PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Gretz: Mini-Camp Update 6/6 P.M.

Tribal Warfare
06-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Mini-Camp Update 6/6 P.M. (http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/mini-camp-update-66-pm.html)
June 6, 2009 - Bob Gretz |

From the Truman Sports Complex

Practice No. 4 went down Saturday afternoon, as the Chiefs wrapped up Day No. 2 of their three-day mini-camp. I’m going to bet head coach Todd Haley wasn’t very happy with his offense when this one was over.

The team got on the field earlier than expected because their annual meeting with NFL Security was over quicker than scheduled. Somebody must have forgotten to tell the offensive side, because they were out of synch and out of sorts throughout the session.

In the seven-on-seven passing drill, the football was on the ground more than it was in receivers hands. CBs Maurice Leggett and Ricardo Colclough both had interceptions. It was the second time on the day that Leggett had picked off QB Matt Cassel. There were several other near interceptions, a handful of dropped passes and what seemed like plenty of mental mistakes from the offense.

Things got worse in the teamwork portion of the practice. The Chiefs ran 12 plays and only three gained more than a few yards. There were two near interceptions by the defense, which twice snuffed out screen passes behind the line of scrimmage. The last play of teamwork and the practice ended with a shotgun snap from C Rudy Niswanger sailing over the head of Cassel.

There were 83 players on the field for the afternoon session; LB Monty Beisel was missing again as he was attending the wedding of his brother. Absent from the afternoon session was TE Tony Curtis, who was getting married Saturday evening. Congratulations to Curtis!

From that group, 79 took part in the practice work, as the rehab brigade continued on another field. It’s no picnic on the sidelines during practice for the injured. Those who are far enough along in their rehab to be able to move about are put through extensive drills by the strength and conditioning coaches. Sometimes, it looks like they are getting more work in than the guys who are actually practicing.

Some other observations from the afternoon session:

– On special teams, the club worked on field goal situations including what he defense should do after a blocked FG goes across the line of scrimmage or stays behind the line. The defense also worked on reacting to fake field goals.

– Kickers Connor Barth and Ryan Succop were both four-for-four on FGs from 32, 39, 43 and 45 yards. That was a pretty good effort given that there was a strong wind out of the southeast blowing into the practice fields. It was at the kickers back, but blowing from left to right.

– The Chiefs worked more on throwing the ball in this session than running. RB Larry Johnson ran several very nice routes, including one where he badly beat S Jarrad Page. But Johnson couldn’t pull down the high throw. RB Dantrell Savage got behind LB Corey Mays with a burst of speed on a long pass that was overthrown. WR Rodney Wright had a nice play, beating CB Brandon Flowers on a deep ball. FB Jed Collins made a real nice catch down field.

– Veteran RG Mike Goff again schooled No. 1 pick DE Tyson Jackson in the one-on-one pass protection drill, easily handling the younger player on three consecutive snaps. But third-round pick Alex Magee had three nice pass rushes going against LG Wade Smith. Things were different later when Magee went head-to-head against Brian Waters.

Hammock Parties
06-06-2009, 06:27 PM
– The Chiefs worked more on throwing the ball in this session than running. RB Larry Johnson ran several very nice routes, including one where he badly beat S Jarrad Page.

OH DEAR GOD.

LARRY YOU BEAST!

orange
06-06-2009, 06:36 PM
OH DEAR GOD.

LARRY YOU BEAST!

Too bad he didn't beat Pollard. You'd be set for the week.

Hammock Parties
06-06-2009, 06:38 PM

Everyone beats Pollard.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-06-2009, 06:39 PM

Never happen.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-06-2009, 06:41 PM
The last play of teamwork and the practice ended with a shotgun snap from C Rudy Niswanger sailing over the head of Cassel.

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Everyone beats Pollard.

Pollard beats yo' mama with a dick-stick!:evil:

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-06-2009, 06:44 PM
OH DEAR GOD.

LARRY YOU BEAST!

But Johnson couldn’t pull down the high throw.

Que sera-sera.LMAO

Hammock Parties
06-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Hey it's not Larry's fault Cassel missed him.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-06-2009, 06:54 PM

How dare you, Sir!LMAO

Kerberos
06-06-2009, 07:55 PM
OH DEAR GOD.

LARRY YOU BEAST!

Everyone beats Pollard.

Hey Man

How come WPI doesn't get coverage from "Inside" the OTA's?

Hammock Parties
06-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Hey Man

How come WPI doesn't get coverage from "Inside" the OTA's?

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Nick was at practice today.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-06-2009, 08:39 PM
I'm not sure what you're talking about. Nick was at practice today.

Was he "brought in for a look" at QB?

LMAO

Hammock Parties
06-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Was he "brought in for a look" at QB?

LMAO

Nick and Joe Montana have similar builds.

