PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Do yourself a favor and watch Virtuality tonight

keg in kc
06-26-2009, 12:54 PM
7 pm on FOX. It's a 2-hour movie from Ronald D. Moore that was supposed to be a pilot for a fall series, and still could be if the critics like it (they do) and if there're enough viewers (FOX is airing it at 8 eastern on a friday in late June, so good luck with that).

Haven't seen it, but supposedly it's really good.

The premise is that 12 astronauts are on a journey across the galaxy to find a new home for the human race as the Earth falls apart. And then the ship's virtual reality system starts to go haywire...

Oceanic815Survivor
06-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Yeah, Im really looking forward to this. Not only is it my RDM, but it also stars Clea Duvall who I'm a huge fan of.

Only problem is that Fox put it on their Friday Night Death Slot, which has killed a lot of really good shows, namely Firefly

Frazod
06-26-2009, 01:46 PM
Yeah, Im really looking forward to this. Not only is it my RDM, but it also stars Clea Duvall who I'm a huge fan of.

Only problem is that Fox put it on their Friday Night Death Slot, which has killed a lot of really good shows, namely Firefly

Friday nights have been killing Sci-fi shows much longer than that - the original Star Trek died after NBC moved it to Friday nights. No teenagers/young adults at home watching meant shitty ratings. Good plan, schedule a show on the night your core audience is out on the town. :shake:

I will definitely give this show a look, though.

06-26-2009, 01:48 PM
I have never understood why networks place shows on Friday night at all. Only thing I figure is that they never intended to the the show a real chance anyway.

Buck
06-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Dont you remember the popularity of TGIF?

Family Matters, Step by Step, Full House, Sabrina the Teenage Witch???

Oceanic815Survivor
06-26-2009, 01:55 PM
Dont you remember the popularity of TGIF?

Family Matters, Step by Step, Full House, Sabrina the Teenage Witch???

Im trying to think of an arguement against that, but im coming up blank. Except that television has obviously evolved since the classic days of TGIF

Buck
06-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Ok, Sabrina the Teenage Witch is not on par w/ the rest, I should have put Boy Meets World.

Frazod
06-26-2009, 08:29 PM
Shit - I forgot to watch/record this. :cuss:

How was it?

Tribal Warfare
06-27-2009, 06:50 AM

How was it?

The show was interesting but their was a big WTF moment at the end though.

it will be on Hulu in a day or two

Baby Lee
06-27-2009, 07:06 AM

How was it?

Might I suggest Ritalin?