PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Goose ranks Chiefs last during offseason

jimhitter
06-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Not that this is a total shocker, but last? Gaiders 27th, Donks 30th, Bolts 5th. Worse than the Loins? Worse than the Lambs?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/nfl/stories/061109dnspogooseranks.44197ec.html

LaChapelle
06-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Good thing Huard is gone, he wouldn't have stood for this.

CoMoChief
06-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Rams should actually be decent IMO this season. But what did you expect. Are you really going to be that upset that instead of 30th we're ranked 32nd. IMO its all the same. If you're mid to upper 20's in anything it means you suck....period.

Mile High Mania
06-11-2009, 12:03 PM
It's so incredibly early and while it's hard to argue with the placement of many of the teams in the top 20...

Oakland over Denver and KC? Seems kinda crazy to me...

As well, Cincy, Jets, Detroit, SanFran and the Browns that higher than Denver... I just don't know about that at all.

I think you have a pretty solid list of the top 12-15 teams that most would agree upon and then the next 10-12 are all bunched together.

Until proven otherwise, I just don't see how Cincy, Browns, Lions, Rams, Raiders and maybe the 49ers aren't locks for the final teams.

orange
06-11-2009, 12:11 PM
I wonder why this guy has any following around here. I hear he had a good mock draft once upon a time, but it sure wasn't the last couple years.

In this article, I got no further than this:

"5. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
The Chargers were another team that overachieved last season, overcoming a 4-8 start to win the AFC West."

Overachieved?! At 8-8?! This Chargers team loaded with talent that was considered the top challenger to New England going into the season?

Does Gosselin suffer from Alzheimers?

Mile High Mania
06-11-2009, 12:21 PM
I just don't get how ...

Bengals leap from 27 to 21...
Bills only go from 23 to 22...
Browns go from 29 to 25...
Raiders only go from 25 to 27...

Broncos fall 10 from 20 to 30, which with all the change, I won't argue with it at this point, it really doesn't matter.

I just don't see the vast improvement with Cincy or Cleveland that warrants them moving up 6 and 4 slots.

In regards to KC... if Cincy and Cleveland can move up with what they've lost compared to what little they've added, how does KC not move up with a new QB, new GM, new HC...

Just weird.

RealSNR
06-11-2009, 12:28 PM
I just don't get how ...

Bills only go from 23 to 22...

Broncos fall 10 from 20 to 30, which with all the change, I won't argue with it at this point, it really doesn't matter.

I just don't see the vast improvement with Cincy or Cleveland that warrants them moving up 6 and 4 slots.

In regards to KC... if Cincy and Cleveland can move up with what they've lost compared to what little they've added, how does KC not move up with a new QB, new GM, new HC...

Just weird.I didn't understand Gosselin's comment. "Scott Pioli is the new GM. Todd Haley is the new HC. Matt Cassel is the new QB."

Okay, you'd think that'd be great news. Then he mentions the Gonzalez trade and says,

"This will be a steep hill to climb."

From trading away a friggin TE? :spock: I really don't get this. He must be bashing those first offseason moves he mentioned... but if he were going to bash them, why doesn't he just say, "these were bad moves made by Clark Hunt and recently hired GM Scott Pioli."

Whatever.

T-post Tom
06-11-2009, 12:59 PM
It's official: Gosselin has lost all credibility in regards to any analysis pertaining to the NFL.

MadMax
06-11-2009, 01:09 PM
I didn't understand Gosselin's comment. "Scott Pioli is the new GM. Todd Haley is the new HC. Matt Cassel is the new QB."

Okay, you'd think that'd be great news. Then he mentions the Gonzalez trade and says,

"This will be a steep hill to climb."

From trading away a friggin TE? :spock: I really don't get this. He must be bashing those first offseason moves he mentioned... but if he were going to bash them, why doesn't he just say, "these were bad moves made by Clark Hunt and recently hired GM Scott Pioli."

Whatever.

Maybe he doesn't think much of Pioli,Haley and Cassel?:shrug:

Mile High Mania
06-11-2009, 01:20 PM
It's official: Gosselin has lost all credibility in regards to any analysis pertaining to the NFL.

I dunno, he got the team wrong, but I like this comment:
" Moreno is the most complete back in this draft – a triple-threat, just like Emmitt."

And, I sort of like this about another guy he projected to go late R1 to TN:
"Smith is the most productive cornerback in this draft but has the worst measurables – he's 5-9 and runs a 4.50 in the 40. The same knocks kept Brandon Flowers out of the first round in 2008, but he made the all-rookie team."

So, while he doesn't appear to like the Cutler trade and questions the Shanahan firing (not really sure where he stands on that), Denver gets two guys that he loves and he still drops them to #30. Denver traded a R1 next year to move up and get Smith in R2, but still no love.

