PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Conan + Fallon = Awesome.

Pitt Gorilla
06-12-2009, 01:09 PM
I really like the new late night lineup. While I knew Conan would be good (and his sketches have been top-notch from the get-go), I thought Fallon would fail miserably. While Fallon's sketches haven't been that good, he really is an outstanding interviewer. He's very knowledgeable of television/movie history and connects well with the guest while actually LISTENING to what they say. I was completely wrong about that show and am glad to be wrong.

In a related note, Conan's focus group testing was just about perfect. His sketch last night with Slash regarding craigslist was great as well.

Thig Lyfe
06-12-2009, 01:15 PM
I really like the new late night lineup. While I knew Conan would be good (and his sketches have been top-notch from the get-go), I thought Fallon would fail miserably. While Fallon's sketches haven't been that good, he really is an outstanding interviewer. He's very knowledgeable of television/movie history and connects well with the guest while actually LISTENING to what they say. I was completely wrong about that show and am glad to be wrong.

In a related note, Conan's focus group testing was just about perfect. His sketch last night with Slash regarding craigslist was great as well.

Outstanding interviewer? You have got to be shitting me.

Did you see the Steve Martin/Paul Simon episode?

Pitt Gorilla
06-12-2009, 01:17 PM

Did you see the Steve Martin/Paul Simon episode?I did, and I thought the entire thing was pretty bad.

CoMoChief
06-13-2009, 09:59 AM
Fallon will ALWAYS suck no matter what he does.

I do like the slow jam news though.

kcxiv
06-13-2009, 04:24 PM
I actually like Fellon. He's more my age so the shit he does i can get with. He uses alot of the new tech stuff and gets down and dirty for some of his segments. I think he's pretty decent. I know at first he looked scared out there, but he should have. Thats some big shoes to fill.

I dont watch alot of these talk shows, but every now and again i will watch it if someone i like is on the show.

Third Eye
06-13-2009, 04:46 PM

Did you see the Steve Martin/Paul Simon episode?

Funny you mention that, I actually recorded that segment to show people how awful he is. In all fairness, it is the only interview of his that I have watched, and probably the only one I ever will.

KCChiefsMan
06-13-2009, 09:52 PM
I really can't stand Fallon. How he got a great career boggles me.

Red Brooklyn
06-14-2009, 01:19 PM
I've only seen Falon's show once. It was the episode following Conan's Tonight Show debut. Falon was terrible. Just disgustingly bad. Maybe I caught an off night? I don't know... but Mario Batali owned that show. If the man wasn't busy building an empire of mind-blowing cuisine, I'd say to give him the show. I was embarrassed for Falon. I probably ever watch him again. For those that do... I hope he gets better. But based on that one episode I think it's safe to say he's the worst interviewer on late night television. Yikes, he's bad.

Mojo Jojo
06-15-2009, 03:47 AM
Conan's skits have been very good, but his monologue has been average on his best night. I think he is having some issues withe the 11:30 EDT/10:30 CDT time slot. Not sure who the audience is etc. On the other hand it appears that Dave is just phoning it in on most nights, and he has lost his edge in performance.

MOhillbilly
06-15-2009, 11:41 AM
Conan's skits have been very good, but his monologue has been average on his best night. I think he is having some issues withe the 11:30 EDT/10:30 CDT time slot. Not sure who the audience is etc. On the other hand it appears that Dave is just phoning it in on most nights, and he has lost his edge in performance.

that funny what you wrote about dave, cause i think hes been phoning it in for years now.

Archie F. Swin
06-15-2009, 03:17 PM
<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/eB1f9IMsPaN-6sGnt6yYfw"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/eB1f9IMsPaN-6sGnt6yYfw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>