PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff Dayton Moore says that his team isn't in need of any major changes right now!?

MIAdragon
06-07-2009, 02:25 PM
LMAO

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

•Royals' GM Dayton Moore says that his team isn't in need of any major changes right now, via Bob Dutton. “We are constantly evaluating our internal options to improve our team, and specifically our offense. And we’re always looking for opportunities to improve our team through trades or the waiver wire, and we’ll always be aggressive in trying to do that. But I’m confident that we will begin to perform better and play as we did in the first 30 games of the year. That’s all I can focus on.”

Pioli Zombie
06-07-2009, 02:27 PM
WTF?????????
Posted via Mobile Device

Sure-Oz
06-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Maybe he's bluffing, so he doesn't get ripped off on a deal....

get mike jacobs, and guillen out first...

Bowser
06-07-2009, 02:29 PM
The future of the team lies in what we have in the farm system, not with who we can bring in right now. The Royals are still two years away from being serious contenders (if that early).

Mr. Krab
06-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Didn't he also say that the teams major issue is defense? Baseball people are such weird birds sometimes. If you lose a game 4-0 then the MAIN problem is offense. Our offense sucks.

petegz28
06-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Didn't he also say that the teams major issue is defense? Baseball people are such weird birds sometimes. If you lose a game 4-0 then the MAIN problem is offense. Our offense sucks.

When you average 2 runs a game your problem is offense

Pioli Zombie
06-07-2009, 02:34 PM
They.....can't......hit!!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Sure-Oz
06-07-2009, 02:35 PM
the offense is the #1 problem followed by defense....

2 runs a game won't win shit in todays game

Bowser
06-07-2009, 02:35 PM
When you average 2 runs a game your problem is offense

Well, if we could get to flyballs faster or make more spectacular plays on the infield, we could in theory win a ton of games 2-1. lol

Mr. Krab
06-07-2009, 02:39 PM
the offense is the #1 problem followed by defense....

2 runs a game won't win shit in todays game
yea, i guess.

1. offense
2. offense
3. offense
4. offense
5. offense
6. offense
7. offense
8. defense
9. manager
10. inconsistency

wild1
06-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Would you like him to panic and trade away tons of prospects for this year's playoff run?

BWillie
that stupid midget

SPATCH
Maybe he's bluffing, so he doesn't get ripped off on a deal....

get mike jacobs, and guillen out first...

and never hit a homerun for the rest of the season? we don't have anyone else that's a legit threat to go deep...

Mr. Krab
06-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Would you like him to panic and trade away tons of prospects for this year's playoff run?
No, but he doesn't need to insult our intelligence either.

Sure-Oz
06-07-2009, 02:42 PM
and never hit a homerun for the rest of the season? we don't have anyone else that's a legit threat to go deep...

mike jacobs has 9, all solo shots i believe...
they aren't going to help much and probably aren't a part of the future....

i'd rather have butler at DH and Kila brought up

BWillie
06-07-2009, 02:43 PM

I'm ready for Kila. I think he can do it. The guy can walk like mad. Ryan Shealy has 0 home runs in the minors this year....

MIAdragon
06-07-2009, 02:43 PM
"•Meanwhile, Rany Jazayerli suggests a move for the Royals: trade for Jeff Francoeur. His reasoning: buy low on someone with gobs of talent."

From that same link IDK who Rany Jazayerli but JFC are you kidding me?!

petegz28
06-07-2009, 02:44 PM

No, one of them was actually a 3 run shot that meant something.

SPATCH
06-07-2009, 02:46 PM

that's feasible.... but we can't ignore the utter lack of power on this team... i don't really want to see us digress even more in that area..

Sure-Oz
06-07-2009, 02:47 PM
"•Meanwhile, Rany Jazayerli suggests a move for the Royals: trade for Jeff Francoeur. His reasoning: buy low on someone with gobs of talent."

From that same link IDK who Rany Jazayerli but JFC are you kidding me?!

From Rob and Rany, they consistently blog on royals stuff...

i say get him as well, he suggested it'd take guillen and eat a year of his salary.

Sure-Oz
06-07-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm ready for Kila. I think he can do it. The guy can walk like mad. Ryan Shealy has 0 home runs in the minors this year....

I think he needs to be given a shot here...i would hate for us to block a guy that has proven to get on base and hit for power within the last year and a half now.

cabletech94
06-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Still waiting for Guillen to *heat up*.

