PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Any serious roller bladers out there?

chris
06-28-2009, 08:00 AM
Need to replace the 76MM wheels in my blades.

Mostly used for street training with an occasional game of street hockey.

If I increase to 82MM, what are the pros and cons?

What is your favorite place to purchase parts?

Thanks!

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-28-2009, 08:26 AM
Yes, you defenitely need to go to the 82mm wheels. The pro's are that when going down hill you will go faster and if you happen to be jerking off while blading you will have more stability.

The con's are that chicks really dig guys on bikes and look at roller blading as a sissy sport. How in the hell can you give a chick a ride on a roller blade and theres no vibration to get them turned on.

And these 82's can be purchased at any store that sells them.

I hope this helps.

Jethopper
06-28-2009, 08:38 AM
Q: you know what the worst thing about roller blading is....
A: Telling your parents you are gay.

chris
06-28-2009, 08:49 AM
Yes, you defenitely need to go to the 82mm wheels. The pro's are that when going down hill you will go faster and if you happen to be jerking off while blading you will have more stability.

The con's are that chicks really dig guys on bikes and look at roller blading as a sissy sport. How in the hell can you give a chick a ride on a roller blade and theres no vibration to get them turned on.

And these 82's can be purchased at any store that sells them.

I hope this helps.

ROFL

I should have realized that my "friends" at CP would beat me up on this topic. :)

My running and mini tri days are over due to too many knee surgeries. So roller blading is the closest I get to the thrill of distance running.

Speed is good!

Deberg_1990
06-28-2009, 08:54 AM
Roller Blades? 1995 called, they want you back....

JimNasium
06-28-2009, 09:51 AM
You know how I know you're gay?http://fredbrenton.com/Roller_blades-1.jpg

Demonpenz
06-28-2009, 01:15 PM
i hate using the larger wheels for hockey Don't know why you would be rollerblading if anything but you don't have ice where you are

petegz28
06-28-2009, 01:26 PM
Roller Blades are great exercise....just make sure you have a manly pair and not the spaceboot looking kind.........

Miles
06-28-2009, 01:36 PM
NSFW

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zOmwZUsgBBE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zOmwZUsgBBE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Kyle DeLexus
06-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Of course if you don't know who Louis C.K. is you should get a fucking life and watch/listen to some comedy, but that video is NSFW

pr_capone
06-29-2009, 09:59 AM
You have to get ready for a change of balance when you go to the bigger wheels. Also, don't cheap out on the walmart brands or such. Labeda, Hyper, & Mission always made good wheels

I always had 59mm wheels but then again I was always in goal so I can't really help you much.

chris
06-29-2009, 11:29 AM
You have to get ready for a change of balance when you go to the bigger wheels. Also, don't cheap out on the walmart brands or such. Labeda, Hyper, & Mission always made good wheels

I always had 59mm wheels but then again I was always in goal so I can't really help you much.

So you think 76mm are best size for mix use? Thank s for the info on brand.

Not good enough on wheels, start and stop, to even think about playing goalie.

Thanks again.

kepp
06-29-2009, 11:31 AM
All I know is, put big wheels in the back and small ones in the front...and maybe some traction bars.

Phobia
06-29-2009, 11:31 AM
I haven't seriously bladed in years (mostly 'cuz roads in MO suck) but I got into pretty good shape blading in Texas before moving here. It wasn't unusual to do 8-10 miles a night.

pr_capone
06-29-2009, 11:34 AM
So you think 76mm are best size for mix use? Thank s for the info on brand.

Not good enough on wheels, start and stop, to even think about playing goalie.

Thanks again.

I started out playing as a Defenseman for 3 years before getting moved into goal. I started with 72mm wheels, stock Bauer, and thought they were ok. I got a set of 76mm wheels for free, made the switch, and never looked back.

Once I got my balance back I found myself having to put less effort in getting form point A to point B.

To be perfectly honest though, the wheels would be my second investment after new bearings. Abec 7 or 9 bearings would be my first unless your wheels are worn down to nubs.

CoMoChief
06-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Q: you know what the worst thing about roller blading is....
A: Telling your parents you are gay.

ROFL