PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Would you trade Dwayne Bowe straight up for Brandon Marshall?

Hammock Parties
06-16-2009, 05:22 PM
If BMarsh can keep his nose clean...and I think he would with the leadership in KC...I'd pull the trigger on that in a heartbeat. I don't believe Bowe will ever be as good as Marshall is, although who knows what he can do now that he has a real quarterback.

But Marshall is a more impressive physical specimen for sure, and has accomplished more. I'd be tempted.

CoMoChief
06-16-2009, 05:23 PM
I'd rather give up Cassell instead. and I KNOW denver would bite on that.

Kyle DeLexus
06-16-2009, 05:30 PM

Oh great Idea! Wait until after the draft and go into the season with a legit receiving tandom, but no QB to throw them the ball! Then next year we can draft TT1 (Tim Tebow) to go with TT2 (Tyler Thigpen). Pure genius I'll tell you what.

If we were going to trade Cassel, you do it before the draft and take Sanchez

wasi
06-16-2009, 05:32 PM
I voted No because I think Marshall has ascended to be the best he will ever be, while I want to see what Bowe can do this year as the go to guy in his 3rd year. Besides, the Chiefs aren't close to competing for the championship and I think Marshall would turn out to be cancer if he isn't in a winning situation.

L.A. Chieffan
06-16-2009, 05:33 PM
retartet

JD10367
06-16-2009, 05:35 PM
I won't vote since I'm not a Chiefs fan, but Marshall averages 63 YPG, a 12.8 catch average with a 4.9 YAC, and has 15 TDs in 46 games (a .326 average). Bowe averages the same 63 YPG with almost the same catch average (12.9) and the same 4.9 YAC, and has 12 TDs in 32 games (a .375 average). Not sure why you'd bother making the switch if Marshall's more of a headcase... And Marshall supposedly had a better QB throwing to him, if you believe in Cutler...

redsurfer11
06-16-2009, 05:36 PM
If BMarsh can keep his nose clean...and I think he would with the leadership in KC...I'd pull the trigger on that in a heartbeat. I don't believe Bowe will ever be as good as Marshall is, although who knows what he can do now that he has a real quarterback.

But Marshall is a more impressive physical specimen for sure, and has accomplished more. I'd be tempted.

NO and you'd pull anything in a heartbeat.

Hammock Parties
06-16-2009, 05:37 PM
I won't vote since I'm not a Chiefs fan, but Marshall averages 63 YPG, a 12.8 catch average with a 4.9 YAC, and has 15 TDs in 46 games (a .326 average). Bowe averages the same 63 YPG with almost the same catch average (12.9) and the same 4.9 YAC, and has 12 TDs in 32 games (a .375 average). Not sure why you'd bother making the switch if Marshall's more of a headcase... And Marshall supposedly had a better QB throwing to him, if you believe in Cutler...

These stats are skewed because Marshall didn't start but one game as a rookie.

wasi
06-16-2009, 05:39 PM

Nice!

Kyle DeLexus
06-16-2009, 05:39 PM

Personally, I like Bowe a lot, but I voted for Marshall. I just think he has more upside. That's putting his off field stuff aside like the OP asked to. I don't think he'll ever clean up his act so realistically I wouldn't do this.

The Bad Guy
06-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Bowe hasn't played with a QB worth a shit in his career.

Let's see how he does with Cassel before we throw him to a division rival for a headcase.

L.A. Chieffan
06-16-2009, 05:43 PM
These stats are skewed because Marshall didn't start but one game as a rookie.

Bowe's stats are skewed because this offense sucks shit.

RealSNR
06-16-2009, 05:45 PM
As it stands now- Marshall is a better receiver.

Does that mean I would make the straight-up trade? No. I wouldn't make the swap. Too many question marks involving Marshall's attitude and also what Bowe MIGHT become. It was only his 2nd year last year with a crap QB

Halfcan
06-16-2009, 05:48 PM
yep trade a good guy for a thug with a rap sheet-no way

CoMoChief
06-16-2009, 05:49 PM
Oh great Idea! Wait until after the draft and go into the season with a legit receiving tandom, but no QB to throw them the ball! Then next year we can draft TT1 (Tim Tebow) to go with TT2 (Tyler Thigpen). Pure genius I'll tell you what.

Personally I'd rather have Thigpen start, never would have traded for Cassell or Vrabel. Kept Tony G, and would have drafted OL in 2nd rd.

Still pissed we didn't draft Duke Robinson.....mark my words that guy will be a badass in the NFL someday. He lasted til the 5th rd for some reason that Im unaware of.

CrazyPhuD
06-16-2009, 05:50 PM
I'd trade Will Franklin straight up for marshall though!

Micjones
06-16-2009, 05:51 PM
I wouldn't trade Bowe for Marshall, but probably for more sentimental reasons than anything else.

He's was drafted by this organization. And has yet to reach his full potential.
Keep him.

Kyle DeLexus
06-16-2009, 05:51 PM
Personally I'd rather have Thigpen start, never would have traded for Cassell or Vrabel. Kept Tony G, and would have drafted OL in 2nd rd.

Still pissed we didn't draft Duke Robinson.....mark my words that guy will be a badass in the NFL someday. He lasted til the 5th rd for some reason that Im unaware of.

So you would have not traded for Cassel and not drafted Sanchez?

CoMoChief
06-16-2009, 05:54 PM
So you would have not traded for Cassel and not drafted Sanchez?

That is correct.

RealSNR
06-16-2009, 05:57 PM
That is correct.So who the hell would you draft? Jackson?

Kyle DeLexus
06-16-2009, 05:59 PM
That is correct.

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion. My opinion is, I'm glad your not running the team. I'm a TT2 supporter and think what he did was great, but he's not a starting QB in this league. He might be one day if he works at it. If they hadn't made a move this year, we would have ended up drafting a QB next year when the defensive class looks much better than this years, and I just don't like the QB's available next year at this point in time. They, and many other teams, must not have thought as highly of Duke as you did. He fell hard there must be a reason for that.

Kyle DeLexus
06-16-2009, 05:59 PM
So who the hell would you draft? Jackson?

My guess is Curry if he wanted OLine in round 2.

Bwana
06-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Oh hell no!

wild1
06-16-2009, 06:04 PM
No.

What has Marshall had, 13 incidents involving police I think I read? One or two could be coincidence, 13, no way. The off-the-field stuff is not worth it.

I'm eager to see what Bowe can do in a coherent offense, when not coached by the intellectual equivalent of a bunch of preschoolers

KCUnited
06-16-2009, 06:08 PM
B. Marsha is just being rebellion.

Rain Man
06-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Marshall is just Pacman Jones with no friends.

Kyle DeLexus
06-16-2009, 06:11 PM

Thats good, it's the friends that shoot people and get you in trouble.

wild1
06-16-2009, 06:17 PM

ROFL

LaChapelle
06-16-2009, 06:25 PM

You can shut down Chiefsplanet now. Topping this is beyond mortal.

TheGuardian
06-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Wow. Trade Bowe for Marshall? Talk about dumb. Marshall had Cutler locking onto him for the past couple of seasons and forcing the ball to him. If Bowe were in Denver he would have put up better numbers than Marshall because he's the better player. Marshall is nothing more than a product of being Cutler's catching bitch. And he's a headcase.

BigRock
06-16-2009, 06:41 PM

For your next birthday I'm going to try to arrange a meeting between Shanny, Cutler, and Marshall in the men's room of a local Kwik Shop. Your present will be the key to the ladies room so you can work the glory hole.

RJ
06-16-2009, 06:45 PM
Is this a fantasy football team or am I GM of the Chiefs?

beach tribe
06-16-2009, 06:51 PM
After this season, you will never mention trading Bowe again.

Hammock Parties
06-16-2009, 06:51 PM
For your next birthday I'm going to try to arrange a meeting between Shanny, Cutler, and Marshall in the men's room of a local Kwik Shop. Your present will be the key to the ladies room so you can work the glory hole.

ROFL

Throw in LJ and we'll have a circle jerk.

Easy 6
06-16-2009, 06:57 PM

Exactly.

