PDA

View Full Version : Life So how many of you own/ride ATV's?

Bwana
06-09-2009, 03:09 PM
What kind of toy do you have and what do you use it for?

seclark
06-09-2009, 03:16 PM
i have a '98 kawasaki prairie i'd love to trade in, but there's not a damn thing wrong w/it. bought it new. pull a mower w/it and use it for work/hunting on my place.

couple years ago, i bought a ez go workhorse. the wife uses it to work around in the yard.

sec

penguinz
06-09-2009, 03:18 PM
I have a 2000 Jeep XJ.

seclark
06-09-2009, 03:18 PM
guess it's just you and me, bwana...buncha sandpaper pussies around here.
sec
edit to add penguinz

Spicy McHaggis
06-09-2009, 03:19 PM
I used to ride all the time during the summer when I would work on my buddy's ranch. I can't remember what they were, but they were definitely more utilitarian than sport.

My new toy is a Honda CRF250R bike, I love it.

seclark
06-09-2009, 03:20 PM
I have a 2000 Jeep XJ.

deleted...doesn't count
sec

MOhillbilly
06-09-2009, 03:21 PM
not so much ride as fall off.

penguinz
I never had an actual SUV. I had my first dirt bike, a Yamaha PW50, when I was 4. We used to go out to the park by Lake City Ammo that is now just a mountain bikign area all the time.

penguinz
if you get to count your jeep, i get to count my harley.
secHarleys don't do well in the mud or on trails.

Frazod
06-09-2009, 03:23 PM
I rolled a 3-wheeler over my back going up a hill when I was a kid. Never had much desire to ride one again after that.

seclark
06-09-2009, 03:24 PM
not so much ride as fall off.

going off the back end is a lot better than going over the front. i had a nephew had to have his pecker sewn back on once after a wreck.
it happened about 15 years ago, and he still gets pissed when we ask about his scar.
sec

Radar Chief
06-09-2009, 03:25 PM
if you get to count your jeep, i get to count my harley.
sec

Cool, I want to see that sucker hit the mud.

MOhillbilly
06-09-2009, 03:25 PM
going off the back end is a lot better than going over the front. i had a nephew had to have his pecker sewn back on once after a wreck.
it happened about 15 years ago, and he still gets pissed when we ask about his scar.
sec

over the front memorial weekend. got right back on.

seclark
06-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Harleys don't do well in the mud or on trails.

noted.
sec

Radar Chief
06-09-2009, 03:26 PM
sec

Ouch!

dilligaf
06-09-2009, 03:27 PM
I used to have an 03 Yamaha Wolverine and an 03 Suzuki Z400. The 400 was a kick in the ass.

seclark
06-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Ouch!
that's pretty much what he said.
sec

rtmike
06-09-2009, 03:28 PM
I bought a new Banshee in '00. Piped, jetted, K & N filter & reeds.

We were assembling cell towers on the coast of Oregon and my operator took me to the sand dunes on a blow out day. He said we could rent one and I was so memorized by the size of the dunes I went out and bought one instead.

I was used to the ant hills of the Little Sahara Desert in Oklahoma. No comparison to our dunes up here. I used to always figure I couldn't get hurt in the sand. :doh!:

I've recently talked about picking up a Razor. :hmmm:

It too would be strictly for fun on the dunes.

tooge
06-09-2009, 03:29 PM
I have a Polaris ATP. Mainly use it for hauling brush and rocks and dead deer and stuff.

KCChiefsMan
06-09-2009, 03:31 PM
I used to have a 4 wheeler. loved riding that thing, it was a suzuki. It wasn't a racing type, but that didn't stop me from doing that!

