PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Full Game of Madden 2010 Ravens vs Titans

mfkrush
06-18-2009, 07:22 AM
http://www.virtualsportsnetwork.com/madden-nfl-10-titansravens-full-game/

Full game of Madden 2010, it's the Alpha version so it's still a work in progress. But it looks very good, presentation is SUPERB I think. A whole lot better compared to last year where the presentation was "blah"

Red Brooklyn
06-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Thanks for posting this. I'll check it out when I get home. I'm so torn about Madden 2010. Hopefully this will help me in my decision making process.

The Franchise
06-19-2009, 11:27 AM
My problem with them posting videos about the gameplay is this. It's not actually someone who plays the game....playing the game on the video. It's the developer playing against the computer. Shit....for the first quarter....all they did was run tosses to Chris Johnson...and it looked like they weren't even hitting speed burst. FFS....give a gamer the ability to play the game first and then record that. He'll let you know if it's still fucked up or not.

Red Brooklyn
06-19-2009, 12:55 PM
My problem with them posting videos about the gameplay is this. It's not actually someone who plays the game....playing the game on the video. It's the developer playing against the computer. Shit....for the first quarter....all they did was run tosses to Chris Johnson...and it looked like they weren't even hitting speed burst. FFS....give a gamer the ability to play the game first and then record that. He'll let you know if it's still ****ed up or not.
Great point!

I'm not much of a gamer. So I'm pretty ignorant to all of this... had no idea these videos weren't gamers playing. Interesting.

How does the game look, though? Good looks certainly do not a good game make, but I'm curious if it looks any better than 09.

Valiant
06-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Great point!

I'm not much of a gamer. So I'm pretty ignorant to all of this... had no idea these videos weren't gamers playing. Interesting.

How does the game look, though? Good looks certainly do not a good game make, but I'm curious if it looks any better than 09.

People are not wanting a good looking game.. They want a game that plays great all the way around.. Basically the opposite of the last few years..

MMXcalibur
06-19-2009, 03:27 PM
I don't think I'll bother with playing online lobby games (again....). Mix one speedy running back (Chris Johnson) with constant runs parallel to the line of scrimmage to the outside = 8-10 yard gains every time. No thanks.

Red Brooklyn
06-19-2009, 07:35 PM
People are not wanting a good looking game.. They want a game that plays great all the way around.. Basically the opposite of the last few years..
Sure. Gameplay is paramount. And, ideally, one would want both, right? A good looking game that has great gameplay all the way around.

Like I said, I'm a novice at best, and don't play very often when I do play. But I think great graphics can smooth over some minor gameplay flaws. I actually don't hate Madden 09. I think it's fine. But I do wish it looked a little better. And I don't see any reason in grabbing M10 if there haven't been any upgrades in the graphics department.

But I totally see your point. I'm sure most serious gamers are much more concerned with gameplay. And that's as it should be I suppose.

unothadeal
06-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Watched 30 seconds and didn't see any difference from the last few years.

Mecca
06-19-2009, 07:44 PM
You must be blind then, look at the crowd for one if you can't see a difference there you my friend are blind.

Also there's a mode on the game called simulation mode that you can turn off and on if you turn it on it's suppose to make the game more realistic...so who's to say if that's on you even have a speed burst?

KCChiefsMan
06-19-2009, 07:50 PM
I'd take 1999 graphics if they fixed the gameplay, but that will never happen. Madden fanboy zombies would buy it no matter what.

Mecca
06-19-2009, 07:51 PM
I'd take 1999 graphics if they fixed the gameplay, but that will never happen. Madden fanboy zombies would buy it no matter what.

They're not going to make a full on simulation game anyway. They want to sell alot of games to casual fans who want to play it for fun. If it takes a month to learn how to play it properly because it's a dead on sim people will bitch about that.

KCChiefsMan
06-20-2009, 11:05 AM
They're not going to make a full on simulation game anyway. They want to sell alot of games to casual fans who want to play it for fun. If it takes a month to learn how to play it properly because it's a dead on sim people will bitch about that.

how bout fixing the main problems then?

KcFanInGA
06-21-2009, 09:45 PM
You must be blind then, look at the crowd for one if you can't see a difference there you my friend are blind.

