PDA

View Full Version : Life So a question about neighborhood kid/son etiquette...

teedubya
06-05-2009, 10:24 AM
So my son's friend, a neighborhood kid were playing catch last night... and his dad asked both of them if they wanted to go to the batting cages last night.

They were excited to go... my son came home and got his batting gloves... They went out to Paradise Park... and only his son got to hit.

I'm thinking this is shitty.

So, I'm wondering if I should invite him along for a trip to Sheridans Ice Cream, but only get my son some Ice Cream.

Isn't that about the same thing?

The Franchise
06-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Maybe you should talk to him and find out why he didn't let your son hit.

Deberg_1990
06-05-2009, 10:25 AM
heh..did u give your son some money for the cages?

Or were you expecting the other Dad to pay?

Pneuma
06-05-2009, 10:27 AM
Yeah that is messed up...If I invited one of my sons friends to the batting cages, I would pay for him. You should have given your son some cash tough...

Hammock Parties
I think you should stay away from other people's kids.

Brock
Kind of odd to invite them both. Shitty and weird.

Amnorix
06-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Weird, but maybe he was expecting you to pay for your own son. By rights, you should have at least offered and let him turn you down.

But if I'm inviting a friend's kid to come with me, then I'm expecting to treat.

RJ

IMO, if the other dad invited Ari's son, he should spring for it. I would have.

teedubya

To be honest, I didn't think about it. We had invited him to get ice cream and we paid... and I figured, if you are gonna ASK them to come to the batting cages with you... that means you are gonna have them hit.

I just found it peculiar... Kind of like teasing...

Plus, the kid has eaten dinner over here several times, but they haven't done the same... it seemed like they were balancing out the hospitality.

In hindsight, I should have given him coin...

Mile High Mania
06-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Yeah, you might make mention of it "in passing" but not make a big deal of it.

I think it's a bit crappy for the guy not to pay for your son to hit when he invited him along though.

dirk digler
06-05-2009, 10:34 AM
IMO, if the other dad invited Ari's son, he should spring for it. I would have.

Yep.

Deberg_1990
To be honest, I didn't think about it. We had invited him to get ice cream and we paid... and I figured, if you are gonna ASK them to come to the batting cages with you... that means you are gonna have them hit.

I just found it peculiar... Kind of like teasing...

Plus, the kid has eaten dinner over here several times, but they haven't done the same... it seemed like they were balancing out the hospitality.

In hindsight, I should have given him coin...

Yea, i guess if the other parent invites, then the normal line of thinking is: "yea, he will pay"

But me, i probably would have given my son cash and told the other Dad until he declined the offer.

sedated
That's messed up. Money aside, I can't believe the other father could invite them both and then let one kid stand there like an outcast.

Demonpenz
06-05-2009, 10:35 AM
your kids a loser and should be thankful people talk to him

blaise
06-05-2009, 10:36 AM
He should have paid. I remember when I was a kid something like this happened to me. My brother and I went to a summer camp thing and my mom and a neighbor took turns driving us home. One day the neighbor was driving us and his kids and said, "Who wants to stop for ice cream?" Then after we order the ice-cream he was like, "You guys don't have any money?" It made us feel like crap. I was pissed about it. If you ask a kid to do something you should presume to pay.

RJ
06-05-2009, 10:36 AM
That's messed up. Money aside, I can't believe the other father could invite them both and then let one kid stand there like an outcast.

Yep. Pretty crappy way to treat a kid.

Otter
06-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Antifreeze

*zing*

You guys are losing your bursts

teedubya
06-05-2009, 10:39 AM
Yeah, you might make mention of it "in passing" but not make a big deal of it.

I think it's a bit crappy for the guy not to pay for your son to hit when he invited him along though.

Maybe I will take them to the batting cages today. Mwh ahaha ha h

RJ
06-05-2009, 10:40 AM
Maybe I will take them to the batting cages today. Mwh ahaha ha h

Exxxxxxcellent!

Mr. Krab
Maybe you should talk to him and find out why he didn't let your son hit.
this

Frazod
That's shitty. Even if the other dad was annoyed because your kid didn't have money, he still should have bit the bullet and ponied up for the cost of it. What a douche.

Next time his kid's hanging around at dinner time, I'd make a point to tell him to go home instead of serving up a free plate of food, too.

