PDA

View Full Version : Video Games NCAA football 2010 Demo

Mr. Arrowhead
06-19-2009, 09:22 PM
now available on XBL marketplace. What do you guys think?

Bowser
06-19-2009, 09:31 PM
I saw that Ultra Peanut digs the game. I have not seen it as of yet.

meStevo
06-19-2009, 09:31 PM
Feels very different, but didnt get to play it much.

Favorite new thing at a glance is hitting the left plunger and switching the camera view to behind your defensive player, and having it locked on him for the duration of the play.

kcxiv
06-19-2009, 09:45 PM
Its better, but its still crap. Running game is an embarrassment. THe line interaction is crap. Player momentum is crap. The ball physics are still crappy, but i did have a nice over the middle catch by a WR. It actually looked fairly nice.

Its just not worth 60 bucks. ooh ya, Graphics are worse then last years. The fans in the stand look really really bad. I mean, shit on a stick bad.

KCChiefsMan
06-19-2009, 09:54 PM
I had fun last year with NCAA, but I just hated Madden. I wonder why that is, probably the online franchise was a cool feature and I'm planning on getting in on the CP one for 2010. I'm more interested in that backbreaker football game then anything though.

MoreLemonPledge
06-19-2009, 11:51 PM
Presentation wasn't bad, and the tackling animations were definitely improved. Other than that, it doesn't feel all that different. Maybe I need to play through it a couple more times.

Ultra Peanut
06-20-2009, 03:04 AM
Sam Bradford has thrown so many touchdowns, because I keep hitting Y for "catch" instead of LB for "swat." I love the feel of the receiving/defending side of things this year.

I threw a pick six once and got super-pissed because the corner extended way up and brought it down with one hand, but upon further review, I remembered that I'd actually been under extreme pressure and the corner had been locked in on me, so it really wasn't that egregious and more power to him.

Batted balls at the line: extremely nice addition. Batted balls downfield: WAY too frequent, though I've only seen one result in a pick so far.

I'm not going to buy it, but I may get the urge to re-up with Gamefly for a bit.

Mr. Arrowhead
06-20-2009, 11:28 AM
playing defense in this year version seemed a little easier, that was my only gripe from last years version

kcxiv
06-20-2009, 12:37 PM
wow. The demo is getting killed on Operation Sports. Folks are not happy at all. lol

kansas hawk
06-20-2009, 12:45 PM
NCAA 10? what i played was 9.5. and they want me to pay 60 bucks for this nonsense? not only that i looked at that teambulider stuff. the rosters are so bad they should be fired who ever did them.

kcxiv
06-20-2009, 09:05 PM
Same shit, different year. I cannot fucking believe Rocket Catching is still in this game.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QQ3Uf03zCos&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QQ3Uf03zCos&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Mecca
06-20-2009, 09:15 PM
They basically didn't fix anything, it's the same game...

okcchief
06-20-2009, 11:15 PM
It's the same game with worse graphics. I would hope the finished product looks better than this. The demo just took all of my excitement away for this game. Not that I had much with EA involved.

The contract is up this year. I hope to God 2K outbids EA for the game this year.

chiefs1111
06-20-2009, 11:34 PM
well this is sounding disappointing

KCChiefsMan
06-20-2009, 11:44 PM
wow, that demo looks terrible

J Diddy
06-21-2009, 02:54 AM
They basically didn't fix anything, it's the same game...

Then I won't buy it. Got better ways to spend my money.

J Diddy
06-21-2009, 03:08 AM
There is no f-ing way I buy this game it's basically the same as last years that got maddenized. I had fun on last years game but it took a crap on me. Perhaps a sign of things to come.

MoreLemonPledge
06-21-2009, 03:27 AM
According to pastapadre.com, this build is probably older than the one shown at E3, which was supposed to be better. Here's hoping, because it's really not much different from last year.

Mecca
06-21-2009, 04:44 AM
The worst part is rocket catching is back...