Kyle DeLexus
06-16-2009, 06:59 PM
So far I think MoreLemonPledge is the only one that has voted right. Everyone has their price and +other considerations could be the right price.

smittysbar
06-16-2009, 07:02 PM

THIGPEN... oh Geez :cuss:

Mojo Jojo
06-16-2009, 07:05 PM
Wow. Trade Bowe for Marshall? Talk about dumb. Marshall had Cutler locking onto him for the past couple of seasons and forcing the ball to him. If Bowe were in Denver he would have put up better numbers than Marshall because he's the better player. Marshall is nothing more than a product of being Cutler's catching bitch. And he's a headcase.

Just playing devil's advocate. 1. While Cutler locked onto Marshall...Marshall did hold onto the ball. A little problem Bowe has had and I'm not sure with all those drops his numbers would be that improved. 2. Using you logic Tony G. was nothing more than a product of being Trent's, Tyler's etc. catching bitch.

Rain Man
06-16-2009, 07:07 PM
So far I think MoreLemonPledge is the only one that has voted right. Everyone has their price and +other considerations could be the right price.

I actually realized that later. I would certainly trade Bowe for Marshall and the Broncos' next ten years of draft picks. Maybe even nine.

TheGuardian
06-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Just playing devil's advocate. 1. While Cutler locked onto Marshall...Marshall did hold onto the ball. A little problem Bowe has had and I'm not sure with all those drops his numbers would be that improved. 2. Using you logic Tony G. was nothing more than a product of being Trent's, Tyler's etc. catching bitch.

The difference is, Tony produced with lots of different QB's. Bowe had to learn the ropes in a QB mess. You put Bowe in Denver and his numbers are better than Marshall's. Why? Because he's more talented.

Boris The Great
06-16-2009, 07:15 PM
Denver 2008 passing yards = 4471
Chiefs 2008 passing yards = 3129

Marshal 2008 stats = 104 catches, 1265 yards, 6 TDs
Bowe 2008 stats = 86 catches, 1022 yards, 7 TDs

In an offense that threw for 1342 fewer yards than Denver, Bowe had just 243 yards less than Marshall and one more TD. And he put up those numbers with 18 fewer catches. Statistically, Bowe played a bigger role in his teams passing game than Marshall did, accounting for 33% of the passing total compared to Marshalls 28%.

Of course, it goes without saying that Bowe also had to work with our crap collection of QBs and played on the offense of a Herm Edwards coached team.

If you leveled the playing field and added 1000 yards to the Chiefs passing game last season (still leaving them 342 short of Denvers output), Bowe would end up dwarfing Marshall in every possible category.

Oh, but it gets better.

Denver 2007 passing yards = 3584
Chiefs 2007 passing yards = 3184

Compare those to the 2008 numbers and you will notice that Denver passed for nearly 1000 more yards from 2007 to 2008, while KC actually passed for fewer yards in that span.

Marshall 2007 stats = 102 catches, 1325 yards, 7 TDs
Bowe 2007 stats = 70 catches, 995 yards, 5 TDs

Compare their stats to 2008 and you will notice that Marshall got less yards and less TDs in 2008 despite his team adding 1000 yards of output to their passing game. Meanwhile, Bowe improved from 2007 to 2008 despite his team throwing the ball for less yardage.

Again, assume the Chiefs added 1000 yards onto their passing game. Even given that Eddie Royal took some of Marshalls catches this year (as Gonzalez obviously did with Bowe), can you even imagine a situation where Bowe would put up LOWER numbers with the QB throwing an extra 1000 yards?

Just imagine what Bowe might be able to accomplish with an actual QB and a coach who doesnt mind offense.

tmax63
06-16-2009, 07:18 PM
I vote no because I think BM (hehehe) is damaged goods. He cut tendons in his arm 2 yrs ago. He had hip work done this offseason. Hip problems scare me more than knee problems. Ask Bo Jackson, Rod Smith and others. I kinda wonder if he wants his payday before he gets back on the field (and shows that he is damaged). That's not even taking into consideration that he's 1 off-field screw-up from a long suspension and being the fine locker room leader that he is showing off by not attending mandatory training and demanding a trade.

Kyle DeLexus
06-16-2009, 07:20 PM

In an offense that threw for 1342 fewer yards than Denver, Bowe had just 243 yards less than Marshall and one more TD. And he put up those numbers with 18 fewer catches. Statistically, Bowe played a bigger role in his teams passing game than Marshall did, accounting for 33% of the passing total compared to Marshalls 28%.