Also, Dayton more smokes crack.

petegz28
06-07-2009, 03:22 PM
For the sake of the fans I hope Dayton is just blowing smoke. Otherwise he needs to go.

Sure-Oz
06-07-2009, 03:27 PM
For the sake of the fans I hope Dayton is just blowing smoke. Otherwise he needs to go.

He won't say anything anyway....i bet he is aggressive at the deadline, maybe unload some guys that aren't cutting it i hope.

DFA Ramirez is a huge start

Deberg_1990
06-07-2009, 03:34 PM
Until the Royals can draft and develop players in their system well, they wont win. Its as simple as that.

They wont ever be the Yankess or Boston nor should they be.

I know this is all old news but it truly sucks we developed Beltran, Damon and Dye and let them all walk without suitable replacements..

Sure-Oz
06-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Until the Royals can draft and develop players in their system well, they wont win. Its as simple as that.

I know this is all old news but it truly sucks we developed Beltran, Damon and Dye and let them all walk.

We traded for Dye and got really lucky he panned out...

unfortunatly we got fleeced in trading all those guys

cabletech94
06-07-2009, 03:51 PM

Agree 100 million percent.

Letting Beltran go for Teahan and Buck still burns (and I like Teahan).
Buck is nothing more than a backup.

Deberg_1990
06-07-2009, 03:55 PM

Agree 100 million percent.

Letting Beltran go for Teahan and Buck still burns (and I like Teahan).
Buck is nothing more than a backup.

Thank you Allard Baird!! You were the awesome!!

I still think alot falls on Mr. Wal Mart too. I still question his committment to a winner.

DeezNutz
06-07-2009, 03:59 PM

I still think alot falls on Mr. Wal Mart too. I still question his committment to a winner.

Why do you lump Baird in with these?

Do you really think he wanted to trade one of the top young CF's in all of baseball? If he had his druthers, wouldn't Baird has re-signed this guy?

Also, Glass forced Baird to trade Dye for a ML player instead of prospects. That's why he received Neffi Perez (sp? I don't give a fuck enough to look this worthless sack of shit up).

Sure-Oz
06-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Neifi Perez probably had the biggest head, that's all he had going for him

Dye for Perez, what a joke....Glass is a big reason for these worthless trades. We couldve let them go and gotten picks that woulde done more than any of these clowns

ChiTown
06-07-2009, 04:09 PM

He and Hillman can go BF each other all the way to some other Organization. I'm done with these MF'rs

DeezNutz
06-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Neifi Perez probably had the biggest head, that's all he had going for him

Dye for Perez, what a joke....Glass is a big reason for these worthless trades. We couldve let them go and gotten picks that woulde done more than any of these clowns

Glass is the only reason, IMO. Completely ran this franchise into the fucking ground and we're still suffering the consequences of years and years of lack of fucking care today.

Sure-Oz
06-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Glass is the only reason, IMO. Completely ran this franchise into the ****ing ground and we're still suffering the consequences of years and years of lack of ****ing care today.

I really don't get the man....why not give a shit forever and then cut loose baird and then get Moore. Have him turn things around and all the sudden want to win etc..?? I'd think Dayton wouldn't be here unless Glass was on board with winning and helping. I still would prefer a different owner, it's just a business for him. I wonder if he has even seen them play in person this year.

DeezNutz
06-07-2009, 04:12 PM
I really don't get the man....why not give a shit forever and then cut loose baird and then get Moore. Have him turn things around and all the sudden want to win etc..?? I'd think Dayton wouldn't be here unless Glass was on board with winning and helping. I still would prefer a different owner, it's just a business for him. I wonder if he has even seen them play in person this year.

Oh, I think he wants to win now, and the change occurred when he started getting a Brinks truck full of cash in revenue sharing. For the most part, he's willing to spend house money.

Fine. Now, he's trying. Doesn't mean I'm forgiving him for damn near killing this franchise.

BigMeatballDave
06-07-2009, 07:34 PM
No wonder Moore hired Hillman, he's just as stupid...

StcChief
06-07-2009, 07:48 PM
LOL

kcxiv
06-07-2009, 08:04 PM
Just gotta hang in there. Dodgers were in the same situation. We have always had good to great pitching and sup par hitting, the hitters finally came around. Now we are the 2nd highest scoring team in the majors and have the 2nd best team era in the majors.

We are doing all our runs wihtout hitting home runs. IT just takes time.

