PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs RUMOR ALERT: Marvin Harrison to KC?

Pages : [1] 2

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Jack Monahan, a local sports reporter here in St. Joseph, just said locally on sports radio here that Tom Condon is currently in discussions with the Chiefs on bringing in Marvin Harrison. They are discussing a base one year, $800K deal. If Harrison catches 50 passes or suits up for 12 games, the value of the contract would increase up to $3 million.

This is the first time I have heard this news. I haven't found anything regarding this rumor on Google news search.

Don't crucify me, this came from another source.

Hammock Parties
06-03-2009, 07:51 PM
If Harrison can stay healthy I'd rather have him out there than a tight end who's almost as old.

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Bring him in, and then Harrison, Engram and Bradley can combine for 16 games healthy at the #2 WR position.

Mecca
06-03-2009, 07:52 PM
We should build a team based upon everyone being 35 years old, it's brilliant.

DeezNutz
This signing would make more sense if we had drafted Sanchez.

Sweet Daddy Hate
Bring him in, and then Harrison, Engram and Bradley can combine for 16 games healthy at the #2 WR position.

LMAO

"Keep your feet on the ground, and keep reaching for the stars"!
http://www.foxfm.com/images/kasey.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-03-2009, 07:53 PM

How so?

DaKCMan AP
06-03-2009, 07:54 PM
I thought his knees were done.

DeezNutz
06-03-2009, 07:54 PM
How so?

We would have taken him at #3. He was still available.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-03-2009, 07:57 PM
We would have taken him at #3. He was still available.

Unless your attempting to stir the shit, I'm really not following you.

Arrowhead D
06-03-2009, 07:58 PM
has always been one of my favorite WR'S if he can still bring it it's an upgrade

BigChiefFan
06-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Whatever it takes to instill a winning mentality.

Mecca
06-03-2009, 07:59 PM
If Harrison could still bring it he'd still be on the Colts.

DeezNutz
06-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Unless your attempting to stir the shit, I'm really not following you.

No. Never.

Mile High Mania
I think it's a great 1 year addition if they make it happen... would hate to see it.

Arrowhead D
ok if he's half the player he once was it's still an upgrade

BigChiefFan
06-03-2009, 08:01 PM
If Harrison could still bring it he'd still be on the Colts.Just because he's on the downside, doesn't mean he couldn't contribute and give Cassel another weapon as a stop-gap until we can groom our own.
We have to spend up to the minimum. I don't see the problem. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

doomy3
06-03-2009, 08:03 PM
I don't see how it could hurt anything. $800k deal, no risk. If he plays well, then bonus. Not exactly like he would be stealing PT away from anyone worth anything.

Mecca
06-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Did any of you watch him last year, he's done. WR is that position you can go from good to done in the snap of a finger.

Mr. Krab
06-03-2009, 08:04 PM
The world would just make more sense if we had Sanchez.

Arrowhead D
06-03-2009, 08:05 PM
at the very least it will greatly improve depth at the position and he still has better hands and is prob still a better route runner than anyone currently on the roster

TEX
06-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Did any of you watch him last year, he's done. WR is that position you can go from good to done in the snap of a finger.

Yep. DONE. But on this team he could still start opposite Bowe...

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2009, 08:07 PM
I don't see how it could hurt anything. $800k deal, no risk. If he plays well, then bonus. Not exactly like he would be stealing PT away from anyone worth anything.

I agree to an extent, I'm just not a fan of signing people you can't count on to suit up regularly.

Yeah, he adds depth, but he's basically the same as all the other guys behind Bowe - guys you can't count on to play every week.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-03-2009, 08:08 PM
No. Never.

LMAO

Saul Good
06-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Are we running the 3-4 y/o offense to go with the 3-4 y/o defense?

Arrowhead D
06-03-2009, 08:10 PM
i'm so sure he would beat out bradley or ingram but the younger recievers especially bowe could learn alot from this guy even if he's a #4 WR

Arrowhead D
06-03-2009, 08:11 PM
correction: NOT so sure

BigChiefFan
06-03-2009, 08:11 PM
$800,000 for a player who could contribute for a year, until we can upgrade the position is a no-brainer. If he doesn't contribute, we're out less than a million, big whoop. If he sucks, he doesn't make the team.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Are we running the 3-4 y/o offense to go with the 3-4 y/o defense?

We runnin' the "yo-yo" defense, yo'.

boogblaster
06-03-2009, 08:27 PM
He's not the player he was but could help the younger guys .. 800 thou is cheap coaching ...

Priest31kc
06-03-2009, 08:28 PM

Exactly.

Fish
06-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Fuck... what's Jerry Rice doing?

alanm
06-03-2009, 08:32 PM
The world would just make more sense if we had Sanchez.Well shit, Everyone who had a tantrum on draft day knows that. :deevee:

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-03-2009, 08:33 PM

ROFL(Literally) Rep!

Micjones
06-03-2009, 08:33 PM
I love the idea that the Chiefs should conduct business based on the situation in Indianapolis.

Let's just forget that Reggie Wayne, Anthony Gonzalez, Dallas Clark, and Dominic Rhodes combined for something like 3,000 yards and 19 receiving TD's.

Yeah, we can afford to sneeze at 636 yards and 5 TD's here in Kansas City.
Especially when only 1 Receiver on this roster had anything close to that last year.

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2009, 08:34 PM

LMAO

We should call Rod Smith as well, just to stick it to the Broncos.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-03-2009, 08:36 PM
LMAO

:LOL: I'm down.

WildTurkey
06-03-2009, 08:36 PM
LMAO

Don't forget Tim Brown.... can't forget to stick it to the raiders as well

Thig Lyfe
06-03-2009, 08:40 PM
TO DA ROPES

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-03-2009, 08:43 PM
TO DA ROPES

LMAO:clap:

Deberg_1990
06-03-2009, 08:45 PM

Its not meant to build a team that way. Its meant to bridge a gap.

New England always filled in holes with aging vets for minumum prices.

KCChiefsMan
06-03-2009, 08:47 PM
they were showing video of Harrison last year explaining why the Colts let him go and why he's still out there, he's done.

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Its not meant to build a team that way. Its meant to bridge a gap.

Bridge a gap to what?

When guys like Vrabel, Thomas, Engram, Harrison etc are all gone next year, then what?

Any young players we have at those positions aren't in any better position to step in because they don't have any experience.

Herm Edwards was a HORRIBLE HC, but as much as people hate to admit it, playing young players and getting them experience will make you a better team in the long run.

RedThat
06-03-2009, 08:50 PM
At least we know Marvin Harrison is better then Mark Bradley, Jeff Webb, Bobby Engram?

RedThat
06-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Bridge a gap to what?

When guys like Vrabel, Thomas, Engram, Harrison etc are all gone next year, then what?

Any young players we have at those positions aren't in any better position to step in because they don't have any experience.

Herm Edwards was a HORRIBLE HC, but as much as people hate to admit it, playing young players and getting them experience will make you a better team in the long run.

Id like to think that,except, most of the guys he drafted arent that good.

BigChiefFan
06-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Bridge a gap to what?

Herm Edwards was a HORRIBLE HC, but as much as people hate to admit it, playing young players and getting them experience will make you a better team in the long run.It buys us TIME, until we can't get a more permanent solution.

OnTheWarpath15
At least we know Marvin Harrison is better then Mark Bradley, Jeff Webb, Bobby Engram?

I still think that's questionable, because of the injuries.

There's not a single player you listed that you can count on at the #2 WR position, and that's damn scary. Just throwing bodies at it isn't going to solve the problem.

OnTheWarpath15
Id like to think that,except, most of the guys he drafted arent that good.

We don't know that yet, seeing as how HE was the one coaching them...

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2009, 08:55 PM
It buys us TIME, until we can't get a more permanent solution.

Playing ANYONE buys us time.

Playing a younger option not only buys that time, but gives the young player some experience, and gives the staff an opportunity to determine if he's an answer sooner rather than later.

Actually, now that I think about it, playing the older player COSTS us time, because another year goes by with no understanding of what we have as far as depth moving into those spots.

Mr_Tomahawk
06-03-2009, 08:55 PM
FUCK!...If Harrison comes here...you got a 50/50 chance of gettin capped when you go wash your car!!

RedThat
06-03-2009, 09:02 PM
I still think that's questionable, because of the injuries.

There's not a single player you listed that you can count on at the #2 WR position, and that's damn scary. Just throwing bodies at it isn't going to solve the problem.

Harrisons been pretty healthy throughout his career with the exception of 2007 where he played 5 games.

I think both Engram and Harrison can contribute. Either one of them may not be the best #2 WR's, but I think you'll get some solid play out of those guys. Im ok if the Chiefs can spread the ball...One guy doesn't necessarily have to be that #2 WR imo.

Just Passin' By
06-03-2009, 09:06 PM

Playing a younger option not only buys that time, but gives the young player some experience, and gives the staff an opportunity to determine if he's an answer sooner rather than later.

Actually, now that I think about it, playing the older player COSTS us time, because another year goes by with no understanding of what we have as far as depth moving into those spots.

