PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Matt Cassel on Jim Rome Show

CaliforniaChief
06-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Just a heads-up that Matt Cassel is about to do an interview with JR. 610 Sports for you locals....610sports.com for those of us who live stream.

Ebolapox
06-23-2009, 11:46 AM
well? what'd he say?

Silock
06-23-2009, 11:47 AM
well? what'd he say?

He said you're a lying sonofabitch.

CaliforniaChief
06-23-2009, 11:48 AM
Brief summary:

On Haley: Very engaged day-to-day, pushes them hard (duh), but Cassel thinks a young team needs that. Enjoys the challenges that Haley brings him.

On Wide Receivers: All working hard (mentioned LJ as working hard), lots of progress since April.

Larry Johnson:Most impressed with Larry Johnson and his dedication, work ethic, showing attitude of someone who is going to have a big year. Hit it off with LJ right away, very optimistic about what he can do.

On Contract Situation: Would love a multiple year-contract. Says they're trying to get it done, would love to be in Kansas City for a long time. Doesn't know if anything's close to getting done but they are in discussions and that's all he can say.

On Mark Sanchez: Has all the physical tools, good situation. Will be interesting to see how the battle between Kellen Clemens and Sanchez goes.

That's about it.

blaise
06-23-2009, 11:49 AM
well? what'd he say?

A bunch of nothing, really. Exactly what you would expect.

Mr. Arrowhead
06-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Rome seemed pretty impressed with him

CaliforniaChief
06-23-2009, 11:51 AM
The only 2 things of interest to me were his comments on LJ and the fact that contract discussions are underway.

doomy3
06-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Rome seemed pretty impressed with him

Mostly everyone except for a few on this board seems pretty impressed with him.

CoMoChief
06-23-2009, 11:53 AM
On Mark Sanchez? I know they went to the same school but at different times I believe. WTF kind of question is that? Had to get their east coast implemented question in I guess before the interview was over?

Ebolapox
06-23-2009, 11:56 AM

:spock:

blaise
06-23-2009, 11:58 AM
On Mark Sanchez? I know they went to the same school but at different times I believe. WTF kind of question is that? Had to get their east coast implemented question in I guess before the interview was over?

No, it's USC questions. Rome's not really an East Coast guy, he's an L.A. guy. Either way, you're right, who cares.

talastan
06-23-2009, 12:00 PM
I'm just glad he is putting in the extra work that is needed to be a starter in this league. All the extra film study, and drawing up plays that we've heard about from Haley about Cassel is real encouraging. With Brady as his mentor I'm sure he has learned that this is a 24/7 job if you want to win.

Mr. Arrowhead
06-23-2009, 12:04 PM
I'm just glad he is putting in the extra work that is needed to be a starter in this league. All the extra film study, and drawing up plays that we've heard about from Haley about Cassel is real encouraging. With Brady as his mentor I'm sure he has learned that this is a 24/7 job if you want to win.

one thing i do like about Cassel is he had to work his ass off to get to where he is at. Hes not a first rounder, and didnt get spoon fed tons of money right off the bat. He got to where he is at because of dedication and hard work.

DaneMcCloud
06-23-2009, 12:07 PM
one thing i do like about Cassel is he had to work his ass off to get to where he is at. Hes not a first rounder, and didnt get spoon fed tons of money right off the bat. He got to where he is at because of dedication and hard work.

Yeah, because most first round QB's are lazy and had everything handed to them.

:rolleyes:

Kerberos
06-23-2009, 12:09 PM
well? what'd he say?

:spock:

It's the H5N1 thing.....You don't really have it do you? It's not something you can lie about being a way of life or not.

:D

Mr. Arrowhead
06-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Yeah, because most first round QB's are lazy and had everything handed to them.

:rolleyes:
no not saying that, im saying that point on they dont give it their all. That motivation isnt always there for 21 year kids when you already are a millionaire. Its not always the case but Take a look at Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell for example

jAZ
06-23-2009, 12:13 PM

Jim Rome is an LA guy. So that was surely a home-town question.

CupidStunt
06-23-2009, 12:26 PM

Funny, I was gonna post the same thing. Of course, 24/7 internet forum posters say no, so it can't be true.

KcFanInGA
06-23-2009, 12:35 PM
I'm pulling for Cassel, I think he has the tools and the work ethic.

blaise
06-23-2009, 12:37 PM
I'm pulling for Cassel, I think he has the tools and the work ethic.

