PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Scott Pioli Interview

Mr. Arrowhead
07-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Football season cant get here soon enough

http://www.kctv5.com/video/19982856/index.html

Gonzo
07-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Just from that conversation alone, you get the feeling that there's going to be some severe bitch slappings by KC very soon.

I feel warm and fuzzy.

Scorp
07-08-2009, 09:22 AM
He's no Carl Peterson.

ModSocks
07-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Well, i feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

HemiEd
07-08-2009, 09:29 AM
Can't help but get excited about the future of this team listening to Scott Pioli.

FAX
07-08-2009, 09:38 AM
That's a nice interview. His respect for the "old" Chiefs is really good to see. Completely different attitude compared to what we've been used to seeing. Thanks for posting.

FAX

tomahawk kid
07-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Liked the Len Dawson comment.

It gives me an indication that Scott "gets it".

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Now THAT'S the kind of Kool-Aid I want to hear!

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-08-2009, 09:43 AM
And piss on Carl!

Buehler445
07-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Quick rundown of the interview?
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
07-08-2009, 09:49 AM
i find it hard to believe that we will not eventually be successful under Pioli...he comes across as so grounded and clear-eyed...plus he brings belichecks(sp?) and parcells' brains along for free....

wasi
07-08-2009, 09:50 AM
I found it interesting that the players weren't working hard from the start and that they came around after the offseason program had started.

That to me speaks highly of the job done by Haley and the coaching staff so far. To me it also disproves the speculation his coaching style is just being a hard ass.

the Talking Can
07-08-2009, 09:51 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

nothing specific...most interesting was that he said he regularly talks with belicheck and parcells about football...

more his demeanor than anything...people who know what they want, and why, sound more confident than people who are faking it (carl and herm)....

the Talking Can
07-08-2009, 09:52 AM
I found it interesting that the players weren't working hard from the start and that they came around after the offseason program had started.

That to me speaks highly of the job done by Haley and the coaching staff so far. To me it also disproves the speculation his coaching style is just being a hard ass.

yeah, he said guys would quit early or take days off...wtf? Herm?

talastan
Posted via Mobile Device

This please....Can't access here at work.

Huffman83
I agree the Len Dawson story is cool just because it's kind of a fan boy thing. Like "Holy shit....LEN DAWSON!!!"

Mr. Krab
07-08-2009, 09:53 AM
I thought i was interesting when he talked about how one of the biggest mistakes he could make would be trying to "hurry the process to appease" instead of building a solid foundation to start.

Imo that's the main reason we didn't sign many Free Agents this year. Pioli wants to make sure he knows what he has before moving forward.

petegz28
07-08-2009, 09:55 AM
I love it...."it isn't always talent...it's about execution".....

execution comes from practice....

Herm practiced this team like shit....and it showed on Sunday

Just Passin' By
07-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Strike 5,236!

BigChiefFan
07-08-2009, 09:59 AM
It's night and day between him and Carl. I'm stoked for the upcoming season.

Could you imagine if he actually builds a dynasty here and the Chiefs become a powerhouse?

milkman
07-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

He talks about building a foundation, about his relationship with Parcells, Bellichick and Dimitroff.

He talks about every team having talent and that winning comes down to execution.

He talks about changing the culture.

He tells a story of Dawson winking at him in his introduction interview.

Just a few of the highlights.

Nothing groundbreaking or earth shattering.

milkman
07-08-2009, 10:04 AM

I don't believe that it in any way disproves the speculation that his coaching style is just being a hard ass.

I think it shows that people bought into his message early on.

Huffman83
07-08-2009, 10:05 AM

Could you imagine if he actually builds a dynasty here and the Chiefs become a powerhouse?

I just peed a little.....

talastan
07-08-2009, 10:08 AM

JIMP

Huffman83
07-08-2009, 10:09 AM
JIMP

no....but pretty close. I'm doing my Kiegels though!

milkman
07-08-2009, 10:15 AM

JIMP

KCChiefs_06 and his tongue will be along shortly to clean up.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Strike 5,236!

Wow! That really fits the overall theme of the thread!

If your and idiot.
Anyone can make a mistake. Anyone. We'll see how the Question Mark pans out soon enough.

And piss on you!:p

chiefbowe82
07-08-2009, 10:29 AM
I thought i was interesting when he talked about how one of the biggest mistakes he could make would be trying to "hurry the process to appease" instead of building a solid foundation to start.

Imo that's the main reason we didn't sign many Free Agents this year. Pioli wants to make sure he knows what he has before moving forward.

Although I think just the ones we signed this year will significantly help us. A future qb in cassel, lb upgrades in vrabel/thomas/beisel(also big st upgrade), tyson jackson through the draft could be a nice surprise, mike brown could really help out the secondary, mike goff is a nice ugrade at rg, bobby engram could be a significant playmaker, a new kicker in succop! (thru draft), look for magee to step in(thru draft). almost like we got a new lj by a couple things i've heard

dirk digler
07-08-2009, 10:37 AM
I don't see how anyone can't be excited about the future of this team with Scott leading it.

milkman
07-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Although I think just the ones we signed this year will significantly help us. A future qb in cassel, lb upgrades in vrabel/thomas/beisel(also big st upgrade), tyson jackson through the draft could be a nice surprise, mike brown could really help out the secondary, mike goff is a nice ugrade at rg, bobby engram could be a significant playmaker, a new kicker in succop! (thru draft), look for magee to step in(thru draft). almost like we got a new lj by a couple things i've heard

Why would we want a new LJ, dumbass?

rambleonthruthefog
07-08-2009, 10:45 AM
I don't see how anyone can't be excited about the future of this team with Scott leading it.

do you have any valid points to backup this comment, or do i just not get sarcasm?

chiefbowe82
07-08-2009, 10:48 AM

your right he has had such a great attitude and been so productive the last couple years. Have you even watched the chiefs or are you just that retarted?

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-08-2009, 10:56 AM

I believe he means that LJ has committed himself and is working hard.

milkman
07-08-2009, 10:57 AM
your right he has had such a great attitude and been so productive the last couple years. Have you even watched the chiefs or are you just that retarted?