Could you kindly list all the future Pro Bowl and All Pro wide receivers that are currently on the Chiefs and would be benched by the signing of Harrison?

BigChiefFan
06-03-2009, 09:08 PM

Actually, now that I think about it, playing the older player COSTS us time, because another year goes by with no understanding of what we have as far as depth moving into those spots.To me, it's very simple, either those young players TAKE the position or we'll still be looking next year, anyway. Again, a one year deal doesn't set anybody back. They're either good enough or their not. Competition is NEVER a bad thing. Harrison either proves he deserves a roster spot or he doesn't make the team. I want the players that give us the best chance to win-that's contagious and will help lay the foundation for a change in attitude, LONG-TERM.

TRR
06-03-2009, 09:11 PM
I am all for bringing Marvin Harrison in. He could definitely help our depth at WR, and gives us another threat in the passing game. Especially with the questions surrounding Bradley's health and Engram's age.

I'm not sure why some posters on here think every signing needs to be young. The team has to be a good mix of up and coming players, and veterans who can teach the up and coming players how to get it done. This team needs to get back on a winning track to establish the mindset of winning. Players like Zack Thomas, Mike Vrabel, Bobby Engram, and possibly Marvin Harrison can turn things around, and get these young kids to understand how it's done.

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Could you kindly list all the future Pro Bowl and All Pro wide receivers that are currently on the Chiefs and would be benched by the signing of Harrison?

I agree to an extent, I'm just not a fan of signing people you can't count on to suit up regularly.

Yeah, he adds depth, but he's basically the same as all the other guys behind Bowe - guys you can't count on to play every week.

Apparently you have a reading comprehension problem.

I'm not against the signing of Harrison specifically, but as I've pointed out prefer the "youth movement" approach over the "sign every has-been to fill holes" approach

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2009, 09:15 PM
I am all for bringing Marvin Harrison in. He could definitely help our depth at WR, and gives us another threat in the passing game. Especially with the questions surrounding Bradley's health and Engram's age.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2gwgp4j.jpg

Let's just ignore the concerns about Harrison's health and the fact that he's the same age as Engram.

Just Passin' By
06-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Apparently you have a reading comprehension problem.

...Playing a younger option not only buys that time, but gives the young player some experience, and gives the staff an opportunity to determine if he's an answer sooner rather than later.

Apparently I don't. Again, who are these budding young star wide receivers that will be set back by Marvin Harrison joining the team? Your point only has some validity if those potential players are currently on the roster.

Buzzsaw
06-03-2009, 09:17 PM
He's got some of the best hands for a receiver I've ever seen. He'd be a solid signing for KC for that reason alone IMO.

Micjones
06-03-2009, 09:19 PM
There isn't a WR on this team who will suffer from a Harrison signing.
Webb's had his chance. Bradley likely won't stay healthy, but on the off chance that he does...he'll be able to compete for the starting job. Engram was signed to play in the slot.

TRR
06-03-2009, 09:19 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/2gwgp4j.jpg

Let's just ignore the concerns about Harrison's health and the fact that he's the same age as Engram.

I knew someone was going to bring that up. I'm simply saying that Harrison would be good depth in case either of those two had issues, or vice versa. Relax.

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Apparently I don't. Again, who are these budding young star wide receivers that will be set back by Marvin Harrison joining the team?

Was I speaking SPECIFICALLY to the WR position in those posts?

Didn't think so - only to the concept of going with youth instead of filling holes with has-beens.

Keep throwing shit against the wall, maybe you'll eventually get something to stick.

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2009, 09:21 PM
I knew someone was going to bring that up. I'm simply saying that Harrison would be good depth in case either of those two had issues, or vice versa. Relax.

You said it.

keg in kc
06-03-2009, 09:22 PM
I don't know, I think we're so talent rich at wide receiver that we really don't need to bring in a future hall of famer. I mean, just look at the depth chart. It's a veritable nebula of young stars waiting to explode.

Just Passin' By
06-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Was I speaking SPECIFICALLY to the WR position in those posts?

Didn't think so - only to the concept of going with youth instead of filling holes with has-beens.

Keep throwing shit against the wall, maybe you'll eventually get something to stick.

Is Marvin Harrison coming in to play defensive end?

Let's take your point about youth and apply it.

Not counting this year's draft picks, who shouldn't be starting unless they are truly ready, which young players on this team should not have a veteran in front of them (based upon your argument) because they've shown real potential, but do as a result of Pioli's signings?

P.S. I get your point in the abstract, even if I think it's flawed. I just don't get how it applies to Harrison or anyone else that's been signed by Pioli to date. Since this was a thread about Harrison, naturally I asked about young wide receivers.

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2009, 09:23 PM
There isn't a WR on this team who will suffer from a Harrison signing.
Webb's had his chance. Bradley likely won't stay healthy, but on the off chance that he does...he'll be able to compete for the starting job. Engram was signed to play in the slot.

I agree, and have said as much, much to JPB's disappointment.

But you have to admit, mic, that between Harrison, Engram and Bradley, they might be lucky to combine for a full 16 game season.

That doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

OnTheWarpath15
Is Marvin Harrison coming in to play defensive end?

Looks like we have another JASONSAUTO clone.

Arrowhead D
yes some of the best hands in the league along with being an outstanding route runner and has priceless savvy and an understanding of how to play the position

Mr. Flopnuts
06-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Let's just move past the notion that Harrison will be a cheap coach at that contract. He's always been a terrible teammate if memory serves me correctly. He's not vocal, or friendly with anyone but his quarterback.

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Let's just move past the notion that Harrison will be a cheap coach at that contract. He's always been a terrible teammate if memory serves me correctly. He's not vocal, or friendly with anyone but his quarterback.

Oh, now you're going to get it.

TRR
06-03-2009, 09:25 PM
You said it.

And it made perfect sense. There are questions about all three WR's in Bradley, Engram, and Harrison. However, all three are better than any other WR on the KC roster not named Dwayne Bowe.

If Dwayne Bowe were to go down for an extended amount of time, I would feel a lot better about Harrison being here rather than relying on Jeff Webb or Davard Darling to finally step up. The same story applies to Bradley and Engram.

Micjones
06-03-2009, 09:26 PM
I agree, and have said as much, much to JPB's disappointment.

But you have to admit, mic, that between Harrison, Engram and Bradley, they might be lucky to combine for a full 16 game season.

That doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Of the three, I'm most concerned about Bradley...
Currently our best option for the #2 WR spot. That's my concern.
If he were capable of staying healthy this would be a non-issue.
I expect the trio to play in more than 16 games combined. Even when considering past injuries.

Arrowhead D
06-03-2009, 09:27 PM
i think that with his knowledge he could very well help bowe take that next step from being a good reciever to a great reciever

Micjones
06-03-2009, 09:28 PM

I'll take leadership by example any day of the week.

OnTheWarpath15
And it made perfect sense. There are questions about all three WR's in Bradley, Engram, and Harrison. However, all three are better than any other WR on the KC roster not named Dwayne Bowe.

If Dwayne Bowe were to go down for an extended amount of time, I would feel a lot better about Harrison being here rather than relying on Jeff Webb or Davard Darling to finally step up. The same story applies to Bradley and Engram.

I'm not trying to be an ass here, but WHY would you feel better about him being here?

Because of his last name?

He has the EXACT same concerns as Engram and Bradley do. He gets a pass just because he's Marvin Harrison?

Again, I'm not against signing him.

I am, however, concerned about the fact that you cannot count on anyone in the WR corp outside of Bowe.

Buzzsaw

I've heard the same thing(s). That said, you can also lead by example. He's not going to dog it and he's going to catch every ball that comes his way.

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Of the three, I'm most concerned about Bradley...
Currently our best option for the #2 WR spot. That's my concern.
If he were capable of staying healthy this would be a non-issue.
I expect the trio to play in more than 16 games combined. Even when considering past injuries.

I'm the opposite. I'm least concerned about Bradley.

I'm more concerned about the 36 year olds with injury concerns than the 27 year old with similar concerns.

As Mecca said, at that age, you lose it in a snap of the fingers.

And like I've said repeatedly, you cannot count on ANY of them to play regularly.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-03-2009, 09:30 PM

I've heard the same thing(s). That said, you can also lead by example. He's not going to dog it and he's going to catch every ball that comes his way.

So nobody cares that he's an asshole to his teammates? How is that leadership on any level?

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2009, 09:31 PM

What example is that?

Does that mean that TO is a leader because he performs on the field, but is a terrible teammate?

doomy3
06-03-2009, 09:32 PM

Oh, now you're going to get it.

No, that is actually the first legitimate reason in this thread why you should consider not signing him. Not his age or anything like that. Not on this team.

Micjones
I'm not trying to be an ass here, but WHY would you feel better about him being here?

He has the EXACT same concerns as Engram and Bradley do. He gets a pass just because he's Marvin Harrison?

I am, however, concerned about the fact that you cannot count on anyone in the WR corp outside of Bowe.