I think there's some people here still pulling for Sanchez, in more ways than one.

Sure-Oz
06-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Listening to him, he sounded like a leader and very confident within himself and the interview. It was a good listen.

Consistent1
06-23-2009, 12:45 PM
URL=http://img10.imageshack.us/i/lj2009.jpg/]http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/6603/lj2009.jpg[/URL]http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/lj2009.jpg/1/w450.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img10/lj2009.jpg/1/)

Mr_Tomahawk
06-23-2009, 12:56 PM
URL=http://img10.imageshack.us/i/lj2009.jpg/]http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/6603/lj2009.jpg[/URL]http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/lj2009.jpg/1/w450.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img10/lj2009.jpg/1/)

WTF?

wild1
06-23-2009, 01:26 PM
glad to hear Larry Johnson has his head screwed on (hopefully, not just until the team starts losing again)

Consistent1
06-23-2009, 01:40 PM
I would respect Pioli that much more if he let's LJ think it's on, then cuts his ass at the last possible moment to avoid the contract payment. No way to go through some other contending teams camp as a "two-headed moster" type deal. That is ruthless, and the way it should be. What is he going to mean to a true rebuild? Jack-Shit.......

wild1
06-23-2009, 01:51 PM
I would respect Pioli that much more if he let's LJ think it's on, then cuts his ass at the last possible moment to avoid the contract payment.

i would respect him anymore if he can somehow make him a professional instead of a baby, and squeeze his last two productive years out...

Coogs
06-23-2009, 02:02 PM
i would respect him anymore if he can somehow make him a professional instead of a baby, and squeeze his last two productive years out...

Yep!

Titty Meat
06-23-2009, 02:05 PM
Cassel also said Kendrell Bell picked up and slammed Will Svitek

Molitoth
06-23-2009, 02:51 PM
WTF?

HILARIOUS!

RustShack
06-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Kendrell Bell picked up and slammed Will Svitek

Heh I remember that happening at training camp.. was that the same year Brock Lesner suplexed one of our players during the scrimmage?

T-post Tom
06-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Heh I remember that happening at training camp.. was that the same year Brock Lesner suplexed one of our players during the scrimmage?

...Carlton Gray, Bam Morris, spit hoods, Brock Middlebrook. Ah the good ole days... ;)

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-23-2009, 04:37 PM

Yeah, it amazes me to no fucking end how "impressed" everybody is with a guy who's never played a snap for this team, and who's greatest claim to fame so far is taking a 16-0 team to 11-5 and missing the playoffs.

WHOO-HOO!!!:spock:

Look, I understand that this team has had a real shit track record with QB's over the years, and that when management dangles the next juicy carrot in front of your faces that isn't named "Bono" and looks "promising" or "proven", your collective panties get all wet.

I get it, okay?

But trust me, this is another Bono vs Young, Carl-type affair. And you, my dear fellow Chiefs Fans, are on the receiving end of the "Bono".

Dude, it's God.

With a capital "G". :D

Pasta Little Brioni
06-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Yeah, it amazes me to no ****ing end how "impressed" everybody is with a guy who's never played a snap for this team, and who's greatest claim to fame so far is taking a 16-0 team to 11-5 and missing the playoffs.

Look, I understand that this team has had a real shit track record with QB's over the years, and that when management dangles the next juicy carrot in front of your faces that isn't named "Bono" and looks "promising" or "proven", your collective panties get all wet.

I get it, okay?

But trust me, this is another Bono vs Young, Carl-type affair. And you, my dear fellow Chiefs Fans, are on the receiving end of the "Bono".

Dude, it's God.

Newsflash...the Pats weren't going 16-0 again WITH Brady. OUR D-line was getting pressure and hits on him even before Pollard took him out. They had protection issues going back to losing the Super Bowl and they continued most of last season. Thier defense also wasn't as good last year as well.

Also, of course they would have been better with Brady as he is one of the all-time greats, but to act like they would have been the same juggernaut as the year before is foolish at best.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Newsflash...the Pats weren't going 16-0 again WITH Brady. OUR D-line was getting pressure and hits on him even before Pollard took him out. They had protection issues going back to losing the Super Bowl and they continued most of last season. Thier defense also wasn't as good last year as well.

Newsflash:

No one outside of the Chiefs Nation, Patriots Nation, and Josh McDaniels are gushing over this guy.

