PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Bowe working on improving hands

Kylo Ren
07-02-2009, 12:18 PM
KFFL.........

Chiefs | Bowe working on improving hands :clap:
Thu, 02 Jul 2009 10:47:10 -0700

Kent Babb :BLVD:, of The Kansas City Star (http://www.kffl.com/link/142), reports Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl) WR Dwayne Bowe (http://www.kffl.com/player/16076/nfl) :D said he has been working hard :thumb: on improving his concentration :ZZZ: and ability to catch the ball on a consistent basis. Head coach Todd Haley (http://www.kffl.com/player/14112/nfl) :whip: is expected to work with Bowe :$2500: during training camp.

TinyEvel
07-02-2009, 12:25 PM
TO THE 'SHIP!

Micjones
07-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Excellent!

I fully expect him to spend lots of time with the Juggs machine this summer.
If he starts catching the ball consistently... He'll be a nightmare to opposing defenses.

Buehler445
07-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Concentration is it. His hands are fucking amazing. He makes the brutally difficult catches (read: shitty ass piss poor excuses for passes from Hutard and Thiggy) but misses the freaking easy ass ones. It's all in his head.

On a slighlty related note, hopefully they remove the WR screen as a staple of the playbook. Bowe can break lots of tackles and get monster YAC, but he doesn't do it by being shifty and making quick moves. Get someone like Welker or Steve Smith to be doing that nonsense. It would be nice to have a Maclin in that situation. Maybe Charles can fill it. But STOP USING BOWE. If you can't get any protection, run quick outs and shit that he can use his body to box out the defender or get him across the middle quickly. Stop telling him to outjuke corners and cover LBs. [/rant]
Posted via Mobile Device

Micjones
07-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Concentration is it. His hands are fucking amazing. He makes the brutally difficult catches (read: shitty ass piss poor excuses for passes from Hutard and Thiggy) but misses the freaking easy ass ones. It's all in his head.

On a slighlty related note, hopefully they remove the WR screen as a staple of the playbook. Bowe can break lots of tackles and get monster YAC, but he doesn't do it by being shifty and making quick moves. Get someone like Welker or Steve Smith to be doing that nonsense. It would be nice to have a Maclin in that situation. Maybe Charles can fill it. But STOP USING BOWE. If you can't get any protection, run quick outs and shit that he can use his body to box out the defender or get him across the middle quickly. Stop telling him to outjuke corners and cover LBs. [/rant]
Posted via Mobile Device

Hopefully they'll move Engram into that role.
He's your YAC-yards guy.

Buehler445
07-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Hopefully they'll move Engram into that role.
He's your YAC-yards guy.

Yeah, maybe. I'd even give Lawrence or Johnson a shot at it in TC. There isn't anything terribly difficult about the play, line up, make him miss. Maybe that would even speed development.
Posted via Mobile Device

doomy3
07-02-2009, 12:38 PM
What's up with the ghey thread starter with all the smilies? Is RoR one of your alts?

Buehler445
07-02-2009, 12:40 PM
What's up with the ghey thread starter with all the smilies? Is RoR one of your alts?

I think that used to be Gunther Fan.
Posted via Mobile Device

seclark
07-02-2009, 12:41 PM

phony tony/guntherfan/etc
kind of the same, though.
sec

Kylo Ren
07-02-2009, 12:51 PM
What's up with the ghey thread starter with all the smilies? Is RoR one of your alts? Just having fun. I'm in a good mood. It's thursday before a holiday weekend! :)

Micjones
07-02-2009, 12:52 PM
Yeah, maybe. I'd even give Lawrence or Johnson a shot at it in TC. There isn't anything terribly difficult about the play, line up, make him miss. Maybe that would even speed development.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lawrence would be perfect in that role.
Only thing about him is, he tends not to wait on his blockers to set the table for him. He has a habit of trying to outrun everybody. And often times gets himself tackled by being impatient.

If they can teach him to be patient he'll be lethal in that role AND on returns.

Buehler445
07-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Lawrence would be perfect in that role.
Only thing about him is, he tends not to wait on his blockers to set the table for him. He has a habit of trying to outrun everybody. And often times gets himself tackled by being impatient.

If they can teach him to be patient he'll be lethal in that role AND on returns.

I'm hoping one of those 2 guys turns into the #2 in the next couple years. NOW would be a good time, but that may be asking too much...

Back to topic. As long as Bowe isn't consistently running that shit, Buehler445 will be happy. I will admit that it coule be valuable if the corner is playing off or we need to keep them on their toes, but NOT consistently.
Posted via Mobile Device

Micjones
07-02-2009, 01:03 PM
I'm hoping one of those 2 guys turns into the #2 in the next couple years. NOW would be a good time, but that may be asking too much...

I've definitely got high hopes for Lawrence moving into that role.
I'm so disappointed that Webb never was able to. He has sooo much talent. Just can't put it all together.

Jawshco
07-02-2009, 01:18 PM
The only thing about this that worries me is that sometimes making changes in your technique can sometimes lead to a down year before real improvements are made. It's the golfer who's "working on their swing," only to have a historically bad year.

But I guess if it's just a concentration thing, Bowe should be fine. Even so our WR corps aren't go to scare anyone. Cottam might end up with a lot of catches early on though... defenders might neglect our TE now that TG is gone. Hopefully he's up to the task, because we know that Bowe is going to be double covered like crazy this year.

Mr. Laz
07-02-2009, 04:02 PM
I hope he's working on improving his brainpan moreso than his hands, since that's where the real issue is as far as i'm concerned.

Jethopper
07-02-2009, 04:14 PM
thanks.....water is wet.

Buck
07-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Dont forget it was his hands that started the domino effect that is now the Broncos offseason.

RedThat
07-02-2009, 07:18 PM
I hope he's working on improving his brainpan moreso than his hands, since that's where the real issue is as far as i'm concerned.

Good point. But we can honestly say that for every athlete. Whenever an athlete wants to improve, its all in the mind. And the same goes for everybody, if theres a particular thing, circumstance, certain situation you want to improve...It all starts in the mind.

Halfcan
07-02-2009, 07:20 PM
maybe he needs that Operation game-that should steady his hands. Getting that dam wrench out of that guys stomach is nearly impossible.

If Bowe can do that-he Might make the Probowl-lol