Listen you dumb****, I want a guy that not only runs the ball effectively, I want a guy who is committed to doing everything he can to help the team win.

I want a guy that can be relied on to catch the ball, a guy that is willing and able to block.

A one dimensional back is just about as ****ing useless as your dumb ass.

BigCatDaddy
07-08-2009, 11:06 AM
[QUOTE=milkman;5887086]I want a guy that not only runs the ball effectively, I want a guy who is committed to doing everything he can to help the team win.

I want a guy that can be relied on to catch the ball, a guy that is willing and able to block.

QUOTE]

So by definition wouldn't that be a new LJ?

CoMoChief
07-08-2009, 11:09 AM
I dont know what to get more excited about.

The future of this team with Pioli

or

Those sexy white legs he was showing off in those gym shorts.

Bill Lundberg
07-08-2009, 11:10 AM
do you have any valid points to backup this comment, or do i just not get sarcasm?

Read it again only slower.

dirk digler
07-08-2009, 11:11 AM

Sorry I am not following you. You are not excited?

milkman
07-08-2009, 11:13 AM
So by definition wouldn't that be a new LJ?

We've heard that he's shown a commitment to working hard in camp, but that commitment is the result of the judgement by an arbitrator that LJ is not owed the money remaining on his contract if he's released.

So LJ's commitment is to money, not the team, so no.

dirk digler
07-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Listen you dumb****, I want a guy that not only runs the ball effectively, I want a guy who is committed to doing everything he can to help the team win.

Maybe LJ has decided to grow up and become that back. Haley has said some pretty nice things about him. Time will tell.

Kerberos
07-08-2009, 12:00 PM

You sport that Avatar around here and you want to know if Sidewinder is a Retard?

:rolleyes:

DaWolf
07-08-2009, 12:08 PM
This please....Can't access here at work.

Just off the top of my head:

Spent some time talking about the transition to KC, saying he feels like he's been here for five years (he said he means that in a good way) and has been way too busy to really sit back and think about things like wow, I'm a GM. Said that only happened once when he was at the intro press conference and as he was answering questions he scans the room and sees Len Dawson giving him a big thumbs up and he says "Wow, that's Len Dawson, one of my childhood heroes."

Said he regularly talks to Parcells, Billy B, Dimitrioff, Jeff Ireland, etc. and is able to gain insight and bounce things off of them. Says Parcells wants to see him succeed and gives him lots of good advice.

Said that he doesn't believe in coming in and just making change for the sake of change and that usually going for the quick turnaround isn't the best way to build for the long term as those tend to fade quickly if you don't have that foundation. He is looking at a more deliberate approach and looking to set up the foundation for a successful franchise over the long term.

Said that really, every single NFL team has the talent to win. What it comes down to is the desire and the want to work hard and put yourself in a position to win. Said that when he and Haley first got the players in here, he noticed a lot of guys would go through grueling workouts and not show up the next day, or only show up for four of the five days, etc. Eventually, they started seeing these guys showing up everyday and committing themselves to working. That was exciting to see, the attitude starting to change slowly.

Said that they are nowhere near done and that there is a lot of work to be done to get the franchise to where it needs to be.

Every time I hear this guy speak I am more and more impressed. And I love that he's always in sweats instead of a suit and tie. He's all about hard work. Now let's hope he knows how to build a football team. But I wouldn't expect miracles this year, it sounds like he's looking to instill that attitude in the franchise and see who we have that can make it here, and then once that's identified, bring in the missing pieces. Everyone wants the big changes this year, but Pioli seems to be thinking two to three years from now as being where this franchise should begin to start rolling...

the Talking Can
07-08-2009, 12:13 PM

Spent some time talking about the transition to KC, saying he feels like he's been here for five years (he said he means that in a good way) and has been way too busy to really sit back and think about things like wow, I'm a GM. Said that only happened once when he was at the intro press conference and as he was answering questions he scans the room and sees Len Dawson giving him a big thumbs up and he says "Wow, that's Len Dawson, one of my childhood heroes."

Said he regularly talks to Parcells, Billy B, Dimitrioff, Jeff Ireland, etc. and is able to gain insight and bounce things off of them. Says Parcells wants to see him succeed and gives him lots of good advice.

Said that he doesn't believe in coming in and just making change for the sake of change and that usually going for the quick turnaround isn't the best way to build for the long term as those tend to fade quickly if you don't have that foundation. He is looking at a more deliberate approach and looking to set up the foundation for a successful franchise over the long term.

Said that really, every single NFL team has the talent to win. What it comes down to is the desire and the want to work hard and put yourself in a position to win. Said that when he and Haley first got the players in here, he noticed a lot of guys would go through grueling workouts and not show up the next day, or only show up for four of the five days, etc. Eventually, they started seeing these guys showing up everyday and committing themselves to working. That was exciting to see, the attitude starting to change slowly.

Said that they are nowhere near done and that there is a lot of work to be done to get the franchise to where it needs to be.

Every time I hear this guy speak I am more and more impressed. And I love that he's always in sweats instead of a suit and tie. He's all about hard work. Now let's hope he knows how to build a football team. But I wouldn't expect miracles this year, it sounds like he's looking to instill that attitude in the franchise and see who we have that can make it here, and then once that's identified, bring in the missing pieces. Everyone wants the big changes this year, but Pioli seems to be thinking two to three years from now as being where this franchise should begin to start rolling...

i was too lazy to type this...but this is a spot on recap...

talastan
07-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Thanks DaWolf!! :thumb: Rep to you!!

chiefbowe82
07-08-2009, 01:47 PM

your right he didn't run us right into the playoffs in 2006

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-08-2009, 02:04 PM
your right he didn't run us right into the playoffs in 2006

Ha-ha, ha-ha, hahahahaha!

You call that happenstance a fucking play off run?! No wonder you have Herm in your avatar; only you and he could find legitimacy in such a ludicrous twist of fate.

"We got here because we played better"!

Hahahahahaha!!!!! Oh, keep em' coming Fail Acolyte!

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-08-2009, 02:05 PM
And piss on Herm!

chiefbowe82
07-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Ha-ha, ha-ha, hahahahaha!