FACT.

RustShack
06-23-2009, 04:51 PM

Also, of course they would have been better with Brady as he is one of the all-time greats, but to act like they would have been the same juggernaut as the year before is foolish at best.

I'm not taking sides and in no way saying the Pats were better with Cassel, but I'm just saying they looked terrible while Brady was in there, then Cassel brought them back when he came in...

Mr. Arrowhead
06-23-2009, 04:52 PM
outside maybe the Dolphins game, Tom Brady would have most likely lost the same games as well

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-23-2009, 04:53 PM
I'm not taking sides and in no way saying the Pats were better with Cassel, but I'm just saying they looked terrible while Brady was in there, then Cassel brought them back when he came in...

I agree. The whole team was underplaying us big time, and can you really blame them? They weren't taking us seriously at all.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Newsflash:

No one outside of the Chiefs Nation, Patriots Nation, and Josh McDaniels are gushing over this guy.

FACT.

I really don't give a crap who gushes over him. I wasn't thrilled when they acquired him and thanks to some inaccuracies spewed about him my opinion was more negative then it should have been. I watched a few of his games from last year and read some things about his work ethic and am happy with him as the QB of this team.

BarrySPAMAID
06-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Newsflash:

FACT.

huh?:shake:Just read something Thiesman said this morning, Dierdorf likes him, Carl Peterson is impressed, and he still won 11 games his first full year. You know RoR, I think your wrong about Matt Cassel. I see a star in the making, and I know you see me as this Koolaid Goggle wearing Cukoo, I had Cassel on my fantasy team last year, I wished for the Chiefs to go after him after about week 4, and I never fell off that wagon. I know he hasn't proved anything to you, but the fact that a true mastermind in NFL terms in Scott Pioli had the vision, and guts to make this deal happen right out of the gate as new GM speaks volumes to me, and the confidence he has in Matt Cassel to IN FACT BE his next franchise quarterback. That is what Scott sees in Matt Cassel. He has been making a very good living for the last 9 years controlling a DYNASTY, and now he is Kansas City.

I smell Cinderella, aint nothin gonna break my stride. Now cue the fucking music!!

Mr. Arrowhead
06-23-2009, 05:02 PM
Carl Peterson is impressed, !
Im a matt cassel fan, but that cant be a good thing

BarrySPAMAID
06-23-2009, 05:13 PM
Im a matt cassel fan, but that cant be a good thing

Dude, you cant take away all of the GOOD things Carl did. And lets not forget them either. I know his last couple of years weren't his best work, but He still makes more money than probably anyone here, so I feel good about his assessment of Matt Cassel & this years squad.

LaChapelle
06-23-2009, 05:21 PM
Unless Matt bitch slapped him, I don't care.

orange
06-23-2009, 05:32 PM
huh?:shake:Just read something Thiesman said this morning, Dierdorf likes him, Carl Peterson is impressed, and he still won 11 games his first full year. You know RoR, I think your wrong about Matt Cassel. I see a star in the making, and I know you see me as this Koolaid Goggle wearing Cukoo, I had Cassel on my fantasy team last year, I wished for the Chiefs to go after him after about week 4, and I never fell off that wagon. I know he hasn't proved anything to you, but the fact that a true mastermind in NFL terms in Scott Pioli had the vision, and guts to make this deal happen right out of the gate as new GM speaks volumes to me, and the confidence he has in Matt Cassel to IN FACT BE his next franchise quarterback. That is what Scott sees in Matt Cassel. He has been making a very good living for the last 9 years controlling a DYNASTY, and now he is Kansas City.

So why doesn't the true mastermind sign Cassel to a long-term contract?

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-23-2009, 06:25 PM
I really don't give a crap who gushes over him. I wasn't thrilled when they acquired him and thanks to some inaccuracies spewed about him my opinion was more negative then it should have been. I watched a few of his games from last year and read some things about his work ethic and am happy with him as the QB of this team.

I'm sure he has a great work ethic, and he might even be The Nicest Guy On The Face Of The Earth, but I'm not going to be sold on this guy until he PROVES that last year wasn't a one-time gig.

Your response was a reasonable one though, and I respect that.( Damn, this add-on rules! :D )

RustShack
06-23-2009, 06:31 PM
Cassel has the size. Hes pretty accurate and his arm a little upgrade over what we've been used to. Hes not an elite talent, but hes pretty talented. He has the work ethic it takes to get good, but time will tell.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-23-2009, 06:31 PM
Carl Peterson is impressed, now cue the fucking music!!