All things being equal who's most likely to give you #2 WR numbers?

TRR

I think this will answer your question...
1,102 catches / 14,580 yards / 13.2 ypc / 128 TD's

Even at his age, to think a WR of his caliber brings nothing to KC's WR corp is ridiculous.

Micjones
06-03-2009, 09:34 PM
What example is that?

Does that mean that TO is a leader because he performs on the field, but is a terrible teammate?

Me thinks that's a pretty bad comparison for you to make.
Harrison is nothing like Owens.

And, yes, I tend to think that an NFL player with the kind of pedigree Harrison has can absolutely rub off on a guy like Dwayne Bowe.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Think about the day the Raiders signed Jerry Rice. Now what was your first thought? At least Rice was a good teammate and he certainly had more to contribute to Oakland at the time than Marvin is going to bring to KC.

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2009, 09:35 PM
I think this will answer your question...
1,102 catches / 14,580 yards / 13.2 ypc / 128 TD's

Even at his age, to think a WR of his caliber brings nothing to KC's WR corp is ridiculous.

I swear, fans of this team think it's routine for players to maintain a level of greatness into their late 30's.

He WAS a great WR.

He is no longer.

Is he better than what we have outside of Bowe?

I'd say he's not better than Engram or Bradley, seeing as how you can't count on any of them to play when it matters.

Who gives a shit if you have an all-world WR on the team if he's sitting in the press box come Sunday?

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Me thinks that's a pretty bad comparison for you to make.
Harrison is nothing like Owens.

And, yes, I tend to think that an NFL player with the kind of pedigree Harrison has can absolutely rub off on a guy like Dwayne Bowe.

So, it basically comes down to the fact that you like Harrison, but don't like Owens.

I'm still trying to figure out how being a shitty teammate is a positive that we hope rubs of on Dwayne Bowe...

Micjones
06-03-2009, 09:37 PM
I swear, fans of this team think it's routine for players to maintain a level of greatness into their late 30's.

He WAS a great WR.

He is no longer.

I'd say he's not better than Engram or Bradley, seeing as how you can't count on any of them to play when it matters.

Who gives a shit if you have an all-world WR on the team if he's sitting in the press box come Sunday?

Think he's still a GOOD WR?
I don't believe that Harrison is as bad as the 2008 numbers indicate.
I also don't think he's as good as the 2006 numbers indicate.

I think he's probably somewhere in the middle.
I'll take 800 yards and 7 TD's from him. Gladly.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-03-2009, 09:37 PM
So, it basically comes down to the fact that you like Harrison, but don't like Owens.

I'm still trying to figure out how being a shitty teammate is a positive that we hope rubs of on Dwayne Bowe...

Owens may be a diva, but he's going to be on the field every week and has no run ins with the law. He's not out there shooting anyone, and picking on autograph seeking teenage fans. Harrison is a douchebag to the seventh degree.

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Think about the day the Raiders signed Jerry Rice. Now what was your first thought? At least Rice was a good teammate and he certainly had more to contribute to Oakland at the time than Marvin is going to bring to KC.

I'm thinking more along the lines of the trade to Seattle.

There's no way in hell that Harrison brings what Rice accomplished in Oakland.

Probably not even HALF of that.

TRR
06-03-2009, 09:38 PM

He WAS a great WR.

He is no longer.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree then. The issue is that your comparing Harrison strictly to Engram and Bradley. All while not understanding that JUST LAST SEASON Harrison had a better year than both of them.

Micjones
06-03-2009, 09:40 PM

Precisely...
The history be damned.
:rolleyes:

I don't recall having heard about Harrison being a bad teammate prior to the gun-related off the field incident.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-03-2009, 09:40 PM

I don't think he's THAT washed up, but I think the risk vs. reward is slated much heavier on the risk side. Too many opportunities for disaster with this guy around our young, coming together team.

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Think he's still a GOOD WR?
I don't believe that Harrison is as bad as the 2008 numbers indicate.
I also don't think he's as good as the 2006 numbers indicate.

I think he's probably somewhere in the middle.
I'll take 800 yards and 7 TD's from him. Gladly.

Then I'll say you're very optimistic.

I'm thinking Jerry Rice in Seattle.

350-500 yards and 2-3 TD's.

He's 36 and declining quickly.

If we did sign him, I'd be willing to make an avatar bet that either Engram and/or Bradley out-produce him. (provided they are all on Opening Day roster.)

Micjones

Harrison could absolutely post numbers comparable to Rice's 2003 season in Oakland.

Just Passin' By

You don't want Harrison's personal life to be followed by any of the receivers. You do want his professional approach to practice to be followed by them. I, personally, think Pioli should think long and hard before making this move, but it's not because of Harrison's age. It's because, unlike Engram, Vrabel and Thomas, this guy is not likely to be a helpful locker room presence.

You and I actually aren't so very far apart on this issue. I just don't see any likely "great" players being held back by the veterans they've signed so far.

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2009, 09:42 PM
I guess we will have to agree to disagree then. The issue is that your comparing Harrison strictly to Engram and Bradley. All while not understanding that JUST LAST SEASON Harrison had a better year than both of them.

Yeah, Peyton Manning has that effect.

LMAO

BarrySPAMAID
06-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Are we seriously worried about Marvin Harrison? If Pioli decides to sign him, I will stand by his decision. He knows more than I do. If he doesn't, I wont lose any sleep.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Harrison could absolutely post numbers comparable to Rice's 2003 season in Oakland.

I disagree. I think he's somewhere in the middle of that and the Seattle last supper. He's not going to be a full time player, and he's probably not going to get much over halfway to 1000 yards. He's old. And he's a hermit. He brings very little to the table IMO.

Micjones
06-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Then I'll say you're very optimistic.

I'm thinking Jerry Rice in Seattle.

350-500 yards and 2-3 TD's.

He's 36 and declining quickly.

If we did sign him, I'd be willing to make an avatar bet that either Engram and/or Bradley out-produce him. (provided they are all on Opening Day roster.)

I believe Engram could do that. Not so sure about Bradley.
Marvin Harrison's 2008 receiving totals are only slightly inferior to Bradley's CAREER numbers.

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2009, 09:44 PM
You don't want Harrison's personal life to be followed by any of the receivers. You do want his professional approach to practice to be followed by them. I, personally, think Pioli should think long and hard before making this move, but it's not because of Harrison's age. It's because, unlike Engram, Vrabel and Thomas, this guy is not likely to be a helpful locker room presence.

You and I actually aren't so very far apart on this issue. I just don't see any likely "great" players being held back by the veterans they've signed so far.

What you don't seem to get is, that I don't think so either.

That doesn't change the fact that I prefer the rebuild with youth approach over the filling holes with has-beens approach.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-03-2009, 09:45 PM
I disagree. I think he's somewhere in the middle of that and the Seattle last supper. He's not going to be a full time player, and he's probably not going to get much over halfway to 1000 yards. He's old. And he's a hermit. He brings very little to the table IMO.

LMAO :clap:

Mr. Flopnuts
06-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Are we seriously worried about Marvin Harrison? If Pioli decides to sign him, I will stand by his decision. He knows more than I do. If he doesn't, I wont lose any sleep.

I'm not worried about anything in the 1st year of the new regime. But when shit happens, I'm not afraid to analyze the situation rather than just blindly drink the..............

http://ottawainvestmentadvisor.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/kool-aid.jpg

DeezNutz
Pass on Harrison to lock down the receiving corp...compounds the mistake we made by not trying to land Pace to protect Cassel's blind side.

Full of fail.

TRR

LMAO

Who didn't see that response coming? It has nothing to do with who he's throwing to either...

Bottom line is Harrison had a better year LAST SEASON than anyone not named Dwayne Bowe on KC's roster. If you remove the 2007 season from Harrison's career (missed 11 games), he has only missed 7 games in 13 NFL seasons. He isn't injury prone...put that to rest. He's an aging vet that would instantly be KC's 2nd best WR.

If Bradley could beat him out and stay healthy for once in his career...great. Engram isn't moving from the slot, so he is entrenched there.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Pass on Harrison to lock down the receiving corp...compounds the mistake we made by not trying to land Pace to protect Cassel's blind side.

Full of fail.

I hear Javon Kearse might be available if the price is right too. A 2nd rounder? Kearse is a beast!!!

OnTheWarpath15

Full of fail.

LMAO

You are full of fucking win.

One of the few reasons I keep coming back.

Just Passin' By

Well, he runs his routes well, and he catches the ball. The question on the field is whether or not he can still beat coverage. I don't think he can be anything more than an average #2 at this point, and he's probably more like a #3. But, as some people have pointed out repeatedly in one way or another, it's not as if this offense is loaded with weapons for Cassel to use. I have reservations about this move for the Chiefs, but I could see why Pioli would bring him in on a low risk, easy cut kind of deal.

Chiefnj2
Didn't the Colts want to sign him to a lesser deal, but he refused to restructure? I don't see him signing a contract for vet minimum (even with incentives) at least until the regular season starts.

stevieray

LMAO..as does catching the ball.