Demonpenz
06-07-2009, 09:49 PM
everyone can bark, we aren't doing shit for awhile, be thankful we have 6 major league ball players on the team. I am as pissed off as anyone else, but we aren't going to make any rash trades until year 4 or 5 of daytons tenure

teedubya
06-07-2009, 10:15 PM
Royals Baseball....

JFC We Suck!!!!

DeezNutz
06-07-2009, 10:24 PM
everyone can bark, we aren't doing shit for awhile, be thankful we have 6 major league ball players on the team. I am as pissed off as anyone else, but we aren't going to make any rash trades until year 4 or 5 of daytons tenure

LMAO

How fucking pathetic is this when A.) It's true and B.) It's improvement.

Seriously, this fucking sack of shit organization. Brett, start the tirade, please.

Hammock Parties
06-07-2009, 10:29 PM

the way i look at it is, he's not going to tell the media if he's panicking or not, because panic only causes more problems. He's probably feeling the heat and looking into deal more seriously than he's putting on

WilliamTheIrish
06-07-2009, 10:30 PM
the way i look at it is, he's not going to tell the media if he's panicking or not, because panic only causes more problems. He's probably feeling the heat and looking into deal more seriously than he's putting on

Very good.

It's like the dreaded "Vote Of Confidence" given to coaches. The guillotine is usually being sharpened when that statement makes an appearance.

Demonpenz
06-07-2009, 10:32 PM
I am glad to see some piss and vinegar, but in baseball it takes so much fucking time to build shit. Atleast we aren't running out albie lopez, peralta, brian may, brian anderson, scott elterton anymore. Our #4 starter just had a complete game today .

Hammock Parties
06-07-2009, 10:42 PM

just tells ya that allard was one hell of an offensive talent drafter, just was a pushover when it came to the trades and took much less than the guys were worth

Demonpenz
06-07-2009, 10:45 PM
just tells ya that allard was one hell of an offensive talent drafter, just was a pushover when it came to the trades and took much less than the guys were worth

there is alot of luck in there, i alex gordon hits like he is supposed to then dayton is a good O-scout, but alex is alex

DeezNutz
06-07-2009, 10:51 PM
You're not going to get full value for any trade when everyone and his brother knows you're forced to do the deal.

If you're going to trade Beltran, for example, the time to do it was '03. So our little mirage of a pennant chase really ****ed us in more ways than one that year.

Let's not make the same mistake this season. We're not really that close. I don't give a **** if the standings say we're only 5.5 back, or whatever. It might as well be 50; this is a flawed team.

alnorth
06-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Nothing to see here, folks. It is clearly the fault of the owner and the manager. Keep in mind this is a game where the baseball manager is the least relevant of all managers/head coaches in all major sports (even a hockey head coach is more important than a baseball manager) and the baseball general manager is the most critical GM position of any sport, we shouldnt be looking at GM DM for answers.

DaneMcCloud
06-08-2009, 12:09 AM

Uh, why not?

Did you read this week's SI cover story? The first thing the kid says (the same kid that at age 15 is hitting 570 foot home runs and throws 96 mph fastballs) is that he wants to "wear the pinstripes and be the best ever".

The Royals could compete each and every year. IF they spent the dough.

Could you imagine Manny on the Royals? 10-15 more wins, easily. That puts them in the playoffs.

Where anything can happen.

KC fans should stop shooting so low. And demand a better team.

gblowfish
06-08-2009, 08:00 AM
Who is Dayton Moore?

Titty Meat
06-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Who is Dayton Moore?

Overrated GM

Consistent1
06-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Uh, why not?

Did you read this week's SI cover story? The first thing the kid says (the same kid that at age 15 is hitting 570 foot home runs and throws 96 mph fastballs) is that he wants to "wear the pinstripes and be the best ever".

The Royals could compete each and every year. IF they spent the dough.

Could you imagine Manny on the Royals? 10-15 more wins, easily. That puts them in the playoffs.

Where anything can happen.

KC fans should stop shooting so low. And demand a better team.

And if you take it even further, they could have signed Manny and Dunn. Who in the hell do you walk all the time then. Dunn has slumped a bit in average lately, but that is a guy you don't want to pitch to. I would take him and Manny and switch them up all the time. The runs might come then. The only prob is that Manny managed to get caught doing what everybody else does.

Arrowhead D
06-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Its only a matter of time before Greinke goes to new york or boston then who do the royals have thats capable of winning games at all