Your Wish Is My Command:

:fire:

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RPT88R0mjwU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

doomy3
06-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Yeah, it amazes me to no ****ing end how "impressed" everybody is with a guy who's never played a snap for this team, and who's greatest claim to fame so far is taking a 16-0 team to 11-5 and missing the playoffs.

I get it, okay?

Dude, it's God.

So, I see you lied about having me on ignore, of course. Shocking.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-23-2009, 08:53 PM
I made an exception for this, but you're back on now. I still get your douchey little responses in my email until I can figure out how to rectify that particular situation.

doomy3
06-23-2009, 08:57 PM
I made an exception for this, but you're back on now. I still get your douchey little responses in my email until I can figure out how to rectify that particular situation.

right. :rolleyes:

Run along now, douchebag.

Reerun_KC
06-23-2009, 09:04 PM

I get it, okay?

Dude, it's God.

Damn What an awesome post! :clap: ROR is rolling..

Titty Meat
06-23-2009, 09:09 PM
Raised On Riots did you watch any of the Pats games? Cassel isn't the reason for most of those 5 losses.

Reerun_KC
06-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Raised On Riots did you watch any of the Pats games? Cassel isn't the reason for most of those 5 losses.

So with Cassel, the Chiefs will only lose 5 games next year?

Mr. Arrowhead
yea like i said, i give him the dolphins game, which was at the beginning of the year and maybe the steelers game. Every other one Brady would have lost

Mr. Arrowhead

IDK, would Brady go undefeated with the chiefs

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-23-2009, 09:16 PM
[b]

Damn What an awesome post! :clap: ROR is rolling..

We'll see what happens in camp, but unless Cassel and Bowe BOTH walk away from the proceedings with stellar reviews, get ready for more of the same old shit from One Arrowhead Drive.

"Why did you turn on Cassel, ROR"???

Well, because unlike some of you Herd-Homers, I happened to notice that not ONE FUCKING MEDIA FATTY walked out of OTA's proclaiming the equivalent of:

"HOLY FUCK; I'VE SEEN LIGHT, THE TRUTH, AND THE WAY! AND HIS NAME IS MATT MOTHERFUCKING CASSEL"!!!!

And thenROFL, if THAT weren't enough; I then read that THIGPEN is matching him pass for pass!

Well GAAAAWWWWLEEE, Seargent! ROFL

Titty Meat
06-23-2009, 09:19 PM

They will win more games next year with Cassel then they would with Sanchez but whats your point? It's not about this year anyway it's just a building season and while everyone wants to say the team OTA's didn't mean anything it does mean the team is willing to work. They just need some more talent.

Reerun_KC
06-23-2009, 09:21 PM
We'll see what happens in camp, but unless Cassel and Bowe BOTH walk away from the proceedings with stellar reviews, get ready for more of the same old shit from One Arrowhead Drive.

Well, because unlike some of you Herd-Homers, I happened to notice that not ONE ****ING MEDIA FATTY walked out of OTA's proclaiming the equivalent of:

"HOLY ****; I'VE SEEN LIGHT, THE TRUTH, AND THE WAY! AND HIS NAME IS MATT MOTHER****ING CASSEL"!!!!

And thenROFL, if THAT weren't enough; I then read that THIGPEN is matching him pass for pass!

That is depressing...

Titty Meat
06-23-2009, 09:23 PM
You mean the QB who played with those WR's matched a guy whos new? Imagine that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-23-2009, 09:25 PM
That is depressing...

FUCK YES IT'S DEPRESSING!

And if he REALLY screws the pooch and we have to go back to the draft board in 2010?!?!?!?!?

( no smiley available for blowing one's own head off )

Mr. Arrowhead
06-23-2009, 09:26 PM
**** YES IT'S DEPRESSING!

And if he REALLY screws the pooch and we have to go back to the draft board in 2010?!?!?!?!?

( no smiley available for blowing one's own head off )
and what are you going to bitch about if he has a great year

Just Passin' By
06-23-2009, 09:28 PM

It won't matter because he'll be bitching about it on some other board.

Reerun_KC
06-23-2009, 09:29 PM

If its and buts were candy and nuts, we would all have a merry xmas...