Radar Chief
06-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Had a friend that built a intercooled turbo Banshee. He used to take it to the sand drags in Waynoka.
He kept seizing the engine because he didn’t know how to let off the throttle when it over revved. :rolleyes:

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-09-2009, 03:38 PM
I have two Polaris 700, 2004 & 2005, both with the mossy oak camo , we chase Jack Rabbits and Kill them at 50 mph. Great fun.

asdf
06-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Honda Rancher

Bwana
06-09-2009, 03:46 PM
I just sold my 2007 Polaris X2 and ordered this:

http://www.travelizmo.com/archives/polaris-sportsman-850-efi-xp--atv-2009.jpg

I pick it up Friday. Polaris 850 XP. I had them upgrade the winch from a 2500 to a 3500, had them throw on the front and rear rack extenders along with the front push bar, and told them to pull the factory tires and upgrade to Maxxis Bighorns. This thing should be a beast. I also have 2002 a Yamaha Gizzzly 660 as a backup.

Bwana
06-09-2009, 03:48 PM
sec

Son of a bitch!! :doh!:

Iowanian
06-09-2009, 03:54 PM
I've got a CR 125 I don't ride any longer and need to sell.

Honda 400 4 trax for hunting and farm type stuff.

dad bought an Arctic Cat Prowler side by side last year that spends more time hauling piles of grandkids around the woods and pasture than it does for fencing and checking calves.

penguinz
06-09-2009, 03:55 PM
secI flew over the handlebars of a YZ 125 going about 40MPH. Was going through some seat high grass and hit a tractor tire that was laying on it's side. The bike stopped and I kept going.

Iowanian
06-09-2009, 03:58 PM
We were getting out of hand for a while on the bikes. We had 1 day where I tore up my knee, the BiL broke his wrist and my brother separated his shoulder.

My bike has a set of handlebars on it with less than 15 minutes of ride time that are bent like a pig pecker.

Bwana
06-09-2009, 04:05 PM
I've got a CR 125 I don't ride any longer and need to sell.

Honda 400 4 trax for hunting and farm type stuff.

dad bought an Arctic Cat Prowler side by side last year that spends more time hauling piles of grandkids around the woods and pasture than it does for fencing and checking calves.

If you lived closer, I bet I would have a buyer for that bike.

HonestChieffan
06-09-2009, 04:06 PM
I just sold a 450 Yamaha and bought a new 550 Yamaha with power steering. Also have a diesel Mule

Iowanian
06-09-2009, 04:09 PM
The price is right.....maybe you should throw in your bow fishing rig and come to Iowania and pick it up.

Bwana
06-09-2009, 04:09 PM
I just sold a 450 Yamaha and bought a new 550 Yamaha with power steering. Also have a diesel Mule

How do you like the power steering. The one I pick up Friday has power steering. I test drove one at the local dealer on their trail they made to test drive. I was catching good air and he came out all butt hurt about it. I told him that he was a limp nipple and I bought my machine at another dealership.

Bwana
06-09-2009, 04:11 PM
The price is right.....maybe you should throw in your bow fishing rig and come to Iowania and pick it up.

I was going to say Montana is nice and green this time of year and I have an extra ATV you could ride while you were here. :)

HonestChieffan
06-09-2009, 04:12 PM
I pick it up next Monday. I have farmer buddies in Nebraska who say its the best thing ever. I haul a lot of weight on mine so it should be an improvement. New one is green. The old 450 was camo and the camo wont hold up, it fades and looks like crap in 4 years.

Iowanian
06-09-2009, 04:12 PM
I wish I had the time to do just that. Too many irons in too many fires.

Someday.

HonestChieffan
06-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Bow fishing would be good but I find a 22 will kill grass carp nicely

Bwana
06-09-2009, 04:15 PM
I pick it up next Monday. I have farmer buddies in Nebraska who say its the best thing ever. I haul a lot of weight on mine so it should be an improvement. New one is green. The old 450 was camo and the camo wont hold up, it fades and looks like crap in 4 years.

Doesn't that stuff turn purple if it sits in the sun to long? Fug that......

Bwana
06-09-2009, 04:16 PM
I wish I had the time to do just that. Too many irons in too many fires.

Someday.

Let me know when it slows down. There's always some fat steaks around here and the shop beer fridge is always full of beer. :thumb:

HonestChieffan
06-09-2009, 04:19 PM
They drink Grain Belt in Montana. If you go take a bit of stach from home....

Bwana
06-09-2009, 04:30 PM
They drink Grain Belt in Montana. If you go take a bit of stach from home....

I don't know about "they" but I like Alaskan Amber, Teton Ale and Red Hook ESB myself. As far as I know, they haven't brewed that in years and to be honest, in my vast beer sampling to find the perfect beverage, I have never had one.

HonestChieffan
06-09-2009, 04:43 PM
I don't know about "they" but I like Alaskan Amber, Teton Ale and Red Hook ESB myself. As far as I know, they haven't brewed that in years and to be honest, in my vast beer sampling to find the perfect beverage, I have never had one.

Well they still make it...and you need one. It will establish a good base...a foundation. All beer is better than Grain belt.

Used to be a couple good steak places in downtown Billings with a good beer list and some local brews from up by Great Falls.

Bwana
06-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Well they still make it...and you need one. It will establish a good base...a foundation. All beer is better than Grain belt.

Used to be a couple good steak places in downtown Billings with a good beer list and some local brews from up by Great Falls.

Now that you bring it up, they do still make it, but it is no longer brewed in Montana.

rtmike
06-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Had a friend that built a intercooled turbo Banshee. He used to take it to the sand drags in Waynoka.
He kept seizing the engine because he didn’t know how to let off the throttle when it over revved. :rolleyes:

Yeah me too. Except my friend's run on alcohol. It wasn't much to look at but was faster than shit. He had a couple records down in California @ Glamis Dunes for going up hill. The guys' he run with have radar detectors & everything.

Honda plastic & I can't remember what motor it was.

tmax63
06-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Honda Foreman 450 ES here. Last weekend I had the spot sprayer on and cruised the pasture spraying thistles. It goes hunting every fall. Saves me a lot of walking the rest of time or keeps my pickup out of the cactus. You don't realize how handy they are until you get one.

chiefforlife
06-09-2009, 06:35 PM
03 Kawasaki 650 Prairie. The thing is a beast. My buddy just bought a brand new Polaris 550 efi, I kicked his ass in a race. I use it for fun and also take it to my shop, we plow our parking lot with it and use it to tow cars into the shop. My kids love it so much, I may buy them one too.

SAUTO
06-09-2009, 06:39 PM
03 Kawasaki 650 Prairie. The thing is a beast. My buddy just bought a brand new Polaris 550 efi, I kicked his ass in a race. I use it for fun and also take it to my shop, we plow our parking lot with it and use it to tow cars into the shop. My kids love it so much, I may buy them one too.
old boss had one of these, i need to pick up something pushing cars sucks. luckily i have a preacher/tow truck driver a few lots over and he is always happy to help. i help them out when they get in a pinch and they reciprocate nicely

JOhn
06-09-2009, 06:42 PM
98 600 Polaris now, but needs a new front tire. Hopefully will have it replaced & tuned up by the time it gets warm again

Bwana
06-09-2009, 06:46 PM
98 600 Polaris now, but needs a new front tire. Hopefully will have it replaced & tuned up by the time it gets warm again

You need to drag that bad boy up to Cooke and we will hook up this summer.

JOhn
06-09-2009, 06:48 PM
You need to drag that bad boy up to Cooke and we will hook up this summer.

I've been thinking about it. Just bought me a 94 Exploder, only 75,000 miles on it, but need to find a trailer for it.

Hopefully it'll warm up by the first of July and we can hook up for a weekend of debauchery :thumb:

Bwana
06-09-2009, 06:51 PM
I've been thinking about it. Just bought me a 94 Exploder, only 75,000 miles on it, but need to find a trailer for it.

Hopefully it'll warm up by the first of July and we can hook up for a weekend of debauchery :thumb:

Truth be told, It will be AT LEAST the third week of July before we could get back into Goose lake, I would say more like the first week of August. There is still a ton of snow up there, hell, it was snowing up there today. :spock:

JOhn
06-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Truth be told, It will be AT LEAST the third week of July before we could get back into Goose lake, I would say more like the first week of August. There is still a ton of snow up there, hell, it was snowing up there today. :spock:

Yea guess it probably is...cold here & overcast all day.