I think sometimes we tend to credit individuals when it never really is just one person....not in this game.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-03-2009, 09:49 PM
I'm not worried about anything in the 1st year of the new regime. But when shit happens, I'm not afraid to analyze the situation rather than just blindly drink the..............

Barry IS the Kool-Aid Overlord, but he's an optimistic guy who just wants to win.
And is not a douche about it.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Well, he runs his routes well, and he catches the ball. The question on the field is whether or not he can still beat coverage. I don't think he can be anything more than an average #2 at this point, and he's probably more like a #3. But, as some people have pointed out repeatedly in one way or another, it's not as if this offense is loaded with weapons for Cassel to use. I have reservations about this move for the Chiefs, but I could see why Pioli would bring him in on a low risk, easy cut kind of deal.

At some point though we have to realize that there is a good likability the guy is going to need a walker to finish those routes.

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2009, 09:50 PM
..as does catching the ball.

I think sometimes we tend to credit individuals when it never really is just one person....not in this game.

C'mon, Steve.

Does Marvin Harrison rack up those stats with Damon Huard and Tyler Thigpen throwing to him, instead of one of the greatest QB's of all time?

The needle falls much, much closer to "Manning made Harrison" than it does "Harrison made Manning."

Just Passin' By
06-03-2009, 09:51 PM
What you don't seem to get is, that I don't think so either.

That doesn't change the fact that I prefer the rebuild with youth approach over the filling holes with has-beens approach.

I get it just fine. It's why I asked you to list the players, since this thread was in regards to Harrison. Seriously, we're not far apart on this. I don't think you just turn it over to the young players because I prefer to have them earn the jobs, but I can see that approach and I don't think it's inherently bad.

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Didn't the Colts want to sign him to a lesser deal, but he refused to restructure? I don't see him signing a contract for vet minimum (even with incentives) at least until the regular season starts.

Much less for a team that has zero chance of winning a championship in his final year or two.

For the vet minimum, he'd be stupid not to take a spot as a #3/#4 guy on a contender, and get a chance at another ring.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-03-2009, 09:53 PM
And another thing. How much of a clusterfuck does this team appear to be in after shifting from an average of 26 to an average age of 36 over the span of 1 offseason? Oh, and we're apparently going to completely throw away that top 5 pick that so many people around here pined for last year while rooting for the Chiefs to lose. I don't know, I want to win too, but wtf are we doing?

I know, I know, new regime and Pioli's top tier talent. Why the rush? Why not work with what you have rather than try to force everything?

Just Passin' By
06-03-2009, 09:54 PM
At some point though we have to realize that there is a good likability the guy is going to need a walker to finish those routes.

But that's where an easy contract and training camp comes in. Don't get me wrong, because I think the Chiefs would be better off waiting to see what shakes loose. I just can't get worked up about a low risk, easy cut contract that's based mostly upon performance bonuses.

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2009, 09:55 PM
And another thing. How much of a clusterfuck does this team appear to be in after shifting from an average of 26 to an average age of 36 over the span of 1 offseason? Oh, and we're apparently going to completely throw away that top 5 pick that so many people around here pined for last year while rooting for the Chiefs to lose. I don't know, I want to win too, but wtf are we doing?

I know, I know, new regime and Pioli's top tier talent. Why the rush? Why not work with what you have rather than try to force everything?

But, PIOLI!

stevieray
06-03-2009, 09:56 PM
C'mon, Steve.

Does Marvin Harrison rack up those stats with Damon Huard and Tyler Thigpen throwing to him, instead of one of the greatest QB's of all time?

The needle falls much, much closer to "Manning made Harrison" than it does "Harrison made Manning."

..they helped make each other, IMO.

a good receiver is a good receiver, even with a medicore QB....like great QB with medicore recievers..same diffrence..sometimes he's gonna make the throws and somethimes you need the great catch..they balance out.. Its another vet whilst rebuilding...we aren't going to be a wonder team of superstars...I think anyone expecting that is going to be disappointed.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-03-2009, 09:57 PM
But that's where an easy contract and training camp comes in. Don't get me wrong, because I think the Chiefs would be better off waiting to see what shakes loose. I just can't get worked up about a low risk, easy cut contract that's based mostly upon performance bonuses.

Again, I'm not worked up. It's year 1 of a new regime that I have longed for. It's just been full of questions for me to this point. I'll be tuned in and happy to give the benefit of the doubt, but I'll always question things that don't make sense to me, and Marvin Harrison. Does. Not. Make. Sense.

http://www.teamteabag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/0330chewbacca.jpg

DeezNutz
06-03-2009, 09:58 PM
I hear Javon Kearse might be available if the price is right too. A 2nd rounder? Kearse is a beast!!!

I feel like I'm listening to local sports talk radio.

TRR
06-03-2009, 09:59 PM
And another thing. How much of a cluster**** does this team appear to be in after shifting from an average of 26 to an average age of 36 over the span of 1 offseason? Oh, and we're apparently going to completely throw away that top 5 pick that so many people around here pined for last year while rooting for the Chiefs to lose. I don't know, I want to win too, but wtf are we doing?

You have to see the entire picture here. While KC has signed a couple of aging vets, they also released/didn't re-sign several veteran players like Pat Surtain, Donnie Edwards, Damon Huard, and David Macklin, and traded away Tony Gonzalez.

The average age of the team is still very similiar to last season.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-03-2009, 09:59 PM
I feel like I'm listening to local sports talk radio.

Flopnuts Drive Time, bitches!!!!!

COOOOOME OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!~!!!!!

DeezNutz
06-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Flopnuts Drive Time, bitches!!!!!

COOOOOME OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!~!!!!!

LMAO

Micjones
06-03-2009, 10:00 PM
C'mon, Steve.

REALLY?
The same Peyton Manning who has had only two other WR's amass 1,000 receiving yards since his career began in 1998?

I think the two were pretty special individually and even more special collectively.

DeezNutz
06-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Hey, where's Dane? Haven't seen that dude post in a little bit. Hope he's ok.

Normally, he'd be all over a thread like this.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-03-2009, 10:02 PM
You have to see the entire picture here. While KC has signed a couple of aging vets, they also released/didn't re-sign several veteran players like Pat Surtain, Donnie Edwards, Damon Huard, and David Macklin, and traded away Tony Gonzalez.

The average age of the team is still very similiar to last season.

I know I was exaggerating, but we've signed some old mofo's.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-03-2009, 10:03 PM

Viva Viagra!

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Again, I'm not worked up. It's year 1 of a new regime that I have longed for. It's just been full of questions for me to this point. I'll be tuned in and happy to give the benefit of the doubt, but I'll always question things that don't make sense to me, and Marvin Harrison. Does. Not. Make. Sense.

http://www.teamteabag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/0330chewbacca.jpg

How dare you question Pioli?

He has 3 SB rings. He is infallible.

LaChapelle
06-03-2009, 10:04 PM
LJ is a choirboy compared to Harrison. DV is rolling in his grave.

BarrySPAMAID
06-03-2009, 10:08 PM
BOBBIE SIPPIO!!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
06-03-2009, 10:08 PM
How dare you question Pioli?

He has 3 SB rings. He is infallible.

I've been told I'm not a true fan.

TRR
06-03-2009, 10:09 PM

Old Mofo's that should have some left in the tank, and have a very good work ethic. Thomas and Vrabel should be very solid, and Engram is an all around good guy. You add those three with Harrison, and it pretty much equals out the veteran departures of Gonzalez, Huard, Edwards, and Surtain.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-03-2009, 10:09 PM
BOBBIE SIPPIO!!!!

Dude had glue hands, that's for sure.

BarrySPAMAID
06-03-2009, 10:10 PM
Dude had glue hands, that's for sure.

I still think he can play in the NFL.

BigChiefFan
06-03-2009, 10:11 PM
If we had quality depth, that would be one thing. As it is, we need all the help we can get, young and old, especially if a quality vet is willing to sign an incentive-laden, one year deal. The idea is to instill some confidence in the team and lay the groundwork for the future. Savvy veterans pushing players that need pushing is exactly what this teams needs. I believe the message is, NOBODY gets a free pass, that includes the younger players who aren't stepping up.

In other words, the team isn't above signing veterans to one year deals to replace you, if you aren't willing to " up" your game. It's called accountability and I welcome it-it's long overdue.

Just food for thought, but, IMO the difference between Carl and Pioli is, Carl signed the aging veterans, to be the starters, REGARDLESS of skill- and based it entirely on the size of their contract. Pioli's way seems to make all players, accountable, young and old and isn't beyond taking a stop-gap approach, in order to field the best team, given the available resources.

Hammock Parties
06-03-2009, 10:11 PM
I still think he can play in the NFL.

He would make an excellent gunner on special teams.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Old Mofo's that should have some left in the tank, and have a very good work ethic. Thomas and Vrabel should be very solid, and Engram is an all around good guy. You add those three with Harrison, and it pretty much equals out the veteran departures of Gonzalez, Huard, Edwards, and Surtain.