Mr. Arrowhead
06-23-2009, 09:31 PM
If its and buts were candy and nuts, we would all have a merry xmas...

you guys basically doing the same things, saying he gonna suck, well how the **** do you know. His track record so far is pretty good so far

doomy3
06-23-2009, 09:32 PM

Well, because unlike some of you Herd-Homers, I happened to notice that not ONE ****ING MEDIA FATTY walked out of OTA's proclaiming the equivalent of:

"HOLY ****; I'VE SEEN LIGHT, THE TRUTH, AND THE WAY! AND HIS NAME IS MATT MOTHER****ING CASSEL"!!!!

You're not really this dumb, are you? IT IS FUCKING OTAs!!

doomy3
06-23-2009, 09:33 PM

He won't be bitching here, that's for sure.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-23-2009, 09:38 PM
It won't matter because he'll be bitching about it on some other board.

This is true.

Though I'm not sure attaining more overall yardage than Sanchez, depending on both guys numbers, necessarily equates with a "great" year on Cassel's part.

I mean 2100 vs 2114 isn't exactly "setting the world on fire" for either guy.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Yeah, well fuck you too, Douchey3.

Got Suitcase?

Reerun_KC
06-23-2009, 09:42 PM
you guys basically doing the same things, saying he gonna suck, well how the **** do you know. His track record so far is pretty good so far

Lets see how he does in a chiefs uniform before we start casting his bust for Canton...

doomy3
06-23-2009, 09:43 PM

Yeah, well **** you too, Douchey3.

Got Suitcase?

You just can't quit me, can you. Fucking clown.

doomy3
06-23-2009, 09:44 PM
Lets see how he does in a chiefs uniform before we start casting his bust for Canton...

But, by all means, let's go ahead and call him Scott Mitchell v2 and label him a bust.

Clearly, that is much more logical.

Reerun_KC
06-23-2009, 09:46 PM
But, by all means, let's go ahead and call him Scott Mitchell v2 and label him a bust.

Clearly, that is much more logical.Yawn...

No way I am going to spend energy dicking with you... good day sir...

DeezNutz
06-23-2009, 09:48 PM

Why would this matter?

Croyle drew praise for his performances in camp and in practice. GoChiefs is still wiping his mouth from the sunset article he penned last year.

We won't know shit until he sees live action.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-23-2009, 10:04 PM
Yawn...

ROFL

Why would this matter?

Croyle drew praise for his performances in camp and in practice. GoChiefs is still wiping his mouth from the sunset article he penned last year.

We won't know shit until he sees live action.

I'll meet you halfway on that take; truce?

Messier
06-23-2009, 10:07 PM
Yawn...

In other words: Good point. I've got nothing.

DeezNutz
06-23-2009, 10:09 PM
I'll meet you halfway on that take; truce?

Sure.

Reerun_KC
06-23-2009, 10:10 PM
In other words: Good point. I've got nothing.

I guess if you have a valid point, then you might have something... Until then, its just basic homerism at its finest...

Which all is fine, some have a GoChiefs Huard hardon for Cassel, others are waiting (like myself) for the season to see if we have SM V2.O or not...

I am not buying into the media hype.... I want to see production with Chiefs talent, not Pats Talent.. That is the difference between a nice sweet piece of fruit vs a bland old cashew...

Psyko Tek
06-23-2009, 10:17 PM
glad to hear Larry Johnson has his head screwed on (hopefully, not just until the team starts losing again)

I believe LJ will be the most dedicated guy ion the team
until his guarnteed money kicks
first game I think

then he's off to the trade me excpress

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-23-2009, 10:27 PM
I guess if you have a valid point, then you might have something... Until then, its just basic homerism at its finest...

Which all is fine, some have a GoChiefs Huard hardon for Cassel, others are waiting (like myself) for the season to see if we have SM V2.O or not...

I am not buying into the media hype.... I want to see production with Chiefs talent, not Pats Talent.. That is the difference between a nice sweet piece of fruit vs a bland old cashew...

ROFL Originality Rep!

BarrySPAMAID
06-23-2009, 10:47 PM
So why doesn't the true mastermind sign Cassel to a long-term contract?
I trust they will have it done soon enough. If he has the season I think he is going to have, he better get it done quick. His price will go up. and right now its @15-16 million last I checked.

