PDA

View Full Version : Music Music Acquisitions...

unlurking
06-28-2009, 06:30 PM
OK, where else can I buy music (yes, pay for)? I usually shop Amazon since they're cheaper than iTunes, have more of what I like, and were DRM free first. Obviously there are still a lot of titles that they don't carry, and there is no way in hell I'm paying $40 for an import with 8 songs on it.

I was checking out the NP thread and noticed KCUnited was listening to Lividity, and thought I'd check 'em out. Go to Amazon, no samples or digital copies, but the CD for $48. No thanks.

So where else to go for the less mainstream stuff?

KCUnited
06-28-2009, 06:37 PM
Severed Records (be prepared to send cash, old school style), willowtip.com, razorback.com, uniqueleader.com, opengraverecords.com. Welcome to the underground.

unlurking
06-28-2009, 07:10 PM
Thanks!
razorback.com appears to be a domain squatter BTW

Wow, OGR has got a ton of albums on sale for 4 bucks. Unfortunately none have samples. Any recommendations?

KCUnited
06-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Thanks!
razorback.com appears to be a domain squatter BTW

Wow, OGR has got a ton of albums on sale for 4 bucks. Unfortunately none have samples. Any recommendations?
Honestly, I'm going to direct everyone I know to Razorback cuz I know Jill and Billy and you can't find anyone thats more into metal and honest than them, home grown, honest metal label. Open Grave has the deal and they're good people too, but don't take for granted Razorback's $10 a cd and free shipping, thats a deal.

I won't recommend anything, cuz what I'm into only appeals to 1% of the people that claim to be into metal. I'd suggest looking at the bands you see on the sites and googling their myspaces to listen. Find what you like and build on it. Once you find it, its you obligation to pass it along.

FWIW, Razorback always packages some pins and stickers with their orders. Something I appreciate.

unlurking
06-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Totally cheesy video, but added to my cart! Free shipping on orders of $25 or more and a ton of $4 CDs. Will get a ton of new shit to check out!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xcSWYcDq_eM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xcSWYcDq_eM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

unlurking
06-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Dude, wanna post a link to razorback? I keep getting a cyber squatter search engine site.

KCUnited
06-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Dude, wanna post a link to razorback? I keep getting a cyber squatter search engine site.

The keys my friend.

http://razorbackrecords.com/

unlurking
06-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Thanks!

Just finished a purchase at OGR.

Crimson Falls - The True Face Of Human Nature
Atomic Odyssey - Behold
Bronx Casket Co.,The - The Bronx Casket Co.
Callenish Circle - Forbidden Empathy (2CD Reissue)
Centinex - Diabolical Desolation
Amoral - Decrowning
Anam Cara - Ready to Live

Not bad for $28 shipped! I'll start looking at the D's next payday. I'll check out the razorback site next.