Of course, it goes without saying that Bowe also had to work with our crap collection of QBs and played on the offense of a Herm Edwards coached team.

If you leveled the playing field and added 1000 yards to the Chiefs passing game last season (still leaving them 342 short of Denvers output), Bowe would end up dwarfing Marshall in every possible category.

Oh, but it gets better.

Compare those to the 2008 numbers and you will notice that Denver passed for nearly 1000 more yards from 2007 to 2008, while KC actually passed for fewer yards in that span.

Compare their stats to 2008 and you will notice that Marshall got less yards and less TDs in 2008 despite his team adding 1000 yards of output to their passing game. Meanwhile, Bowe improved from 2007 to 2008 despite his team throwing the ball for less yardage.

Again, assume the Chiefs added 1000 yards onto their passing game. Even given that Eddie Royal took some of Marshalls catches this year (as Gonzalez obviously did with Bowe), can you even imagine a situation where Bowe would put up LOWER numbers with the QB throwing an extra 1000 yards?

Just imagine what Bowe might be able to accomplish with an actual QB and a coach who doesnt mind offense.

Thats how you debate!

I still say Lemon got it though. Every player has a price and Pioli knows that.

BigRock
06-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Just playing devil's advocate. 1. While Cutler locked onto Marshall...Marshall did hold onto the ball. A little problem Bowe has had

Granted, I think Marshall was targeted more, so Bowe's number of drops per attempt is probably worse. But on the official "drops" list, Bowe had 13, Marshall had 12.

Mojo Jojo
06-16-2009, 07:28 PM
The difference is, Tony produced with lots of different QB's. Bowe had to learn the ropes in a QB mess. You put Bowe in Denver and his numbers are better than Marshall's. Why? Because he's more talented.

Still playing Devil's Advocate here...
So you are saying that Carl and Herm made good draft choices? Also it seems a lot of posts on this thread say that Bowe and Marshall have just about the same numbers, and are happy with that. However the numbers no one has mentioned is that Bowe is a first round pick and Marshall is a fourth round pick. Therefore we should be happy that our first round pick can put up the same numbers as a fourth round pick.

Once again...just playing Devil's Advocate.

philfree
06-16-2009, 07:44 PM

Oh, but it gets better.

Wow! I figured Marshall would have alot better numbers then Bowe.

PhilFree:arrow:

LaChapelle
06-16-2009, 07:48 PM
I thought I would go over to the 'mane and check out the denial. I should have known better. This avatar is down right disturbing.

I can understand as a fan being excited to see your team play...but damn. Nice hat rack pervert.

BigRock
06-16-2009, 07:51 PM
Also it seems a lot of posts on this thread say that Bowe and Marshall have just about the same numbers, and are happy with that.

The point is that they have just about the same numbers despite playing in two vastly different offenses, see. And one offense is far less conducive for productivity.

Guess which one is which.

Mr. Krab
06-16-2009, 08:03 PM
Talent vs attitude/off-the-field issues?

On the field

1. Marshall is the better receiver right now and might always be since we don't know if Bowe will ever learn to focus and not drop passes.

2. Bowe might become better under our current staff,system and QB.

Off the field

1. Marshall is a douche and it shows off the field and now it's starting to in house.

2. Bowe seems to be pretty much a straight up guy on and off the field.

:hmmm:

nope, i probably keep Bowe and hope he develops under Haley.

Huffman83
06-16-2009, 08:09 PM
I say give the 2nd round pick (Tony/Atlanta).

Mr. Krab
06-16-2009, 08:11 PM
I say give the 2nd round pick (Tony/Atlanta).I would probably do this.

Mile High Mania
06-16-2009, 08:14 PM
Dumbest poll ever...

At least make them equal parts or the better question would be, would Denver trade Marshall straight up for a player like Bowe. No.

RJ
06-16-2009, 09:05 PM
Dumbest poll ever...

At least make them equal parts or the better question would be, would Denver trade Marshall straight up for a player like Bowe. No.

Heh. I bet right now they'd think about it.