Your Wish Is My Command:

:fire:

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RPT88R0mjwU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

My friend, you know I love you. Really, your the SHIT. But your DEAD wrong about Cassel, and regardless, IT was OTA's, and this team was just getting to know each other working out. How many times do I have to say it. Cassel has to have a good camp, and he will. His work ethic reflects it. I've seen enough tape, and I trust our new GM. Let's take it easy on a kid who is DOING EVERYTHING RIGHT. Because that is exactly what Matt Cassel is doing. Not bad for a guy without a contract.

Messier
06-23-2009, 11:47 PM

So it's homerism to hope for Cassel work out and indeed think he will? You seem to be saying this is some argument between blind homers, and rational, wait and see realists. No it's two sides of the same coin. I think we all hope Cassel works out, no one knows, but my guess is he will, and it seems your guess is he won't. So, the people who guess he will work out are homers? While the people that don't think he'll be all he's cracked up to be are telling it like it is? No, I don't think so.

By the way, there's nothing bland about the subtle rich flavor of a cashew.

doomy3
06-23-2009, 11:54 PM
My friend, you know I love you. Really, your the SHIT.

I quit reading there. Anyone who honestly means these things when said to RoR has bigger issues than this conversation.

RustShack
06-24-2009, 12:22 AM
I trust they will have it done soon enough. If he has the season I think he is going to have, he better get it done quick. His price will go up. and right now its @15-16 million last I checked.

I actually think the opposite, I think they are waiting because they know his price will go down dramatically. Not saying he isn't the future, but I don't think hes going to be good for us right out of the gates. It usually takes a few years for QB's to adjust, look at Trent Green who even came to an offense he already knew.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-24-2009, 12:36 AM
Yeah, hard to believe not everyone is a fucking Cassel douchebag like you, right Douchey?

And fuck you; I see your little blips of douchedom when the page loads, and before the filter kicks in.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-24-2009, 12:38 AM
So it's homerism to hope for Cassel work out and indeed think he will? You seem to be saying this is some argument between blind homers, and rational, wait and see realists. No it's two sides of the same coin. I think we all hope Cassel works out, no one knows, but my guess is he will, and it seems your guess is he won't. So, the people who guess he will work out are homers? While the people that don't think he'll be all he's cracked up to be are telling it like it is? No, I don't think so.

By the way, there's nothing bland about the subtle rich flavor of a cashew.

Yes, I do think so! And cashews fucking suck.

Messier
06-24-2009, 01:03 AM
Yes, I do think so! And cashews ****ing suck.

You have no ****ing clue what you're talking about with cashews man!

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-24-2009, 01:11 AM
You have no ****ing clue what you're talking about with cashews man!

You're nuts. :D

BossChief
06-24-2009, 03:39 AM
Ok let me throw in my two cents

1) Cassel has no LONG TERM contract because he has yet to prove he is a LONG TERM answer. He is getting paid handsomely for one year, because he has shown a level of talent and leadership that is a rarity at the position, but its not like he has displayed this for a period of years or anything.
2) Cashews rule
3) If Cassel and Sanchez have both only started for 15 games, Cassel did it in the NFL and Sanchez did it in college, how can Cassel be supposedly behind (if that is what is being implied) Last I checked, Sanchez got beat out by Leinart AND John David Booty at USC
4) Cassels contract is almost assuredly not being held up because of his value going up or down, but because he needs to prove he can replicate what he did in NE and be the same productive player in KC, with their supporting cast, my jaw certainly wouldnt drop to the ground if Thigpen replaced him by week 9 if all isnt well, and we will all praise Pioli for not signng Cassel prematurely (and Thum will get no credit even though he deals with all the actual contracts).
5) the news on LJ throughout the offseason is very promising, it seems we might have that coaches son back that used to talk about Marion Montley, Jim Brown and other greats, instead of the wannabe thug that spits drinks at girls and acts like he wasnt born middle class.
6) A LOT of people underestimate Tyler Thigpen and his ability to improve his game. People have forgotten how bad he was in Atlanta and how much he improved by the Jets game...not saying hes gonna come out, guns blazing, and beat out Cassel in camp after such an investment was placed to aquire him to PLAY, just that he might emerge as the long term solution in two years if Cassel doesnt pan out, or gets hurt.
7) Has Cassel came out and praised Bowe, Bradly or Engram at any point for their play in practice with him? This is a somewhat scary sign, isnt it? Maybe I missed it, but I would have hoped, by now, there would be an article or two on how our new quarterback is doing many things to help build comradere with the group he will be throwing to this year. Not sure Ive read a single quote in this reguard.