Chiefnj2
06-05-2009, 10:41 AM
He should have paid. I remember when I was a kid something like this happened to me. My brother and I went to a summer camp thing and my mom and a neighbor took turns driving us home. One day the neighbor was driving us and his kids and said, "Who wants to stop for ice cream?" Then after we order the ice-cream he was like, "You guys don't have any money?" It made us feel like crap. I was pissed about it. If you ask a kid to do something you should presume to pay.

I've been on the other side of that. You ever buy a kid an ice cream - kid asks for waffle cone, toppings, etc., and then literally takes two licks and tosses the entire thing in the garbage? I was like WTF . I could have wiped my arse with a $5.00 bill and gotten more value.

Pants
06-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Take his kid to the cages and pay for him. He'll tell his daddy how he got to hit with your son. And even if this behavior persists, you still need to be a better man and set a good example for both boys.

Chief Henry
06-05-2009, 10:42 AM
That wasn't very cool on your neighbors part.

dirk digler
06-05-2009, 10:46 AM

Sounds like you are still pissed

Sure-Oz
Anytime my friends parents invited me to things like dinner, games, etc when i was a child they always paid and vice versa. If otherwise stated the parent i dont think should have to give money, if anything give the kid money incase.

Demonpenz
sometimes things mean alot to you as a kid and some other shit doesn't but you never know when you are going to make a memory for a lifetime for some kid, good or bad

Buehler445
06-05-2009, 10:48 AM
I'd find the guy in passing and just politely ask how it went at the batting cages. Then you get his side of the story.

Then you can go from there.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise
06-05-2009, 10:48 AM
I've been on the other side of that. You ever buy a kid an ice cream - kid asks for waffle cone, toppings, etc., and then literally takes two licks and tosses the entire thing in the garbage? I was like WTF . I could have wiped my arse with a $5.00 bill and gotten more value.

You should have made the kid fish it out of the garbage and finish it.

Iowanian
06-05-2009, 10:49 AM
It was a shitty thing for him to do.

If I invite a kid to go along, I'm buying and on something like that, the kid would definitely get a turn.

If my kid gets invited, I'm sending money anyway.

Take your kid to the batting cages this weekend.

teedubya
06-05-2009, 10:50 AM
Take his kid to the cages and pay for him. He'll tell his daddy how he got to hit with your son. And even if this behavior persists, you still need to be a better man and set a good example for both boys.

You know what... that is what I will do. I will take him and pay for him to hit a round of balls... because Im awesome.

teedubya
06-05-2009, 10:51 AM
sometimes things mean alot to you as a kid and some other shit doesn't but you never know when you are going to make a memory for a lifetime for some kid, good or bad

Look at you... all busting out wisdom and shit.

88TG88
I'd find the guy in passing and just politely ask how it went at the batting cages. Then you get his side of the story.

Then you can go from there.
Posted via Mobile Device

this

Revenge should come after you heard the whole story.

blaise
Sounds like you are still pissed

Actually I am now that I think about it, I was a pretty smart ass kid back then and I was very close to telling the guy to go fuck himself.

Frazod
06-05-2009, 10:52 AM
I doubt if the guy even realizes he did anything wrong. Probably the same kind of prick who'll eat somebody else's sandwich out of the office refrigerator, because.... well, he's hungry and nothing else matters. Call him on it, and he'll just look at you like you're crazy.

Iowanian
06-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Metro has the best comment so far.

The view is better from the high road, and there is no need to involve his son.
take his kid along sometime and pay for it, maybe dad will learn a subtle lesson in doing the right thing.

Deberg_1990
06-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Probably the same kind of prick who'll eat somebody else's sandwich out of the office refrigerator, because.... well, he's hungry and nothing else matters.

If it sits there more than 2 weeks, its fair game!

Cannibal
06-05-2009, 10:53 AM
That guy is an asshole plain and simple. He made you kid stand there and watch. I would have felt bad for the kid standing there and watching and paid for him.

blaise
06-05-2009, 10:54 AM
You know what... that is what I will do. I will take him and pay for him to hit a round of balls... because Im awesome.

The best part of that is that his kid will realize on some level that his dad is cheap and classless.

Chiefnj2

Invite the kid to a Royals game. When he doesn't have money, leave him at the front gate while you and your son enjoy the game. Tell him to make sure he doesn't wander away and tie a red balloon to his wrist so you can find him easily when the game lets out.

rad
I'd go over there and grab him by the jugular. Pick him up by his liver and smash him into his own nuts. You don't do that shit to kids. You gotta set a good example and whatnot.

