PDA

View Full Version : Computers Need HELP!!!

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
06-03-2009, 08:38 PM
OK... my company provided me with a Sprint mobile broadband card; tried to install it and it would not work. Called Sprint and determined that it will not work with Service Pack 3 on my Windows XP; for what ever reason. Uninstalled SP3 and the mobile broadband works now.

HOWEVER, now my laptop will not connect through wifi. I can hard wire it and works fine. My router is working fine, my PC is working fine. I keep getting the Limited or no connectivity error message now. Up until uninstalling SP3 it was working perfectly. It seems there has been some settings changed and I am at my wits end trying to figure it out.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!

AustinChief
06-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Try this first...

Go to the manage wireless networks section and it should list all the past networks you have connected to.. including your hom enetwork. Delete all of these profile and let it set it back up.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
06-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Still same problem....

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
06-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Try this first...

Go to the manage wireless networks section and it should list all the past networks you have connected to.. including your hom enetwork. Delete all of these profile and let it set it back up.

AHHH rebooted; input my WEP key again and it worked perfectly!!

Thank you for your help!!

Feel free to delete this thread!

AustinChief
06-03-2009, 10:03 PM
AHHH rebooted; input my WEP key again and it worked perfectly!!

Thank you for your help!!

Feel free to delete this thread!

no problemo! I'll leave the thread just in case anyone wants to know that trick for themselves... a simply fix but often overlooked. For some unknown reason, Microsoft Wireless profiles can go screwy and the only indication is loss of connectivity.