Man this shit sucks, but we need the moisture bad. Going to raft the Northfork of the Shosoni next week. Ought to be a WILD ride!!!

chiefforlife
06-09-2009, 06:53 PM
old boss had one of these, i need to pick up something pushing cars sucks. luckily i have a preacher/tow truck driver a few lots over and he is always happy to help. i help them out when they get in a pinch and they reciprocate nicely

Yeah, we used to have everyone in the shop, stop what they were doing and come out and help push. With this baby, it just takes two of us. It will pull a loaded down 1ton right into the bays. Nice that you have the preacher though. He can bless the problem child vehicles. Hehe.

Skip Towne
06-09-2009, 07:23 PM
When I had my farm and Angora goats, I had 2 Honda 250's. Used them for a little of everything from rounding up goats to getting the mail. I lived in the middle of 150 acres so it was 1/4 mile to the nearest road in all directions.

Bwana
06-10-2009, 07:46 AM
When I had my farm and Angora goats, I had 2 Honda 250's. Used them for a little of everything from rounding up goats to getting the mail. I lived in the middle of 150 acres so it was 1/4 mile to the nearest road in all directions.

I had no idea you had a farm at one point, cool beans.

Otter
06-10-2009, 08:01 AM
You've seen me in action. I ride kind of like I golf; slow, methodical and usually as a means to an end more out of enjoyment.

Radar Chief
06-10-2009, 08:07 AM
Yeah me too. Except my friend's run on alcohol. It wasn't much to look at but was faster than shit. He had a couple records down in California @ Glamis Dunes for going up hill. The guys' he run with have radar detectors & everything.

Honda plastic & I can't remember what motor it was.

Radar detectors? They have speed limits or something?

SAUTO
06-10-2009, 08:09 AM
Yeah, we used to have everyone in the shop, stop what they were doing and come out and help push. With this baby, it just takes two of us. It will pull a loaded down 1ton right into the bays. Nice that you have the preacher though. He can bless the problem child vehicles. Hehe.

good idea

Bwana
06-10-2009, 10:42 AM
You've seen me in action. I ride kind of like I golf; slow, methodical and usually as a means to an end more out of enjoyment.

Except when you are coming out of Goose Lake on a nasty boulder hill. :evil:

JOhn
06-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Except when you are coming out of Goose Lake on a nasty boulder hill. :evil:

Hmmm

sounds like I need to wait til Otter shows up for a ride

Bwana
06-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Hmmm

Like a rank bull, he got bucked off. That is one nasty hill big boulders and an unnatural slope. You have to get some speed to make it and if you take the wrong fork, no happy ending.

The good part is, once you get up there it's worth it. A shot I took of Goose Lake.

JOhn
06-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Like a rank bull, he got bucked off. That is one nasty hill big boulders and an unnatural slope. You have to get some speed to make it and if you take the wrong fork, no happy ending.

The good part is, once you get up there it's worth it. A shot I took of Goose Lake.

Sweet!!!!

Good fishing there I take it? Seems I've heard a few friends talk about it, but never been there.

We have to hook up this year for a little riding. Just let me know, and I will get the time off to come do it. :thumb:

Otter
06-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Hmmm

A fly rod and a couple of dries size 20- 24 you'll be set up there for the day. We didn't fish the lake too much but I saw a couple big ones passing by.

Yeah, climbing over that first set of boulders almost got ugly. Would have made a hell of a story on how I went out though. No helmet and all.

:D

Bwana
06-10-2009, 12:12 PM
A fly rod and a couple of dries size 20- 24 you'll be set up there for the day. We didn't fish the lake too much but I saw a couple big ones passing by.

Yeah, climbing over that first set of boulders almost got ugly. Would have made a hell of a story on how I went out though. No helmet and all.

:D

You are a wild man!

rockymtnchief
06-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Funny you should bring up the subject. A couple friends and I made plans for a couple rides in the Belts and Crazy's. It doesn't compare to the Beartooths, but one guy is in a wheelchair. We have to take it down a notch.

Radar Chief
06-10-2009, 12:29 PM
I wanna play.
Oh wait, you guys are half the country away from me. :deevee:

rtmike
06-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Radar detectors? They have speed limits or something?