You call that happenstance a ****ing play off run?! No wonder you have Herm in your avatar; only you and he could find legitimacy in such a ludicrous twist of fate.

"We got here because we played better"!

Hahahahahaha!!!!! Oh, keep em' coming Fail Acolyte!

go reread my post i never called it a beautiful playoff run, i have herm in my avatar because it won't let me change it-so go fuck yourself

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-08-2009, 03:14 PM
go reread my post i never called it a beautiful playoff run, i have herm in my avatar because it won't let me change it-so go fuck yourself

You tried to give legitimacy to it; you are FAIL.

chiefs1111
07-08-2009, 03:18 PM
It's nice to have a GM who doesn't sound like a complete dumbass

milkman
07-08-2009, 03:26 PM
go reread my post i never called it a beautiful playoff run, i have herm in my avatar because it won't let me change it-so go **** yourself

You're too stupid to change your avatar?

And you call me retarded?

ROFL

kcxiv
07-08-2009, 03:29 PM
We've heard that he's shown a commitment to working hard in camp, but that commitment is the result of the judgement by an arbitrator that LJ is not owed the money remaining on his contract if he's released.

So LJ's commitment is to money, not the team, so no.

ITs all about the money for the players and it should be. money first, sport 2nd. Its how it works. Your angry ass should know better then that.

DaFace
07-08-2009, 03:29 PM

For what it's worth, there's no server-side reason why you shouldn't be able to change your avatar.

milkman
07-08-2009, 03:36 PM
ITs all about the money for the players and it should be. money first, sport 2nd. Its how it works. Your angry ass should know better then that.

Once he got the money, he should have made a commitment to the team to do everything he can to help this team.

It took the spectre of losing that money to make the appearence of making that commitment.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-08-2009, 04:00 PM
For what it's worth, there's no server-side reason why you shouldn't be able to change your avatar.

Maybe this site would be helpful for him

www.Toostupidtochangeavatar.com

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Maybe this site would be helpful for him

www.Toostupidtochangeavatar.com (http://www.Toostupidtochangeavatar.com)

LMAO

MMXcalibur
07-08-2009, 04:15 PM
For the 09 season, I'm just hoping this new regime will instill a more fiery attitude into the team. Far too often in the previous 2 seasons, I felt the players just sort of accepted losing and wouldn't take the losses personally. Yeah, we sucked, but there was no evidence that the losses were putting a chip on our shoulders. Hopefully with the new attitude and stronger work ethics, this team will develop that chip on their shoulder and come together. Cassell is sounding more and more like he wants to be a leader for this team. If we can find a similiar motivated individual on defense, be it a rookie or veteran, who wants to step up and lead this team, I'd like to think things will improve. Believe me, I'm not expecting miracles and I know the wins will not come immediately. What I am looking for though, is a team being put on the field, regardless of record, that nobody in the NFL wants to play.

DaFace
07-08-2009, 04:18 PM
For the 09 season, I'm just hoping this new regime will instill a more fiery attitude into the team. Far too often in the previous 2 seasons, I felt the players just sort of accepted losing and wouldn't take the losses personally. Yeah, we sucked, but there was no evidence that the losses were putting a chip on our shoulders. Hopefully with the new attitude and stronger work ethics, this team will develop that chip on their shoulder and come together. Cassell is sounding more and more like he wants to be a leader for this team. If we can find a similiar motivated individual on defense, be it a rookie or veteran, who wants to step up and lead this team, I'd like to think things will improve. Believe me, I'm not expecting miracles and I know the wins will not come immediately. What I am looking for though, is a team being put on the field, regardless of record, that nobody in the NFL wants to play.

Pretty much this. The losses were definitely a big part of my frustration last year, but they weren't what caused me to shut a couple games off in the 4th quarter. It was because the players had just given up on the field, and I had no hope that they'd even make it a fight. As long as we're battling to the end this year, I'll be happier than last year.

Otter
07-08-2009, 04:32 PM
It feels really good to have hope in your team again and be enthusiastic and eager to discuss them when football makes it's way into the conversation. I'm not expecting miracles but I finally have faith in the people who are putting the show together once again.

I'm excited for football season for the first time since 2003.

LaChapelle
07-08-2009, 04:32 PM
I believe he means that LJ has committed himself and is working hard.

I believe it has more to do with '06 being a dipshit overall.

edit: I see that later you see that for yourself.

booger
07-08-2009, 05:13 PM
ten minute chat w/ haley too

Mr. Arrowhead
07-08-2009, 05:30 PM

thanks, i wouldnt have checked back

Sure-Oz
07-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Some interesting stuff, made me feel a bit better about them, they aren't robots

Mr. Arrowhead
07-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Haley- "i would love to have 53 Matt Cassels"

wild1
07-08-2009, 05:50 PM
good to get some football news

DaFace
07-08-2009, 06:26 PM

"I think to myself, 'You've got a big job ahead of you.' Now we'll find out if I'm any good."

I do LOVE how both Haley and Pioli are completely realistic in everything. They're optimistic, but simultaneously well-grounded.

aturnis
07-08-2009, 08:09 PM

This is where I think coaching comes in. Herman Edwards was a TERRIBLE coach. TERRIBLE. Not b/c he was a dumbass on Sunday, but b/c he was a dumbass before the season even started.
Herm never made his players run, I never saw a single sprint in training camp. He did nothing to prepare his players, especially not for the fourth quarter. He always said "These men are professional athlete's, their in shape", and yes, they were in better shape than you and I, but what about the other guy across the line of scrimmage who just seemed to want it more? Were they in better shape than him? Not to mention the fact that most of these "men" are still very young, and very raw. They haven't yet learned what it takes to prepare yourself for the NFL physically OR mentally. Herm dropped the ball when he failed to teach them.

Part of the problem with lack of conditioning is that your mind gets tired too, and when you've got nothing left, you make mistakes. Hence the reason this team lost so many in the fourth quarter last year. If you can train them to think and react under exhaustion, it's for all the better. This team will be night and day from last year.

