PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Interesting weekend for MMA

raybec 4
06-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Strikeforce had a show where Andre Arlovski got knocked out in seconds, Robbie Lawler got choked out, Nick Diaz looked really awesome destroying Scott Smith.

WEC put on one of the best shows I've seen all year. Brown v Faber was an awesome fight. Jens Pulver got destroyed (which is too bad cause I like Lil Evil). Jose Also Jr blasted Cub Swanson with a flying knee that was AWESOME! All in all a good weekend of fights.

Also that bum Kimbo is going to be on the next TUF show, I hope he gets blasted quickly.

Demonpenz
06-08-2009, 09:56 AM
thx for spoiler :(

Sully
06-08-2009, 09:56 AM
That flying knee was amazing. He actually struck him twice while in the air.
I was disappointed by the Brown vs Gaber fight. Once his hands were broken, Faber was clearly done.

Buck
06-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Is anyone getting UFC 99?

I am new into UFC, so I don't know if its worth the money or not. I already know we are for sure getting UFC 100.

There is a bar in town where you can go and pay $10 to get in and they have the fights, so I may do that.

El Jefe
06-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Who'd Arvloski fight? Faber lost?

morphius
06-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Who'd Arvloski fight?
Rogers

Katipan
06-08-2009, 10:08 AM
Strikeforce had a show where Andre Arlovski got knocked out in seconds, Robbie Lawler got choked out, Nick Diaz looked really awesome destroying Scott Smith.

I know Josh Baumgartner! I'm special!

Can not freaking wait to see Rampage and Rashad. I really don't care when Kimbo dies. You know it'll happen.

Katipan
06-08-2009, 10:09 AM

I am new into UFC, so I don't know if its worth the money or not. I already know we are for sure getting UFC 100.

There is a bar in town where you can go and pay $10 to get in and they have the fights, so I may do that.

I bet you can find a bar that doesn't have a cover.

We're getting 100. Becks for 99.

raybec 4
06-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Who'd Arvloski fight? Faber lost?

Arlovski fought Brett Rogers and got TKO'd in about 20 seconds. Faber lost a decision after breaking his right hand in the first round. It was still a good fight though.

CoMoChief
06-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Cant wait til the Brock v Mir fight.

raybec 4
06-08-2009, 10:19 AM
I know Josh Baumgartner! I'm special!

Can not freaking wait to see Rampage and Rashad. I really don't care when Kimbo dies. You know it'll happen.

I hope Rampage makes Rashad poop himself.

CoMoChief
06-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Arlovski seems like he fights once every other month.

raybec 4
06-08-2009, 10:21 AM

I'll probably get it simply because Rich Franklin is one of my favorite fighters. I am also very interested to see Cain Velasquez in his first big time test against Chiek Congo

The Franchise
06-08-2009, 10:32 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DiZATRikDQQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DiZATRikDQQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That was pathetic.

Sully
06-08-2009, 10:35 AM

I don't know about your area, but Buffalo WIld WIngs always has the fights for free around here.
You just have to get there 3-4 hours early.

Sully
06-08-2009, 10:36 AM
I thought it was interesting that there was a guy who lives in Lee's Summit fighting last night.
Not often you hear a ring announcer say, "Fighting out of Lee's Summit, Missouri!"

Katipan
06-08-2009, 10:36 AM
I hope Rampage makes Rashad poop himself.

I might excrete things with a houseful of heavyweights.

Katipan
06-08-2009, 10:37 AM
I thought it was interesting that there was a guy who lives in Lee's Summit fighting last night.
Not often you hear a ring announcer say, "Fighting out of Lee's Summit, Missouri!"

Last UFC fight they announced someone from.... oh gosh i forget the name and I'm too lazy to find my post. But it was from a podunk Iowa town.

Everyone in the bar went a little loopy.

Sully
06-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Yeah, but with Iowa's history of being a wrestling-mad state and all, I wouldn't think it would be too weird to hear of someone from any part of that state (BTW, aren't they ALL podunk towns up there?).

Katipan
06-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Yeah, but with Iowa's history of being a wrestling-mad state and all, I wouldn't think it would be too weird to hear of someone from any part of that state (BTW, aren't they ALL podunk towns up there?).

Hey now. We have like 65,000 in Waterloo.
Which is only a handful more than my graduating class.

Iowa has the Tri State stuff where old high school wrestlers play. Except for the guys that do it in college, you don't really see a whole lot of guys translating high school wrestling into MMA. Being able to take a guy down and pin his shoulders is way easier than keeping him there when he's throwing elbows back at you.

Sully
06-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Hey now. We have like 65,000 in Waterloo.
Which is only a handful more than my graduating class.

Iowa has the Tri State stuff where old high school wrestlers play. Except for the guys that do it in college, you don't really see a whole lot of guys translating high school wrestling into MMA. Being able to take a guy down and pin his shoulders is way easier than keeping him there when he's throwing elbows back at you.

True. I was thinking about starting Judo with a friend, just because I loved wrestling so much. But I'm afraid some of my old wrestling habits would get me beat up.

doomy3
06-08-2009, 10:48 AM

who was it?

Sully
06-08-2009, 11:00 AM
who was it?

COuldn't tell you his name. He was obviously overmatched.

doomy3
06-08-2009, 11:04 AM
COuldn't tell you his name. He was obviously overmatched.

Was he a younger guy? I just wonder if I know him is all.

BigCatDaddy
06-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Was he a younger guy? I just wonder if I know him is all.

James Krause

http://www.mmalinker.com/wiki/index.php/James_Krause

raybec 4
06-08-2009, 12:52 PM
True. I was thinking about starting Judo with a friend, just because I loved wrestling so much. But I'm afraid some of my old wrestling habits would get me beat up.

You might enjoy it, I can't think of a better way to build core strength than judo.

Mecca
06-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Cant wait til the Brock v Mir fight.

They're praying to god Mir doesn't win because if he does it'll fuck them over, he's boring as all hell.

And they put Kimbo on TUF for ratings, shitty or not people know who he is.

SAUTO
06-08-2009, 05:25 PM
They're praying to god Mir doesn't win because if he does it'll fuck them over, he's boring as all hell.

And they put Kimbo on TUF for ratings, shitty or not people know who he is.

IMO they put kimbo on TUF to prove a point. dana doesnt like him so he sets him up to fail. thats why they told the middleweights to stay home. 15 HWs instead of 7 is a lot harder for kimbo to get through.

Mecca
06-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Kimbo should be given some sort of credit for stepping up and answering the challenge.

If he makes it, it'll probably be good for them, UFC has probably the worst heavy weight division of any company and they have a bunch of guys with no personality on top of that.

SAUTO
06-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Kimbo should be given some sort of credit for stepping up and answering the challenge.

If he makes it, it'll probably be good for them, UFC has probably the worst heavy weight division of any company and they have a bunch of guys with no personality on top of that.

i agree about kimbo getting some credit. i kinda hope bas has gotten him some ground skills.

Sfeihc
06-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Rampage is a coward. He is afraid of The Dragon. Who passes a title shot to coach on TUF? A coward does that's who.

raybec 4
06-09-2009, 09:39 AM
[QUOTE=Sfeihc;5826926]Rampage is a coward. He is afraid of The Dragon. Who passes a title shot to coach on TUF? A coward does that's who.[/QUOTE

I believe everyone at 205 should be afraid of the Dragon. Rampage is trying to get as many fights and as much exposure as possible before getting drummed out of the UFC it's a smart career move before he ends up in Strikeforce. I still hope he makes Rashad poop himself though.