Also there's a mode on the game called simulation mode that you can turn off and on if you turn it on it's suppose to make the game more realistic...so who's to say if that's on you even have a speed burst?

Agreed. And the qb drops look much improved also, seems like it plays faster than 09. I'll be getting this one.

Mecca
06-21-2009, 10:10 PM
how bout fixing the main problems then?

What do you consider a main problem, Madden seems to have done alot to fix their issues where NCAA hasn't.

MMXcalibur
06-22-2009, 09:39 AM
What do you consider a main problem, Madden seems to have done alot to fix their issues where NCAA hasn't.

Madden has done a lot to give it a "sim" feel, but it will never be perfect. There will always be an exploit, bug or nuance that infuriates people. There are idiots out there with 300-12 records online and those are the people that have found these kinks. Personally, I think EA should get the majority of these morons in a room, watch them play and build a game around the exact OPPOSITE of how they play.

Just as a side note I keep hoping from the new Madden (non gameplay wise) that's in NCAA, are custom stadium soundtracks and "Instant Classic" games. Playing as the Chiefs at Arrowhead doesn't feel "right" without Rock and Roll Part 2 playing after a touchdown. Also, the Instant Classic games was just nice to have in reminding yourself of tight, hard-fought games.

ModSocks
06-23-2009, 10:40 AM
The running animations look silly. Aside from that, it looks pretty impressive. I have to agree with the above poster talking about the speedy backs and toss sweeps.

It seems like there is only one way to build a team in Madden, Speed, speed, and more speed. I wish they could put more emphasis on other attributes, such as strength, toughness, IQ etc, that way you can have identities for each team.

Mecca
06-23-2009, 05:40 PM
The running animations look silly. Aside from that, it looks pretty impressive. I have to agree with the above poster talking about the speedy backs and toss sweeps.

It seems like there is only one way to build a team in Madden, Speed, speed, and more speed. I wish they could put more emphasis on other attributes, such as strength, toughness, IQ etc, that way you can have identities for each team.

That's video games in general, having the fastest team gives you the advantage.

Kyle DeLexus
06-23-2009, 05:56 PM
That's video games in general, having the fastest team gives you the advantage.

Thats the truth. For the past few years before this last year I'd put Tyson Thompson as my RB because he's a friend of mine. He should have been nothing but depth and KR and I could play just as well with him as someone in the 90's because he was fast.

KCChiefsMan
06-24-2009, 12:12 AM
I guess I never realized that Mecca is a Madden fanboy. Every year for the past 5 or 6 six years I kept hoping that this would be the year they would fix some of the key issues that always pissed me off. But none of them ever got fixed and they made the game very cumbersome to navigate through the menus and took away the a lot of features that I liked. These issues that I'm talking about include the
-offensive line just standing with there hands up while the blitzing LB walks right through untouched,
-no impact quarterbacks period, everybody is Tom Brady in the game, Tom Brady/Peyton Manning are no better than our very own Thigpen. Same with defensive line, linebackers and offensive line. Other positions you can tell the difference a little bit.
-There has never been a bad pass by any QB, it's either deflected by the defense, intercepted by the defense, dropped by the WR or caught by the WR. That how 100% of passes are ended in Madden.
-The angle which the safeties will take on the ball carrier have been the same, they will always run straight at them instead of doing what a safety should do and make sure they don't break it for a TD. So if you can't hit the button enough times to control the safety then you are screwed because the ball carrier will run up the field for a TD. In the situations where the ball carrier is out in the open
-defensive players still get sucked into blocks, I know a lot of you know what I mean
-play action, even if you have been running the entire game, almost always results in your QB getting sacked immediately
-sliders never work except for the interception one.
-Progression has always been a joke, a rookie who wasn't a first round pick will never get to a 90 no matter how well he does. He could be a WR you drafted in the 5th round and put up 2,000 yds per season with 30 TDs and in the offseason he will go from 68 to 70
-the offseason free agency is a joke, it's always been just pay them what they demand even though its way too high and it's week 8 and they still don't have a job. Also 7th round picks demand a 3 yr $5 million dollar deal which is not even close and you can't sign them for less than what they demand
-they took out the ability a few years ago to be able to sub a certain player in a certain formation automatically, which is ridiculous so if you want your backup to play at all you have to hit start, wait for the menu to pop up then go into your depth chart...very very cumbersome

I could sit here and think of 100 more things, all of these issues have still found their way into the game unnoticed by the developers each and every year since the 360 came out.

and they all seem, to me, like issues that they could fix without having to overhaul the entire game.