Night

and

Day

Buehler445
07-08-2009, 08:29 PM
This is where I think coaching comes in. Herman Edwards was a TERRIBLE coach. TERRIBLE. Not b/c he was a dumbass on Sunday, but b/c he was a dumbass before the season even started.
Herm never made his players run, I never saw a single sprint in training camp. He did nothing to prepare his players, especially not for the fourth quarter. He always said "These men are professional athlete's, their in shape", and yes, they were in better shape than you and I, but what about the other guy across the line of scrimmage who just seemed to want it more? Were they in better shape than him? Not to mention the fact that most of these "men" are still very young, and very raw. They haven't yet learned what it takes to prepare yourself for the NFL physically OR mentally. Herm dropped the ball when he failed to teach them.

Part of the problem with lack of conditioning is that your mind gets tired too, and when you've got nothing left, you make mistakes. Hence the reason this team lost so many in the fourth quarter last year. If you can train them to think and react under exhaustion, it's for all the better. This team will be night and day from last year.

Good post. The thing that struck me with Pioli was his genuineness. You could watch his eyes and he was looking the interviewer in the face the whole time. No looking away, no fucking dumbass cocky Hermisms. Just the real deal. It has been a LONG LONG LONGASSMOTHERFUCKING time since someone on the staff has spewed anything but miles and miles of bullshit. It was good. He still stuck with not saying much, but he didn't BS. That's a good first step.

Haley sounds.....tired. Man he doesn't speak well. But again, I didn't get the impression that he is full of fucking shit. Like Herm and Gunther. I did like his thoughts on Cassel.

RustShack
07-08-2009, 08:46 PM

I think Zach Thomas has accepted that role, it would be nice if either he holds up every down all year or if it was someone younger... but its still better than what we had last year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 06:17 AM
Haley- "i would love to have 53 Matt Cassels"

No one, myself included, has ever said that Matt Cassel doesn't have a good work ethic.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 06:24 AM
Haley sounds.....tired. Man he doesn't speak well. But again, I didn't get the impression that he is full of fucking shit. Like Herm and Gunther. I did like his thoughts on Cassel.

You'd be tired too. These guys walked in to the equivalent of a Tijuana bar bathroom covered top to bottom in piss and shit, toothbrush and soap in hand, military-style, to clean the motherfucker.

Haley can do all his talking on the sidelines for all I care. I don't need him to show up for pressers with a goofy Herm-look on his face and sing "The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins" to keep me entertained.

Just work and win.

BigRedChief
07-09-2009, 06:42 AM
Can't help but get excited about the future of this team listening to Scott Pioli.
There is no way that the success in NE was all because of Bellicheck. He has to have been a part of the reason for that success.

BarrySPAMAID
07-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Well, i feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

You too huh? Ya, Pioli was my pick from day one when we heard about Carl going bye bye.

This is what I have been saying all along. Scott Pioli is the real deal. This is why I have no worries about Matt Cassel. Pioli is the real "expert", and what he sees in Cassel is all I care about.

Now THAT'S the kind of Kool-Aid I want to hear!

Hold on a second, I'm writing this down.

And piss on Carl!

THIS!!! Co sign, plus one. Make that three times. Thrice piss on Carl.

NOW THIS is the kind of Koolaid we like to hear!! Now your talking!!

THIS is what I have been saying.........

Maybe LJ has decided to grow up and become that back. Haley has said some pretty nice things about him. Time will tell.

I am feeling the same way about LJ. His attitude has been right, he is working hard, and keeping his mouth shut. All good things. Lets see how he does in camp.

I am equally impressed. I will, however say that I seriously doubt that Clark Hunt hired Scott Pioli, and told him not to worry about 2009. Same goes for when Pioli hired Todd Haley. It is possible for a team to rebound in one year, and why not these 2009 Kansas City Chiefs? There is plenty of younger talent that was baptized in experience last year, and when I think about the condition of the AFC west, I consider it wide open. The Donks, or the Faid make me laugh right now, and San Diego will never have it right with Norv Turner.

The Challenge for Haley will be this: He must have the team prepared for the 4th quarter, he must have them in shape, and the mistakes have got to be more minimal. If he can do that, I like his chances.

Don't cash in 2009 CHief fans. Don't do it. Don't let any writer, any other person, NOBODY make you believe that this young team wont be better this year. They will be better than everyone thinks. Write that down too while your at it. Now drink up, and get excited about your football team. You have plenty of reasons.

FAX
07-09-2009, 10:42 AM
If there's such a thing as Virtual Type II Diabetes, Mr. BarrysKOOLAID is a carrier.

I just watched the Haley interview and it's true that you can get a sense of a cultural change at Arrowhead from the demeanor of Pioli and Haley. It's a strange mixture of confidence and humility ... respect for their positions and realism about the job ahead.

We have come a long, long way since the days of Carl and Herm. You just get a sense that things are very, very different. More of a blue-collar mentality. Now, it will be interesting to see how much of that new attitude translates to the field.

FAX

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 10:49 AM
If there's such a thing as Virtual Type II Diabetes, Mr. BarrysKOOLAID is a carrier.

I just watched the Haley interview and it's true that you can get a sense of a cultural change at Arrowhead from the demeanor of Pioli and Haley. It's a strange mixture of confidence and humility ... respect for their positions and realism about the job ahead.

We have come a long, long way since the days of Carl and Herm. You just get a sense that things are very, very different. More of a blue-collar mentality. Now, it will be interesting to see how much of that new attitude translates to the field.

FAX

Mr. BarrysKOOLAID is much like a small child with a 3ft Pixie Stick in his boundless energy for all things Arrowhead.:D

Mr. Arrowhead
07-09-2009, 10:51 AM
i hate to say it, but nice to have someone on this board like barrykoolaid, he even things out from the negative nancies

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 11:04 AM
i hate to say it, but nice to have someone on this board like barrykoolaid, he even things out from the negative nancies

Agreed. But you have to admit, there have been many reasons and many a loss to instill such an outlook.

You can't do 40 years of no Super Bowl appearance, 26 years since drafting a first-round QB, come in and pull a very Carl-like move in acquiring Cassel, and not expect to see more than a few fans taking a skeptical outlook until positive results are achieved.

