PDA

View Full Version : Electronics Buy a Sony HD TV & PS3, Save $600...

aturnis
07-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Special offer (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat185200050003&type=category)

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/en_US/images/abn/2009/tvv/pcon/cond/f_600sony46ps3_090628.jpg

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/en_US/images/abn/2009/tvv/pcon/cond/ttlp_2_600sony46ps3_090628.gif
on a Sony HDTV and PlayStation 3 package

Purchase this Sony 46" class BRAVIA 1080p LCD HDTV along with an 80GB PlayStation 3 for only $1,299.98*. This package also includes a WALL-E Blu-ray movie and Little Big Planet video game.

You'll love watching Blu-ray movies in high-definition with this Sony HDTV and the PlayStation 3's Blu-ray player. This PS3 also delivers blistering speeds and dazzling graphics for cutting-edge video game play, a DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller and built-in Wi-Fi.

aturnis
07-01-2009, 10:51 PM
Thought some of you might be interested. Seems like a decent deal anyways. Maybe this could be one of the ways their trying to get rid of the current PS3 model inventory, that is, if the PS3 Slim rumors are true.

Also, I think I read somewhere that if you buy it with your BestBuy card, you get no interest for 3 yrs. as long as it's paid off in the time frame...

Lzen
07-02-2009, 10:58 AM
That's a decent deal.

BigMeatballDave
07-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Not a bad deal...

aturnis
07-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Alright, so I myself already own a Samsung LCD and a PS3, so I don't need this deal. My girlfriend on the other hand, has become ADDICTED to CoD:WaW, and has wanted both a t.v. and PS3 for her own. This deal got her excited, the only downturn was the PS3 she would be getting would have been LittleBigPlanet(which we already own) instead of Uncharted(which we've beaten, but it was a rental) which she really wants.

Today, while at work, she pulled the trigger on the deal anyways. Then on her lunch, went to pick up her t.v. and PS3. The guy who brought her the PS3, brought out the wrong one. Of course she noticed right away, but wasn't saying anything. She wound up with the 160GB PS3 packaged with Uncharted anyways. How lucky is that?

Just so everyone knows, we know this is a little dishonest, but the way I see it, big box stores deserve what they get. Especially if the 15yr old girl at Menards messes up and gives me 100ft of trim for free. Serves them right for expecting me to be able to get the help I need from a high school kid with no construction knowledge. I can't tell you how much of my time they've wasted. As for Best Buy, if they don't want ripped off, they can stop ripping everyone else off.

Buck
07-02-2009, 02:44 PM
If they scanned the PS3 and nothing came up then I'm sure they don't care.

I wonder if I could use a 3rd PS3 and a 2nd HDTV.

Oh did you find out about the 3 years no interest thing?

I'm going to show this to my roommate if thats the case.

wutamess
07-02-2009, 02:47 PM
Alright, so I myself already own a Samsung LCD and a PS3, so I don't need this deal. My girlfriend on the other hand, has become ADDICTED to CoD:WaW, and has wanted both a t.v. and PS3 for her own. This deal got her excited, the only downturn was the PS3 she would be getting would have been LittleBigPlanet(which we already own) instead of Uncharted(which we've beaten, but it was a rental) which she really wants.

Today, while at work, she pulled the trigger on the deal anyways. Then on her lunch, went to pick up her t.v. and PS3. The guy who brought her the PS3, brought out the wrong one. Of course she noticed right away, but wasn't saying anything. She wound up with the 160GB PS3 packaged with Uncharted anyways. How lucky is that?

Just so everyone knows, we know this is a little dishonest, but the way I see it, big box stores deserve what they get. Especially if the 15yr old girl at Menards messes up and gives me 100ft of trim for free. Serves them right for expecting me to be able to get the help I need from a high school kid with no construction knowledge. I can't tell you how much of my time they've wasted. As for Best Buy, if they don't want ripped off, they can stop ripping everyone else off.

No need to defend your "lucky turn of events". Just tell the high brow crowd to GFT.

aturnis
07-02-2009, 02:55 PM
No need to defend your "lucky turn of events". Just tell the high brow crowd to GFT.

Word...

aturnis
07-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Just talked to my girlfriend. She said that if you use your Best Buy credit card, you do get 3 yrs. no interest. Gotta remember though, that if you don't pay if off within' the three years, they will probably charge you ALL of the back interest. I'd check on that first, but then again, I wouldn't think it would be a problem to pay it off in 3 yrs.

Kraus
07-02-2009, 03:51 PM
I actually bought this package and sold the PS3 to a roommate.

Buck
07-02-2009, 03:54 PM
If anyone just wants the TV, you can get it here for $899 w/ Free shipping. Pretty much the same deal.

http://dealnews.com/Sony-BRAVIA-46-1080-p-Widescreen-LCD-HDTV-for-899-free-shipping/305993.html

BigMeatballDave
07-02-2009, 04:09 PM

Just so everyone knows, we know this is a little dishonest, but the way I see it, big box stores deserve what they get. Especially if the 15yr old girl at Menards messes up and gives me 100ft of trim for free. Serves them right for expecting me to be able to get the help I need from a high school kid with no construction knowledge. I can't tell you how much of my time they've wasted. As for Best Buy, if they don't want ripped off, they can stop ripping everyone else off.Awesome. I wouldn't have said anything either.

TinyEvel
07-02-2009, 08:26 PM
WOW.
THat is actually a SMOKIN deal!
LBP (it's game of the year) and WALL-E (arguably one of the best animated movies ever).
too!

Nice job. Play that Uncharted game, it's teh rulez. See if you can get all 60 treasures along the way.