Oh, you haven't heard me complain about the other 3. I just think you draw a line somewhere and Harrison is a perfectly good place to start.

DeezNutz
06-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Oh, you haven't heard me complain about the other 3. I just think you draw a line somewhere and Harrison is a perfectly good place to start.

You were the gunman, huh? He set you up?

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2009, 10:14 PM

Seeing as how Huard, Edwards and Surtain brought nothing to the table, that's not saying much.

Though I'd be willing to bet that Engram and Harrison don't combine for Gonzo stats from 2008.

TRR
06-03-2009, 10:16 PM
Seeing as how Huard, Edwards and Surtain brought nothing to the table, that's not saying much.

Though I'd be willing to bet that Engram and Harrison don't combine for Gonzo stats from 2008.

You love to take things out of context don't you...

I'm only comparing the 4 vets KC let go to the 4 they have/may sign in AGE ONLY. And it's a good thing that the vets KC is bringing in will have an impact rather than sitting on the bench like the three you mentioned.

TRR
06-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Simply put, you add players to your roster to improve your team. The best players will play regardless of age, draft position, etc...KC will probably keep 5 possibly 6 receivers on this years roster...

Is Harrison better than Jeff Webb? Yes

Is Harrison better than Davard Darling? Yes

Is Harrison better than Quinten Lawrence? Yes

Is Harrison better than Taurus Johnson? Yes

End of story.

LaChapelle
06-03-2009, 10:22 PM
Attention whoring can be sad business.

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Simply put, you add players to your roster to improve your team. The best players will play regardless of age, draft position, etc...KC will probably keep 5 possibly 6 receivers on this years roster...

Is Harrison better than Jeff Webb? Yes

Is Harrison better than Davard Darling? Yes

Is Harrison better than Quinten Lawrence? Yes

Is Harrison better than Taurus Johnson? Yes

End of story.

We should drag Rod Smith out of retirement, he's better than those guys as well.

Wow, Marvin Harrison is better than 4 guys that would struggle to make any other roster in the NFL.

Color me shocked.

HemiEd
06-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Did any of you watch him last year, he's done. WR is that position you can go from good to done in the snap of a finger.I agree, wonder if we can get Andre Rison back?

TRR
06-03-2009, 10:28 PM
We should drag Rod Smith out of retirement, he's better than those guys as well.

Wow, Marvin Harrison is better than 4 guys that would struggle to make any other roster in the NFL.

Color me shocked.

Yeah let's not add a player that improves your team because he's not the perfect age! Lol!

This is rich! LMAO

TRR
06-03-2009, 10:30 PM
I agree, wonder if we can get Andre Rison back?

If Harrison is done, then so are Engram and Bradley because Harrison had a better year than both of them last season.

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2009, 10:30 PM
Yeah let's not add a player that improves your team because he's not the perfect age! Lol!

This is rich! LMAO

His age is the last issue I'm considering, and if you'd actually read posts, you'd understand that.

Then again, this is coming from the same guy that said he was concerned about Bradley's injury history and Engram's age, but implied he's not worried about Harrison's injury history AND age.

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2009, 10:31 PM
If Harrison is done, then so are Engram and Bradley because Harrison had a better year than both of them last season.

Peyton Manning>>>>>>>>>>Matt Hasselbeck>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tyler Thigpen.

TRR
06-03-2009, 10:32 PM
His age is the last issue I'm considering, and if you'd actually read posts, you'd understand that.

Then again, this is coming from the same guy that said he was concerned about Bradley's injury history and Engram's age, but implied he's not worried about Harrison's injury history AND age.

Then what are you concerned about?

And I never implied that....you read the post and decided to take it that way. I simply meant that if Bradley and Engram's issues come to fruition, Harrison would be a very good insurance policy...and vice versa.

Hammock Parties
06-03-2009, 10:33 PM
We've been duped.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=76018&page=6

TRR
06-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Peyton Manning>>>>>>>>>>Matt Hasselbeck>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tyler Thigpen.

Seems to me Dwayne Bowe and Tony Gonzalez posted over 1,000 yards in KC's offense. Where was Mark Bradley? Hurt?

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2009, 10:34 PM
How many more times does this have to be said?

DeezNutz
06-03-2009, 10:35 PM
So you don't like him cause he's old?

Sweet Daddy Hate
We've been duped.

Uh, actually, the "info" came by way of your "employers" message board.

OnTheWarpath15
So you don't like him cause he's old?

LMAO.

TRR
06-03-2009, 10:39 PM
How many more times does this have to be said?

Why couldn't you count on Marvin Harrison to play every week? Minus the 07' season, Harrison has only missed 8 games in his 13 year career.

Hammock Parties
06-03-2009, 10:40 PM

Prove it. :D

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2009, 10:41 PM
Why couldn't you count on Marvin Harrison to play every week? Minus the 07' season, Harrison has only missed 8 games in his 13 year career.

I'll tell you what.

You count on a 36 year old who has shown significant decline in the past season, and I won't.

At the end of the season, let's see who gets let down.

I swear, this place just feels entitled to a player playing at a high level forever just because we have a chance to sign them.

He's COMBINED for 80 catches, 870 yards and 6 TD's over the past TWO seasons, and is getting older, not younger.

But sure, go ahead. Expect him to be great again.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-03-2009, 10:42 PM

Barry will confirm.

TRR
06-03-2009, 10:45 PM
I'll tell you what.

You count on a 36 year old who has shown significant decline in the past season, and I won't.

At the end of the season, let's see who gets let down.

I swear, this place just feels entitled to a player playing at a high level forever just because we have a chance to sign them.

(1) I'm not counting on anything from Harrison other than depth.

(2) I'm not counting on anything more from Harrison than what you are seemingly counting on Engram to provide.

J Diddy
06-03-2009, 10:45 PM

Why? So you can snivel about copyright materials being illegally used and soon you'll be forced to get your lawyers involved?

Hammock Parties
06-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Why? So you can snivel about copyright materials being illegally used and soon you'll be forced to get your lawyers involved?

Shut up.

J Diddy
06-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Shut up.

Hey I was just simply asking a question? Why you so touchy?

melbar
06-03-2009, 11:28 PM

Ya, we keep passing up on all those sure handed 24 year olds floating around out there that could fill our holes...

KcKing
06-04-2009, 12:09 AM
Can he show Bowe some techniques on how to not drop 2 or 3 passes/on-side kicks a game? If so, sign him up for the minimum if he can run or not... Worst case? He catches a couple passes, and Bowe drops less of them... I'll take that. But at the same time I don't feel he'd be a large contributer or anything like that.. But really, he can have Will Franklins old roster spot, he ain't keepin it warm anymore... Can't hurt if you don't expect him to be 2002 Marvin, can help if he can be an extra coach that suppliments the playing field from time to time.
Posted via Mobile Device

wild1
06-04-2009, 12:35 AM
why not bring him in for a look, see what he's got left in the tank. it's cap friendly, let him show the young guys the ropes

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-04-2009, 12:39 AM
"Give us your tired, broken, and last legs"

-Plaque attached to the Statue of Pioli at the newly renovated Arrowhead Assisted Living Center.

Jethopper
06-04-2009, 01:19 AM
Lake Dawson!

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-04-2009, 01:21 AM
Lake Dawson!

LMAO Oh man! There's a blast from the past.

chiefs1111
06-04-2009, 04:22 AM
so are we trying to be the oldest team in the NFL again or what?

Micjones
06-04-2009, 04:35 AM
Nah, we're much better off as a team with an average age of 26.
Our 2-14 record last season says so.

EyePod
06-04-2009, 05:02 AM
If Harrison can stay healthy I'd rather have him out there than a tight end who's almost as old.

Even a TE who contributes to the run game and doesn't shoot at people in Philly?

Pioli Zombie
06-04-2009, 05:07 AM
I love the mentality of some people here. You have a shitty team. But you don't want to bringing players who are upgrade from the shit you have because the guy is 35. So fucking what? If its a cheaply based short term deal what have you lost? Playing time for a shitty player?
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefs1111
06-04-2009, 05:11 AM
I love the mentality of some people here. You have a shitty team. But you don't want to bringing players who are upgrade from the shit you have because the guy is 35. So fucking what? If its a cheaply based short term deal what have you lost? Playing time for a shitty player?
Posted via Mobile Device

Because he has nothing left in the tank and two bad knees is why. If he was still any good he would still be with the Colts.

Pioli Zombie
06-04-2009, 05:38 AM
Because he has nothing left in the tank and two bad knees is why. If he was still any good he would still be with the Colts.
Good Mecca parrot. Using like that logic Jay Cutler is no longer any good because if he was hed still be with the Broncos.

Again. If he had nothing left nobody would sign him. These execs get paid, you know?
Like I said. Its only 800K if it turns out he had absoluely nothing left. Better than the shit you have out there.
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
06-04-2009, 06:12 AM
there is a rumor we might sign a WR to a vet min contract....

quick, to the cross!...where are my nails?