TEX
06-16-2009, 09:49 PM
IMO, Marshal is better BUT he's a fool. So, I'd keep D-Bowe. Besides, Bowe might be the better receiver down the road.

rockymtnchief
06-16-2009, 09:49 PM
A guy who is shutting up and trying to improve his game vs a guy seeking more money/drama/less suspension time?

I'll stick with Bowe.

TEX
06-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Dumbest poll ever...

With all your team has been through this off season ROFL - how do you know?

Farzin
06-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Bowe hasn't played with a QB worth a shit in his career.

With that said, he's done a pretty good job with those QB's. It will be exciting to see what kind of a show he can put on with Cassel.

DeezNutz
06-16-2009, 09:55 PM
McDaniels would trade for Bowe in hopes that he has some Cassel smell on him.

Kyle DeLexus
06-16-2009, 10:08 PM
With that said, he's done a pretty good job with those QB's. It will be exciting to see what kind of a show he can put on with Cassel.

I've actually been excited about the fact that Bowe was taking practice more seriously than he had been.

HemiEd
06-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Thank you!

Boris The Great
06-16-2009, 10:40 PM
For everyone saying Marshall is better, explain why without making a meaningless stats argument. Marshall having more yards in a pass-heavy system does not make him a better receiver.

So what does make him better?

Dont say yards after catch. For his career, Bowe averages 4.86 YAC for each reception he makes. Marshall averages 4.66.

Dont say drops, because Marshall only had one fewer than Bowe did.

Dont say big catches, because according to Stats Inc. they both had 8 last year. Although I admit I have no idea what the criteria is for that.

ClevelandBronco
06-16-2009, 10:45 PM
Take the POS.

Hammock Parties
06-16-2009, 10:50 PM
For everyone saying Marshall is better, explain why without making a meaningless stats argument. Marshall having more yards in a pass-heavy system does not make him a better receiver.

So what does make him better?

Dont say yards after catch. For his career, Bowe averages 4.86 YAC for each reception he makes. Marshall averages 4.66.

Dont say drops, because Marshall only had one fewer than Bowe did.

Dont say big catches, because according to Stats Inc. they both had 8 last year. Although I admit I have no idea what the criteria is for that.

It's really just the sense I got watching games. Marshall was a more dangerous receiver. He made more big plays. He was a better deep threat.

And he scared the shit out of me when the Chiefs played the Broncos.

Farzin
06-16-2009, 11:02 PM
I've actually been excited about the fact that Bowe was taking practice more seriously than he had been.

Well thank goodness he has a coach who is more serious.

Those two things (better QB and a better coaching staff) will help him become a very good receiver.

dj56dt58
06-16-2009, 11:24 PM

uh Trent didn't throw to Tony all that much..he threw to receivers and backs and Tony from time to time

-King-
06-16-2009, 11:26 PM
Nothing to do with a Bowe/ Marshall trade, but I did not know Bowe was targeted this much last year http://i44.tinypic.com/348nfvc.jpg

I'd also like to see TGs to see if Thigpen really did lock on him like people say.

crazycoffey
06-16-2009, 11:33 PM
ban goatboy for this craptastic question...
Bowe does not approve of your message.

BigRock
06-16-2009, 11:33 PM
Nothing to do with a Bowe/ Marshall trade, but I did not know Bowe was targeted this much last year http://i44.tinypic.com/348nfvc.jpg

I'd also like to see TGs to see if Thigpen really did lock on him like people say.

Tony would be #5 on that list if TEs were on it.

J Diddy
06-16-2009, 11:34 PM
uh Trent didn't throw to Tony all that much..he threw to receivers and backs and Tony from time to time

dude, Tony caught 102 balls for 1200 yards in 04. Every other season tony was over 70 all but 1, he caught 63.

Hell in Tony's best year Tony caught 20 % of all catches thrown and 27.6% of all passes caught.

Kyle DeLexus
06-16-2009, 11:36 PM
I'd trade D-Bowe straight up for Andre Johnson or Larry Fitz

SBK
06-16-2009, 11:37 PM
I'd like to see what Bowe is capable of with competent coaches and a decent QB. We know what Marshall can do with that....

crazycoffey
06-16-2009, 11:42 PM
I'd like to see what Bowe is capable of with competent coaches and a decent QB. We know what Marshall can do with that....

so does he, that's why he wants the trade.....

googlegoogle
06-16-2009, 11:46 PM
BM = another spoiled player. What would he be doing if he weren't playing with balls back in his ghetto?

