PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Is it just me or does Gonzo insinuate that Waters was looking for a way out...

DaWolf
07-07-2009, 11:49 AM
...even before this Haley meeting went down? Now maybe I'm just drawing incorrect conclusions, but it sounds to me like Gonzo was having discussions with BW about seeing the end of the line and wanting to get outta there to a "winning" team.

If that's the case, sounds more like this "Haley confrontation" was more of a nice excuse to pull the trade card than anything. And obviously he leaked it to Whitlock to get the public sympathy for it.

I love how Gonzo calls Herm the "greatest coach you could ever play for." LOL, if you enjoy losing, yeah...

Video Link (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcsouth/0-12-124/Video--Tony-Gonzalez-on-joining-Falcons.html)

APOH

T-post Tom
07-07-2009, 11:58 AM
I hope Atlanta sucks this year and we get a REALLY good #2 from da dirty birds. (I know, wishful thinking.) Tony is a self-motivated HOF player, so Herm's laissez faire coaching approach probably does work for him. Not sure about the other 52 players on last year's roster though... :)

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-07-2009, 12:02 PM
I hope Atlanta sucks this year and we get a REALLY good #2 from da dirty birds. (I know, wishful thinking.)

This.

And piss on Herm.

Mr. Krab
07-07-2009, 12:31 PM
I hope Atlanta sucks this year and we get a REALLY good #2 from da dirty birds.
This

I hope Matt Ryan gets some kind of lingering groin injury so he's not really hurt but he can't play either. Gonzo catches about 30 passes this year and Atlanta goes 6-10. PBJ

Jethopper
07-07-2009, 12:33 PM
This.

And piss on Herm.

LOLZ ROFL

CoMoChief
07-07-2009, 12:35 PM
...even before this Haley meeting went down? Now maybe I'm just drawing incorrect conclusions, but it sounds to me like Gonzo was having discussions with BW about seeing the end of the line and wanting to get outta there to a "winning" team.

If that's the case, sounds more like this "Haley confrontation" was more of a nice excuse to pull the trade card than anything. And obviously he leaked it to Whitlock to get the public sympathy for it.

I love how Gonzo calls Herm the "greatest coach you could ever play for." LOL, if you enjoy losing, yeah...

Video Link (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcsouth/0-12-124/Video--Tony-Gonzalez-on-joining-Falcons.html)

According to players across the league, Herm is a great coach to play for. Now, having that said that doesn't mean he's a good head coach because he's proven many times that he sucks at it.

If you're a propowler veteran player, Herm usually takes it easy on you, he probably figures these kinds of players know what it takes to be successful in the league, why practice them hard when they know what to do? He allows 1 days during training camp, that kinda thing, etc.

If you were someone like TG or BW, why wouldn't you like that?

FAX
07-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Hmmm. I think you may be right, Mr. DaWolf. It does sound like TG and Waters probably talked about the situation. It would certainly explain Waters' attitude and reaction to whatever happened that day at One Arrowhead.

EDIT: And piss on Herm.

FAX

talastan
07-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Hmmm. I think you may be right, Mr. DaWolf. It does sound like TG and Waters probably talked about the situation. It would certainly explain Waters' attitude and reaction to whatever happened that day at One Arrowhead.

EDIT: And piss on Herm.

FAX

The quote for 2009!! :clap:

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-07-2009, 12:51 PM
Herm on draft day:

"I fielded one of the youngest teams in the league last year".

Other analyst:

"And that's what brought you here to us today"!

ROFL

Piss on Herm!

GoHuge
07-07-2009, 12:56 PM
I love the Chiefs new approach. You are 1 in 53. The attention whores and those that think they deserve to be treated extra special I have no use for. The ones that make up to twenty times more than some of their teammates should feel special enough without having a figurative groping session from their boss. Which of us here could pull shit like that at our jobs? I'm going to go out on a limb and say not many.

alpha_omega
07-07-2009, 01:03 PM
I really don't give a $hit what TG says....until he retires and comes back and gives a speech.

and...p on H

FAX
07-07-2009, 01:07 PM
I love the Chiefs new approach. You are 1 in 53. The attention whores and those that think they deserve to be treated extra special I have no use for. The ones that make up to twenty times more than some of their teammates should feel special enough without having a figurative groping session from their boss. Which of us here could pull shit like that at our jobs? I'm going to go out on a limb and say not many.

I stand shoulder to shoulder with you on this issue, Mr. GoHuge39.

Although the coaches really don't have much of a choice. Most of our guys are young and unproven ... not to mention unknown to the staff. Still, I hope they keep the playing field level, the pressure on, and let the best man win the position. It's the best possible method.

EDIT: (APOH)

FAX

big nasty kcnut
07-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Btw love this thread and piss on herm!
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat
07-07-2009, 01:13 PM
Herm on draft day:

Other analyst:

ROFL

Piss on Herm!

Someone really said that to him? lol

DJJasonp
07-07-2009, 01:28 PM
I love how Tony G calls Herm "the greatest coach...yada yada yada..."

But got all butt-hurt when he wasnt allowed to break the record at Arrowhead.

Alphaman
07-07-2009, 01:40 PM
I hope Atlanta sucks this year and we get a REALLY good #2 from da dirty birds. (I know, wishful thinking.) Tony is a self-motivated HOF player, so Herm's laissez faire coaching approach probably does work for him. Not sure about the other 52 players on last year's roster though... :)

I just hope we get to the playoffs and win a playoff game before Gonzo does. It sounds like Waters wants to do things the way he is used to. Herm was a great coach for vets because he gave them a lot of freedom. It appears that Haley's view is that all 53 have the same rules and the same expectations. It's also clear that he wants 53 players that will buy into that and not expect preferential treatment.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Someone really said that to him? lol

Yeah they did, and it made me spit my beer out.:D

Piss On Herm!

Mr. Krab
07-07-2009, 02:16 PM

Gonzo was good with the PR but he wasn't nearly the "good guy" he pretended to be.

CoMoChief
07-07-2009, 02:52 PM

Would you not be pissed?!?!?

He wanted to break it at home, infront and for the fans, after doing everything possible for a franchise that hasn't done shit for him.

Shit Barry fucking Sanders and the DET Lions had more playoff appearances than TonyG...........i think, don't hold me to that but I think that's true.

Mojo Jojo
07-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Gonzo was good with the PR but he wasn't nearly the "good guy" he pretended to be.

BINGO!!!!

Buck
07-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Listen, lets focus on Gonzo the poster, not the Tight End.

This guy comes in here all balls to the wall and thinks that hes better at the Arcade than me.

Its just not true. I challenge him to a 1 on 1 in any arcade game. We'll see who is better.

Gonzo
07-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Listen, lets focus on Gonzo the poster, not the Tight End.

This guy comes in here all balls to the wall and thinks that hes better at the Arcade than me.

Its just not true. I challenge him to a 1 on 1 in any arcade game. We'll see who is better.

Fricken bring it Nancy. I will whip your ass in some Archery beyotch.

Buck
07-07-2009, 03:20 PM
One on one. I'll make it now.

Hammock Parties
07-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Waters drank the Herm koolaid until it rotted his brains.

Gonzo
07-07-2009, 03:31 PM
One on one. I'll make it now.

Hello Gonzo,

CONGRATULATIONS, you are the winner of the Archery 2000-Tournament !

Click here ('http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/arcade.php?do=viewtourney&tid=110') to view the final standings.

You are my bitch.

Halfcan
07-07-2009, 04:16 PM

That was bullshit for Tony G and the fans. Fug Herm.

Baby Lee
07-07-2009, 04:23 PM
ROFL - Hermanus Edwardium - Piss be upon thee.

FAX
07-07-2009, 04:42 PM
ROFL - Hermanus Edwardium - Piss be upon thee.

And may the sting of urine blind thine dullard's eyeballs. Amen.

FAX

Mojo Jojo
07-07-2009, 04:48 PM
That was bullshit for Tony G and the fans. Fug Herm.

This is the perfect example of TG being about TG first. Coaches and most great players don't care about where a record is broken. It is about the team NOT the player.

Marty had two chances for Marcus to break the rushing TD record at Arrowhead, but went for the team first approach. You never heard Marcus bitch about it. FYI...Marcus actually played on Chiefs teams that won playoff games...Tony not so much.

Tony Was, Is and Always Will Be about Tony first.

OnTheWarpath15
07-07-2009, 05:17 PM
This is the perfect example of TG being about TG first. Coaches and most great players don't care about where a record is broken. It is about the team NOT the player.

Marty had two chances for Marcus to break the rushing TD record at Arrowhead, but went for the team first approach. You never heard Marcus bitch about it. FYI...Marcus actually played on Chiefs teams that won playoff games...Tony not so much.

Spot on, but good luck convincing the masses.

orange
07-07-2009, 05:47 PM

Marcus Allen was a Raider/Chief. He had very little connection to KC compared to Tony Gonzalez.

What exactly is wrong with a player wanting to do something special for the home fans?

Spot on, but good luck convincing the masses.

The masses who pay for the tickets and want to see something special now and then.

At concerts when the audience is holding up their lighters for an encore, do the unselfish bands blow them off and get out before the traffic?

SAUTO
07-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Marcus Allen was a Raider/Chief. He had very little connection to KC compared to Tony Gonzalez.

IIRC marcus thought of himself as a chief

Mojo Jojo
07-07-2009, 06:32 PM

What exactly is wrong with a player wanting to do something special for the home fans?

The masses who pay for the tickets and want to see something special now and then.

At concerts when the audience is holding up their lighters for an encore, do the unselfish bands blow them off and get out before the traffic?

Yes, yes they do...bands have preset encores before the show. They have encore one or two depending on the TIME...not the crowd. This is so the sound, light and video guys know what is going on and what to do. You really should know what you are talking about before making comments.

orange
07-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Yes, yes they do...bands have preset encores before the show. They have encore one or two depending on the TIME...not the crowd. This is so the sound, light and video guys know what is going on and what to do. You really should know what you are talking about before making comments.

I was at a Jackson Browne concert where he did six encores.

You clearly know much less than you think you do.

But besides that, even the planned encores happen. Just like Gonzalez' record should have happened in KC.

Answer the question I originally posed: "What exactly is wrong with a player wanting to do something special for the home fans?"

orange
07-07-2009, 06:46 PM

... And speaking of planned encores... you do realize that TG and the Chiefs had a little celebration planned that Herm blew off?

Mojo Jojo
07-07-2009, 06:46 PM
I was at a Jackson Browne concert where he did six encores.

You clearly know much less than you think you do.

But besides that, even the planned encores happen. Just like Gonzalez' record should have happened in KC.

Maybe I do, but I do know a lot more about these things than you ever will.
There is no "should have" in sports. That is why we play the games, and it separates the class of the league from everyone else.

Mojo Jojo
07-07-2009, 06:49 PM
... And speaking of planned encores... you do realize that TG and the Chiefs had a little celebration planned that Herm blew off?

Yes, yes I do...saw it on Friday...when did you see it. Also saw the Walter Payton salute to Marcus long before it aired at Arrowhead. When did you see that?

orange
07-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Yes, yes I do...saw it on Friday...when did you see it.

I didn't ... here in Denver. I would have seen it on the game broadcast if Herm had let it happen, like the rest of the NFL fans in America would have. Like the celebration for Terrell Davis breaking 2000 yds. long after that game was in doubt.

FAX
07-07-2009, 06:55 PM
I saw Elvis Costello a while back. He came back for an encore and I finally left after his 8th song. I think he probably played a two hour encore. You don't plan for that, man.

Sometimes, the lighting guy just has to roll with the punches.

FAX

Bugeater
07-07-2009, 06:57 PM
According to players across the league, Herm is a great coach to play for. Now, having that said that doesn't mean he's a good head coach because he's proven many times that he sucks at it.

If you're a propowler veteran player, Herm usually takes it easy on you, he probably figures these kinds of players know what it takes to be successful in the league, why practice them hard when they know what to do? He allows 1 days during training camp, that kinda thing, etc.

If you were someone like TG or BW, why wouldn't you like that?
Because it doesn't translate into wins?

Bugeater
07-07-2009, 06:57 PM
And what the fuck is APOH?

Mojo Jojo
07-07-2009, 07:04 PM
I saw Elvis Costello a while back. He came back for an encore and I finally left after his 8th song. I think he probably played a two hour encore. You don't plan for that, man.

Sometimes, the lighting guy just has to roll with the punches.

FAX

I've seen Elivs C. twice and yes he does long encores. It is part of the plan. I am surprised you guys just don't get it . It is entertainment. Concerts are all pre-designed...to make you the buyer feel special. It's just like a lap dance. Once in a great while the artist does something special(i.e. Paul M. singing "Kansas City" at only Arrowhead) but it is practiced during the sound and tech checks several times.

If you have never worked back of house for a show than you are just a customer. Belive me the union will never let the lighting guy roll with the punches and the artist will never want to look bad. All rehearsed.

FAX
07-07-2009, 07:16 PM
I've seen Elivs C. twice and yes he does long encores. It is part of the plan. I am surprised you guys just don't get it . It is entertainment. Concerts are all pre-designed...to make you the buyer feel special. It's just like a lap dance. Once in a great while the artist does something special(i.e. Paul M. singing "Kansas City" at only Arrowhead) but it is practiced during the sound and tech checks several times.

If you have never worked back of house for a show than you are just a customer. Belive me the union will never let the lighting guy roll with the punches and the artist will never want to look bad. All rehearsed.

Thank you for the lesson, Mr. Mojo Jojo.

FAX

bevischief
07-07-2009, 07:19 PM
And may the sting of urine blind thine dullard's eyeballs. Amen.

FAX

ROFLROFLROFL

orange
07-07-2009, 07:20 PM
And what the **** is APOH?

The clues to its meaning are in this very thread.

LaChapelle
07-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Gonzalez May Be Asked To Block More, Catch Less
Posted by Aaron Wilson on July 7, 2009 9:15 PM

When the Atlanta Falcons acquired prolific tight end Tony Gonzalez during the offseason, the immediate assumption around the league was that they planned to heavily feature the 10-time Pro Bowl selection in the passing game.

However, Atlanta offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey made it clear during an interview with the team's official Web site that Gonzalez is also going to be utilized quite as a bit as a blocking presence in the Falcons' run-oriented offense.

"Tony will help our offense in a number of ways," Mularkey said. "One thing he's going to do is that he's a productive blocker and that's important in our offense. . . . As successful as he's been as a receiver, he's a good blocker too and he really doesn't get the credit that he should."

Gonzalez holds the NFL's tight end records with 916 career catches, 10,940 receiving yards and 76 touchdown catches.

And he's one season removed from another ultra-productive season where he hauled in 93 receptions for 1,058 yards and 10 touchdowns.

Glad to be out of Kansas City and now playing for a team that reached the playoffs last season, Gonzalez doesn't seem to mind that his personal statistics might decline in Atlanta.

At this stage of his career, Gonzalez will bypass the glittery numbers for a chance to contend. Gonzalez has never won a playoff game, so he's willing to make a sacrifice.

"Do I think I'll catch 100 balls? I don't have to," Gonzalez said. "This is something we're all going to work together on. I've been fortunate to have such a good career.

"It's not about breaking records and all that stuff. It's about going out there and moving those chains."

Permalink 0 Comments Back to Top

kcxiv
07-07-2009, 07:34 PM
IIRC marcus thought of himself as a chief

He's still af ucking raider first if you ask me. He wasnt close to being great in KC. He was just barely above average by the time he got to KC.

Bugeater
07-07-2009, 07:37 PM
The clues to its meaning are in this very thread.
:doh!:Went right over my head the first time.

Hammock Parties
07-07-2009, 07:55 PM
He's still af ucking raider first if you ask me. He wasnt close to being great in KC. He was just barely above average by the time he got to KC.

Sorry, that's retarded.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-07-2009, 08:36 PM

Okay kids, fill in the blank:

NEVER go full ___________!

Stryker
07-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Piss on Herm. I love it! Whoda thunk?

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Piss on Herm. I love it! Whoda thunk?

Appearantly, I've been creating fine vernacular for weeks now...

Consistent1
07-07-2009, 09:11 PM
The Gonzo threads need to stop. I make the Grigsby jokes and get told to stop talking about guys that aren't on the team. Atlanta does look tough though.

milkman
07-08-2009, 08:38 AM
The Gonzo threads need to stop. I make the Grigsby jokes and get told to stop talking about guys that aren't on the team. Atlanta does look tough though.

Well, you're making jokes about a guy who is about as relevent to the Chiefs as a blank shooter is to a sperm bank.

BarrySPAMAID
07-08-2009, 09:11 AM
Herm on draft day:

Other analyst:

ROFL

Piss on Herm!

YA!!!! Piss on HERM!!!

Mr. Krab
07-08-2009, 09:51 AM
Gonzalez May Be Asked To Block More, Catch LessThis won't go over well with Mr. Supastar.

LMAO

dj56dt58
07-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Herm was a great coach

don't ever..EVER put these 5 words together in the same sentence again..EVER

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-08-2009, 10:31 AM
This won't go over well with Mr. Supastar.

LMAO

I doubt it. He's done with numbers, all he wants now is the Precious.

DeezNutz
07-08-2009, 11:36 AM
I doubt it. He's done with numbers, all he wants now is the Precious.

Is that what he calls the nipple attached to his bottle?

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Is that what he calls the nipple attached to his bottle?

That's his "be-be".