PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs MISSOURI LIKE'S TWEEK!!

nose
06-04-2009, 10:47 PM
sorry if repost but, i love the chiefs but shit im glad i dont live in that place!! :)

Meth lab busts continue rising in Missouri

By JIM SALTER

ST. LOUIS | Despite a law making it harder to buy ingredients to make methamphetamine, lab busts are on the rise in Missouri. Meanwhile, the state continues to lead the nation in meth incidents, and by a wide margin.

Missouri State Highway Patrol Capt. Tim Hull said Wednesday that 462 lab busts and discoveries of meth-processing dump sites were reported in Missouri for the first three months of 2009, according to an internal report. That was up from 426 incidents in the first quarter of 2008.

No other state was even close. Mississippi had the second-highest number of meth incidents, with 146 in the January-through-March period. Michigan was third with 136.

Missouri has led the nation in meth lab incidents every year since 2001.

"You have to look at it two ways," Hull said. "Is the problem here that much worse, or is the concerted effort of Missouri law enforcement that much greater as far as finding it and seeking out where meth is being manufactured?"

Missouri meth labs also tend to be smaller operations, something akin to the alcohol "moonshiners" of the Prohibition era. Still, the problem remains a big concern. The toxic mix of chemicals causes serious health problems and death. Meth lab fires are common.

And every time the state seems to be making progress, the meth-makers find ways around the roadblocks.

Meth busts declined in Missouri after a 2005 law required products containing pseudoephedrine or ephedrine to be placed behind pharmacy counters, limited the amount that could be purchased, and required buyers to show photo identification.

So rather than buy large quantities at one spot, meth-makers began "pill shopping" in multiple cities or towns. The practice is known as "smurfing."

Last August, another new Missouri law restricted availability of pseudoephedrine and ephedrine even further — allowing it to be sold only in pharmacies. It helped for a while, officials said, but the numbers have gradually crept back up.

Some law enforcement agencies and the Missouri Narcotics Officers Association want lawmakers to make pseudoephedrine a Schedule 3 controlled substance, which would require a prescription to purchase it. Meth fighters also want an online system that would immediately track purchases of the meth precursors and red flag those making multiple purchases in a short period of time.

Lawmakers have authorized the electronic monitoring system, but haven't funded it.

"At this time, we don't have a real-time solution to the problem to apprehend these people as they go from store to store to store," said Dave Marshak, a lieutenant with the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department.

In some cases, pharmacists are taking matters into their own hands. Richard Logan operates L&S Discount Pharmacy in the southeast Missouri town of Charleston. Also a reserve deputy sheriff in Scott and Mississippi counties, he sometimes wears his badge and sheriff's department vest to work. And he no longer sells pseudoephedrine, except to people he knows.

But Logan said smurfing isn't the only problem. Meth manufacturers have found a faster way to make the drug, the so-called "shake-and-bake" method.

Typically, making a batch of meth could take all night. The new method involves chemicals that are shaken in a 2-liter bottle.

"Now, they can make a whole batch in about 30 minutes," Logan said.

A look at Missouri’s meth problem

Missouri had far and away the most meth lab incidents — busts and dump site discoveries — in the first quarter of 2009, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.

Here are the top 10 states for the number of meth incidents:

1. Missouri, 462.

2. Mississippi, 146.

3. Michigan, 136.

4. Kentucky, 131.

5. Indiana, 130.

6. Illinois, 118.

7. Alabama, 108.

8. Tennessee, 92.

9. Arkansas, 86.

10. California, 68.

Here are the top five Missouri counties for meth incidents:

1. Jefferson, 46.

2. Tie -- Jasper and Franklin, both with 26.

4. Washington, 25.

5. St. Charles, 21.

--- Source: Missouri State Highway Patrol.

jAZ
06-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Meth-zur-ah

LaChapelle
06-04-2009, 10:56 PM
How loose is the term incident?

Pants
06-04-2009, 10:58 PM
LMAO

jAZ
06-04-2009, 11:13 PM
How loose is the term incident?

This.
Missouri had far and away the most meth lab incidents — busts and dump site discoveries — in the first quarter of 2009, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.

sportsman1
06-04-2009, 11:20 PM
Water is wet?

LiL stumppy
06-04-2009, 11:27 PM
4 out of 5 of those counties are on the eastern border,and in the middle of the state, with the exception of Jaspar.And are nearly bordering counties. :eek:

CrazyPhuD
06-05-2009, 12:32 AM
So I take it Missouri isn't likely to introduce medical meth legislation?

Phobia
06-05-2009, 12:43 AM
So far my lab remains undiscovered.

SPchief
06-05-2009, 12:47 AM
So far my lab remains undiscovered.

The feds are watching you Phil Kloster

Phobia
06-05-2009, 12:52 AM
The feds are watching you Phil Kloster

They'll never find it. It's in my ex-wife's house - well-hidden in a secret trap door in the basement. It blends in perfectly with the concrete. If you don't know where it's at you won't find it without a jackhammer.