MIAdragon
06-04-2009, 06:13 AM
there is a rumor we might sign a WR to a vet min contract....

quick, to the cross!...where are my nails?

LMAO maybe his work ethic would rub off on Bowe.

the Talking Can
06-04-2009, 06:16 AM
LMAO maybe his work ethic would rub off on Bowe.

i worried that Webb will now go somewhere and become the next Marvin Harrison....gosh i hate this knew regeeme...they only like old people

Pioli Zombie
06-04-2009, 06:18 AM
Seems to me the Chiefs are just following the pattern used by the Patriots. Combine the draft ( Seymour, Light, we won't even talk about Brady..) And sign veteran FA's to low paying contracts to upgrade your talent ( Patton, Compton, Pfifer, Bryan Cox, Vrabel etc)

People should just relax and have a chocolate milk or something.
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
06-04-2009, 06:27 AM
Seems to me the Chiefs are just following the pattern used by the Patriots. Combine the draft ( Seymour, Light, we won't even talk about Brady..) And sign veteran FA's to low paying contracts to upgrade your talent ( Patton, Compton, Pfifer, Bryan Cox, Vrabel etc)

People should just relax and have a chocolate milk or something.
Posted via Mobile Device

i think people are surprised..they couldn't have seen it coming....even though it was blindingly obvious....

Bugeater
06-04-2009, 06:33 AM
Do you have a link? Cuz from what I read on that thread Claythan linked this info came from a thread at WPI that now appears to have been deleted and was started by someone at the OM. You've been had, dumbass.

MIAdragon
06-04-2009, 06:43 AM
Do you have a link? Cuz from what I read on that thread Claythan linked this info came from a thread at WPI that now appears to have been deleted and was started by someone at the OM. You've been had, dumbass.

ouch.

LaChapelle
06-04-2009, 07:22 AM
We've been duped.

Bought a ticket on the Brandon Marshall karma train. There is bitch out there just asking for it.

Molitoth
06-04-2009, 08:02 AM

Tony G isn't any good anymore, hence he is with the Falcons.

Demonpenz
06-04-2009, 08:03 AM
Do we have a shot of bringing Vince Young in?

KcFanInGA
06-04-2009, 08:24 AM
If Harrison could still bring it he'd still be on the Colts.

Reguardless, he would be an upgrade for US.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-04-2009, 08:33 AM
Even a TE who contributes to the run game and doesn't shoot at people in Philly?

Harrsion gets a pass on that because the dude he was shooting at WAS from Philly.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-04-2009, 08:35 AM
Reguardless, he would be an upgrade for US.

That's a very garded answer. I don't think it's accurate either. At 36 it's only a matter of time before that guy starts looking like Jerry Rice did in Oakland, or even worse, Seattle. I said as much last night in this thread.

cmh6476
06-04-2009, 08:47 AM
so he's maybe lost a step. I doubt anyone on our team right now could hold his jock when it came to hands or route running. What the hell is it going to hurt if we bring him in, the development of Terrance Copper or Mark Bradley?

RedThat
06-04-2009, 09:03 AM
so he's maybe lost a step. I doubt anyone on our team right now could hold his jock when it came to hands or route running. What the hell is it going to hurt if we bring him in, the development of Terrance Copper or Mark Bradley?

For real good point. Wish most ppl saw it that way.

JD10367
06-04-2009, 09:10 AM
I love the mentality of some people here. You have a shitty team. But you don't want to bringing players who are upgrade from the shit you have because the guy is 35. So ****ing what? If its a cheaply based short term deal what have you lost? Playing time for a shitty player?

Ayup. He's old, injury-prone, and frankly has developed some serious alligator arms (not that he was ever one to go across the middle and take a pounding), BUT... if he's cheap, and an upgrade to the position, why not bring him him? With his knowledge alone he'd be good to have around. It certainly worked for New England enough times (Rodney Harrison, Corey Dillon, Junior Seau).

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-04-2009, 09:10 AM

<table class="ipbtable" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="row2" valign="middle" width="1%">
http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/uploads/profile/photo-thumb-14.jpg
http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/style_images/chiefschat/rating_4_mini.gif

http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/style_images/chiefschat/folder_profile_portal/gender_male.png View Member Profile (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/index.php?showuser=14)
http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/style_images/chiefschat/folder_profile_portal/friend_add_small.png Add as Friend (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2800#)
http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/style_images/chiefschat/folder_profile_portal/send_pm_small.png Send Message (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/index.php?act=Msg&CODE=4&MID=14)
http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/style_images/chiefschat/folder_profile_portal/find_posts.png Find Member's Topics (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/index.php?act=Search&CODE=gettopicsuser&mid=14)
http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/style_images/chiefschat/folder_profile_portal/find_posts.png Find Member's Posts (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/index.php?act=Search&CODE=getalluser&mid=14)

<script type="text/javascript"> ipsmenu.register( &quot;post-member-50214&quot;, '', 'popmenubutton-new', 'popmenubutton-new-out' ); </script> </td> <td class="row2" valign="middle" width="99%"> http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/style_images/chiefschat/to_post_off.gif Yesterday, 07:59 PM
Post #1 (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2800&view=findpost&p=50214)
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="post2" valign="top"> http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/uploads/av-14.gif (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/index.php?showuser=14)

Buck Buchanan
http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/style_images/chiefschat/pip.gifhttp://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/style_images/chiefschat/pip.gifhttp://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/style_images/chiefschat/pip.gifhttp://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/style_images/chiefschat/pip.gifhttp://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/style_images/chiefschat/pip.gifhttp://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/style_images/chiefschat/pip.gifhttp://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/style_images/chiefschat/pip.gif

Group: Writer
Donate Points (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/index.php?autocom=points&cmd=donate&userid=14)
Member No.: 14

http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/style_images/chiefschat/spacer.gif
</td> <td id="post-main-50214" class="post2" valign="top" width="100%"> Found this on another board,....

"Jack Monahan, a local sports reporter here in St. Joseph, just said locally on sports radio here that Tom Condon is currently in discussions with the Chiefs on bringing in Marvin Harrison. They are discussing a base one year, $800K deal. If Harrison catches 50 passes or suits up for 12 games, the value of the contract would increase up to $3 million."

Sure, its WP, but I thought we could still discuss....

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=115&f=1837&t=4388608

</td></tr></tbody></table>

And check your fucking tone while you're at it.

OmahaChief
06-04-2009, 09:13 AM
Ayup. He's old, injury-prone, and frankly has developed some serious alligator arms (not that he was ever one to go across the middle and take a pounding), BUT... if he's cheap, and an upgrade to the position, why not bring him him? With his knowledge alone he'd be good to have around. It certainly worked for New England enough times (Rodney Harrison, Corey Dillon, Junior Seau).

What is sad is that after saying all the negatives about him he is still better than the WR on our roster.

JD10367
06-04-2009, 09:20 AM
What is sad is that after saying all the negatives about him he is still better than the WR on our roster.

You guys have to look at it this way: let's say you're looking to get laid, and your choices are five different fat ugly chicks who whine a lot. Suddenly an older chick walks in, a bit homely but a decent bod. She's not a swimsuit model but, really, when you look back at the five fugly heifers... :shrug: :D

The key is always price and contract. Don't overpay, and don't commit to a long-term deal.

(I'm talking about the NFL again here. Not the women. Although the premise works there too...)

ModSocks
06-04-2009, 09:24 AM
Why does he have to be the #2? Sure he may carry it by name, but they need to announce somebody when they introduce the starters.

I honestly don't think we'll have a traditional #2. I think we would see Harrison, Bradley and Engram moving all around the field depending on the play call and matchups. A 4 wr set that has Bradley and Bowe on the outside with Engram and Harrison working the slots would be problematic for defenses, especially if LJ can be anything like what he once was. Let Bradley stretch the field, because that's what he does. Let Bowe go over the middle and run the intermediate routes, because that's what he does, and let Engram and Harrison chew up the short-intermediate routes, because at this stage, that's what they do best. You guys are thinking too much about what Marvin can do as an individual and who he can replace, and not how he could work in conjunction to what we already have.

Lets not forget the Haley part of this equation. If he wanted a guy like Harrison, don't you think he would have a plan on how to use him? Would Haley be able to get the most out of MH before his wheels fall off; that is his M.O right?

He won't be a REAL #2, he'll be a toy that Haley can use to expose match up problems. Im not sure about you, but Harrison vs a dime or nickel back sounds pretty good to me. Maybe the addition of Harrison allows Bowe to move into the slot in certain situations, creating a huge matchup problem? Who knows! But you get my point.

Mr. Krab
06-04-2009, 09:24 AM
Meh, i don't really care either way as long as they don't sign him to a long term deal. It's pretty clear imo that this year is all about evaluation,transition and tone setting.

OnTheWarpath15
06-04-2009, 09:33 AM

Not really. People just think so because his name is Marvin Harrison.

Dude has combined for just over 800 yards and 6 TD's over the past 2 seasons.

When you break down last season to a per-game average, Harrison, Engram and Bradley are all almost identical.