Frazod
06-05-2009, 10:55 AM
The best part of that is that his kid will realize on some level that his dad is cheap and classless.

More likely that he'll simply grow up to be just like him.

Demonpenz
06-05-2009, 10:55 AM
What is your sons swing like? Maybe he just told your son to swing at air and save the money

blaise
06-05-2009, 10:56 AM
More likely that he'll simply grow up to be just like him.

Probably. Those are the kind of people that act like an ass to a waitress and then leave her 10%.

Iowanian
06-05-2009, 10:57 AM
This is one of those times when your son will learn that life isn't always fair, or filled with well reasoned people.

Lead by example.

I wouldn't focus on the other dad and probably wouldn't say shit about it. Some people just have a permanent cranial-rectal inversion.

Demonpenz
06-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Some of my best memories was my dad was halfway cheap ass, but when he was pissed at work or something he would just say, Hey lets go get that bass fishing game for nes! Man my dad is awesome. He knew I didn't want to sit out in the heat being bored as shit, so we would sit in AC catching pixilated fish. LMAO i am not even making this up

dirk digler
06-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Actually I am now that I think about it, I was a pretty smart ass kid back then and I was very close to telling the guy to go fuck himself.

LMAO I could tell. It sounds like you have been scarred for life.

Chiefnj2
06-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Keep the event in your back pocket for now. When the kids turn 14 and you take them for their first hookers make sure his kid gets the tranny. You'll be even.

Chaunceythe3rd
06-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Your kid might be traumatized. Better take him to a psychiatrist. You don't want him going through life with a "wounded inner child" inside. Those kind of people end up in prison or on Dr. Phil.

Just Passin' By
06-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Kids often don't tell the whole story because they're only seeing things from their perspective. Go have a polite talk with the father.

Simply Red
06-05-2009, 11:07 AM
So my son's friend, a neighborhood kid were playing catch last night... and his dad asked both of them if they wanted to go to the batting cages last night.

They were excited to go... my son came home and got his batting gloves... They went out to Paradise Park... and only his son got to hit.

So, I'm wondering if I should invite him along for a trip to Sheridans Ice Cream, but only get my son some Ice Cream.

no sir, take the 'adult' route. Buy them all ice-cream cones, NEXT, immediately instuct your son to beat his ass and take his ice-cream cone.

blaise
06-05-2009, 11:09 AM
LMAO I could tell. It sounds like you have been scarred for life.

That's the way it works when you're a kid. You remember that stuff. That dude ended up being my junior high math teacher and my junior high basketball coach later on and we didn't see eye to eye then. I didn't show him much respect. He was your typical coach/teacher a-hole type. His oldest so turned out to be gay.

Deberg_1990
06-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Some of my best memories was my dad was halfway cheap ass, but when he was pissed at work or something he would just say, Hey lets go get that bass fishing game for nes! Man my dad is awesome. He knew I didn't want to sit out in the heat being bored as shit, so we would sit in AC catching pixilated fish. LMAO i am not even making this up

Did he buy you that Fine Young Cannibals cassette too, when they were at the top of the charts?

kepp
06-05-2009, 11:13 AM

Very crappy indeed. If I, as a parent, invited one of my daughter's friends for ice cream or something, my wife or I would definitely pay.

Iowanian
06-05-2009, 11:14 AM
When I was 5 years old, we lived in town. An old man in the neighborhood wouldn't let me ride my bike(learning) on his sidewalk(we didn't have one).

A couple of years later, after we had moved to our farm, that old guy was fishing in our pond without permission. My dad let me tell him to leave because of the bike deal. It felt good.

I never forgot that. Both the fact that he was an old bastard and what my dad did.

Demonpenz
06-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Did he buy you that Fine Young Cannibals cassette too, when they were at the top of the charts?

The year was 1994 I was 13 and my dad picked me up with the grey astrovan. The cassette he bought for me, he actually listened too more. That was VS by Pearl Jam. He went on to bat me eight for our pony league team. bastard

Demonpenz
06-05-2009, 11:16 AM
If the kid was a girl I would probably be really nice because she will be 18 in a few years

teedubya
06-05-2009, 12:35 PM
If the kid was a girl I would probably be really nice because she will be 18 in a few years

ROFL. Good Lord.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-05-2009, 01:34 PM

Well I'm glad you are. I'd be sure to return the favor just so Dad can hear about it. Because I'm an asshole.

Demonpenz
06-05-2009, 01:38 PM
while handicapped people make hadicapped faces

Saulbadguy
06-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Take his kid to the batting cages and leave him there. One up the next guy whenever possible.

