PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV I'm standing-in on "Fringe" right now...

CanadaKC
06-29-2009, 05:31 PM
...and what a show. I can't reveal what happens in the season 2 opener...but holy sh!t...is it good!!!

Adept Havelock
06-29-2009, 05:34 PM
Sounds like fun. Don't forget to thank Walter for the lovely hallucinations.

Buck
06-29-2009, 05:36 PM
Thats sick.

I need 2 catch up on Season 1 before Comic-Con.

I want to attend the panel.

CanadaKC
06-29-2009, 05:42 PM
The show was moved to vancouver from New York for season 2..and has signed on for 5 more....Anna Torv...the lead...is married to Mark Valley...who I stood-in for on the pilot of "Human Target" this spring (also a Fox show)...

kcxiv
06-29-2009, 05:45 PM
Hehe, its a good show, but i stopped after like episode 5. I need to download and watch the rest. i did enjoy what i saw.

Buck
06-29-2009, 05:46 PM
Damn it got 5 seasons just after the first season?

Sweet.

I really need 2 catch up. I think I only saw the first 6 episodes. Do you know how many are in the first season?

CanadaKC
06-29-2009, 05:50 PM
there were 20 episodes season 1...there'll be 22 this season.

kcxiv
06-29-2009, 05:56 PM
Hehe, If the ratings keep. They may have planned out 5 seasons worth of story though. Signing for something like that is pretty rare i think. Awesome if it is.

DaneMcCloud
06-29-2009, 06:01 PM
Hehe, If the ratings keep. They may have planned out 5 seasons worth of story though. Signing for something like that is pretty rare i think. Awesome if it is.

It's J.J. Abrams. He can do pretty much whatever he wants now.

FWIW, the series really begins to improve after episode 12. The writing, storylines and acting all begins to gel.

Buck
06-29-2009, 06:18 PM
It's J.J. Abrams. He can do pretty much whatever he wants now.

FWIW, the series really begins to improve after episode 12. The writing, storylines and acting all begins to gel.

Nice.

I hope its on Fox.com

That way I wont have to pirate it.

Im buying the DVD for sure in September, but I have to watch it before July 25.

I'm actually not sure if its illegal to D/L broadcasts of a TV Show?

irishjayhawk
06-29-2009, 06:39 PM
So, it's worth checking out. I fell out of it after like 5 episodes.

Silock
06-29-2009, 06:48 PM
Nice, dude!

Yes, Fringe is fucking AWESOME. It started slow, but the last 5 episodes of the season were mind-blowingly awesome.

irishjayhawk
06-29-2009, 07:06 PM
Nice, dude!

Yes, Fringe is ****ing AWESOME. It started slow, but the last 5 episodes of the season were mind-blowingly awesome.

Did the overarching storylines begin to move? That was my main complaint. It had a great formula but none of the storylines outside the formula were going anywhere. So it was very repetitive.

06-29-2009, 07:46 PM
...and what a show. I can't reveal what happens in the season 2 opener...but holy sh!t...is it good!!!Oh I HATE YOU!!!:cuss:

Well, not really, but I hate you right now. heh

JD10367
06-29-2009, 08:06 PM
Anna Torv is intriguingly hot.

And Walter is just f***ked in the head hilarious.

The tall skinny black dude playing her boss has to be the absolutely freakiest-looking human I've ever seen. That guy scares the shit out of me.

irishjayhawk
06-29-2009, 08:31 PM

The tall skinny black dude playing her boss has to be the absolutely freakiest-looking human I've ever seen. That guy scares the shit out of me.

Too bad she can't act.

Buck
06-29-2009, 08:49 PM

Lance Reddick.

Watch The Wire and you'll see him in a whole different light.

irishjayhawk
06-29-2009, 08:59 PM
Lance Reddick.

Watch The Wire and you'll see him in a whole different light.

That's what I'm currently watching. 4 episodes in. So far, so good.

On a side note, I FUCKING HATE HULU. Having only half of a season of videos to watch. What a waste.

Buck
06-29-2009, 09:02 PM
That's what I'm currently watching. 4 episodes in. So far, so good.

On a side note, I ****ING HATE HULU. Having only half of a season of videos to watch. What a waste.

4 episodes in to the Wire?

Awesome...You have so much awesomeness in your future.

Silock
06-29-2009, 11:24 PM
Did the overarching storylines begin to move? That was my main complaint. It had a great formula but none of the storylines outside the formula were going anywhere. So it was very repetitive.

Yup. Everything ties together.

BigRedChief
06-30-2009, 06:53 AM
That show is showing more and more promise as the season went along.

KcFanInGA
07-01-2009, 08:10 AM

Agreed. I think he is an alien of some sort. His eyes man, just one of those people who have a disturbing stare. Like he's probing you. Probing deeply, slowly....damn it I did it again! Sorry. :doh!: