PDA

View Full Version : Life Heading to Chicago

osumatt
06-26-2009, 07:39 PM
I need the help of you Planeteers, please. I'm taking my 12 year old daughter to Chicago July 14, 15, and 16 (Tues-Thurs). We're staying on Michigan Ave. I've been there a couple times and I know we'll do the architect boat tour (cool!), I'd like to take her to the Field Museum for an afternoon, and possibly the Navy pier.

Do any of you folks have any suggestions? Also, thinking about taking her to the restaurant at the top of the John Hancock building for dessert or something.

Appreciate your input all.

Matt

Red Beans
06-26-2009, 09:23 PM
Go see my buddy Dog at lincoln station...tell em AD sent ya!

sedated
06-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Do you see the sign, "Rib Tips"? Well, fuk that, you don't want to go that way.

You go half a block down the street...and you'll see a Torino with no wheels on it. Inside that Torino is my cousin, Jackie.

Tell him that you're my boy, and that you're lost. He'll make sure you get where you're going.

You don't want to know from me. I'm not from this neighborhood. I'm from the west side of Chicago, here on vacation.

Frazod
06-26-2009, 10:37 PM
The Field Museum might bore her - beyond the dinosaur fossils, it didn't do much for me. I love the Shedd Aquarium, though, which is right next to it.

The best museum in the City is the Museum of Science and Industry. It is down Lake Shore Drive a few miles south of downtown, but worth the taxi ride.

Sears Tower is putting in a feature in the observation deck that will allow you to step out onto a clear bottom and look straight down. That sounds cool enough that I might actually go back up there, and I've lived here over 20 years.

Go to Gino's East for pizza.

If you search for "Chicago" in thread titles, you should find a thread a few years old that contains lots of tourist advice.

mikeyis4dcats.
06-27-2009, 09:19 AM
MSI is the place to go. I'm even a bit of a science geek, and the Field Museum was dry even for me.