PDA

View Full Version : Football Kansas City Chiefs 2009 Preview

mfkrush
07-03-2009, 09:23 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/211268-kansas-city-chiefs-2009-preview

Kansas City Chiefs 2009 Preview....how do you think they will finish? Thoughts on the Preview?

JD10367
07-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Sounds pretty accurate to this Patriots fan. But a lot hinges on that 3-4 and how well they pick it up and integrate their new roles in it. I think, worst-case scenario is 5-11, but 9-7 is reachable.

JimNasium
07-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Was it ever confirmed that we even approached Shanarat? It sounds to me like this author subscribes to the Nick "Assclown" Athan school of journalism. That hurts the credibility of the entire article IMO.

Additionally, calling the secondary the "weak spot of the defense" shows an even further disconnect from truth.

sparkky
07-03-2009, 10:17 AM
the review was ok, maybe just a little more optimistic than I am.

I really see next year as being as much a character test as a talent/skill test. it's not hard to believe we'll be 1-6 going into the break and maybe 1-2 coming out of it.

the coaches and players will be tested to see if they "keep on keepin' on" or fold up. I'm afraid after the Raider game we could well look extremely outclassed on game day. it's one hell of a brutal run with the NFC east and SD in a row.

if the players and coaches can keep the faith and build a little confidence they could well win a few games the second half.

we shall see, I hope I'm wrong.

Manila-Chief
07-04-2009, 08:21 AM
Was it ever confirmed that we even approached Shanarat? It sounds to me like this author subscribes to the Nick "Assclown" Athan school of journalism. That hurts the credibility of the entire article IMO.

Additionally, calling the secondary the "weak spot of the defense" shows an even further disconnect from truth.

Yes, Jim, I fully agree on the "school of journalism." Maybe that is why no one has responded?

I, also, was puzzled over the coaching choice. Sounds to me Shanny is who this guy thought Pioli should sign. No where was it mentioned he was in the least bit interested in him. I believe Pioli got the coach he wanted and the one he would have hired even if he didn't have to wait on firing Herm and for Haley to be able to be hired. The 2 go back a long ways. They have the same mindset and are on the same page. The author's statement shows that he was just trying to write an article and didn't know beans about the Chiefs.

Also, he wrote:

"It was then that they decided the season was obviously not going to end in a postseason run and the keys were turned over to young Tyler Thigpen, a quarterback that excelled in a spread offense but struggled mightily under center."

That sounds like Herm just decided to go youth. Never mind that both QB's went out with injuries.

I'm not concerned with wins/losses for this year. Yeah, wanta win but more important they begin to build the team for the long run. As sparkky said ... I just hope they keep focused and understand the team building concept.

But, overall ... a stupid article!!!

milkman
07-04-2009, 08:53 AM
Yes, Jim, I fully agree on the "school of journalism." Maybe that is why no one has responded?

I, also, was puzzled over the coaching choice. Sounds to me Shanny is who this guy thought Pioli should sign. No where was it mentioned he was in the least bit interested in him. I believe Pioli got the coach he wanted and the one he would have hired even if he didn't have to wait on firing Herm and for Haley to be able to be hired. The 2 go back a long ways. They have the same mindset and are on the same page. The author's statement shows that he was just trying to write an article and didn't know beans about the Chiefs.

Also, he wrote:

"It was then that they decided the season was obviously not going to end in a postseason run and the keys were turned over to young Tyler Thigpen, a quarterback that excelled in a spread offense but struggled mightily under center."

That sounds like Herm just decided to go youth. Never mind that both QB's went out with injuries.

I'm not concerned with wins/losses for this year. Yeah, wanta win but more important they begin to build the team for the long run. As sparkky said ... I just hope they keep focused and understand the team building concept.

But, overall ... a stupid article!!!

Yep, that look at the Chiefs was clearly from the eyes of someone who was looking in the other direction.

DJ will be playing on the inside, not the outside.
Donald Washington will more than likley only see the field in dime packages, and he seems to think that the pass rush will becoming from the front in a 34.

Hell, makes me wonder, does this guy even watch football, much less the Chiefs?

SAUTO
07-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Yep, that look at the Chiefs was clearly from the eyes of someone who was looking in the other direction.

DJ will be playing on the inside, not the outside.
Donald Washington will more than likley only see the field in dime packages, and he seems to think that the pass rush will becoming from the front in a 34.

Hell, makes me wonder, does this guy even watch football, much less the Chiefs?

ROFL