Mecca
06-26-2009, 03:39 AM
I'm not exactly a fan boy but I'm telling you some of this stuff you just expect to get you are never going to get.

They are not going to make a game for the hardcore sim audience they got those people already. When you are the only company putting out football games the hardcores are for the most part buy it anyway, you got them already, so they don't market to them. They market to kids and casual players who just want to have fun with the game.

When your goal is to make the most money possible why would you put a ton of stuff into a game that appeals to the people that buy it anyway? It's annoying but it's how they market...

Some of that stuff you brought up like progression and players draft ratings are said to have been addressed, you can go read their blogs if you want more info on that.

kcxiv
06-27-2009, 12:44 PM
fuck them blogs. They say the same shit every year. Show me with the game. you can do all the blogs and all the chatting on Operation Sports you want, but i want to see it in the game.

EA dev's always say the same shit year in and year out.

I am with KCchiefsman on why he doesnt like Madden. Whats really a shame is if this exclusive crap was never formed how good would the 2K series be? Madden isnt even at the level of 2K5. Us gamers got fucked by the NFL and EA big time.

mcan
06-27-2009, 04:47 PM
The commentary still sounds horrible, and gets old after about 5 games worth of playing. They need to scrap it entirely. Nobody cares about it at all.

Seriously, Tiger Woods is one of the best sports games out there because when you play it, you hear and see what TIGER sees. Not sh!tty announcers whispering the same 30 cliches over and over. You don't NEED to make it look like TV. Just make it look like GOLF!!!! They should do the same for every tiny little detail about the sound in the game, and scrap the tv announcers. I want to hear the stadium announcer lead the "first down" chant. I want to hear the tiny clips of songs between plays. This would make the game MUCH more enjoyable and would actually be EASIER to program! Seriously, the commentators are the biggest GLARING weakness in the franchise.

meStevo
06-27-2009, 10:27 PM
**** them blogs. They say the same shit every year. Show me with the game. you can do all the blogs and all the chatting on Operation Sports you want, but i want to see it in the game.

EA dev's always say the same shit year in and year out.

I am with KCchiefsman on why he doesnt like Madden. Whats really a shame is if this exclusive crap was never formed how good would the 2K series be? Madden isnt even at the level of 2K5. Us gamers got ****ed by the NFL and EA big time.

Except it's not the same people talking maybe? Have you read the blogs or just blanket dismissed them? They've even got video comparing to previous years, and in one instance at least comparing to the apparent holy grail that is the 2k series. Franchise mode was reworked in a lot of ways as this season it was lead by the guy who ran the head coach team last year. I am really looking forward to not being able to just sign a bunch of starters and pile them all into positions even when they aren't going to start. To be more specific, starters want starter money, and uber players even want (and it is possible to make) those ridiculous $100m deals.

I know the standard you hold Madden to, and I understand your skepticism, but the blogs have been especially informative this year. It's not the same game people dismiss it for every year, it's just usually not improved in some way that haters expect so they write it off. I have some friends that were probably going to pass this year too, as they'd just been playing a season or two and moving on instead of playing it all year like we used to. Online franchise, live drafts, the online team management stuff has us all coming back for sure now.

KCChiefsMan
06-27-2009, 10:34 PM
I'm not exactly a fan boy but I'm telling you some of this stuff you just expect to get you are never going to get.

They are not going to make a game for the hardcore sim audience they got those people already. When you are the only company putting out football games the hardcores are for the most part buy it anyway, you got them already, so they don't market to them. They market to kids and casual players who just want to have fun with the game.

When your goal is to make the most money possible why would you put a ton of stuff into a game that appeals to the people that buy it anyway? It's annoying but it's how they market...

Some of that stuff you brought up like progression and players draft ratings are said to have been addressed, you can go read their blogs if you want more info on that.

those are problems in the game that could be fixed without much effort, I would think anyways. Since they won't, that shows that they obviously don't care, they just want to make money. that's why I won't be buying anymore copies from them. I know I don't make a difference, but I love playing football games and it pisses me off that there is nothing good to buy anymore.