JD10367
06-11-2009, 01:32 PM
IMO the Niners, Browns, Raiders and Bucs could all conceivably be ranked below the Chiefs... and how do you NOT rank the Lions last?

This is good for the Chiefs, though. Just the first of many things they can post on the bulletin board for motivation.

Mile High Mania
06-11-2009, 01:40 PM
This is good for the Chiefs, though. Just the first of many things they can post on the bulletin board for motivation.

How many years of "bulletin board material" do they need though for that motivation? Sorry... LMAO made me chuckle just to type it.

RealSNR
06-11-2009, 01:48 PM
How many years of "bulletin board material" do they need though for that motivation? Sorry... LMAO made me chuckle just to type it.Since this offseason? Zero. Pioli doesn't allow the internet in Arrowhead Stadium.

Warrior5
06-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Piss on Goose.

kc rush
06-11-2009, 01:53 PM
I don't have a problem with him ranking the Chiefs somewhere in the bottom 5 just because the team is starting over after Herm destroyed it. The Raiders are too high and the Donks are too low, although they both belong in the bottom 1/3 of the league right now.

While the Chargers are the best team in the division, they shouldn't be in the top 5, maybe 10 or so.

Just my ignorant opinion.

The Franchise
06-11-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm not understanding people's problems with the ranking?

We sucked something horrid last year.

We signed Pioli....who still has to prove that he can do it without BB.
We signed Haley.....who has no experience as a HC.
We traded for Cassel....who has to prove it wasn't a fluke.
We switched to a 3-4 in the offseason when we didn't have the people to run it.
We pretty much reached in the draft......

So I'm not sure how we should be ranked any higher right now.

chiefzilla1501
06-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Rams should actually be decent IMO this season. But what did you expect. Are you really going to be that upset that instead of 30th we're ranked 32nd. IMO its all the same. If you're mid to upper 20's in anything it means you suck....period.

Agreed. There are fewer examples of teams with good talent that were outright poorly coached. Especially that defense--they have some really good young talent. If Haslett can squeeze some production out of them, Spagnuolo should be able to get a lot more.

T-post Tom
06-11-2009, 02:29 PM

I've got at least 2 reasons:

http://xark.typepad.com/my_weblog/images/2007/11/06/al_davis.jpg
http://www.wearethepostmen.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/jamarcus.jpg

DaneMcCloud
06-11-2009, 03:18 PM
I just don't get how ...

Carson Palmer returns

IBills only go from 23 to 22...

Plenty of offseason nonsense. Marshawn Lynch out at least 3 games, etc.

No more Kellen Winslow (distraction), better offensive line, new coaching staff and defensive coordinator.

Stability in the coaching staff, Jeff Garcia, improvement from McFadden

Traded away Franchise QB, a dozen new free agents, new coaching staff, coaching staff blunders, etc.

Everyone new to the Chiefs is essentially unproven. Pioli's never run the entire football organization, Haley's never been a head and Cassel (and many others) have never headed into the season as starters.

I'd say there's plenty of question marks (and a lack of talent on the roster) to warrant their position.

Halfcan
06-11-2009, 04:36 PM
He put the Pats at #1-that is really going out on a limb-lol

TEX
06-11-2009, 05:32 PM

This. Plus we lost our best player...

I laughed the second we hired Herm, but many here thought we would contend for a Super Bowl by now. Nope - we are basically starting over - way over in order to get rid of the Edwards stench he left on this franchise. This is year 1 of rebuilding the right way. We are in for a very long process. But, I'm all for it.

RealSNR
06-11-2009, 05:38 PM

So I'm not sure how we should be ranked any higher right now.I can't speak for everybody, but my problem with the ranking is that Gosselin didn't say shit about the lack of experience with the Pioli, Haley, and Cassel acquisitions.

If he had said something like, "The Chiefs are certainly shaking things up with Pioli at GM, Haley at HC, and Cassel at QB. Unfortunetly, that's quite the lineup of inexperience, and combined with the loss of Tony Gonzalez, they've got a long ways to go."

Instead, he said what he said and gave us a shitty ranking. The two things don't line up together very well.

Adept Havelock
06-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Looks like Goose is still suffering from that Cranial-Cockpit Canopy Convergence.

whoman69
06-11-2009, 09:48 PM
We should at least be 28th :p

I prefer to see the Chiefs prove it on the field rather than newspaper columns. This is a pre-season poll, in other words about as useful as used toilet paper.

RustShack
06-11-2009, 10:17 PM
We are in for a very long process

Patriots did it in two, if a team does it right it usually takes about three.