3-4 catches per game, between 38 and 42 yards per game and .3 TD's per game. (Engram had no TD in 2008, but his yardage/catches were right with the others)

People see his name and just assume he's a clear cut upgrade. He's not.

He's just another guy like Engram and Bradley - they might give you 500 yards and 3 TD's IF they manage to stay healthy - which the odds are against.

I have no issue with signing him to the vet minimum, but if he's willing to play for the vet minimum, why would he choose here? He could play anywhere for that contract.

chagrin
06-04-2009, 09:40 AM
20 pages of dick measuring over Marvin Harrison, hilarious

OnTheWarpath15
06-04-2009, 09:44 AM
20 pages of dick measuring over Marvin Harrison, hilarious

You should set to 80 PPP.

Bugeater
06-04-2009, 11:16 AM
And check your ****ing tone while you're at it.
It's a dead link dumbass.

Try this:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=115&f=1837&t=4390393

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-04-2009, 11:18 AM
It's a dead link dumbass.

Try this:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=115&f=1837&t=4390393

So I was right. You're welcome.;)

MoreLemonPledge
06-04-2009, 11:20 AM

When you break down last season to a per-game average, Harrison, Engram and Bradley are all almost identical.

3-4 catches per game, between 38 and 42 yards per game and .3 TD's per game. (Engram had no TD in 2008, but his yardage/catches were right with the others)

He's just another guy like Engram and Bradley - they might give you 500 yards and 3 TD's IF they manage to stay healthy - which the odds are against.

I have no issue with signing him to the vet minimum, but if he's willing to play for the vet minimum, why would he choose here? He could play anywhere for that contract.

Thank you. People don't understand that things change very quickly in the NFL. Why aren't there more teams interested in him? Yes, he's a FHoFer, but that doesn't mean he can help your team today.

JD10367
06-04-2009, 11:30 AM
Why does he have to be the #2? Sure he may carry it by name, but they need to announce somebody when they introduce the starters.

I honestly don't think we'll have a traditional #2. I think we would see Harrison, Bradley and Engram moving all around the field depending on the play call and matchups. A 4 wr set that has Bradley and Bowe on the outside with Engram and Harrison working the slots would be problematic for defenses, especially if LJ can be anything like what he once was. Let Bradley stretch the field, because that's what he does. Let Bowe go over the middle and run the intermediate routes, because that's what he does, and let Engram and Harrison chew up the short-intermediate routes, because at this stage, that's what they do best.

And Pioli and Haley already know that Cassel flourished in a Tom-Brady-oriented quick-pass multiple-target offense. Three- and four-WR sets is what Cassel does best.

Dude has combined for just over 800 yards and 6 TD's over the past 2 seasons. When you break down last season to a per-game average, Harrison, Engram and Bradley are all almost identical . . . He's just another guy like Engram and Bradley - they might give you 500 yards and 3 TD's IF they manage to stay healthy - which the odds are against.

Yes, but you have to look at it in the context of those three- or four-WR sets. You can never have too many starting pitchers, and you can never have too many wide receivers. Each quality one you get on the field at the same time means one more scrub defensive back who has to come off the enemy's bench and try to defend him. (Hell, I'd be elated if the Pats signed Harrison: he'd be the 5th WR... you know what he'd do to another team's nickel or dime back?)

Bugeater
06-04-2009, 11:30 AM
So I was right. You're welcome.;)
Uh, do you know why it was deleted? BECAUSE IT WAS FAKE!

Someone at the Orangemane started it as a joke. Christ, just admit you got played.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-04-2009, 11:31 AM
Uh, do you know why it was deleted? BECAUSE IT WAS FAKE!

Someone at the Orangemane started it. Christ, just admit you got played.

"RUMOR ALERT"

Ring any bells?:rolleyes:

SAUTO
06-04-2009, 11:34 AM
You can never have too many starting pitchers, and you can never have too many wide receivers. Each quality one you get on the field at the same time means one more scrub defensive back who has to come off the enemy's bench and try to defend him.

this makes sense,

to all the guys crying about the possibility of signing harrison: why cry?
it's NOT YOUR money, who are the young WRs he MIGHT beat out?

AND some are on this " great now we would have another injury prone old WR": well maybe we'll need them to get through the season.

Micjones
06-04-2009, 11:41 AM

Who are you trying to fool?
I know very well that he likely won't return to perennial Pro Bowler form.
This has nothing to do with the name on the back of his jersey.

Again, the numbers speak for themselves.
He played 15 games last season. And his numbers were better than both Engram's (whose name doesn't belong in this discussion because he was signed to play in the slot) AND Bradley.

His had only about 300 fewer receiving yards LAST SEASON than Bradley's amassed his entire NFL career.

If he's willing to sign for the right contract...
And willing to play in Kansas City... Sign him.

He's not going to stunt the growth of any young WR on this team.

MoreLemonPledge
06-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Peyton Manning
Seneca Wallace
Charlie Frye
Tyler Thigpen

One of these things is not like the other.

Micjones
06-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Peyton Manning
Seneca Wallace
Charlie Frye
Tyler Thigpen

One of these things is not like the other.

We've been through this.
And I proved yesterday that Manning hasn't exactly had the same kind of effect on his other receivers over the years.

He's a special QB, but to say Harrison wasn't a special WR is...well...crazy.

Just Passin' By
06-04-2009, 11:49 AM

Thank you. People don't understand that things change very quickly in the NFL. Why aren't there more teams interested in him? Yes, he's a FHoFer, but that doesn't mean he can help your team today.

In 11 seasons prior, Harrison had missed only 6 games total. Last season, while still clearly not as good as he'd been prior to the injury, Harrison had 60 catches for 636 yards. There's no doubt that he was just a shell of his former self, but Bradley's career highs are 30 catches and 380 yards, and that was last season. That's 2.5 catches per game for Bradley vs. 4 catches per game for Harrison, and that's a big difference in the NFL.

I don't really like the signing for the Chiefs because I don't think Harrison's style is a good fit, he has excelled with Manning because they spend a lot of offseason time together which he wouldn't have the chance to do in K.C. at this late date, and I don't think he'd be a locker room help. I'd think that Pioli would rather wait and see if anything decent shakes loose from someone during training camp. However, Bowe might be able to learn some things from Harrison that he can apply on the field, so I can see the potential attraction for the G.M..

CoMoChief
06-04-2009, 11:50 AM
If this is true.......too bad that Tony G isn't still around. We would have some offensive weapons.

SAUTO
06-04-2009, 11:53 AM
point here is if the guys signs a friendly deal we could just cut him (or bradley, or engram, or webb etc.) if a player were to become available at a later date.

someone said a couple of weeks ago that pioli is signing the older guys to friendly deals, which is VERY different than CP used to do. good thing IMO but it's lost on some around here.

EyePod
06-04-2009, 11:55 AM

How about Bobby Engram? He's actually really good. And he doesn't shoot people. If we don't sign him for a buttload I won't complain though.

Just Passin' By
06-04-2009, 11:57 AM
If this is true.......too bad that Tony G isn't still around. We would have some offensive weapons.

Supposedly, it's a fake. But the notion itself still brings up questions in a dull offseason.

MoreLemonPledge
06-04-2009, 12:04 PM
He's a special QB, but to say Harrison wasn't a special WR is...well...crazy.

I added the emphasis for you.

Watching him play last year was pretty sad. It was completely obvious that he not only lost a step, but also his confidence. He wasn't going after the ball and missed easy catches, likely because he was worried about his knee.

OmahaChief
06-04-2009, 12:06 PM

The guy is three years removed from 1300 yards and 12 TDs. Something that Bradley and Engrams never sniffed. Look if we are going to have has beens as our WRs I will at least take the best has been to be on my squad.

His washed up ass still out preformed Engram last year. Bowe our "best wr" had only one more touchdown then Harrison last year and only 40 more yards on an extra 25 catches. Harrison averaged10 yards a catch while Bowe averaged 7. Sure Harrison has lost a step but he is still as good any any WR on our roster for one year.

Micjones
06-04-2009, 12:11 PM
I added the emphasis for you.

Watching him play last year was pretty sad. It was completely obvious that he not only lost a step, but also his confidence. He wasn't going after the ball and missed easy catches, likely because he was worried about his knee.

Which players tend to do coming off injuries.
Trent Green favored his knee and didn't step into his throws his first season back.

I'm not terribly worried about Harrison honestly.
I think he's more than capable of being a good #2 WR.

OnTheWarpath15
06-04-2009, 12:12 PM
The guy is three years removed from 1300 yards and 12 TDs. Something that Bradley and Engrams never sniffed. Look if we are going to have has beens as our WRs I will at least take the best has been to be on my squad.

His washed up ass still out preformed Engram last year. Bowe our "best wr" had only one more touchdown then Harrison last year and only 40 more yards on an extra 25 catches. Harrison averaged10 yards a catch while Bowe averaged 7. Sure Harrison has lost a step but he is still as good any any WR on our roster for one year.

You might want to check your math.

Bowe had 400 more yards than Harrison.

That's significant.

Bottom line is this:

Had I started a thread advocating signing a guy that averaged 400 yards per season over the past 2, and I didn't give his name, I would have been laughed at.

His history is better than anything we have, but his potential is no better than what we have behind Bowe.

You'd be foolish to expect any more than 300-500 yards and 3-4 TD's out of Harrison, Bradley or Engram.

OmahaChief
06-04-2009, 12:16 PM
You might want to check your math.

Bowe had 400 more yards than Harrison.

That's significant.

Bottom line is this:

Had I started a thread advocating signing a guy that averaged 400 yards per season over the past 2, and I didn't give his name, I would have been laughed at.

His history is better than anything we have, but his potential is no better than what we have behind Bowe.

You'd be foolish to expect any more than 300-500 yards and 3-4 TD's out of Harrison, Bradley or Engram.

The 40 was obvioulsy a typo as I did check all the stats. I think his potential is far great than Engram or Bradley simply based off the fact he has historically played at a higher level then both those players combined in most of his seasons in the league. We will probably not get to find out so it won't matter but I take Marvin Harrsion over Engram and Bradley 10 times out of 10.

Hammock Parties
06-04-2009, 12:21 PM
218 posts over a fake rumor

We're all dumb.

OnTheWarpath15
06-04-2009, 12:23 PM

We're all dumb.

I'd rather talk football, even if it is a fake rumor, than not talk about football.

MoreLemonPledge
06-04-2009, 12:23 PM
Bobby Engram's 2007 stats: 94 rec. 1147 yds 6 TDs.

Just sayin'.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-04-2009, 12:24 PM

We're all dumb.

Thanks WPI! :D

chiefzilla1501
06-04-2009, 12:25 PM
I'm up in the air. On the one hand, I'd say getting 640 yards as a #2 receiver would be terrific for us. I also think it might be worth signing him since we know Bradley can't stay healthy--so two unhealthy guys might be able to put enough games together to get a full season.

Right now, the focus shouldn't be on long-term development of receivers. It needs to be put on getting the best 3 receivers on the field at all costs so that Cassel picks up some confidence. I don't know if Harrison falls into the mix. Haven't seen enough of him recently to know.

OnTheWarpath15
06-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Bobby Engram's 2007 stats: 94 rec. 1147 yds 6 TDs.

Just sayin'.

Holy shit.

TO THE SHIP!

I mean, he did it 2 years ago, he can do it again - at age 36.

Sure-Oz
06-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Engram will be or Troy brown FTWwwwwww

MoreLemonPledge
06-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Holy shit.

TO THE SHIP!

I mean, he did it 2 years ago, he can do it again - at age 36.

Now we're getting somewhere.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Now we're getting somewhere.

Your ship awaits:

http://www.altergroup.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/titanic-sinking-7790481.jpg

KcFanInGA
06-04-2009, 12:33 PM
MoreLemonPledge it BroncoRob..."just sayin"

KcFanInGA
is

Just Passin' By
Hmmm..... Joey Galloway had a down year last season, with an injury that cost him several games. He'll never get picked up at his age. What team would be crazy enough to do it? Good Lord, he's going to be 38.

MoreLemonPledge
06-04-2009, 12:35 PM
MoreLemonPledge it BroncoRob..."just sayin"

You've figured me out.

OnTheWarpath15
06-04-2009, 12:35 PM
Hmmm..... Joey Galloway had a down year last season, with an injury that cost him several games. He'll never get picked up at his age. What team would be crazy enough to do it? Good Lord, he's going to be 38.

Well, fuck.

We should have.

Could you imagine Bowe, Harrision, Galloway, Engram and Bradley going 5-wide on every play.

Championship.

I mean, if NE is doing it, it must be the right move.

MoreLemonPledge
06-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Did anybody actually watch Marvin Harrison play? Not read a stat sheet, not highlights from ESPN, but actually watch him play?

Do you really think that the Colts would get rid of him if he had that much in the tank? He and Peyton had perfect timing and had worked hard for years to get it down. Why would they ruin that unless he really couldn't do it anymore?

chiefs1111
06-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Well, fuck.

We should have.

Could you imagine Bowe, Harrision, Galloway, Engram and Bradley going 5-wide on every play.

Championship.

I mean, if NE is doing it, it must be the right move.

DB's everywhere would be having nightmares and shitting themselves if they had too deal with those 5.

OnTheWarpath15
06-04-2009, 12:41 PM
DB's everywhere would be having nightmares and shitting themselves if they had too deal with those 5.

Yeah, a future pro-bowler and 3 guys that are closer to their AARP cards than a 1000 yard season.

Frightening.

chiefs1111
06-04-2009, 12:45 PM
hell,lets see if Jerry Rice wants to play again while were at lol

BigChiefFan
06-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Did anybody actually watch Marvin Harrison play? Not read a stat sheet, not highlights from ESPN, but actually watch him play?

Do you really think that the Colts would get rid of him if he had that much in the tank? He and Peyton had perfect timing and had worked hard for years to get it down. Why would they ruin that unless he really couldn't do it anymore?
Because he refused to take a pay-cut and wanted the Colts to honor the contract. They thought that he wasn't worth THAT price tag.

Picking him up for $800,000 however, is an entirely different matter.

Just Passin' By
06-04-2009, 12:47 PM

The Colts cleared $6 million in cap space, and Harrison would have had the highest cap number of any receiver in the NFL. The team did try to keep him with a renegotiated contract. However, they've got other receivers to play in his place, which is something that the Chiefs really don't have.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3926922

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Yeah, a future pro-bowler and 3 guys that are closer to their AARP cards than a 1000 yard season.

Frightening.

LMAO

MoreLemonPledge
06-04-2009, 12:50 PM
So he's going to sign with a rebuilding team for the veteran minimum?

And, to my other point, did anybody actually watch him play?

Sure-Oz
06-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Marvins gonna go back to philly and finish what he started at his car wash

BigChiefFan
06-04-2009, 01:04 PM

And, to my other point, did anybody actually watch him play?It's not for the veteran minimum, if he hits the incentive clauses. It's a win-win type contract, more so, for the team, than the player, but it still allows the players to EARN more money, if he PRODUCES on the field.

I actually did watch him play last year and clearly he has lost a step, but for a 4th WR and $800,000(if he doesn't produce, but still makes the team) we have nothing to lose. Again, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I think many are missing the point, that the majority ALREADY KNOWS he's lost a step and still realize he has a chance to improve the WRs, regardless of that.

My goodness, it's a ONE YEAR DEAL for a team that won two games last year and some act like we are kicking Andre Johnson off the team to make room for a one-year contract-we aren't.

KcFanInGA
06-04-2009, 01:10 PM

And, to my other point, did anybody actually watch him play?

I guess if he wants to pad his retirement fund. I didn't see him play, so I can only say I would support bringing him in for a look. 800,000 may not be much to Harrison last year, I'd wager right now it looks pretty good.

OnTheWarpath15
06-04-2009, 01:11 PM
It's not for the veteran minimum, if he hits the incentive clauses. It's a win-win type contract, more so, for the team, than the player, but it still allows the players to EARN more money, if he PRODUCES on the field.

I actually did watch him play last year and clearly he has lost a step, but for a 4th WR and $800,000(if he doesn't produce, but still makes the team) we have nothing to lose. Again, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I think many are missing the point, that the majority ALREADY KNOWS he's lost a step and still realize he has a chance to improve the WRs, regardless of that.

My goodness, it's a ONE YEAR DEAL for a team that won two games last year and some act like we are kicking Andre Johnson off the team to make room for a one-year contract-we aren't.

Actually, no one has said that.

Matter of fact, I've personally said, in this thread that I'm indifferent.

The sticking point, is that some people feel he'd be an improvement, while others think he's basically the same thing we already have behind Bowe - guys that have injury concerns, are old or both.

Mr. Krab
06-04-2009, 01:12 PM
How can the people of CPlanet not understand when we have the gracious OTW to lecture us about it all the time.

OnTheWarpath15
06-04-2009, 01:17 PM
How can the people of CPlanet not understand when we have the gracious OTW to lecture us about it all the time.

If people could read and comprehend, I wouldn't need to repeat myself.

This is post #23 of a 245 post thread:

Replying to this post:

Mr. Flopnuts
06-04-2009, 01:19 PM

LOL You open the thread to read the posts. You're really lecturing yourself. You're just not doing it graciously apparently.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-04-2009, 01:24 PM
LOL You open the thread to read the posts. You're really lecturing yourself. You're just not doing it graciously apparently.

Oh Israel, if only everyone would just declare Pioli God, question nothing, and glug-glug-glug the TF Kool-Aid!!!

What a wonderful world it would be!!!!:)

crazycoffey
06-04-2009, 01:29 PM
Don't crucify me, this came from another source.

If you would just post everything you post on this board - in the Mecca thread, it would easily reach your goal. In fact, I bet you can't get the Mecca thread to reach 2000 by the end of the day

Titty Meat
06-04-2009, 01:31 PM
Why are people still debating about Harrison? Its a bogus story