Check their speed. That's how they set the records in Glamis. Glamis sponsors events and the organizers have the detectors too.

Like a drag race/car show I guess. Whoever went up the hill fastest won money/trophy.

Their website (http://www.trickracing1.com/Trick_Racing_Menu.html)

Otter
06-10-2009, 12:40 PM
You are a wild man!

Heh, I don't think I've ever seen that one before. If I wasn't too drunk to hold my camera I'd have a couple for the vault of you.

Note to self

dtebbe
06-10-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm old school... 1986 Honda 200X baby...

http://home.earthlink.net/~dtebbe/pix/dt200x.jpg

At just over 270# wet it surprises a few of my 500+cc friends on a regular basis...

DT

Radar Chief
06-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Check their speed. That's how they set the records in Glamis. Glamis sponsors events and the organizers have the detectors too.

Like a drag race/car show I guess. Whoever went up the hill fastest won money/trophy.

Their website (http://www.trickracing1.com/Trick_Racing_Menu.html)

Ah, I see. :thumb:

Bwana
06-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Heh, I don't think I've ever seen that one before. If I wasn't too drunk to hold my camera I'd have a couple for the vault of you.

Note to self

:evil:

Bwana
06-10-2009, 01:13 PM
Heh

It looks like my brother is the only getting with the beer drinking program in this shot.

Bwana
06-10-2009, 01:18 PM
A little mountain wash of the old ATV.

JOhn
06-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Dam, I'm ready to go riding now......

Oh well maybe it will warm up someday :harumph:

Bwana
06-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Dam, I'm ready to go riding now......

Oh well maybe it will warm up someday :harumph:

Yeah, but you have been in the bar in my last photo, pool shark. :)

How about this, another shot of the area back there. This was the 4th of July weekend a few years ago. The bitch is, there is a lot more snow up there this year.

Bwana
06-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Funny you should bring up the subject. A couple friends and I made plans for a couple rides in the Belts and Crazy's. It doesn't compare to the Beartooths, but one guy is in a wheelchair. We have to take it down a notch.

Yeah, I have slung some dirt up in the belts. You should give Cooke Clity a shot at some point, Gods country.

El Jefe
06-10-2009, 01:45 PM

They make car pushers. We have a 10,000lb pusher, runs on 6 marine batteries, that thing has saved our lives. I think he paid 6k for it.

El Jefe
06-10-2009, 01:53 PM
A little more description on the pusher, it had 4 wheels, controls on the handles, a big pushing head, that is covered in a pad, so as to not damage any bumpers, and we even have snow chains for in the winter. That baby is worth every penny.

JOhn
06-10-2009, 02:07 PM
Yeah, but you have been in the bar in my last photo, pool shark. :)

Yea I think it looks vaguely familiar ROFL

cdcox
06-10-2009, 02:17 PM
The little girl (under 12) of one of my wife's cousins ended up crashing a 3-wheeler. Fatal. 1) Be careful out there. 2) These aren't toys for kids.

JOhn
06-10-2009, 02:19 PM
The little girl (under 12) of one of my wife's cousins ended up crashing a 3-wheeler. Fatal. 1) Be careful out there. 2) These aren't toys for kids.

3 wheeler are very dangerous, especially for any young/inexperienced rider

Bwana
06-10-2009, 02:57 PM

Yep, a three wheeler will roll if you look at it wrong.

rockymtnchief
06-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Yeah, I have slung some dirt up in the belts. You should give Cooke Clity a shot at some point, Gods country.
People ask me where my favorite place in the world is and I always say Cooke City/Beartooth Pass. I've hiked, mountain biked, 4x4'd, and even dog-sled up there. I have yet to get the 4-wheeler up there. I guess it's about time, huh?

SAUTO
06-10-2009, 05:41 PM
A little more description on the pusher, it had 4 wheels, controls on the handles, a big pushing head, that is covered in a pad, so as to not damage any bumpers, and we even have snow chains for in the winter. That baby is worth every penny.

i've seen them just 6 k is a little steep when i could spend that on a 4 wheeler,on the shop , AND still use it to play.