Fairplay
06-05-2009, 01:50 PM
Ari you should have gave your kid some cash man.

ModSocks
06-05-2009, 01:51 PM

This.

Yeah, it was pretty dickish move on the part of that father, but showing him your the better father/man is probably the sweetest revenge right next to pimping his wife.

Fuck it, just go pimp his wife out. The meth lab guys might be feeling lonely. Then u can use that money and take ur son to the cages all day!
Posted via Mobile Device

CoMoChief
06-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Sounds like that Dad's either an asshole, or is just a plain ol asshole. Did he really expect that the kid wanted to go just to watch? Christ pay a fuckin dollar or 2 or 3 and let the kid hit.

You should invite that kid over for dinner and then not serve him shit.

BigRock
06-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Why punish the kid? It's not his fault his dad is a dick. It's the dad who needs to get his.

Do you have any gay friends?

Do you know of any local gloryholes?

Do you have a camera?

KCChiefsMan
06-05-2009, 02:00 PM
I think that is pretty messed up.

Fairplay
06-05-2009, 02:01 PM

Sorry i didn't see this Ari.

That is really cool of you.

Consistent1
06-05-2009, 02:20 PM
It is pretty messed up that the other dad did that. He had to have known that your son wanted to hit also. Why would somebody do that? I agree that you should always send some cash with your kids like others have said, but still. Are these people fairly poor or something? That is the only thing I can think of is that he only had enough to spend for his kid and depended on you providing cash. Even then, most people would still split what they had up in that situation. Sorry to hear it. I wouldn't really go out of my way to show that I "am a better man" either. It also won't do anyone any good to mention it in my opinion. Just take note of it for future consideration.

Silock
06-05-2009, 02:27 PM
That's shitty. Even if the other dad was annoyed because your kid didn't have money, he still should have bit the bullet and ponied up for the cost of it. What a douche.

Next time his kid's hanging around at dinner time, I'd make a point to tell him to go home instead of serving up a free plate of food, too.

Nah, don't punish the kid for the dad's douchebaggery.

Just go punch the other dad. Problem solved.

Frazod
06-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Nah, don't punish the kid for the dad's douchebaggery.

Just go punch the other dad. Problem solved.

How is it punishment sending a kid home to his own house at dinner time?

Silock
06-05-2009, 02:30 PM
How is it punishment sending a kid home to his own house at dinner time?

Depends on how good his mom's cooking is.

Frazod
06-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Depends on how good his mom's cooking is.

Yeah, sending a kid home to my mother-in-law's cooking would be cruel. :D

WhitiE
06-06-2009, 07:17 AM

yup

WilliamTheIrish
06-06-2009, 07:22 AM

Well done, Metro.

Bwana
06-06-2009, 07:33 AM
That is low test.

BigRedChief
06-06-2009, 08:57 AM
Did they go to Paradise Park cages? They are expensive and the Dad may be cheap. But nevertheless, defintely a major breach of etiqutte.

I coached little league baseball for 10 years. More trips to the batting cages than I care to remember, I would never have thought about not letting a kid take a turn in the cage. But, you need to take the high road. Let it go.

KcFanInGA
06-06-2009, 09:13 AM

Agreed. Your neighbor sounds like a dousche. He couldn't pony up to pay for your kid to bat? I bought my neighbors kids ice cream from the truck and he came over and thanked me in person. What has happened to manners?

wild1
06-06-2009, 09:14 AM
the things people will waste their time bitching about...

Saul Good
06-06-2009, 09:35 AM
What's a round at the batting cages cost? Seems like a trivial amount of money, so the guy's an ass.

Still, you should have given your kid some money. Presuming that the other guy is going to pay for your kid is almost as bad . Even though you have paid for things for his kid before, that doesn't necessarily mean that he "owes" your kid anything in return. If you paid for his kid, you should have done it out of kindness.

If I were that guy, I would have paid, but if I were you, I would have given my kid money just in case.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-06-2009, 10:43 AM
You should take them to the strip club but only pay for your sons lap dance!

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Invite the kid to a Royals game. When he doesn't have money, leave him at the front gate while you and your son enjoy the game. Tell him to make sure he doesn't wander away and tie a red balloon to his wrist so you can find him easily when the game lets out.

You have to be carefull giving Aridouche ideas, he's pretty gullible.

Bugeater
06-06-2009, 10:53 AM
What's a round at the batting cages cost? Seems like a trivial amount of money, so the guy's an ass.