Al Bundy
06-21-2009, 07:50 AM
It looks like crap.. I can only imagine it is going to look worse on PS2.

kcxiv
06-21-2009, 12:14 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zoXczlCjiiY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zoXczlCjiiY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

lol, just wow

Lzen
06-21-2009, 02:40 PM
I don't get it. I thought rocket catching was when a player seems to get a rocket up his ass and suddenly gets a huge burst of speed to catch a ball that seemingly is out of reach. That video didn't look like that at all.

Ultra Peanut
06-21-2009, 02:45 PM
kcxiv hates EA game, alert the presses

kcxiv
06-21-2009, 03:09 PM
kcxiv hates EA game, alert the presses

I like Fifa! I really enjoy it as a matter of fact. W hen a game is done mostly right, i will give them props. I give their NHL game props as well. Football? no way in hell.

kcxiv
06-21-2009, 03:12 PM
I don't get it. I thought rocket catching was when a player seems to get a rocket up his ass and suddenly gets a huge burst of speed to catch a ball that seemingly is out of reach. That video didn't look like that at all.

Rocket catching is when the qb throws a rocket pass and the WR jumps high and the defesive guy has no chance to match him. It wouldnt be so bad, but it works about 90 percent of the time.

MoreLemonPledge
06-21-2009, 03:38 PM
Rocket catching is when the qb throws a rocket pass and the WR jumps high and the defesive guy has no chance to match him. It wouldnt be so bad, but it works about 90 percent of the time.

This. In Madden 09 you could rocket catch every time with certain players. Hence everybody online abusing the Patriots (Moss) and Cowboys (Owens).

Bearcat
06-21-2009, 05:19 PM
lol, just wow

Yeah, that could be done most years, and people will still buy it (and then bitch about it). IIRC, the difference in atmosphere between '05 and '06 was amazing, and there was a huge difference in gameplay between '06 and '07. Besides that... eh. I still play '07 every once in a while... it's the only sports game that I've played for more than a few seasons, and I think I've played around 10-15 (not much in the last year though).

Until they do something that blows away the gameplay of '07, there's really no point in upgrading.

I like Fifa! I really enjoy it as a matter of fact. W hen a game is done mostly right, i will give them props. I give their NHL game props as well. Football? no way in hell.

I haven't played any NHL in a few years... I loved EA's NHL 2001/02, because we customized everything on the PC version, down to the boards, uniforms, and stadium music. It wasn't a great game in terms of realistic gameplay, but it was fun.

For at least a few years though, the NHL2K series was unbelievably good... EA never seemed to get that in real hockey, players don't all gravitate towards the puck, and the game speed was always arcade-like, even after slowing it down. The 2K series fixed those problems, and IIRC, 2K5 and 2K6 were the best hockey games ever made for simulation.

Dayze
06-21-2009, 06:00 PM
This sucks; I switched to NCAA 2008/9 etc because I was tired of teh POS Madden (Up until about 4 weeks ago when I picked up Madden 2008 for $6 at Gamestop, I hadn't bought/played madden in 4 yrs. ).

when I switched to NCAA I really enjoyed the difference/graphics etc..

But, based on the demos of Madden 2010; I may get it this year instead.

J Diddy
06-21-2009, 07:24 PM

I wouldn't consider that rocket catching. What they had in the beginning of 09 was rocket catching until they toned it down.

RustShack
06-21-2009, 08:53 PM
How do you rocket catch?

KcFanInGA
06-21-2009, 09:39 PM
Graphics are crap. I will be picking up Madden, but they would have to pay me to buy this years NCAA game if the demo is any indication. Think I'll get Fight Night though.

Mecca
06-21-2009, 10:08 PM
How do you rocket catch?

You switch to the WR pull the button to strafe so he turns back to look and hit the button to catch the ball, the problem with this is the WR will literally go up and get the ball in double or triple coverage if the person does this.