J Diddy
06-24-2009, 04:01 AM

1) Cassel has no LONG TERM contract because he has yet to prove he is a LONG TERM answer. He is getting paid handsomely for one year, because he has shown a level of talent and leadership that is a rarity at the position, but its not like he has displayed this for a period of years or anything.
2) Cashews rule
3) If Cassel and Sanchez have both only started for 15 games, Cassel did it in the NFL and Sanchez did it in college, how can Cassel be supposedly behind (if that is what is being implied) Last I checked, Sanchez got beat out by Leinart AND John David Booty at USC
4) Cassels contract is almost assuredly not being held up because of his value going up or down, but because he needs to prove he can replicate what he did in NE and be the same productive player in KC, with their supporting cast, my jaw certainly wouldnt drop to the ground if Thigpen replaced him by week 9 if all isnt well, and we will all praise Pioli for not signng Cassel prematurely (and Thum will get no credit even though he deals with all the actual contracts).
5) the news on LJ throughout the offseason is very promising, it seems we might have that coaches son back that used to talk about Marion Montley, Jim Brown and other greats, instead of the wannabe thug that spits drinks at girls and acts like he wasnt born middle class.
6) A LOT of people underestimate Tyler Thigpen and his ability to improve his game. People have forgotten how bad he was in Atlanta and how much he improved by the Jets game...not saying hes gonna come out, guns blazing, and beat out Cassel in camp after such an investment was placed to aquire him to PLAY, just that he might emerge as the long term solution in two years if Cassel doesnt pan out, or gets hurt.
7) Has Cassel came out and praised Bowe, Bradly or Engram at any point for their play in practice with him? This is a somewhat scary sign, isnt it? Maybe I missed it, but I would have hoped, by now, there would be an article or two on how our new quarterback is doing many things to help build comradere with the group he will be throwing to this year. Not sure Ive read a single quote in this reguard.

Dude pecans own cashews. It's like matching up tony gonzalez against boomer. Not even faiir.

orange
06-24-2009, 04:05 AM
Give me peanuts anyday, the nut of swells!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5yVeDebCg2U/Ryggh1-6T7I/AAAAAAAAAMM/LilrlvH1nvU/s400/MrPeanutLogos.jpg

SAUTO
06-24-2009, 05:55 AM
Yeah, it amazes me to no fucking end how "impressed" everybody is with a guy who's never played a snap for this team, and who's greatest claim to fame so far is taking a 16-0 team to 11-5 and missing the playoffs.

I get it, okay?

Dude, it's God.

DUDE, once again it's "just shut the fuck up already" fucking flip flopper. who gives a fuck what happened in OTA's? again shut the fuck up

milkman
06-24-2009, 06:55 AM

Leadership is inherent. If Cassel has displayed that quality, then it is something that he will always bring to the field.
I'm not sure, though, that he has displayed it.

He was speaking pretty highly of Bowe and the receivers overall in this interview yesterday.

BarrySPAMAID
06-24-2009, 07:44 AM
I actually think the opposite, I think they are waiting because they know his price will go down dramatically. Not saying he isn't the future, but I don't think hes going to be good for us right out of the gates. It usually takes a few years for QB's to adjust, look at Trent Green who even came to an offense he already knew.

So you think Scott Pioli is going to have him play for a while before his contract gets signed? I doubt his agent will be to thrilled with that, but ok.

I think Cassel IS going to be great right out of the gate. Come week one in Baltimore would be a nice coming out party as I see it. The kid is doing everything right. His contract is not my concern at this point, it's only the media in KC. Material, is in hot demand.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-24-2009, 08:45 AM
DUDE, once again it's "just shut the fuck up already" fucking flip flopper. who gives a fuck what happened in OTA's? again shut the fuck up

When I want your useless drivel, I'll ask for it between drinks, Sauto.

Now; eeeuuyou fetch-a Sake!

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/s10.jpg

Mr. Arrowhead
06-24-2009, 08:55 AM
for the people that missed the interview

http://entercomkc.net/610audio/casselonrome.mp3

DaWolf
06-24-2009, 09:51 AM

Yeah, because if the NFL has taught us anything, it is that the QB is the only one on the team who determines the W/L record. And that an NFL team, especially one that loses the Super Bowl the year before, can come back just as strong year after year with no dropoff.