This. If he invited your son and had no intent on paying for him, he should have made that clear beforehand.

BigChiefFan
06-06-2009, 11:39 AM
The other dad, could have sprung for a round of pitches-total of $1.00-yes, he's a sad sack.

Flip side of the coin, always be prepared.

RNR
06-06-2009, 12:00 PM
If I were that guy, I would have paid, but if I were you, I would have given my kid money just in case.

Pretty much agree with this

kstater
06-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Kick his ass and sleep with his wife.

Bugeater
06-06-2009, 12:02 PM
The other dad, could have sprung for a round of pitches-total of $1.00-yes, he's a sad sack.

Flip side of the coin, always be prepared.
Is that seriously the amount of money we're talking about here? If so, the guy is a Grade A asshole, no ands, ifs or buts about it.

jAZ
06-06-2009, 12:14 PM
I'd wait till I see the guy next time, and the apologize to him.

Say that you are sorry for not sending your son with change to use the batting cage and promise to remember next time. But then politely ask that if in the future, if something like this happens, could he loan your son the money and you will without question repay him for the expense.

That will likely make him feel crappy about stiffing your son, even if it was because you didn't send him with any money.

RNR
06-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Is that seriously the amount of money we're talking about here? If so, the guy is a Grade A asshole, no ands, ifs or buts about it.

True, but he should have given his son money also IMO. Also if he has a problem with the guy he should take up with him. To take it out on the other guys kid is pretty chickenshit IMO

ChiefaRoo
06-06-2009, 12:42 PM

This.

wild1
06-06-2009, 12:55 PM
I haven't read the thread, but who is the cheapskate here - the one who didn't pay for someone else's kid, or the one who sent his kid expecting the other guy to pay for him...?

StcChief
06-06-2009, 12:57 PM
LMAOYou should take them to the strip club but only pay for your sons lap dance!LMAO

BigChiefFan
06-06-2009, 12:58 PM
That's what it was a few months ago when we went.

Kyle DeLexus
06-06-2009, 01:23 PM
True, but he should have given his son money also IMO. Also if he has a problem with the guy he should take up with him. To take it out on the other guys kid is pretty chickenshit IMO

I'm not a father so I could be wrong, but I can see how it'd be easy to forget to remember to give your son money if he comes home all excited and in a hurry and runs and grabs his glove and takes off.

If I was the other guy and had no intention on paying for someone else, I'd either not invite them or tell them to run home and get some money. If he came back with no money, I'm buying.

When I was a kid, I usually had money and would offer to pay for stuff but my bestfriends parents wouldn't hear of it and always payed my way. My mom did the same for him.

Valiant
06-06-2009, 01:31 PM
The real question of the story is: Who let you procreate with them??

RNR
06-06-2009, 01:36 PM
I'm not a father so I could be wrong, but I can see how it'd be easy to forget to remember to give your son money if he comes home all excited and in a hurry and runs and grabs his glove and takes off.

If I was the other guy and had no intention on paying for someone else, I'd either not invite them or tell them to run home and get some money. If he came back with no money, I'm buying.

When I was a kid, I usually had money and would offer to pay for stuff but my bestfriends parents wouldn't hear of it and always payed my way. My mom did the same for him.

I totally agree with your post and maybe he did not have a chance to give his son money. I agree the guy sounds like a total asshole. I do disagree with the OP thinking of ways to get even with the asshole by treating the guys son badly. That is ptetty chickenshit IMO I would ask the guy why he let his son bat and not my son. I would have told him I would have been more than happy to have paid him back. I would have told the "dad" about my displeasure with his behavior. The thought of treating his son badly to get even would never even cross my mind.

petegz28
06-06-2009, 01:42 PM
That is pretty crappy.

stevieray
06-06-2009, 03:02 PM
he could've treated, since he invited, and you could've given him money at least for snacks and soda, if not enough to pay for an extra round of swings ..

ieither way, it's still crappy.

StcChief
06-06-2009, 03:06 PM
he's either just ignorant or went with little cash.

teedubya
06-06-2009, 03:37 PM
I took them to the batting cages yesterday... my seven year old hit or foul tipped 32 out of 40 pitches. The neighborhood kid hit 5 out of 40 and is eleven. SO, it is clear that his kid needed the practice more than mine.

But, come to find out... the 11 year old hit $7.00 worth or 140 baseballs, while my kid stood and watched...

