PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Does LJ have Eye of the Tiger still?

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-06-2009, 01:49 AM
Mmm...watching old footage of "Slapper John MD", Larry Johnson. Very good in days gone by.

Does he still have it?

Can he resurrect himself and play with fire again?

Is Go Chiefs living in a fantasy world?

Discuss!

chasedude
07-06-2009, 02:00 AM
No one really knows but LJ himself.

kcxiv
07-06-2009, 03:35 AM
He's fine, his body doesnt have much wear and tear on it as some people like to believe. We also have to realize that the last 2 years we have had one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL.

Kerberos
07-06-2009, 05:22 AM
Mmm...watching old footage of "Slapper John MD", Larry Johnson. Very good in days gone by.

Does he still have it?

Can he resurrect himself and play with fire again?

Is Go Chiefs living in a fantasy world?

Discuss!

Were is BobDole when you need him?

big nasty kcnut
07-06-2009, 05:57 AM
I don't know check his ipod.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
07-06-2009, 06:00 AM
Of course.

There have been a plethora of backs, who were also selfish little bitches who refused to block, cared only about themselves, and had been run into the ground by dumbass head coaches, that went on to have extremely productive years at age 30+.

Micjones
07-06-2009, 06:09 AM
I think LJ's still got something left in the tank.
I believe he can be VERY productive this season if used properly.

HonestChieffan
07-06-2009, 07:03 AM
Gotta hope he acts right and other teams get the hots for him and he gets traded.

Buehler445
07-06-2009, 07:19 AM
I think he has the capability to do it, but who the fuck knows where his head is at.

He used to strive to be great. Now recently, he's just been a bitch.

Crashride
07-06-2009, 10:20 AM
Left in the tank? Jesus hes like 28. Put any pro running back behind that kick ass line we had and he would do well.

ClevelandBronco
07-06-2009, 10:36 AM
He's fine, his body doesnt have much wear and tear on it as some people like to believe. We also have to realize that the last 2 years we have had one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL.

Which could be the cause of LJ having so much wear.

bobbything
07-06-2009, 10:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZKoIu-ECfs

LaChapelle
07-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Is Eye of the Tiger some kind of homeopathic steriod? Is it part of the lily family?

Blick
07-06-2009, 11:21 AM
LJ doesn't turn 30 until 3 days before the Sunday of Week 11. He's not old yet. He doesn't have a lot of wear and tear...at all. He only has 1243 career carries. Steven Jackson, who is 25, only has 19 fewer carries for his career. Clinton Portis is 27, but has over 2000 career carries. People get so caught up in age that they don't even look at the actual number of times a running back has taken a beating in the league.

I'm on the LJ bandwagon for this year. He would have had a nice year last year if he didn't get suspended. 4.5 yards per carry is a good average, and he broke 2 of the longest runs of his career. If he has his shit together, and stays out of trouble, I think he could have a surprising season.

Jethopper
07-06-2009, 11:24 AM
No, he has human eyes. Great another RoR worthless thread.

DeezNutz
07-06-2009, 11:25 AM
416 in '06.
30 in '09.

All the numbers one needs.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-06-2009, 11:29 AM

And yet here your dumb ass came.

Good Boy! Woof-woof!

MahiMike
07-06-2009, 11:29 AM
He'll be Haley's Edgerrin James in KC. Disgruntled and asking for trade next year.

DeezNutz
07-06-2009, 11:30 AM
He'll be Haley's Edgerrin James in KC. Disgruntled and asking for trade next year.

Edge can block.

Gonzo
07-06-2009, 11:58 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rdXiiDAfSPc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rdXiiDAfSPc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SAUTO
07-06-2009, 12:02 PM

ROFL you just made the list motherfucker/ROR king cocksucker of the planet

Dayze
07-06-2009, 12:44 PM
no. he got paid.
end of story.

wild1
07-06-2009, 12:48 PM
He's got the eye of the paycheck, the only eye he ever had.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-06-2009, 12:58 PM
He's got the eye of the paycheck, the only eye he ever had.

ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
07-06-2009, 01:00 PM
It's make it or break it time for LJ and he knows it. 2009 is either the rebirth, or the crucifixion.

Jethopper
07-06-2009, 01:19 PM
ROFL you just made the list mother****er/ROR king one who sucks the penis of the planet

Can somebody decipher this for me.

Buehler445
07-06-2009, 01:35 PM

I think it goes like this:

ROFL. Jason is laughing at Raised on Riots (RoR)because jason believes him to be a toolbox.

"You just made the list mother fucker". RoR says some variant of this when he "puts somebody on ignore" despite putting them on ignore many times weekly, he continues making the comment numerous times over time, suggesting that he doesn't put them on ignore.
/RoR the king one who sucks the penis of the planet. he made the comment sarcistically pretending to be RoR. Not real sure about the penis bit. Probably that he 1. Sucks cock, 2. Is dumber than most of the rest of the Planet and accordingly sucks the collectove cock of the Planet.

Just a guess
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-06-2009, 01:37 PM

You might as well learn Japanese so you can put him to work doing the one thing he does best:

Fetch-a Sake! :D

If Sauto does not fill glass all the way, press here:
http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/images/Hattori1.jpg
(sound of gong, followed by ancient Japanese riff everyone knows)

"Dam-nit Sau-to don't-you bo-gart Sake,
Me no pay-ing you to-get drunk on clock-y".

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh...Sankyou!:fire:

Titty Meat
07-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Raised on Riots is cool but he'll be cooler once hes on the Matt Cassel/ Mike Brown bandwagon

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-06-2009, 01:44 PM
I think it goes like this:

ROFL. Jason is laughing at Raised on Riots (RoR)because jason believes him to be a toolbox.

"You just made the list mother fucker". RoR says some variant of this when he "puts somebody on ignore" despite putting them on ignore many times weekly, he continues making the comment numerous times over time, suggesting that he doesn't put them on ignore.
/RoR the king one who sucks the penis of the planet. he made the comment sarcistically pretending to be RoR. Not real sure about the penis bit. Probably that he 1. Sucks cock, 2. Is dumber than most of the rest of the Planet and accordingly sucks the collectove cock of the Planet.

Just a guess
Posted via Mobile Device

Or 3), Doesn't worship the Cassel Beanie-Weenie as Sauto does on a daily, slurping, and swallowing basis.
Don't forget to tongue-bathe Cassel's balls too, Sauto.

Micjones
07-06-2009, 01:48 PM
LJ doesn't turn 30 until 3 days before the Sunday of Week 11. He's not old yet. He doesn't have a lot of wear and tear...at all. He only has 1243 career carries. Steven Jackson, who is 25, only has 19 fewer carries for his career. Clinton Portis is 27, but has over 2000 career carries. People get so caught up in age that they don't even look at the actual number of times a running back has taken a beating in the league.

I'm on the LJ bandwagon for this year. He would have had a nice year last year if he didn't get suspended. 4.5 yards per carry is a good average, and he broke 2 of the longest runs of his career. If he has his shit together, and stays out of trouble, I think he could have a surprising season.

QFT!

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Raised on Riots is cool but he'll be cooler once hes on the Matt Cassel/ Mike Brown bandwagon

Meh. Maybe Cassel if he doesn't royally suck, but Brown? The guy's not a long-term solution and he'll never be the great human being that BP is.

As far as I'm concerned, he's just another interloper brought in to light fires under asses.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-06-2009, 03:39 PM
QFT!

But, but he missed a block on Scott Fujita 4 years ago and his leg being hurt was a result of all those carries and not somebody landing on it awkwardly!!

OctoberFart
07-06-2009, 04:58 PM
LJ is the most overhyped over paid 2 1000 yd season RB to ever lace them up.

SAUTO
07-06-2009, 05:00 PM

how well is mcfadden paid?

OctoberFart
07-06-2009, 05:01 PM
how well is mcfadden paid?

What does a 2nd year player have to do with a yearly hyped underachiever?

SAUTO
07-06-2009, 05:05 PM
What does a 2nd year player have to do with a yearly hyped underachiever?

with the hype and check mcfadden got i wouldnt be talking much shot here if i was you

kcxiv
07-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Which could be the cause of LJ having so much wear.

Well, out of them 2 years he was hurt from that freak foot injury. So its really like only 1 and a half years. Last year, we ran the fucking spread formation. He ran pretty well from it, but he didnt do alot of banging in that formation.

FAX
07-06-2009, 07:03 PM
No. LJ does not have the Eye Of The Tiger any more.

He does, however, possess the Penis Of The Wombat.

And the Bank Account Of The Defendant.

FAX

MahiMike
07-06-2009, 07:15 PM
You might as well learn Japanese so you can put him to work doing the one thing he does best:

Fetch-a Sake! :D

If Sauto does not fill glass all the way, press here:
http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/images/Hattori1.jpg
(sound of gong, followed by ancient Japanese riff everyone knows)

"Dam-nit Sau-to don't-you bo-gart Sake,
Me no pay-ing you to-get drunk on clock-y".

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh...Sankyou!:fire:

TORA! TORA! TORA!

OctoberFart
07-06-2009, 07:16 PM
with the hype and check mcfadden got i wouldnt be talking much shot here if i was you

He looked good when he wasn't hurt. Time will tell but we already know that Diaper Boy straight up stole money from the hunts and hasn't played up to his contract. Jury is still out on McFadden but back to the topic instead of typical deflection that KC fans are so good at.

BarrySPAMAID
07-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Meh. Maybe Cassel if he doesn't royally suck, but Brown? The guy's not a long-term solution and he'll never be the great human being that BP is.

As far as I'm concerned, he's just another interloper brought in to light fires under asses.

Hey look bro, BP is the man. He tackles. He runs. He does the splits. But Mike Brown coming to camp is not a bad thing. This guy will push BP, and WE WANT THAT for all the BP "nay sayers" out there. Brown was a good pick up, and remember, he came at a very acceptable price. Plus Pioli has a nack for older players. History teaches us this.

No, that would be McFadden. Just without the 1000 yard seasons I think, I could be wrong, but I pay no attention to dirty lowdown scum FAIDER players. Now move along.

Well, out of them 2 years he was hurt from that freak foot injury. So its really like only 1 and a half years. Last year, we ran the ****ing spread formation. He ran pretty well from it, but he didnt do alot of banging in that formation.

They will find plenty of ways to use Larry. Write that down. He bounces back this year. His behavior is pointing in this direction. If he has the camp I am thinking he is going to have, it's gonna be party time.

No. LJ does not have the Eye Of The Tiger any more.

He does, however, possess the Penis Of The Wombat.

And the Bank Account Of The Defendant.

FAX

Disagree, but very funny.

KcFanInGA
07-06-2009, 11:22 PM
LJ is still one of the NFL's premier backs. This year he will be a huge contributor on this offense, and I think he has kept his mouth shut and his nose to the grindstone this offseason. That alone is a monumental shift. He is on board, and I am pulling for LJ all the way. I predict a great year for him, if we use him properly. We are lucky to have a RB like him, we need playmakers and he is a guy the other team knows they have to account for or he will gouge them, and he will still gouge them anyway. Oh yes, I am on his nuts, and unabashadly so.

Rausch
07-07-2009, 12:22 AM
Well, out of them 2 years he was hurt from that freak foot injury. So its really like only 1 and a half years. Last year, we ran the ****ing spread formation. He ran pretty well from it, but he didnt do alot of banging in that formation.

Our offense should be unpredictable.

You have the air it out combo of the Pats/Cards passing attack in there.
You have the Gailey-Ground-N-Pound with the occasional trick play for 6.

It'll be hard to tell. Even when the Pats were more pass happy there'd be games they'd ride Smith/Dillon for 3.5 yrd gains all afternoon...

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-07-2009, 12:27 AM

It'll be hard to tell. Even when the Pats were more pass happy there'd be games they'd ride Smith/Dillon for 3.5 yrd gains all afternoon...