There are people who have been following this team from the beginning, and there are people who've been waiting and waiting and waiting 40 years to see this franchise win another Championship.
I don't have that kind of time, and I'm not going to do it. I don't live surrounded by Chiefs fans in KC anymore; my loyalty has a time-table and a price. I'm not going to walk around the great big world outside of KC wearing the jersey of a loser, so the new regime needs to get it done.

And that's it.

Lzen
07-09-2009, 11:26 AM

That says a lot about Herm and Co. :shake:

SAUTO
07-09-2009, 11:27 AM
I don't have that kind of time, and I'm not going to do it. I don't live surrounded by Chiefs fans in KC anymore; my loyalty has a time-table and a price. I'm not going to walk around the great big world outside of KC wearing the jersey of a loser, so the new regime needs to get it done.

And that's it.

buy you another jersey, fair weather fan

Mr. Arrowhead
07-09-2009, 11:39 AM

And that's it.

wow this is perfect definition of a fair weather fan

the Talking Can
07-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Agreed. But you have to admit, there have been many reasons and many a loss to instill such an outlook.

You can't do 40 years of no Super Bowl appearance, 26 years since drafting a first-round QB, come in and pull a very Carl-like move in acquiring Cassel, and not expect to see more than a few fans taking a skeptical outlook until positive results are achieved.

There are people who have been following this team from the beginning, and there are people who've been waiting and waiting and waiting 40 years to see this franchise win another Championship.

And that's it.

and now it all makes sense, a drive by fan.......

BigCatDaddy
07-09-2009, 11:50 AM

And that's it.

Any bets on who his new team is going to be? Raiders perhaps?

Mr. Arrowhead
07-09-2009, 11:51 AM
it will change yearly

SAUTO
07-09-2009, 11:52 AM

j e t s JETS JETS JETS, he's a sanchez ball washer

MMXcalibur
07-09-2009, 11:55 AM
my loyalty has a time-table and a price. I'm not going to walk around the great big world outside of KC wearing the jersey of a loser, so the new regime needs to get it done.

And that's it.

I haven't followed your posts, so I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.....but..........what douchebaggery is this?

Granted, it's a different sport, but when the Penguins won the Stanley Cup this past season, it was that much more sweeter experience because of those handful of miserable years I mired through in the middle of the decade when Pittsburgh was the punching bag of the NHL. Every time the Chiefs shit themselves or go through a season like last season, you have to suck it up and tell yourself it'll get better. The mistakes and futility make the experience of success (and it will come...) that much more sweeter.

Lzen
07-09-2009, 11:57 AM
Ok, what did I miss? Must be someone I have on ignore.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 12:10 PM
wow this is perfect definition of a fair weather fan

and now it all makes sense, a drive by fan.......

You can call it whatever the fuck you want. I happen to love the game of football, pure and simple.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 12:12 PM
And I'll be damned if I'm going sing "Stand By Your Man" to Scott Fucking Pioli for 10 to 19 years if he can't build a Championship Team.

But hey, if you want to do another round of the "Peterson Shuffle" for a good portion of your life; don't let me stand in your way.

Lzen
07-09-2009, 12:24 PM
Rats in the Rectum isnt a true fan, he is only here to post whore.

ROFL Rats in the Rectum? ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 12:31 PM
ROR isnt a true fan.You got that shit right, cum for brains.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Rats in the Rectum isnt a true fan, he is only here to post whore.

that funny as hell, rep for you

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Come on True Fan Losers; you can rattle your pathetic cages better than that.

BigCatDaddy
07-09-2009, 12:45 PM

Does someone need a timeout?

wasi
07-09-2009, 12:47 PM
And I'll be damned if I'm going sing "Stand By Your Man" to Scott ****ing Pioli for 10 to 19 years if he can't build a Championship Team.

But hey, if you want to do another round of the "Peterson Shuffle" for a good portion of your life; don't let me stand in your way.

Other than being an employee of the Chiefs, what does Scott Pioli have to do with Carl Peterson or anything that has happened in the past 40 years that has made you so embarrased to be a Chiefs fan. Your thinking makes no sense here.

SAUTO
07-09-2009, 12:48 PM

true fan losers? more like non-fair weather fans. REAL FANS IMO stick it out through EVERYTHING. it's about the team. go somewhere else raised in rectums

SAUTO
07-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Other than being an employee of the Chiefs, what does Scott Pioli have to do with Carl Peterson or anything that has happened in the past 40 years that has made you so embarrased to be a Chiefs fan. Your thinking makes no sense here.

his thinking almost NEVER makes any sense

the Talking Can
07-09-2009, 12:49 PM
And I'll be damned if I'm going sing "Stand By Your Man" to Scott ****ing Pioli for 10 to 19 years if he can't build a Championship Team.

you're a poser

it's ok, lots of people are fickle like you....it explains everything about you, the thin skin, the stupidity, the general clueless-ness, the douchebaggery...classic signs of part time fans..

you should root for USC, it's a lot more fun I hear.....

SAUTO
07-09-2009, 12:51 PM
you're a poser

it's ok, lots of people are fickle like you....it explains everything about you, the thin skin, the stupidity, the general clueless-ness, the douchebaggery...classic signs of part time fans..

ROFL

L.A. Chieffan
07-09-2009, 12:54 PM
ill talk all the shit about my team that i want because thats precisely what they are. MY team. I'm still gonna wear the jerseys and the hats and watch the games and buy the mcfarlanes etc.etc. but when they do something that i dont like, (which has been the story since i was born) i have every right to bash them freely.

p.s. and bash the people that think they can do no wrong freely

DaFace
07-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Wow...suddenly it all makes sense.

Simply Red
07-09-2009, 12:58 PM
ill talk all the shit about my team that i want because thats precisely what they are. MY team. I'm still gonna wear the jerseys and the hats and watch the games and buy the mcfarlanes etc.etc. but when they do something that i dont like, (which has been the story since i was born) i have every right to bash them freely.

p.s. and bash the people that think they can do no wrong freely

is that Salvador Dali's car?

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Does someone need a timeout?

Does someone want to try and give me one?

Go take your butthurt somewhere else.

Go fuck yourself.

L.A. Chieffan
07-09-2009, 01:00 PM
is that Salvador Dali's car?

jesus sr, i mean marcus, what the hell whould salavador dali be doing driving a car?

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 01:03 PM
you're a poser

You should really kiss my ass. You're the one whose stances have ebbed and flowed with the wind, not me.
And in fact, it was YOU along with a few others who got me in to this mind set to begin with, so why don't you take your hypocrisy and shove it right up your ass Talking Clap, you worthless bag of shit.

BigCatDaddy
07-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Does someone want to try and give me one?

Go **** yourself.

The only thing rattled now is you man. Deep breaths into the paperbag dude, deep breaths.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 01:04 PM

What part of "not a true fan" did you not read or understand for the last six months?

DaFace
07-09-2009, 01:10 PM
What part of "not a true fan" did you not read or understand for the last six months?

I believe you're confused about what it means to be a "true fan." There's a big difference between being a true fan and being a committed fan.

BarrySPAMAID
07-09-2009, 01:14 PM

FAX

Take a look at the little "mini fridge" on my profile. You'd probably laugh your ass off . The packets say " Caffeine Addict " for a reason. The good news, is that I gave up smoking recently. That means my super powers are returning. :clap:

Mr. BarrysKOOLAID is much like a small child with a 3ft Pixie Stick in his boundless energy for all things Arrowhead.:D

Ya, that plus a high dose of " WERE GONNE BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF YOU, AND YOU, AND YOU, AND YOU YOU YOU !!!!!

Thanks. I too, am sick of the sky falling. This franchise rules the sports world. There is nothing ANYBODY can do about it either!!:D

And that's it.

RoR, .....you have plenty of time. The Chiefs will always be your team. I hope so at least....

I know, I just got here, sorry. lol

Bill Lundberg
07-09-2009, 01:14 PM
I believe you're confused about what it means to be a "true fan." There's a big difference between being a true fan and being a committed fan.

Don't forget the fan who should be "Committed"

beach tribe
07-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Thank you sooo much Clark Hunt. No BS in that interview. Carl, and Herm were Total BS.

This guy is the best acquisition made by this org. in the last 30 yrs.

Man crush on Pioli.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 01:19 PM

I see no difference. None at all.

I tuned out Gunther's second year and Vermeil's era altogether. Didn't watch one single game.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-09-2009, 01:24 PM
yup agreed, there's a big difference from "im not gonna wear their gear until they provide a winner" and being fair about it, riding the high and low times, but be able to criticize and cheer the franchise you love.

DeezNutz
07-09-2009, 01:26 PM

Yes, we could use more of these:

http://www.theodoresworld.net/pics/1108/BaghdadBobImage34.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 01:27 PM
yup agreed, there's a big difference from "im not gonna wear their gear until they provide a winner" and being fair about it, riding the high and low times, but be able to criticize and cheer the franchise you love.

I've got a Flowers jersey, I wear the gear. But I'm not doing another long-term "complacency-run" with management.

Get it done or get out.

rad
07-09-2009, 01:33 PM

That's because you're a fair weather motherfucker.

I tuned out Gunther's second year and Vermeil's era altogether. Didn't watch one single game.

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 01:36 PM
That's because you're a fair weather motherfucker.

LMAO

Field a product worth my interest and money. I'm in the hope-zone like everyone else, but my patience is much shorter.

rad
07-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Field a product worth my interest and money. I'm in the hope-zone like everyone else, but my patience is much shorter.

Fair enough....I have more patience than most people I know IRL, plus I didn't have to suffer through the 80's.

BigCatDaddy
07-09-2009, 01:43 PM

SO WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE THEN????????????? WAS THE FREIGHT TRAIN THAT ROLLED OVER THE NFL THAT LAST FEW YEARS BETTER THEN THOSE ERA'S?

FAX
07-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Wow. Mr. Raised On Rats isn't even a Chiefs fan.

Why are you here then, Mr. Raised On Rats? Why not go ahead and declare which team(s) to which you are actually loyal? There are faider fans and goat fans and bolt fans and pats fans and seahawk fans on this board, so it's okay.

FAX

DeezNutz
07-09-2009, 01:53 PM
WAS THE FREIGHT TRAIN THAT ROLLED OVER THE NFL THAT LAST FEW YEARS BETTER THEN THOSE ERA'S?

That's a decent question.

I thoroughly disliked Grandpa as a coach, but he's unquestionably more talented than Herm.

Kyle DeLexus
07-09-2009, 02:00 PM

Why are you here then, Mr. Raised On Rats? Why not go ahead and declare which team(s) to which you are actually loyal? There are faider fans and goat fans and bolt fans and pats fans and seahawk fans on this board, so it's okay.

FAX

I bet he goes with the Cards. They are in his area and they made the Superbowl AND drafted a QB in the 1st round recently....they are perfect for him.

SAUTO
07-09-2009, 02:04 PM
That's a decent question.

I thoroughly disliked Grandpa as a coach, but he's unquestionably more talented than Herm.

and the TEAMS were better, had a better chance of doing something...

the Talking Can
07-09-2009, 02:04 PM

you're not even a fan then

you're just an random douchebag...christ, your opinion on the Chiefs is less relevant than Herm's....

why would a non-fan hang out on a team's message board and pretend to be a fan?

SAUTO
07-09-2009, 02:06 PM

you sir are NOT A FAN, fuck real, true, dumbass, there's a new catagory. the NOT A FAN catagory with president raised in rectums

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 02:07 PM
SO WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE THEN????????????? WAS THE FREIGHT TRAIN THAT ROLLED OVER THE NFL THAT LAST FEW YEARS BETTER THEN THOSE ERA'S?

It certainly wasn't fun, but it was a way to connect with home while having a few beers on Sunday.

I've tried to make this point a million times to a million people, but no one seems to get it:

When you live in KC, or you live in a State that doesn't have a pro football team so you've ADOPTED the Chiefs as your team, it's easy as fuck to walk around with your gear on, commiserate with your fellow fans, and keep saying "next year" when everything falls apart or goes to shit.
When you're out of that environment; it get's...fucking...OLD.

So though the Chiefs have been my first pro team and will continue to be so, I'm not going to put up with any bullshit from them if I see them begin to slip or make questionable decisions after this current Grace Period is up.

These guys need to go in one direction; up. That's it. No excuses.

FAX
07-09-2009, 02:07 PM
I bet he goes with the Cards. They are in his area and they made the Superbowl AND drafted a QB in the 1st round recently....they are perfect for him.

Maybe.

It's actually kind of cool, though. Mr. Raised On Rats first outs himself as a total idiot and world-class moron. Now he outs himself as a non-fan. Given sufficient time, there's really no telling what he'll eventually and inadvertently admit to.

FAX

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 02:08 PM
you're not even a fan then

you're just an random douchebag...christ, your opinion on the Chiefs is less relevant than Herm's....

why would a non-fan hang out on a team's message board and pretend to be a fan?

That's it; you and your fucking Herm Lip are outta' here.

Bye.

MMXcalibur
07-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Maybe.

It's actually kind of cool, though. Mr. Raised On Rats first outs himself as a total idiot and world-class moron. Now he outs himself as a non-fan. Given sufficient time, there's really no telling what he'll eventually and inadvertently admit to.

FAX

NTTAWWT :spock:

seclark
07-09-2009, 02:11 PM
That's it; you and your ****ing Herm Lip are outta' here.

Bye.

uh oh...he's slapping the old ignore on people again.
sec

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 02:12 PM
uh oh...he's slapping the old ignore on people again.
sec

It's a beautiful, beautiful thing that add-on.

FAX
07-09-2009, 02:13 PM
You again display a form of ignorance that is rare but powerful. A lot of Chiefs fans don't live in the Midwest, Mr. Raised On Rats. In fact, the Chiefs have had season ticket holders in some 48 states simultaneously. I, for example, live in a city that couldn't care less about the Chiefs. It's difficult, but if you love your team, you stick with them through thick and thin.

Now. Which team is it that you really like and why?

FAX

Sweet Daddy Hate

FAX

:spock:

seclark
It's a beautiful, beautiful thing that add-on.

sorry...can't read that. you're on ignore:rolleyes:
sec

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 02:14 PM
You again display a form of ignorance that is rare but powerful. A lot of Chiefs fans don't live in the Midwest, Mr. Raised On Rats. In fact, the Chiefs have had season ticket holders in some 48 states simultaneously. I, for example, live in a city that couldn't care less about the Chiefs. It's difficult, but if you love your team, you stick with them through thick and thin.

Now. Which team is it that you really like and why?

FAX

I like football, Mr. FUX.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 02:15 PM
sorry...can't read that. you're on ignore:rolleyes:
sec

Annnnnd Goodbye.

seclark
07-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Annnnnd Goodbye.

ROFL you sure are a funny little guy.
sec

FAX
07-09-2009, 02:17 PM
I like football, Mr. FUX.

Okay. That's fair enough and well stated. Clear and concise.

So ... why are you hanging out on a Chiefs board? Since your allegiance is to the game of football alone, it seems that any generic board would do. Or, alternatively, another team's board. Why here?

FAX

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 02:18 PM
He's going to be all alone and in bad company...

All of my detractors in one fell swoop; this plan has worked marvelously.

Buehler445
07-09-2009, 02:19 PM
It certainly wasn't fun, but it was a way to connect with home while having a few beers on Sunday.

I've tried to make this point a million times to a million people, but no one seems to get it:

When you live in KC, or you live in a State that doesn't have a pro football team so you've ADOPTED the Chiefs as your team, it's easy as fuck to walk around with your gear on, commiserate with your fellow fans, and keep saying "next year" when everything falls apart or goes to shit.
When you're out of that environment; it get's...fucking...OLD.

So though the Chiefs have been my first pro team and will continue to be so, I'm not going to put up with any bullshit from them if I see them begin to slip or make questionable decisions after this current Grace Period is up.

That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard. I live in BFE nebraska. The only thing these fuckers care about is NU football.

I've watched or listened to every game of the Herm, Vermiel, and Gunther era.

Not liking a team because you don't live there anymore is fucking weak sauce dude.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
07-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Fair enough....I have more patience than most people I know IRL, plus I didn't have to suffer through the 80's.

I can understand RoR's lack of patience and frustration, but I can't undersrand the idea that one can just tune the team out.

I have been a fan from the beginning, and I have been through the 80s, and I hated Marty, Cunther, Dick and Herman fucking Edwards, and haven't been pleased with, I don't know, 75% of the decisions and moves that the Chiefs have made since Hank was fired.

But I'm stil tuning in, and will continue to tune in until the day they are shoveling dirt over my cold dead body.

FAX
07-09-2009, 02:25 PM
That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard. I live in BFE nebraska. The only thing these ****ers care about is NU football.

I've watched or listened to every game of the Herm, Vermiel, and Gunther era.

Not liking a team because you don't live there anymore is ****ing weak sauce dude.
Posted via Mobile Device

We have to remember that Mr. Raised On Rats is weak-minded and suffers from a very severe case of both inferiority and sexual identity confusion, Mr. Buehler445. It is a volatile combination which I'm sure the doctors at the facility are treating to the best of their ability. I do wish, however, they would limit his time on the lounge computer.

FAX

milkman
07-09-2009, 02:25 PM

When you live in KC, or you live in a State that doesn't have a pro football team so you've ADOPTED the Chiefs as your team, it's easy as **** to walk around with your gear on, commiserate with your fellow fans, and keep saying "next year" when everything falls apart or goes to shit.
When you're out of that environment; it get's...****ing...OLD.

Uh.....I live in Raider/9er territory, and I have never found it getting old, even after 25+ years.

That is weak Riot.

FAX
07-09-2009, 02:27 PM
I can understand RoR's lack of patience and frustration, but I can't undersrand the idea that one can just tune the team out.

I have been a fan from the beginning, and I have been through the 80s, and I hated Marty, ****her, Dick and Herman ****ing Edwards, and haven't been pleased with, I don't know, 75% of the decisions and moves that the Chiefs have made since Hank was fired.

But I'm stil tuning in, and will continue to tune in until the day they are shoveling dirt over my cold dead body.

