PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports MMA Fans: Best UFC Events

Buck
06-09-2009, 09:25 PM
I need to download some UFC Events and I don't know which ones are the best so let me know which ones I should get, without spoiling the results.

So far I am downloading UFC 98 and UFC 92, but I don't know what else to get.

big nasty kcnut
06-09-2009, 11:49 PM
The early ufc when the fights were crazy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pants
06-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Fuck UFC, start downloading old Pride FC tournaments. Be prepared to not like UFC very much after you expose yourself to Pride, though.

SAUTO
06-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Fuck UFC, start downloading old Pride FC tournaments. Be prepared to not like UFC very much after you expose yourself to Pride, though.

yep, look for the MW tourn and the no weight limit tourn

wilas101
06-10-2009, 12:11 PM
As far as the UFC goes the "Fight for the Troops" show they did a while back was great, imo.

Virtually every fight was good. not a bad fight then a good fight then a mediocre fight but one after the next turned out to be a good fight and that's the best you can expect from a card. Even got to see an elbow be dislocated in slow motion. :)

Katipan
06-10-2009, 12:26 PM
80 was super bloody. Rapid Fire.

SAUTO
06-10-2009, 12:38 PM
As far as the UFC goes the "Fight for the Troops" show they did a while back was great, imo.

Virtually every fight was good. not a bad fight then a good fight then a mediocre fight but one after the next turned out to be a good fight and that's the best you can expect from a card. Even got to see an elbow be dislocated in slow motion. :)

IF YOU WANT TO see that look for renzo gracie vs sakaraba, renzo gets his dislocated and doesnt tap, the ref ends up stopping the fight with 19 secIIRC left and renzo was PISSED he pops it back in and wants to fight the OT. to see him looking at his disfigured elbow and not tap was impressive

El Jefe
06-10-2009, 12:43 PM
**** UFC, start downloading old Pride FC tournaments. Be prepared to not like UFC very much after you expose yourself to Pride, though.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I was a big time Pride Fan, followed all the fighters, great stuff, they had some epic battles. I didn't know anybody else on here really liked Pride besides me.

SAUTO
06-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Took the words right out of my mouth. I was a big time Pride Fan, followed all the fighters, great stuff, they had some epic battles. I didn't know anybody else on here really liked Pride besides me.

put me in that catagory too man.

HC_Chief
06-10-2009, 12:55 PM
**** UFC, start downloading old Pride FC tournaments. Be prepared to not like UFC very much after you expose yourself to Pride, though.

lol
Everything has a fanboi group.

UFC/Pride/K1/Vale Tudo; all the same. Each just has a different marketing slant.

My favorite = Vale Tudo and oldschool UFC (no rounds, no gloves, no judges). Those are pure MMA; not commercial enough to package, but awesome for hardcore fight fans. The casual fans, you know, the ones who boo when fighters grapple, it's not for them.

I'm not going to hate on UFC for having the brains to market their product. I still enjoy UFC. I've been to a couple of fights, and their production quality is top notch. Hell, they have the best fighter (Anderson Silva). UFC has a great product IMO.

Pants
06-10-2009, 01:00 PM
lol
Everything has a fanboi group.

UFC/Pride/K1/Vale Tudo; all the same. Each just has a different marketing slant.

My favorite = Vale Tudo and oldschool UFC (no rounds, no gloves, no judges). Those are pure MMA; not commercial enough to package, but awesome for hardcore fight fans. The casual fans, you know, the ones who boo when fighters grapple, it's not for them.

I'm not going to hate on UFC for having the brains to market their product. I still enjoy UFC. I've been to a couple of fights, and their production quality is top notch. Hell, they have the best fighter (Anderson Silva). UFC has a great product IMO.

Best fighter = Fedor.

SAUTO
06-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Best fighter = Fedor.

yep

El Jefe
06-10-2009, 01:08 PM
put me in that catagory too man.

I thought so, but wasn't sure. Who's some of your Pride favorites from the past? My favorite fighter is definetely Fedor, I know some n00b will say I jumped on the bandwagon. BS there are some of us here who followed MMA before it was big in America. I think you, me, katipan, Raybec,BigDaddy, littlenicky (something like that) and a few more, know our crap, as far as old stuff and new stuff, there is a lot of knowledgeable MMA fans on here.

SAUTO
06-10-2009, 01:11 PM
I thought so, but wasn't sure. Who's some of your Pride favorites from the past? My favorite fighter is definetely Fedor, I know some n00b will say I jumped on the bandwagon. BS there are some of us here who followed MMA before it was big in America. I think you, me, katipan, Raybec,BigDaddy, littlenicky (something like that) and a few more, know our crap, as far as old stuff and new stuff, there is a lot of knowledgeable MMA fans on here.

wandy for sure anyone that will stomp on your fucking head has got to be respected. rampage kicking chuck's ass was great, hunt back when he couldnt be KO'd, and , of course, fedor

El Jefe
06-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Best fighter = Fedor.

That Metrolike is a sharp cat too :thumb:

raybec 4
06-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Off topic but speaking of Pride fighters did you see Caol Uno is fighting on the undercard at UFC 99.

El Jefe
06-10-2009, 01:18 PM
wandy for sure anyone that will stomp on your ****ing head has got to be respected. rampage kicking chuck's ass was great, hunt back when he couldnt be KO'd, and , of course, fedor

Hunt vs Fedor was a good fight, have you seen that one? Also Hong Man Choi getting caught in an arm bar, by the foot shorter Fedor was a sight to behold.