Coach
06-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Nick and Brodie Croyle have similar builds.

Fixed.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Nick and Joe Montana have similar builds.

ROFL

Hammock Parties
06-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Fixed.

No. Nick doesn't have Brodie's arm strength.

Coach
06-06-2009, 08:44 PM

I'm aware of that. Nick has a body that is like Brodie, which is capable of snapping in half when someone touches him, and I'm sure that he has a arm strength of a Damon Wobbler Launcher Hutard.

In other words, just camp fodder.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-06-2009, 08:45 PM

Were you throwing the ball around together, or was he spanking you over his knee in that swanky, reech, Coreeeeenthian Leather chair of his?

Hammock Parties
06-06-2009, 08:46 PM
I'm aware of that. Nick has a body that is like Brodie, which is capable of snapping in half when someone touches him, and I'm sure that he has a arm strength of a Damon Wobbler Launcher Hutard.

In other words, just camp fodder.

I don't know. I've seen Nick take vicious hits from message board posters. I'm not sure Brodie could survive a good troll.

TEX
06-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Cool! SOunds like our defense is AWESOME! ;)

BarrySPAMAID
06-06-2009, 10:13 PM
rom the Truman Sports Complex

Practice No. 4 went down Saturday afternoon, as the Chiefs wrapped up Day No. 2 of their three-day mini-camp. I’m going to bet head coach Todd Haley wasn’t very happy with his offense when this one was over.

( Stop, THIS RIGHT HERE BOB. I will let Todd Haley tell me how he felt about practice. Thanks )

In the seven-on-seven passing drill, the football was on the ground more than it was in receivers hands. CBs Maurice Leggett and Ricardo Colclough both had interceptions. It was the second time on the day that Leggett had picked off QB Matt Cassel. There were several other near interceptions, a handful of dropped passes and what seemed like plenty of mental mistakes from the offense.

I'm sure that Matt Cassel and everyone that dropped passes, along with everything else is evidence that INDEED the sky is falling. We are ALL going to die.

Things got worse in the teamwork portion of the practice. The Chiefs ran 12 plays and only three gained more than a few yards. There were two near interceptions by the defense, which twice snuffed out screen passes behind the line of scrimmage. The last play of teamwork and the practice ended with a shotgun snap from C Rudy Niswanger sailing over the head of Cassel.

See, I told you so. Pack your season in, this one's over,......

Some other observations from the afternoon session:

– On special teams, the club worked on field goal situations including what he defense should do after a blocked FG goes across the line of scrimmage or stays behind the line. The defense also worked on reacting to fake field goals.

Well, they gotta do it.

– Kickers Connor Barth and Ryan Succop were both four-for-four on FGs from 32, 39, 43 and 45 yards. That was a pretty good effort given that there was a strong wind out of the southeast blowing into the practice fields. It was at the kickers back, but blowing from left to right.

This Succop is gonna push Barth my friends. Remember, he was only the 2nd kicker taken in the draft. If that puts things into perspective at all....

– The Chiefs worked more on throwing the ball in this session than running. RB Larry Johnson ran several very nice routes, including one where he badly beat S Jarrad Page. But Johnson couldn’t pull down the high throw. RB Dantrell Savage got behind LB Corey Mays with a burst of speed on a long pass that was overthrown. WR Rodney Wright had a nice play, beating CB Brandon Flowers on a deep ball. FB Jed Collins made a real nice catch down field.

Where is my freaking BATTLE highlight?????? DAMNIT GRETZ!!!:banghead:

– Veteran RG Mike Goff again schooled No. 1 pick DE Tyson Jackson in the one-on-one pass protection drill, easily handling the younger player on three consecutive snaps. But third-round pick Alex Magee had three nice pass rushes going against LG Wade Smith. Things were different later when Magee went head-to-head against Brian Waters.

Wow, with Waters, and Goff, I seem just a little more peachy about this offensive line right now. Say what you will, I'm feeling ok about it right now. I also just chugged about 3 Koolaid Slammers too, so ,....it is what it is.

BarrySPAMAID
06-06-2009, 10:16 PM
I don't know. I've seen Nick take vicious hits from message board posters. I'm not sure Brodie could survive a good troll.

HEY NOW,...you need to do your homework on yours truly. Wendler right?

Remember what Raised on Riots said,...."Singular"

If there is a FAN out there of Croyle's, it's me. And Nick rules.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Good Lord man; put some Valium in that Kool-Aid!

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-06-2009, 10:17 PM
HEY NOW,...you need to do your homework on yours truly. Wendler right?

Remember what Raised on Riots said,...."Singular"

If there is a FAN out there of Croyle's, it's me. And Nick rules.

And with that, his destruction was assured.:doh!:

BarrySPAMAID
06-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Good Lord man; put some Valium in that Kool-Aid!

