PDA

View Full Version : Electronics Is Sprint a good network I am trying to find a new provider

chief4life
06-08-2009, 02:45 PM
I have been on cricket for awhile yeah i know cricket sucks but i want to get what cricket offered i know i am going to have to open my pocket book alittle bit. But who is the best network for the money. I want unlimited everything including text and web. Any suggestions?

phisherman
06-08-2009, 02:54 PM
sprint's data network is very good, but their voice network is not always so hot.

coverage can be pretty spotty, particularly around the overland park area. sometimes it's good, sometime it's not so good.

i have an at&t phone for work and it gets perfect coverage at my home in lee's summit, 5 bars, while my sprint phone barely gets 1 bar and sometimes can't get any.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Sprint plans are the most economic, and I'm falling in love with my new Palm Pre, which is as equivalent to the iphone as you can get from what I can tell.

KC native
06-08-2009, 03:19 PM
If you travel Sprint is great. I live in TX and have been in a lot of different places for work and haven't had one problem with the bill or the phone. The reception isn't always the best but from an ease of use perspective and value of the plan Sprint is good in my book.

bevischief
06-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Depends on where you live and if travel outside the KC city limits. If you do travel to the smaller towns outside of KC then ATT or Verzion, if you stay in city limits go with who is ever cheaper.

Silock
06-08-2009, 08:59 PM
I don't know what people are talking about with the bad coverage in the KC area. I've been with Sprint for over a decade now, and I've never had any trouble whatsoever in the KC area or anywhere else that I've lived and travelled.

BryanBusby
06-08-2009, 09:36 PM
I don't know what people are talking about with the bad coverage in the KC area. I've been with Sprint for over a decade now, and I've never had any trouble whatsoever in the KC area or anywhere else that I've lived and travelled.

You must never find yourself across the stateline in Raymore. I lost my connection over there several times with multiple phones. Wouldn't of been a big deal if I didn't work there.

Silock
06-09-2009, 12:20 AM
You must never find yourself across the stateline in Raymore. I lost my connection over there several times with multiple phones. Wouldn't of been a big deal if I didn't work there.

I don't go there a LOT, but I've never had a problem with reception out there. Maybe it's your phone? I dunno.

BryanBusby
06-09-2009, 12:44 AM
I don't go there a LOT, but I've never had a problem with reception out there. Maybe it's your phone? I dunno.

Hm, could of been. It wasn't allover Raymore either, just certain spots I'd happen to be around somewhat often. I'm a lot happier with Verizon now, but I will say I've heard that Sprint has improved a lot from multiple people. Could be all fixed by now.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-09-2009, 08:26 AM
I've been with Sprint for over 4 years and I'll tell you hands down when I first signed up their customer service was shit. For the last 3 years though, they've been nothing but solid gold for me. I'm not going anywhere.

Mr. Plow
06-09-2009, 08:40 AM
Personally, I think whichever company you go with, you'll find issues.

I'm with Sprint. Have been for about 11 years. Currently, I live in South Central KS, but lived in KC for 3 years. I don't travel a lot, but enough. Every place that I have been, I have never had any issue with coverage. Do I get a dropped call - sure, from time to time. But nothing that makes me jump out of my seat or that pisses me off. The only place I can say I have a consistent problem with coverage, is my basement. I've had 3 different phones and each one just plain sucks in my basement.

Customer service is coming around - our local store contains a bunch of idiots, but if I have to deal with a store, I just head to Wichita.

I think you'll probably have the same issues with whatever company you go with - but I like the fact that I know I can be in any semi major US city & generally any major highway and have full Sprint coverage. Which is more than likely true with most large carriers - but I haven't looked at all the coverage maps.

Frazod
06-09-2009, 09:35 AM
I just recently switched from Sprint to AT&T. I found Sprint's service to be spotty and their customer service to be dreadful - especially at the customer service center by my house. I went to AT&T because I wanted an iPhone. I love the phone, and the local customer service center seems better (I've noticed it seems to be primarily ran by people who actually speak English), but AT&T's service, while excellent in the suburbs, isn't very good in downtown Chicago. My old phone would work on the train while it was underground in Union Station, and my iPhone won't get a signal at all - that's really going to suck the first time there's a big delay and I need to get ahold of my wife. I've heard other people who live downtown complain that AT&T's service doesn't work worth a shit in many of the residential highrises with thick concrete walls, but that's not an issue for me.

Personally, I think they all suck in varying ways. You just pick the least painful poison and deal with it.

Mr. Plow
06-09-2009, 09:55 AM
1st rule....don't listen to frazod. :)

Frazod
06-09-2009, 09:57 AM
1st rule....don't listen to frazod. :)

:moon:

Silock
06-09-2009, 06:45 PM
I'd get an iPhone if it weren't for being on AT&T. I hear they SUCK around here.

Plus, Sprint's 4G network is supposedly the best one out there.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-10-2009, 08:28 PM
I'd get an iPhone if it weren't for being on AT&T. I hear they SUCK around here.

Plus, Sprint's 4G network is supposedly the best one out there.

The Nation's only 4G network. This week anyways.