Bwana
06-10-2009, 05:52 PM
People ask me where my favorite place in the world is and I always say Cooke City/Beartooth Pass. I've hiked, mountain biked, 4x4'd, and even dog-sled up there. I have yet to get the 4-wheeler up there. I guess it's about time, huh?

You won't regret it.

JOhn
06-10-2009, 06:50 PM

Sounds like a CP gathering in the making :thumb:

Bwana
06-10-2009, 07:25 PM

Yeah, no doubt. The old buy that was buying my 2007 X2 just came by and drove it away. I had that thing shining like a diamond in a billy goats ass and got $1000 over full list out of him. All will have to pony up is about $1500 for the 850 Friday.

Otter
06-10-2009, 07:26 PM

A mountain bike is more my speed, we can meet them up top an hour later and meet them down bottom 20 minutes later.

Judging from what you just wrote neither of us are going to keep up with Bwana or his cohorts. I've seen him ride.

And Bwana next trip I'm breaking out the Old Crow and paying some ol' skanky ditch pig to come back in the motel room and climb in bed with you in your tighty whiteys.

Then it's picture time. :evil:

JOhn
06-10-2009, 07:29 PM
A mountain bike is more my speed, we can meet them up top an hour later and meet them down bottom 20 minutes later.

Judging from what you just wrote neither of us are going to keep up with Bwana or his cohorts. I've seen him ride.

And Bwana next trip I'm breaking out the Old Crow and paying some ol' skanky ditch pig to come back in the motel room and climb in bed with you in your tighty whiteys.

Then it's picture time. :evil:

:LOL:

Well then I guess I better bring along my own bed warmer, seeing as how I plan on keeping up with Greg :thumb:

Otter
06-10-2009, 07:34 PM
:LOL:

Well then I guess I better bring along my own bed warmer, seeing as how I plan on keeping up with Greg :thumb:

Good luck. I know my limits on motorcycles and four wheelers these days. For my skydiving is safer than those puppies.

Just stay out of camera range about 2am, I'll be using wide angle lenses, the girl I'll be looking for will need one. And a fork lift to get her out.

Bwana
06-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Good luck. I know my limits on motorcycles and four wheelers these days. For my skydiving is safer than those puppies.

Just stay out of camera range about 2am, I'll be using wide angle lenses, the girl I'll be looking for will need one. And a fork lift to get her out.

Heh, you better come up with "Plan B" Homeboy, because I don't do Old Crow and I sure as hell don't do ditch pigs. :shake:

rockymtnchief
06-10-2009, 07:41 PM

I'm game!

Bwana
06-10-2009, 07:41 PM
YO! WTF are you drinking in this shot?

JOhn
06-10-2009, 07:42 PM
YO! WTF are you drinking in this shot?

:spock:LMAO

Otter
06-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Heh, you better come up with "Plan B" Homeboy, because I don't do Old Crow and I sure as hell don't do ditch pigs. :shake:

I'm quiet aware you don't do ditch...while coherent.

Bwana
06-10-2009, 07:47 PM
I'm quiet aware you don't do ditch...while coherent.

No seriously, WTF are you drinking???

Otter
06-10-2009, 07:49 PM
No seriously, WTF are you drinking???

http://www.underconsideration.com/speakup/archives/home_garden_03.jpg

IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!!!

Otter
06-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Heh

It looks like my brother is the only getting with the beer drinking program in this shot.

I forgot how big Crazy Cousin Tony is...he should have been an LB.

For the record I'm 5'10" 190 and Bruce on the other side is maybe an inch taller than me probably about the same height but in way better shape. ****ing Bwana and Tony are Freaks.

Sorry for being a whore post on this one but it's pictures we haven't seen for close to 5 years.

Good times...you mutants.

JOhn
06-10-2009, 09:52 PM
****ing Bwana and Tony are Freaks.

This

LMAO

googlegoogle
06-11-2009, 01:51 AM
I was thinking of buying a broken down one from craigslist.

If anyone knows any local salvage yards that has a cheap one then tell me.