Now that's a solid take.

kcxiv
07-07-2009, 12:45 AM

LJ last year still had a good ypg average. Problem was, if we were just trying to grind it out, they would overpower our offensive line. How many times did we see LJ tackles in the backfield. It has nothing absolutely nothing to do with this skills as a running back. It had everything to do with our oline. YOu have to give the guy room to breathe. LJ is a power back with some decent cut back sklls, but if you cant get him rolling, its over. Pretty much like every running back in the league.

On offense we had one of the worst if not the worst line in the NFL, on defense we had the worst line in the history of the NFL. yep, our Dline was that bad. This hurt us big time, because the offensive line could not get better in practice because the dline was fucking horrible.

Rausch
07-07-2009, 12:51 AM
LJ last year still had a good ypg average. Problem was, if we were just trying to grind it out, they would overpower our offensive line. How many times did we see LJ tackles in the backfield. It has nothing absolutely nothing to do with this skills as a running back. It had everything to do with our oline. YOu have to give the guy room to breathe. LJ is a power back with some decent cut back sklls, but if you cant get him rolling, its over. Pretty much like every running back in the league.

Pats didn't care.

Smith was a putz but Dillon was a dominating, game-breaking type of HB. The Pats line was, has been, and is horribly overrated.

On offense we had one of the worst if not the worst line in the NFL, on defense we had the worst line in the history of the NFL. yep, our Dline was that bad. This hurt us big time, because the offensive line could not get better in practice because the dline was ****ing horrible.

And so we hit our biggest weakness with our first draft.

Good start. I don't expect top 10 defensive rankings this year but a solid foundation has been put in place. The secondary was already servicable and the LB's were all talented but underachievers.

By the end of this year things could look really good on defense.

On the offensive line the Pats did not take many high picks there, the Steelers (Hunt/Gailey influence) did about every other year...

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-07-2009, 01:06 AM
We need Pittsburgh D and Pats O with a serious running game.

That, should be the first goal. And then, we take elements of vintage Marty-Cowher defense( namely destroying QB's ), and mix in some vintage Stram Confusion on offense; make them guess and adjust poorly at the line of scrimmage on the defensive side of the ball.

Yep, I like it.

Micjones
07-07-2009, 09:58 AM
What will really be important is the health of the rest of the backfield.
We need other backs to help spell Johnson.

I hope this kid Williams can contribute.
Looks like it may be a while before Kolby's back to full-strength.

HemiEd
07-07-2009, 10:03 AM
I think LJ's still got something left in the tank.
I believe he can be VERY productive this season if used properly.

I agree, LJ has some very selfish reasons to put out a lot of effort. I think Scott Pioli informed him that there were no takers on his trade offers, nobody wants him or his baggage. He needs to show the league he is still a viable running back, and has learned how to block.

Micjones
07-07-2009, 10:20 AM
I agree, LJ has some very selfish reasons to put out a lot of effort. I think Scott Pioli informed him that there were no takers on his trade offers, nobody wants him or his baggage. He needs to show the league he is still a viable running back, and has learned how to block.

As long as he's motivated. I could care less why.
We'll deal with that next year. For now, we can benefit from the production on the field.

Cash Cow
07-07-2009, 10:26 AM

THIS, I couldn't have said it better.

OctoberFart
07-07-2009, 11:41 AM
I think Scott Pioli informed him that there were no takers on his trade offers, nobody wants him or his baggage. He needs to show the league he is still a viable running back, and has learned how to block.

That shows you how everyone outside of KC percieves this primadonna.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-07-2009, 11:43 AM
That shows you how everyone outside of KC percieves this primadonna.

How much bank do you think JaFatass Russel could draw these days?

T-post Tom
07-07-2009, 11:47 AM
LJ doesn't need "eye of the tiger". He has a new method of motivation:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uGPYYnA6UD8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uGPYYnA6UD8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

OctoberFart
07-07-2009, 11:50 AM
How much bank do you think JaFatass Russel could draw these days?

He sucks so not much even though he is getting compensated quite well. Back to Diaper Boy KC made this lazy, thug, 2 1000 yd career RB the highest paid in the league at the time.