2009, 11:11 AM
So what happened to the burglar? Did he do any real time, or just get a slap on the wrist?

He was a juvy with apparently quite a record already,so he got sent to a kid's center.Shortly after that I come home one night and there's cop cars everywhere,come to find out the same kid and another had overtaken a guard and stolen his car and like dumbshits had come back to the old neighborhood.

BTW,if you haven't guessed this area I was living in was bad,but we were just starting out and it was all we could afford,thankfully,we were able to move within a year.