I haven't been at my PC all weekend. There is much work to be done.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-06-2009, 10:23 PM
Uh oh...

BarrySPAMAID
06-06-2009, 10:25 PM
And with that, his destruction was assured.:doh!:

Look bro, Barry is a big boy, and thanks for getting my back. You know Nick is my friend, and I'm not the kind of poster that would bash a friend. I could give a shite less what anyone else thinks of him or Me. I'm what you call, an "equal opportunity" blogger.

And what Nick does for the community of Chiefs fans outside of Kansas City, as well as in, is what I am all about. Chiefsnation. Talking Chiefs, every damn day of my life. I know you feel me bro,...

So, if people want to Bash a Koolaid drinker for loving Everyone from Athan to Petro, to Farzin, I just say this,....

Go be pissed somewhere else...The Kansas City Chiefs are the greatest team in all of the land, and ANYONE who agree's with me has my absolute love and respect. Now, Faider fans,...that's when I get a little dirty. You are my friend too though, so you get the same amout of love buddy!!:thumb:

RealSNR
06-07-2009, 12:20 AM
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!

RealSNR
06-07-2009, 12:25 AM
Look bro, Barry is a big boy, and thanks for getting my back. You know Nick is my friend, and I'm not the kind of poster that would bash a friend. I could give a shite less what anyone else thinks of him or Me. I'm what you call, an "equal opportunity" blogger.

And what Nick does for the community of Chiefs fans outside of Kansas City, as well as in, is what I am all about. Chiefsnation. Talking Chiefs, every damn day of my life. I know you feel me bro,...

So, if people want to Bash a Koolaid drinker for loving Everyone from Athan to Petro, to Farzin, I just say this,....

Go be pissed somewhere else...The Kansas City Chiefs are the greatest team in all of the land, and ANYONE who agree's with me has my absolute love and respect. Now, Faider fans,...that's when I get a little dirty. You are my friend too though, so you get the same amout of love buddy!!:thumb:Nick sucks. Petro sucks. Farzin sucks.

Did that cover it?

milkman
06-07-2009, 05:31 AM
Nick sucks. Petro sucks. Farzin sucks.

Did that cover it?

No.

You forgot "Barry sucks" and "Kool-Aid sucks".

milkman
06-07-2009, 05:34 AM

Go be pissed somewhere else...The Kansas City Chiefs are the greatest team in all of the land, and ANYONE who agree's with me has my absolute love and respect. Now, Faider fans,...that's when I get a little dirty. You are my friend too though, so you get the same amout of love buddy!!:thumb:

And while we are at it, shut the fuck up.

I'm going to be pissed right here.
Don't like it?
Too fucking bad.

the Talking Can
06-07-2009, 05:44 AM

Nick Athan is a shit stain embarrassment to humanity and the English language.....he makes retards write letters to the editor he's so fucking pathetically stupid....

I'd sooner Gunther bare backed me while singing Slow Ride than read one single mind destroying sentence from the Circus Clown of sports writing...

that explains a lot, you liking Nick...

Fat Elvis
06-07-2009, 07:33 AM
Nick "Assclown" Athan is a shit stain embarrassment to humanity and the English language.....he makes retards write letters to the editor he's so ****ing pathetically stupid....

I'd sooner Gunther bare backed me while singing Slow Ride than read one single mind destroying sentence from the Circus Clown of sports writing...

ROFL

Coogs
06-07-2009, 09:22 AM

I too love talking Chiefs every damn day. And, like a fool, I paid the $109 dollar fee. You know the old saying... Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

BarrySPAMAID
06-07-2009, 11:28 AM
No.

You forgot "Barry sucks" and "Kool-Aid sucks".

Charming.

And while we are at it, shut the **** up.

On a roll today are we Milkman?

I'm going to be pissed right here.
Don't like it?
Too ****ing bad.

Be pissed all you want. I never said you couldn't be bro. Not my business.

Nick "Assclown" Athan is a shit stain embarrassment to humanity and the English language.....he makes retards write letters to the editor he's so ****ing pathetically stupid....

Classy!!:thumb:

Mr. Krab
06-07-2009, 12:02 PM
You gotta give Gretz credit, he's about the only guy actually reporting anything.

BigChiefFan
06-07-2009, 12:56 PM
You gotta give Gretz credit, he's about the only guy actually reporting anything. I agree. He's done a better job since he doesn't have to kiss Carl's butt anymore.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-07-2009, 01:03 PM
I agree. He's done a better job since he doesn't have to kiss Carl's butt anymore.

Yep.

Tribal Warfare
06-07-2009, 05:33 PM

Are you a part of JD Prez's diluted NEPA gang?

BarrySPAMAID
06-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Are you a part of JD Prez's diluted NEPA gang?

Huh?

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Huh?

That's what I said.:hmmm: