PDA

View Full Version : Football Vike Fans MUST buy Chiefs tickets to see GB vs Vikes

Kerberos
07-07-2009, 08:15 AM
I thought this was funny. Viking front office is forcing fans that want to see Favre play GB in a HOME game buy package deal with Chief preseason tickets.

I guess no one would buy the Chiefs tickets otherwise? Not that I blame Vike fans.

http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_12765594

Vikings forcing fans who want to see Favre vs. Packers, to buy tickets for Chiefs
A Brett Favre signing with the Vikings is expected to be announced in time for the start of the team's single-game ticket sales July 20. The Vikings will play Favre's former team the Green Bay Packers on Monday night, Oct. 5, at the Metrodome on ESPN. The Vikings are planning to require anyone buying a ticket to that game to also buy a ticket to the Aug. 21 exhibition game against the Kansas City Chiefs. -- Pioneer Press .....Ben's Take: Classic NFL marketing, even in a terrible economy.

Shag
07-07-2009, 08:21 AM
Has nothing to do with the Chiefs. They've been doing that for years up here, just to sell the preseason games - nobody wants to pay full price to see preseason...

Mr_Tomahawk
07-07-2009, 08:22 AM
Shit....I be there! Already had plans on going!

MMXcalibur
07-07-2009, 08:22 AM
Aren't exhibition game tickets the same price as regular season game tickets? Why the flying fuck would someone pay full price in the first place to watch the starters put in 1-2 drives and call it a game? Not everyone is enthralled with seeing how the 3rd string tight end battle is going to shape up in the 4th quarter of a meaningless game. Someone up the corporate foodchain needs to remedy this dickbaggery.

Anyways, that GB/MIN tilt is going to be huge.....so expect a capacity crowd to watch our scrubs eke out a 13-10 win against the Vikes scrubs.

Kerberos
07-07-2009, 08:23 AM
Has nothing to do with the Chiefs. They've been doing that for years up here, just to sell the preseason games - nobody wants to pay full price to see preseason...

Yea i guess I just think it's funny that the Chiefs game has to be forced upon people just to sell the tickets.

Poetic justice for a team that sucks bawls and no one outside of the midwest wants to watch them.

wild1
07-07-2009, 08:34 AM
Anyways, that GB/MIN tilt is going to be huge.....so expect a capacity crowd to watch our scrubs eke out a 13-10 win against the Vikes scrubs.

Many tickets will go unused and many will be given away i bet.

Old Dog
07-07-2009, 08:36 AM
Yea i guess I just think it's funny that the Chiefs game has to be forced upon people just to sell the tickets.

Poetic justice for a team that sucks bawls and no one outside of the midwest wants to watch them.

It has NOTHING to do with it being the Chiefs. It's just that it's a preseason game. KC did the same thing last year, if folks wanted to buy tickets to see Green Bay or Denver they had to buy a preseason game as well.

Kerberos
07-07-2009, 08:56 AM
It has NOTHING to do with it being the Chiefs. It's just that it's a preseason game. KC did the same thing last year, if folks wanted to buy tickets to see Green Bay or Denver they had to buy a preseason game as well.

YES I KNOW it has nothing to do with the Chiefs but it doesn't make it any less funny in the big picture from the outside looking in.

I was a season ticket holder for 19 years so I am well aware of HAVING to buy preseason tickets that are forced upon you.

chiefbowe82
07-07-2009, 09:01 AM
kerberos did you have meth for breakfast

Frazod
07-07-2009, 09:01 AM
The only way I'd ever go to another preseason game was if I got free/reduced price tickets. Why pay full price for a quarter or half of a game?

Kerberos
07-07-2009, 09:06 AM
kerberos did you have meth for breakfast

For the last time

YES I know it has nothing to do with the chiefs.

As a marketing ploy I see them using tickets that don't sell well (like preseason) and package them with MUST see games.

It is just funny that it happens to be "THE CHIEFS" game that they package with the GB game. They have another preseason home game they could have put in there but they USED the Chiefs game.

As a Chiefs fan I thought it was funny.

If you don't think it was funny then move on. Christ you people are making this more than it needs to be. :shake:

JD10367
07-07-2009, 09:20 AM
That's nothing, when a bunch of us New Englanders wanted to buy a block of group tickets to see the Pats play the Fins in Miami, they made us buy tickets to another actual game, the Green Bay-at-Miami tilt a few weeks prior. It was still cheaper than getting secondhand tickets through professional scalpers--oops, sorry, I meant, "online retailers"--so we bought the Pack-Fin tickets and obviously didn't go to that game...

Frazod
07-07-2009, 09:27 AM
That's nothing, when a bunch of us New Englanders wanted to buy a block of group tickets to see the Pats play the Fins in Miami, they made us buy tickets to another actual game, the Green Bay-at-Miami tilt a few weeks prior. It was still cheaper than getting secondhand tickets through professional scalpers--oops, sorry, I meant, "online retailers"--so we bought the Pack-Fin tickets and obviously didn't go to that game...

Reminds me of how the Brewers jacked up ticket prices for Cardinal games. It used to be I'd go up for a couple of games during a weekend series, stay in a local hotel, etc. Now I just watch the games from home instead, and watch the Cards in person when the go to Wrigley, since it's closer and the fleecing is about the same. Plus, I don't have to shell out for a hotel room.

I'm sure the local Milwaukee businesses losing revenue from me no longer going up there really appreciate it.

07-07-2009, 09:31 AM
This is a practice used at KU during football season as well for the Nebraska games. They require you to purchase other games if you want a ticket to that game.

I really hate that practice.

Frazod
07-07-2009, 09:44 AM
This is a practice used at KU during football season as well for the Nebraska games. They require you to purchase other games if you want a ticket to that game.

I really hate that practice.

This is just the way the fucking world anymore. Higher fees, traffic cameras and tickets in the mail, it's just endless. EVERYBODY gigs you for every cent they can. Yesterday was fun for me - I'm currently refinancing my house - so I find out that my association charges a $90 fee to provide a simple form that can be prepared in a few minutes, which I have to have in order to close. The $90 check must be certified (even though I've never bounced a check to them in eight years), and of course my shitty bank charges me SEVEN FUCKING DOLLARS for a certified check. Then I get home and find out that DirecTV has been charging me for old receivers that I upgraded past (through them, of course) for years, but they won't credit my account for more than two months since it's my fault I just now noticed their mistake. I've already contacted a lawyer about that one.

Everything's going up but paychecks - no raises/bonuses this year because the economy's bad.

Lovely.

JD10367
07-07-2009, 09:52 AM
This is just the way the ****ing world anymore. Higher fees, traffic cameras and tickets in the mail, it's just endless. EVERYBODY gigs you for every cent they can. Yesterday was fun for me - I'm currently refinancing my house - so I find out that my association charges a $90 fee to provide a simple form that can be prepared in a few minutes, which I have to have in order to close. The $90 check must be certified (even though I've never bounced a check to them in eight years), and of course my shitty bank charges me SEVEN ****ING DOLLARS for a certified check. Then I get home and find out that DirecTV has been charging me for old receivers that I upgraded past (through them, of course) for years, but they won't credit my account for more than two months since it's my fault I just now noticed their mistake. I've already contacted a lawyer about that one.

Everything's going up but paychecks - no raises/bonuses this year because the economy's bad.

Lovely.

"We're mad as hell, and we're not gonna take it any more!"

http://bdzuver.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/4.jpg

cmh6476
07-07-2009, 10:24 AM
will training camp be over by then? Would be an easy game to get tix to as a chiefs fan...

cmh6476
07-07-2009, 10:26 AM
This is just the way the ****ing world anymore. Higher fees, traffic cameras and tickets in the mail, it's just endless. EVERYBODY gigs you for every cent they can. Yesterday was fun for me - I'm currently refinancing my house - so I find out that my association charges a $90 fee to provide a simple form that can be prepared in a few minutes, which I have to have in order to close. The $90 check must be certified (even though I've never bounced a check to them in eight years), and of course my shitty bank charges me SEVEN ****ING DOLLARS for a certified check. Then I get home and find out that DirecTV has been charging me for old receivers that I upgraded past (through them, of course) for years, but they won't credit my account for more than two months since it's my fault I just now noticed their mistake. I've already contacted a lawyer about that one.

Lovely.

what state? I know MO attorney general's office has a consumer protection dept that might be able to check into it for MO residents.

Frazod
07-07-2009, 10:39 AM
what state? I know MO attorney general's office has a consumer protection dept that might be able to check into it for MO residents.

The People's Republik of Illinois.

Kerberos
07-07-2009, 10:49 AM
The People's Republik of Illinois.

So do we call you Frazodokov from now on?

kc1977
07-07-2009, 11:11 AM
While this practice is generally used to get the pre-season tickets or tickets to a less attractive regular season sold, in this case, it is being done to discourage Green Bay fans from buying up the tickets. The thinking is that this will discourage many Green Bay fans from purchasing tickets to the Vikings-Pack game because they will be wasting money on the other game. Vikings fans, on the other hand, at least would be interested in the pre-season game they are being forced to buy.

Of course, if you think that most Green Bay fans would pay twice the face value for this ticket anyways, then this accomplishes little except for the Packers' fans basically subsidizing the Vikings' fans as the Vikings' fans won't have to (or be able to) purchase said attached tickets to a meaningless preseason game, further reduced by the opponent of 6 wins the last 32 games.