El Jefe
06-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Off topic but speaking of Pride fighters did you see Caol Uno is fighting on the undercard at UFC 99.

This is completely off topic, but what the deuce happened with Karo Parisyan (sp) he was a BA there for a while, and he seems to have fallen off the map.

raybec 4
06-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Best fighter = Fedor.

It's unfortunate that Dana White will never give him the cash he wants to fight in the UFC, Josh Barnett is going to be the toughtest fight Fedor's had for a while, still won't even be close, but better than Tim Sylvia.

raybec 4
06-10-2009, 01:20 PM
This is completely off topic, but what the deuce happened with Karo Parisyan (sp) he was a BA there for a while, and he seems to have fallen off the map.

He got hurt and then failed a drug test after his last UFC fight.

El Jefe
06-10-2009, 01:21 PM
It's unfortunate that Dana White will never give him the cash he wants to fight in the UFC, Josh Barnett is going to be the toughtest fight Fedor's had for a while, still won't even be close, but better than Tim Sylvia.

I think Fedor's respect for Barnett will be a little higher for Barnett than it was for Silvia. Anyword on a date on that fight raybec?

raybec 4
06-10-2009, 01:22 PM
I think Fedor's respect for Barnett will be a little higher for Barnett than it was for Silvia. Anyword on a date on that fight raybec?

They are fighting on the next Affliction card, August I think.

SAUTO
Hunt vs Fedor was a good fight, have you seen that one? Also Hong Man Choi getting caught in an arm bar, by the foot shorter Fedor was a sight to behold.

SEEN IT. huntvs wandy was great too, especially since wandy was like 75 lbs lighter bas said

El Jefe
He got hurt and then failed a drug test after his last UFC fight.

What a dope, I heard he failed a drug test but never looked into it. I liked his cousing Manny on the UFC show, he's an aggressive little rascal.

raybec 4
06-10-2009, 01:23 PM
SEEN IT. huntvs wandy was great too, especially since wandy was like 75 lbs lighter bas said

Wandy is awesome, anyone anywhere and he means it.

SAUTO
06-10-2009, 01:23 PM

now fedor has come out and asked the UFC for a one fight deal. which of course they dont want to give him

raybec 4
06-10-2009, 01:24 PM
What a dope, I heard he failed a drug test but never looked into it. I liked his cousing Manny on the UFC show, he's an aggressive little rascal.

I think the UFC is trying to quietly drop him like they did Nick Diaz.

El Jefe
They are fighting on the next Affliction card, August I think.

I think Barnett vs Aleksander Emelianenko would be a BA fight.

SAUTO
Wandy is awesome, anyone anywhere and he means it.

yep i wouldnt want to run into him in a dark alley.

raybec 4
06-10-2009, 01:26 PM
yep i wouldnt want to run into him in a dark alley.

Not without a gun. We totally hijacked Mediacenter's thread. Sorry dude.

El Jefe
06-10-2009, 01:28 PM

I would pay to watch Wandy vs Chris Leben, both ugly dudes with good chins, and I just don't like Leben. Watching Wandy beat him into submission would be awesome.

SAUTO
06-10-2009, 01:29 PM
Not without a gun. We totally hijacked Mediacenter's thread. Sorry dude.

me too, but at least there are some fights to look for

El Jefe
06-10-2009, 01:32 PM
me too, but at least there are some fights to look for

Yep, some very food fights for him to watch, and most of those he can youtube (if not all of them).

Pants
06-10-2009, 01:54 PM
I always had a soft spot for Alistair Overeem. But I like all things Dutch.

Bas used to JIHP every time that cat fought, lol.

raybec 4
06-10-2009, 03:14 PM

Isn't he the heavyweight champ in one of the shows? Strikeforce maybe?

Pants
06-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Isn't he the heavyweight champ in one of the shows? Strikeforce maybe?

Indeed.

CoMoChief
06-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Best fighter = Fedor.

When Fedor and Brock eventually fight, Brock will beat his ass.

Brock is THE NEXT BIG THING!!!!!!!

SAUTO
06-10-2009, 03:57 PM

i never was a big overeem guy. cant really say why

Gary
06-10-2009, 04:30 PM
I downloaded 2 videos a while back of Bas Rutten fighting career. That was pretty fun to watch. Some people don't like watching Pancreas(sp?), but he had some really good finishes in fights. Saw him fight both Shamrocks as well.

SAUTO
06-10-2009, 05:03 PM
I downloaded 2 videos a while back of Bas Rutten fighting career. That was pretty fun to watch. Some people don't like watching Pancreas(sp?), but he had some really good finishes in fights. Saw him fight both Shamrocks as well.

bas was a badass

KcMizzou
06-10-2009, 05:15 PM
bas was a badassLoved those liver shots.

He's a lot of fun as one of the hosts of Inside MMA too.

Buck
06-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Loved those liver shots.

BANGITY BANG

WITH THE BOOM

KICK IN THE GROIN ANNNNNNNNNNNNNND BREAK THE ARM

Jerm
06-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Man Pancrase is really old school. Nate Marquardt used to rule that shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
06-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Loved those liver shots.

yeah he was the same on pride , funny guy

Pants
06-10-2009, 09:34 PM
bas is a badass

FYP

Fishpicker
06-10-2009, 11:36 PM

Trickynicky really knows his stuff. he was telling me how awesome Pride FC was back in '99.

OT: I think the Pride Bushido events had the most complete cards at the time. I would download all the bushidos and all the pride FC events from 15 to 33