If Tom Brady doesn't go 19-0 this year, I guess he's washed up...

BucEyedPea
06-24-2009, 09:52 AM
I miss Cassel as a Patriot.

SAUTO
06-24-2009, 11:38 AM

yeah again: shut the fuck up al ready dumbass.

oh yeah and about that "useless drivel" that about sums up your contribution to this board.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-24-2009, 02:23 PM
I miss Cassel as a Patriot.

Me too.

yeah aga-ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

1) Eat ballz

2) Ahhh, sweet, delicious Add-On!

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/Screenshot_1-3.jpg
Does bear poop in woods?

Is Sauto silly little man who fetch-a Sake?

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/Screenshot_2.jpg

Gonzo
06-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Me too.

1) Eat ballz

2) Ahhh, sweet, delicious Add-On!

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/Screenshot_1-3.jpg
Does bear poop in woods?

Is Sauto silly little man who fetch-a Sake?

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/Screenshot_2.jpg

That's actually kinda funny.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-24-2009, 02:30 PM

:D

Gonzo
06-24-2009, 02:31 PM
There may be hope for you yet.

Mr. Arrowhead
06-24-2009, 02:33 PM
please dont encourage him

Gonzo
06-24-2009, 02:34 PM

Sorry...

Gotta give credit where it's due.

Titty Meat
06-24-2009, 02:35 PM
Raised On Riots is wrong about Cassel but I like him the guy is hilarious

Gonzo
06-24-2009, 02:39 PM
Raised On Riots is wrong about Cassel but I like him the guy is hilarious

He has his moments but I think the hole he's dug himself into such a hole that he may never recover...

(Not like he really cares I'm sure)

CoMoChief
06-24-2009, 02:49 PM
So you think Scott Pioli is going to have him play for a while before his contract gets signed? I doubt his agent will be to thrilled with that, but ok.

I think Cassel IS going to be great right out of the gate. Come week one in Baltimore would be a nice coming out party as I see it. The kid is doing everything right. His contract is not my concern at this point, it's only the media in KC. Material, is in hot demand.

LOL Baltimore is going to destroy us. We may not get a first down.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-24-2009, 02:53 PM
He has his moments but I think the hole he's dug himself into such a hole that he may never recover...

(Not like he really cares I'm sure)

SOLD! To the man in the funny hat!:D:D

RustShack
06-24-2009, 02:55 PM

You let yourself down a lot with your horrible expectations don't you?

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-24-2009, 02:56 PM

Ohhhhhhhh.....You want-a add-on toooooo?! :D I gott-a add-on from here to Japaaaaaaaaaan!

*Where Sauto fetch-a Sake! :D

RustShack
06-24-2009, 02:58 PM
A LOT of people underestimate Tyler Thigpen and his ability to improve his game. People have forgotten how bad he was in Atlanta and how much he improved by the Jets game

Switching to the spread offense made him look better just like it does to every QB. While it makes one position look better it kills the running game, red zone offense, and defense.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-24-2009, 03:00 PM
God damned Spread Monkeys!

Where's my monkey-swatting stick?!

Consistent1
06-24-2009, 03:15 PM

Yeah, yeah. If you don't drink and get on this site, you end up hearing crap from homos like Brock that must have mastered the biggest buttplug to be so uptight. You HAVE to be drunk to understand some of these idiots, the repressed homos like Brock get on sites like this, despite knowing SHIT about football. They want to be around men. I bet his undies get crusty after a good CP session. "Ohhh...he knows so much about such a sexy violent game, wish I could let my true feelings out". He always is the one who gets held down by his boyfriends, so a little passive aggressive action on the net brings his self esteem back up until the next facial he must take.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Yeah, yeah. If you don't drink and get on this site, you end up hearing crap from homos like Brock that must have mastered the biggest buttplug to be so uptight. You HAVE to be drunk to understand some of these idiots, the repressed homos like Brock get on sites like this, despite knowing SHIT about football. They want to be around men. I bet his undies get crusty after a good CP session. "Ohhh...he knows so much about such a sexy violent game, wish I could let my true feelings out". He always is the one who gets held down by his boyfriends, so a little passive aggressive action on the net brings his self esteem back up until the next facial he must take.

If you're pissed at Brock, tell Brock. I could give two fucks.