PDA

View Full Version : Music Chickenfoot!

Braincase
06-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Downloading the new album to my Zune right now. Available free for Zune subscribers.

Also, Sammy, Mikey, Joe & Chad will be at the Uptown Theater August 11th. I'll be the bald guy in the front row.

Bowser
06-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Also, Sammy, Mikey, Joe & Chad will be at the Uptown Theater August 11th. I'll be the bald guy in the front row.

Damn, that's going to be a full concert week. Green Day, Cruefest, and now those guys. I should just call in all week.

BigChiefFan
06-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Too cool-I've seen a couple of videos on youtube for them and it's pretty damn good.

Lzen
06-08-2009, 07:38 AM
Chickenfoot?

Is that Hagar's new thing?

DaneMcCloud
06-08-2009, 08:50 AM
Amazon has the full album download (11 songs) for $3.99

Lzen
06-08-2009, 09:40 AM
So, it's Sammy Hagar (he's 61 years old? ), Michael Anthony (former Van Halen bassist), some drummer named Chad Smith, and Satch on guitar? Sweet!

DaneMcCloud
06-08-2009, 10:56 AM
So, it's Sammy Hagar (he's 61 years old? ), Michael Anthony (former Van Halen bassist), some drummer named Chad Smith, and Satch on guitar? Sweet!

Chad Smith has been the drummer for the Chili Peppers for more than 20 years.

Andy Johns produced the record at Skywalker Sound and it does indeed sound great.

Lzen
06-08-2009, 11:04 AM
Ah, ok. I never knew the Chili Peppers drummer's name. I knew Flea and Anthony what's his name. Sad cause I have several RHCP albums. :(

I might have to DL this one from Amazon. Sounds alright.

DaneMcCloud
06-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Ah, ok. I never knew the Chili Peppers drummer's name. I knew Flea and Anthony what's his name. Sad cause I have several RHCP albums. :(

I might have to DL this one from Amazon. Sounds alright.

Here's my take (take it or leave it): The music is very good and the production is outstanding. It sounds like a great Joe Satch record, except with vocal melodies and harmonies instead of guitar melodies and harmonies.

Sammy's voice sounds excellent - top notch. The background vocals are typical Michael Anthony. Outstanding. Chad Smith is an incredible drummer, with a much better "sound" and much more solid playing that Alex Van Halen.

The bummer is that the lyrics suck. Outright suck. Lots of "Oh yeahs" and "Baby" and just nonsense. It sounds ad-libbed for the most part. If they had hired a few different lyricists to assist Sammy (or have outside writers do the lyrics altogether), this could have been an epic record. Hopefully, they'll do that if they do another.

Beyond the first listen, it's a tough listen for me. Sammy's just doesn't say anything and I just can't find any hooks.

PhillyChiefFan
06-08-2009, 02:22 PM
They play Oh Yeah every 1/2 hour it seems here.

I like the song, just hate overplaying anything.

BigChiefFan
07-14-2009, 11:46 AM
The more I listen to it, the better it gets. There's some brilliant moments on this disc. I'm diggin' it.

Oceanic815Survivor
07-14-2009, 12:09 PM
http://home.att.net/~ltorrance/boowatch.jpg

Chicken Boo?

Lzen
07-14-2009, 12:11 PM
They play Oh Yeah every 1/2 hour it seems here.

I like the song, just hate overplaying anything.

That is why I never listen to the radio anymore. Well, unless I walk out of the house and forget my Zune. Radio play can ruin any song because they tend to wear out songs by overplaying them. Not only that but they play only certain songs when I often wonder why others on a particular album get little to no play.

Reaper16
07-14-2009, 12:14 PM
Oh! YEAH! Come on baby tell me what you want! Oh! YEAH! Come one baby tell me what you nEEEEEEEEd!

Reerun_KC
07-14-2009, 04:14 PM
Great Cd... Not a bad listen.... Will for sure go see them in Tulsa in August...