T-post Tom
06-05-2009, 12:53 AM
If by "that place" you mean Missouri, then you're spot on. Here in KC, there's a meth lab on every corner. You can hardly walk the streets w/o risk of injury from a meth lab explosion. Stay away, young man. This is no place for a gentleman of your standing.

teedubya
06-05-2009, 01:18 AM
Meth-zur-ah

awesome.

POND_OF_RED
06-05-2009, 01:41 AM
You think Missouri is bad just imagine living in a state with a police force so lazy they can't even bust 150 tweekers?

joesomebody
06-05-2009, 06:59 AM
Yeah, I'm not too concerned. At least they are busting them. Besides, when you think about it, if Missouri is full of tweakers, we shouldn't lose any of our manufacturing/factory jobs. Tweakers can crank out some low tech assembly line work!

Radar Chief
06-05-2009, 07:08 AM
I’m amazed Kansas isn’t in the Top 10 also.

MOhillbilly
06-05-2009, 07:21 AM
Crazy thing is that the penalties for meth went way up and people still use/abuse meth. Stu pidast drug ever.

Nixhex
06-05-2009, 07:39 AM
"You have to look at it two ways," Hull said. "Is the problem here that much worse, or is the concerted effort of Missouri law enforcement that much greater as far as finding it and seeking out where meth is being manufactured?"

I think the problem is pretty bad but I also think Missouri puts forth much more effort in busting people for meth than other states do. The problem rapidly grew in the mid to late 90's and the state has been very proactive in fighting meth users since.

Demonpenz
06-05-2009, 07:56 AM
I only use meth to get through those days long days driving the bus for kids

Brock
06-05-2009, 08:01 AM
Any state that thinks they don't have a big meth problem is fooling themselves. It's everywhere all the time.

kepp
06-05-2009, 08:12 AM
I’m amazed Kansas isn’t in the Top 10 also.

Missouri produces for kansas users.

kepp
06-05-2009, 08:15 AM
Here are the top 10 states for the number of meth incidents:
1. Missouri, 462.
2. Mississippi, 146.
3. Michigan, 136.
4. Kentucky, 131.
5. Indiana, 130.
6. Illinois, 118.
7. Alabama, 108.
8. Tennessee, 92.
9. Arkansas, 86.
10. California, 68.

Take THAT Mississippi, Michigan & Kentucky! Slackers.

Brock
06-05-2009, 08:19 AM
Missouri produces for kansas users.

Yeah. :drool:

ModSocks
06-05-2009, 08:46 AM
Meth was always a pretty big part in my life. My dad used it for a couple of years and would do deliveries.I was about 10 and I would go around town with him making these deliveries.

The dealer we delivered for had an apt he used only for making meth. I don't remember how, but I watched him make it in the kitchen. Then he had a 3 bedroom house overlooking a park that he actually lived in. You would never know he was one of the most powerfull meth dealers in north san diego county
Posted via Mobile Device

Coach
06-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Well, at least Missouri is ranked number one in the country in something. I guess that's somethin. :shrug:

Pants
06-05-2009, 09:08 AM
Well, at least Missouri is ranked number one in the country in something. I guess that's somethin. :shrug:

They came close to capturing #1 in inbreeding, but had to settle for 2nd having lost out to Arkansas. #1 and #2 must be really nice though.

RedDread
06-05-2009, 09:17 AM

When you're the best at something, you have to print T-shirts.

Frazod
06-05-2009, 09:30 AM
Kansas sucks so bad not even meth addicts want to live there.

Pants
06-05-2009, 09:35 AM
Kansas sucks so bad not even meth addicts want to live there.

Well, by your logic, so do all the other states that weren't on the list. In reality, I think people in Kansas are just happier with their lives and don't really need as much meth as an asshole of a state like Missouri. Shit, if I lived in Missouri, I might have to start doing meth too...

Frazod
06-05-2009, 09:43 AM
Well, by your logic, so do all the other states that weren't on the list. In reality, I think people in Kansas are just happier with their lives and don't really need as much meth as an asshole of a state like Missouri. Shit, if I lived in Missouri, I might have to start doing meth too...

Well, if I lived in that parasitic growth to the west otherwise known as Kansas, I'd probably find a quicker way to end my pain.

Run along now, Metrosuck. I wouldn't want to interrupt your planning of the next doctor murder.

Pants
06-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Well, if I lived in that parasitic growth to the west otherwise known as Kansas, I'd probably find a quicker way to end my pain.

Run along now, Metrosuck. I wouldn't want to interrupt your planning of the next doctor murder.

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-05-2009, 10:49 AM
WOW!!!
Now HERE'S a piece of information that I haven't known about since nineteen hundred and ninety!!!

OH CLAYTHAN; NEW REPORTER AVAILABLE FOR WPI!!! BRING 'EM IN FOR A LOOK!!!

Nixhex
06-05-2009, 11:55 AM

What a tard. LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-05-2009, 11:57 AM
What a tard. LMAO

The numbers and reason are simple:

Kansans are too fucking stupid to manufacture anything other than cow shit.

Pants
06-05-2009, 12:00 PM
The numbers and reason are simple:

Kansans are too ****ing stupid to manufacture anything other than cow shit.

Yeah, and you know... Boeing airplanes.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-05-2009, 12:06 PM

Yeah, let's keep rebuilding that same fucking trailer park by Boeing on both sides of I-35 that God keeps destroying every two years.

You guys catch on QUICK! :rolleyes:LMAO

Brock
06-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Yeah, let's keep rebuilding that same ****ing trailer park by Boeing on both sides of I-35 that God keeps destroying every two years.

You guys catch on QUICK! :rolleyes:LMAO

Yeah, because we all know there aren't any trailer parks in fucking Missouri. LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Yeah, because we all know there aren't any trailer parks in fucking Missouri. LMAO

Mmm...DENSE!

kepp
06-05-2009, 01:14 PM

You got us there. Missouri would know nothing about Boeing.

Digital Takawira
06-05-2009, 01:17 PM
"MISSOURI LIKE'S TWEEK!!" who is missouri like, and why do we care about his tweek? apparently meth destroys proper grammar. failure. :shake:

Portlantis
06-05-2009, 01:26 PM
"MISSOURI LIKE'S TWEEK!!" who is missouri like, and why do we care about his tweek? apparently meth destroys proper grammar. failure. :shake:

Let me clarify. This is Tweak:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/Collin24/tweek3.jpg

And yes, Missouri is crazy about him.

Though I agree that anyone who's made it past the second grade should know how to use apostrophes correctly.

Valiant
06-05-2009, 01:29 PM
I think it has to do with cost of living and material costs.. All those places are fairly cheap to live..

Also, maybe Missouri is just more adamant about stopping the drugs then other city/states.. Because Iowa is not listed and imo it should be first..

LaChapelle
06-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Don't pick on Kansas, they have Fred Phelps. That's worse than living inbetween meth labs.

aturnis
06-05-2009, 02:19 PM
You still ain't got shit on Iowa!

Brock
06-05-2009, 02:21 PM
I think it has to do with cost of living and material costs.. All those places are fairly cheap to live..

A rural state will always have more of a problem with meth, because places away from towns are the preferred location to cook it.

LaChapelle
06-05-2009, 02:23 PM
All those caves can't hurt. Unles the by product burnes the eyes.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-05-2009, 02:29 PM
All those caves can't hurt. Unles the by product burnes the eyes.

That's no way to talk about Kansan vagina. For shame.

kepp
06-05-2009, 03:38 PM
That's no way to talk about Kansan vagina. For shame.

And if that's the topic, there's no question about the by-product burning the eyes.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-05-2009, 03:39 PM
And if that's the topic, there's no question about the by-product burning the eyes.

LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts
06-05-2009, 05:43 PM

I think the problem is pretty bad but I also think Missouri puts forth much more effort in busting people for meth than other states do. The problem rapidly grew in the mid to late 90's and the state has been very proactive in fighting meth users since.

I was gonna post this, but since I found it already posted, I'll just postwhore.

I mean, This!

KChiefs1
06-05-2009, 05:57 PM

Also, maybe Missouri is just more adamant about stopping the drugs then other city/states.. Because Iowa is not listed and imo it should be first..

Obviously, Missouri is more proactive than most of the other states.

Dottefan
06-05-2009, 08:40 PM
If by "that place" you mean Missouri, then you're spot on. Here in KC, there's a meth lab on every corner. You can hardly walk the streets w/o risk of injury from a meth lab explosion. Stay away, young man. This is no place for a gentleman of your standing.

Couple of my uncles and about 4 of my cousins and one of my aunts are strung out on that shit. My uncle cooked it up.

RJ
06-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Missouri has great meth. I wish we could get meth like that around here. Sometimes I order Missouri meth on line. I'd get it more often if the shipping costs weren't so high.

Spott
06-05-2009, 08:49 PM
That shit is everywhere. I never understood why in the hell anyone would take drugs that a bunch of stoners decided to make in their basement with God knows what and somehow think that would be a good idea.

SPATCH
06-05-2009, 09:17 PM
unnecessary apostrophe....

Digital Takawira
06-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Let me clarify. This is Tweak:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/Collin24/tweek3.jpg

And yes, Missouri is crazy about him.

Though I agree that anyone who's made it past the second grade should know how to use apostrophes correctly.

underpants gnomes.

VAChief
06-06-2009, 08:51 AM

Yes, Kansas is quite the utopia...the epitome of sophisticated society, grace and elegance...why who hasn't stood in awe of Cawker City's largest ball of twine monument and thought..."Wow I wished I lived here!"

StcChief
06-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Tweak's 'R Us just opened.