BarrySPAMAID
06-17-2009, 12:02 AM
I heard a rumor that MArshall has been arrested like 13 times? Is that true?

Ultra Peanut
06-17-2009, 12:13 AM
BM = another spoiled player. What would he be doing if he weren't playing with balls back in his ghetto?you bring great shame to your family

PhillyChiefFan
06-17-2009, 05:14 AM
Negative, Ghostrider.

Rooster
06-17-2009, 08:02 AM

:hmmm::hmmm:

ChiTown
06-17-2009, 08:33 AM

God bless Wes Welker.

That dude is just money when the ball comes his way.

King_Chief_Fan
06-17-2009, 09:03 AM

No...but I heard your mom would trade you for a pair of dirty socks and a pair of shit stained briefs

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-17-2009, 10:26 AM

I was gonna' go with "urine idiot", but your take works just as good.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-17-2009, 10:39 AM
THIGPEN... oh Geez :cuss:

Why the hell not!? So we've gone from Spread-Dependent Monkey, to Better Spread-Dependent Monkey 2.0; who gives a fuck?! What difference does it make?!

I would have happily and joyously put up with increasing Tyler's salary, and watching another season of his PT Barnum-like follies if meant getting a young franchise QB with high ceiling instead of another motherfucking hand me-down.

A hand me-down that some people seem to think is the next Kurt Warner and will play for the Chiefs for 10 years?!?!?

The name of your marijuana supplier; NOW!

It's good shit, and I want some!

FAX
06-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Wow.

Bowe's dropsies can be cured. It's a concentration issue and he does make some excellent catches from time to time, so it's definitely correctable. Give him a decent quarterback to work with over the course of a couple of years so they can get in sync and he'll make you proud.

So, no.

Besides, Marshall is headed right for Ass Cap Town on the express. And, as Vince Lombardi said on so many occasions; "It's extremely difficult to run your routes or make your cuts with a pop in your ass cap."

FAX

Marcellus
06-17-2009, 10:51 AM

Yet another example of how completely stupid some of your opinions are. Yet you are entitled to your stupid opinions.

Mile High Mania
06-17-2009, 12:39 PM
Yet another example of how completely stupid some of your opinions are. Yet you are entitled to your stupid opinions.

I'm just curious to learn more about this "leadership in KC" that could turn the life around for a player with the lack of common sense that Marshall brings to the table.

milkman
06-17-2009, 12:42 PM
I'm just curious to learn more about this "leadership in KC" that could turn the life around for a player with the lack of common sense that Marshall brings to the table.

Haven't you ever heard of Brian Waters?

BigMeatballDave
06-17-2009, 12:46 PM
I voted for Marshall. Overall, its a push, really. I wasn't aware there were so many homers here...

BigMeatballDave
06-17-2009, 12:50 PM

My God you are retarded.

DeezNutz
06-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Attempted serious points of discussion about Thigpen and Croyle give me a headache.

milkman
06-17-2009, 12:52 PM
I voted for Marshall. Overall, its a push, really. I wasn't aware there were so many homers here...

I don't think it's homerism.

Bowe hasn't performed at the same level as Marshall, but he's a far riskier player on a personal level, and you can not simply eliminate that from the equation.

Consistent1
06-17-2009, 12:54 PM
I have thought about this since yesterday. It is tempting to take Marshall, but with the team being as screwed up as it is I would stick to the relative security of Bowe. He has avoided problems and improved fairly consistently. Can't we just trade Waters for Brandon and have them both mom? Casey and Brian back together may be too scary to deal with though. Remember all those playoff wins....Haha.

DeezNutz
06-17-2009, 12:57 PM
I don't think it's homerism.

Bowe hasn't performed at the same level as Marshall, but he's a far riskier player on a personal level, and you can not simply eliminate that from the equation.

That's how I see.

If we're talking raw talent, then I don't think it's even an arguable point. But the situation isn't nearly this clear.

BigMeatballDave
10-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Again, YES I would...