KCChiefsMan
06-27-2009, 10:40 PM
When the game comes out, I'll look into it and if it looks like this is a different year than the past 5, then I may buy it. But I will definately do my research. I used to play Madden constantly, I'd play all 30 years of franchise and had fun with it. The game really hasn't gotten much different since the first one on the 360.

kcxiv
06-27-2009, 10:59 PM
Except it's not the same people talking maybe? Have you read the blogs or just blanket dismissed them? They've even got video comparing to previous years, and in one instance at least comparing to the apparent holy grail that is the 2k series. Franchise mode was reworked in a lot of ways as this season it was lead by the guy who ran the head coach team last year. I am really looking forward to not being able to just sign a bunch of starters and pile them all into positions even when they aren't going to start. To be more specific, starters want starter money, and uber players even want (and it is possible to make) those ridiculous $100m deals.

I know the standard you hold Madden to, and I understand your skepticism, but the blogs have been especially informative this year. It's not the same game people dismiss it for every year, it's just usually not improved in some way that haters expect so they write it off. I have some friends that were probably going to pass this year too, as they'd just been playing a season or two and moving on instead of playing it all year like we used to. Online franchise, live drafts, the online team management stuff has us all coming back for sure now.

i linked on another a video of Ian Cummings talking about Madden 09 which many say is the worst next gen Madden talking about the same shit he did this year.

I could care less if they post blogs or talk to the community. WHat i care about is the GAME. Is the game on par with a game that was released in 2004? if its not, then i wont play it. Whats the point? Try to force myself to have a good time with it? Sorry, i cant do that. Maybe you could? I dunno. I cant. Ian Himself said he's trying to get Madden up to where NFL2K5 was. He basically admits 2K5 is the standard for NFL football games.

ooh by the way. I just play strictly online games. I dont care for franchises. This is just my personal playing style. I love playing against someone. I love out thinking them or just beating them. I may not be the best at sports games, but i can give even the best sports gamer a run for their money granted the game holds my attention after a week or 2. I'm not just some random sports gamer, when i play, i play fairly serious. Ask KCchiefsman. He knows i was living in the APF2K8 lobbies the first money. I suffer from insomnia so, i have tons of free time in the evenings and at night. I can play til 3-4 am no problem. haha

I havent been gaming lately though. Once in a while i will play some MLB2K9 or APF2K8 still, but its time for something fresh new and worth playing.

KCChiefsMan
06-27-2009, 11:03 PM
do people still play APF2K8? I'd be a bit rusty, but I wouldn't mind getting back into it if there are still people on there playing it. I think I only played you twice and you got me both times, but I think they were pretty close. For the first month or 2 I was in the top 50 and pretty good at the game. I'd probably suck now though. I wish they would make another football game man.

btw, have you looked into Backbreaker? looks really interesting. No release date yet, but they said that they aren't going to release the game until it's finished and they are satisfied with it. It has some really cool animations for tackling.

kcxiv
06-27-2009, 11:07 PM
those are problems in the game that could be fixed without much effort, I would think anyways. Since they won't, that shows that they obviously don't care, they just want to make money. that's why I won't be buying anymore copies from them. I know I don't make a difference, but I love playing football games and it pisses me off that there is nothing good to buy anymore.

When i seen that the animation guys scrapped the new animation system for gang tackling is when i knew they just were not going to be serious to actually be the new kings of gameplay (no competition so not to hard you would think, ya right). He said, that he wanted to do it this year, but they told him no. make 11 man gang tackling first. What the **** kinds of shit is that?

Still no player momentum. There is no timed route passing. You cant throw a ball before the WR breaks. You try to do that and its not going to be pretty.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h3V1Ib4j4Rs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h3V1Ib4j4Rs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Or true Oline and D line play... tell me what looks better. In terms of Oline/Dline interaction.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MiR9tmcrdL4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MiR9tmcrdL4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

meStevo
06-28-2009, 02:48 AM
Yeah, they've worked on it in 10, but we'll see how it ends up as part of the game... that 09 video you embedded makes it looks more like a game of footaball on a vibrating field with plastic players.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0f-IuwAWs1g&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0f-IuwAWs1g&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

(from - http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/2009/05/11/a-deeper-look-into-pass-blocking-in-madden-nfl-10.aspx )

Red Brooklyn
06-28-2009, 03:36 PM
The commentary still sounds horrible, and gets old after about 5 games worth of playing. They need to scrap it entirely. Nobody cares about it at all.

