PDA

View Full Version : News My biological dad died

whoaskew
06-16-2009, 10:01 PM
I received a call today telling me that my dad died at home.

I drove to his house and was told that it appeared to be a stroke. He was 52 years old.

They still consider the death suspicious, so they will contact me tomorrow after the autopsy is completed.

I am his only child.

http://www.kctv5.com/video/19772144/index.html

stumppy
06-16-2009, 10:04 PM
I'm sorry for your loss.

pr_capone
06-16-2009, 10:08 PM
Did the news get his age wrong? They said 57.

Sorry for your loss. :(

HemiEd
06-16-2009, 10:09 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss, tuff times. Hang in there, all the best.

Rain Man
06-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Sorry to hear.

I'm not meaning to be insensitive, but what appears to be suspicious? Do you know?

wild1
06-16-2009, 10:17 PM
my condolences

whoaskew
06-16-2009, 10:17 PM
Did the news get his age wrong? They said 57.

Sorry for your loss. :(

Yes, the news got a few details wrong. He was 52.

The video link was apparently created earlier in the afternoon.

What they have shown tonight on TV channel 5 is totally different, it gives many more details, and the reporter asked me a few questions on camera.

Sorry to hear.

I'm not meaning to be insensitive, but what appears to be suspicious? Do you know?

I don't know much, but what they told me was the biggest red flags are that:

1. My uncle filed a missing persons report on my dad a week and a half ago.
2. Since then, the detectives have noticed my uncles car at my dad's house a few different times in different parking spots.
3. My uncle has always had keys to my dads house, and he is the one who found my dad dead today and called it in.
4. My grandmother died last year, which could be a potential dispute over inheritances

I was told that everything appeared like my dad had a stroke, but the autopsy will tell us for sure. The news reporter Jeanine, told me that the investigators error on the side of caution, because if they don't, the scene will become contaminated, which means they can't come back for evidence if the autopsy later shows that foul play is involved.

Buehler445
06-16-2009, 10:35 PM
Sorry for your loss. Hopefully there is no foul play.
Posted via Mobile Device

Farzin
06-16-2009, 10:56 PM
Sorry for your loss man.

Yes, the news got a few details wrong. He was 52.

The video link was apparently created earlier in the afternoon.

What they have shown tonight on TV channel 5 is totally different, it gives many more details, and the reporter asked me a few questions on camera.

I honestly hate when the media tries to report a death on a person (they have correct details on Bob Frederick) but back when my friend committed suicide in November, every news station reported the wrong info. Although it does need to be shared, sometimes I wish they wouldn't..

Keep you head high.

Phobia
06-16-2009, 11:00 PM
Bummer dude.

Bugeater
06-16-2009, 11:03 PM
I don't know much, but what they told me was the biggest red flags are that:

1. My uncle filed a missing persons report on my dad a week and a half ago.
2. Since then, the detectives have noticed my uncles car at my dad's house a few different times in different parking spots.
3. My uncle has always had keys to my dads house, and he is the one who found my dad dead today and called it in.
4. My grandmother died last year, which could be a potential dispute over inheritances

I was told that everything appeared like my dad had a stroke, but the autopsy will tell us for sure. The news reporter Jeanine, told me that the investigators error on the side of caution, because if they don't, the scene will become contaminated, which means they can't come back for evidence if the autopsy later shows that foul play is involved.
Wow, I hope that's not true. Sorry for your loss man.

Inspector
06-17-2009, 03:56 AM
My condolences. He was way too young.

PhillyChiefFan
06-17-2009, 05:12 AM
Sorry for your loss, 52 is way too young.

Prayers to you and yours.

bevischief
06-17-2009, 05:20 AM
Sorry to hear.

Bwana
06-17-2009, 08:00 AM
Sorry to hear that.

J Diddy
06-17-2009, 08:02 AM
my condolensences.
I hope it works out with your family

Iowanian
06-17-2009, 08:06 AM
Sorry for your loss.

Was he a regular part of your life?

Lzen
06-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Sorry for you loss.
Prayers for your family in your time of grieving.

JazzzLovr
06-17-2009, 10:17 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. I lost a close friend of 14 yrs yesterday at the age of 41 so feelin it too.

Thoughts and prayers...
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Plow
06-17-2009, 10:20 AM
52 is way to young. Sorry for your loss - thoughts and prayers for you.

Buck
06-17-2009, 10:22 AM
Sorry to hear about that man.

RIP

whoaskew
06-17-2009, 10:50 AM
Sorry for your loss.

Was he a regular part of your life?

My dad was beat up pretty bad by the police when he was in college, and suffered some pretty serious brain damage. Shortly after that occurred, I was born. I am now 30 years old, and throughout my life he has been reclusive.

There were periods where he wouldn't talk to me for months and there were periods where we would talk a few times per week.

He lived with my grandmother, and after she died last year, he began changing phone numbers on a weekly basis and whenever I would go to visit, it would routinely take him 30 or 45 minutes of knocking before he would answer the door.

Nevertheless, he would always be extremely happy to see me and his two grandsons.

Throughout this past winter and spring, each week me and my two sons would pick him up, go out to eat with him, and take him to the grocery store.

For a variety of reasons, our weekly visits ended about a month ago.

FAX
06-17-2009, 10:51 AM
My condolences, Mr. whoaskew. I hope things work out on this for you.

I lost my father at the same age (52). That's far too young.

FAX

Dave Lane
06-17-2009, 12:58 PM
I received a call today telling me that my dad died at home.

I drove to his house and was told that it appeared to be a stroke. He was 52 years old.

They still consider the death suspicious, so they will contact me tomorrow after the autopsy is completed.

I am his only child.

http://www.kctv5.com/video/19772144/index.html

Damn Nigel sorry to hear that and he was so young! God i have to say that don't I.

Halfcan
06-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Sorry for your loss-Best wishes to you and your family.

bkkcoh
06-17-2009, 03:54 PM
I hope justice is found so you and the rest of the family can have some peace.

whoaskew
06-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Thank you all for the kind words and prayers. I left a message with the detective, but I still have not been notified of the results of the autopsy.

Skip Towne
06-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Sorry to hear this. My condolences