And he ran in and said, Harrison's dad asked if I could go to the batting cages with them... they are ready to go, is it ok? I said, sure... and he ran out the door, without thinking of giving him a couple bucks.

I SHOULD have given him a couple bucks, but it happened so fast that I didn't think to... AND he let his kid bat 7 times... and my kid had to watch... that is shitty, IMO.

Hammock Parties
06-06-2009, 03:38 PM
I took them to the batting cages yesterday... my seven year old hit or foul tipped 32 out of 40 pitches. The neighborhood kid hit 5 out of 40 and is eleven. SO, it is clear that his kid needed the practice more than mine.

LMAO

You really are a bitter little bitch about these things.

teedubya
06-06-2009, 03:41 PM
LMAO

Heh. Yeah, I counted how many they each hit. But, in my defense, I work with my kid a lot of his baseball skills. I rarely see him working with his son.

And thanks for the laughs, Claythan!

Bugeater
06-06-2009, 03:44 PM
LMAO

I'd feel the same way if it happened to my son, especially over what amounted to a few bucks.

Mecca
06-06-2009, 03:46 PM
You should hit baseballs at the kids dad.

Deberg_1990
06-06-2009, 03:55 PM
my seven year old hit or foul tipped 32 out of 40 pitches. The neighborhood kid hit 5 out of 40 and is eleven. SO, it is clear that his kid needed the practice more than mine.

This probably didnt need to be said....

Your not a tad bit angry are you?

stevieray
06-06-2009, 04:05 PM
seven lousy dollars?

no pun intended.

Mr. Kotter
06-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Me? I'd have offered money...but, yeah, as others have said....what the other dude did was crappy. With our four kids, I've learned never to assume the other parents are gonna spring when mine are "invited" for something. I offer, or give the kids cash. 90% of the time, the parents who invited my kid covers it--and I keep my cash, that time. 90% of the time, we will reciprocate at a later date though too.

Kyle DeLexus
06-06-2009, 04:34 PM

But, come to find out... the 11 year old hit $7.00 worth or 140 baseballs, while my kid stood and watched...

And he ran in and said, Harrison's dad asked if I could go to the batting cages with them... they are ready to go, is it ok? I said, sure... and he ran out the door, without thinking of giving him a couple bucks.

I SHOULD have given him a couple bucks, but it happened so fast that I didn't think to... AND he let his kid bat 7 times... and my kid had to watch... that is shitty, IMO.

I'm with you 100%. Like I said earlier, I can see how it would be easy to forget to give him a couple bucks if he runs in and is in a hurry. That's a good lesson for me when I am a father though, always remember to said "wait, here's some money"

Your are an awesome guy to take that kid with you and your son. I probably would have just taken my son and let him hit since he didn't get to, you know if I had a son and that had happened.

Phobia
06-06-2009, 05:19 PM

Dude, you have really turned into a pleasure haven't you. I'd have never expected this from you when you first showed up on this board. WTG.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-06-2009, 05:20 PM

Say that you are sorry for not sending your son with change to use the batting cage and promise to remember next time. But then politely ask that if in the future, if something like this happens, could he loan your son the money and you will without question repay him for the expense.

That will likely make him feel crappy about stiffing your son, even if it was because you didn't send him with any money.

That's the perfect passive, aggressive play.

crazycoffey
06-06-2009, 05:22 PM

This, both kids will learn from your behavior over the other parents. If not right away, eventually...

DeezNutz
06-06-2009, 05:22 PM

If he's stupid and insensitive enough not to pay for the kid the first time, I doubt fairly subtle cues are going to have a major effect.

This guy is a complete fucking dumbshit, and, unless you speak this language, you're probably wasting your time.

Phobia
06-06-2009, 05:23 PM
That's the perfect passive, aggressive play.

No kidding. I'm very sorry for my presumption that jAZ was a man. I promise to treat her with more respect in the future.

Pioli Zombie
06-06-2009, 08:54 PM
How old are the kids. If pre-teen then the parent should have asked you first not your son.
Posted via Mobile Device

StcChief
06-07-2009, 07:49 AM
No kidding. I'm very sorry for my presumption that jAZ was a man. I promise to treat her with more respect in the future.LMAO

StcChief
06-07-2009, 07:51 AM
This Jackass guy is the 'Future coach in middle school' of the team YOU DONT want your kid to be part of....

EyePod
06-07-2009, 09:36 AM
Next you'll complain cause his son got molested, and he totally ignored your son. What a cock-tease.