Seriously, Tiger Woods is one of the best sports games out there because when you play it, you hear and see what TIGER sees. Not sh!tty announcers whispering the same 30 cliches over and over. You don't NEED to make it look like TV. Just make it look like GOLF!!!! They should do the same for every tiny little detail about the sound in the game, and scrap the tv announcers. I want to hear the stadium announcer lead the "first down" chant. I want to hear the tiny clips of songs between plays. This would make the game MUCH more enjoyable and would actually be EASIER to program! Seriously, the commentators are the biggest GLARING weakness in the franchise.
The commentary in that clip doesn't sound any different that 09. If they don't care enough to upgrade/change/ improve it. I don't care enough to listen to it.

I've learned to just turn the sound off. Throw on a record and go. For some reason I play especially well while listening to Tom Petty.

Mecca
06-28-2009, 04:52 PM
If they take the commentary off people would bitch about that, having great commentary for a video game is not going to be easy if you play it very much you're going to hear everything 1000 times.

I don't really care aslong as they atleast make an effort to improve the game they can't change everything in a year and it appears they atleast did something for franchise this year which is a change over the last several years.

kcxiv
06-28-2009, 04:56 PM
I could give a shit about commentary, after the first 50 games or so, you have heard everything, doesnt matter what game it is.

IF i get engulfed into a football game, i will play it online at least 500-1000 times. Seriously though, who doesnt just listen to music when playing sports games anyways?

KCChiefsMan
06-28-2009, 11:44 PM
ya, I've always just listened to music when playing sports games. Or back when I had the 2 TV's right next to each other setup I would watch something on TV while I was playing.

MMXcalibur
06-29-2009, 10:11 AM
If they take the commentary off people would bitch about that, having great commentary for a video game is not going to be easy if you play it very much you're going to hear everything 1000 times.

I don't really care aslong as they atleast make an effort to improve the game they can't change everything in a year and it appears they atleast did something for franchise this year which is a change over the last several years.

When playing online, EA should have operators that provide live commentary. :)

mcan
06-29-2009, 12:13 PM
The fact that none of you even LISTEN to the game anymore just proves my point all the more. The game isn't immersive enough to even keep your full attention. I want the game to kick my ASS with total immersion in football! I want to feel like I'm actually a player, or at least a fan. I want to hear the crowd, the chants, the PA guy, the Pack Band, the clips of songs, the celebrations, the little Price Chopper ads and promos. A weather guy on the jumbotron between quarters, or a news guy updating you on scores from other games in your division. Make the stadium come ALIVE!!

MMXcalibur
06-29-2009, 12:35 PM
The fact that none of you even LISTEN to the game anymore just proves my point all the more. The game isn't immersive enough to even keep your full attention. I want the game to kick my ASS with total immersion in football! I want to feel like I'm actually a player, or at least a fan. I want to hear the crowd, the chants, the PA guy, the Pack Band, the clips of songs, the celebrations, the little Price Chopper ads and promos. A weather guy on the jumbotron between quarters, or a news guy updating you on scores from other games in your division. Make the stadium come ALIVE!!

That'd be nice. Don't hold your breath though. I wouldn't expect EA to go out on any limbs any time soon in terms of the graphics and "experience" as a whole. You can expect minor tweaks like "Play as a Cheerleader" Mode until the next consoles start hitting.

mcan
06-29-2009, 12:37 PM
That'd be nice. Don't hold your breath though. I wouldn't expect EA to go out on any limbs any time soon in terms of the graphics and "experience" as a whole. You can expect minor tweaks like "Play as a Cheerleader" Mode until the next consoles start hitting.

oh my jesus, please don't say that too loud, or they'll hear you and start working on it.

kcxiv
06-29-2009, 12:56 PM

Anymore you mean, since tecmo bowl came out back in the late 80's? In sports games i rarely listen to the commentary. Doesnt matter if its NBA2K for me or a football game. If playing 1000plus games on APF isnt keeping my full attention, then i dont know what is. lol Oh yeah, thats just online games. I didnt mention going into practice mode and trying new things out. lol