And that's the way most Chiefs fans are, Mr. milkman. It's the way we were raised. To suffer and die.

I do not believe that any person can truthfully call themselves a "Chiefs fan" who doesn't fully subscribe to those tenets.

FAX

DaFace
07-09-2009, 02:29 PM
I have to say, one of my favorite Planet phenomenon is when a thread is just toodlin' along and someone says something that throws it in a whole new (and often more entertaining) direction.

SAUTO
07-09-2009, 02:29 PM

When you live in KC, or you live in a State that doesn't have a pro football team so you've ADOPTED the Chiefs as your team, it's easy as **** to walk around with your gear on, commiserate with your fellow fans, and keep saying "next year" when everything falls apart or goes to shit.
When you're out of that environment; it get's...****ing...OLD.

I dont live in KC. i still wear all my team stuff, even after,GASP, losses

DaFace
07-09-2009, 02:31 PM
Oh, and I don't live in KC.

SAUTO
07-09-2009, 02:31 PM

I have been a fan from the beginning, and I have been through the 80s, and I hated Marty, Cunther, Dick and Herman fucking Edwards, and haven't been pleased with, I don't know, 75% of the decisions and moves that the Chiefs have made since Hank was fired.

great post milky, great fucking post. i am the exact same way

seclark
07-09-2009, 02:32 PM
I have to say, one of my favorite Planet phenomenon is when a thread is just toodlin' along and someone says something that throws it in a whole new (and often more entertaining) direction.

that, plus ror going ape shit and pissing razor blades is icing on the cake.
sec
edit to add i don't live in kc

SAUTO
07-09-2009, 02:32 PM
And that's the way most Chiefs fans are, Mr. milkman. It's the way we were raised. To suffer and die.

I do not believe that any person can truthfully call themselves a "Chiefs fan" who doesn't fully subscribe to those tenets.

FAX

thats why he cant call himself that here anymore. we all know the truth

FAX
07-09-2009, 02:35 PM
I dont live in KC. i still wear all my team stuff, even after,GASP, losses

That absurd post was merely an extreme case of reaching for any excuse to explain away the non-fan status to which he inadvertently admitted, Mr. JASONSAUTO. He is, I'm sure, currently searching the internet for additional justifications which might be employed in similar cases.

The facts are clear; A) Mr. Raised On Rats is a big chicken, B) Mr. Raised On Rats is not a Chiefs fan, and C) Mr. Raised On Rats has difficulty with simple tasks.

FAX

DeezNutz
07-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Riots, what is the etymology of your username?

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Okay. That's fair enough and well stated. Clear and concise.

So ... why are you hanging out on a Chiefs board? Since your allegiance is to the game of football alone, it seems that any generic board would do. Or, alternatively, another team's board. Why here?

FAX

I have a 20 year tie to the City, Mr. FUX. I also remember when the Chiefs used to play great football, great defense. I'd like to see that again.
I'd better see that again.
You'd be surprised how easy it is to just bow out after a string of play off losses, your favorite player dies, and you get Gunther as your new head coach.
It took me a long time to even care again, and Herm didn't make it any easier. But like I said, I was away from home for the last time, and I knew I wasn't coming back to KC to live full time again; that part of my life is over.
But watching the Chiefs was always a lot of fun for me and my friends pre-Gunther, so I decided to give the franchise another go. I hope they're successful.

SAUTO
07-09-2009, 02:43 PM
I have a 20 year tie to the City, Mr. FUX. I also remember when the Chiefs used to play great football, great defense. I'd like to see that again.
You'd be surprised how easy it is to just bow out after a string of play off losses, your favorite player dies, and you get Gunther as your new head coach.
It took me a long time to even care again, and Herm didn't make it any easier. But like I said, I was away from home for the last time, and I knew I wasn't coming back to KC to live full time again; that part of my life is over.
But watching the Chiefs was always a lot of fun for me and my friends pre-Gunther, so I decided to give the franchise another go. I hope they're successful.

FUCK YOU ASSHOLE. everyong here was around when all that happened. no one else abandoned this team. we are all suprised how easy it is for YOU to say these things and we all know EXACTLY what kind of fan you are. the NOT A FAN.

edit will someone PLEASE quote this so he has to see it?

FAX
07-09-2009, 02:44 PM

A lucid response. My compliments. The medications must be working and this is good news.

I can completely understand how you feel. The thing is that all Chiefs fans - ALL of them - have endured the same things you mention; Gunther, losses, Herm, etc. Yet, Chiefs fans continue to stay loyal to the team. Bizarre though it may be, it is how we are. No real Chiefs fan can simply turn away from the team, you see. We have to watch with horror every awful, embarrassing moment of every horrific game of every disappointing and humiliating season. That's what being a Chiefs fan is all about.

FAX

BigCatDaddy
07-09-2009, 02:44 PM
**** YOU ASSHOLE. everyong here was around when all that happened. no one else abandoned this team. we are all suprised how easy it is for YOU to say these things and we all know EXACTLY what kind of fan you are. the NOT A FAN.

edit will someone PLEASE quote this so he has to see it?

Sure.

FAX
07-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Be careful there Fax the Troll might put you on iggy...

He is my nemesis. Nemesiseses don't put each other on iggy, Mr. Buzz. It's in the code.

FAX

seclark
07-09-2009, 02:47 PM
He is my nemesis. Nemesiseses don't put each other on iggy, Mr. Buzz. It's in the code.

FAX

if they do, they're a nemesissy.
sec

FAX
07-09-2009, 02:50 PM
I should also think that Mr. Raised On Rats' bet with Mr. doomy3 be declared null and void.

It's simply unfair. Mr. doomy3 was, at the time the bet was joined, under the impression that Mr. Raised On Rats was a Chiefs fan and that, as such, departure from the board represented some form of value. This, clearly, is not the case.

FAX

BigCatDaddy
07-09-2009, 02:50 PM

FAX

I think you need to get a better nemessis. I mean Rats in Rectums is like Cheetah level from the Superfriends. You should upgrade. I think you could handle someone at least at a Solomon Grundy level.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 02:54 PM
A lucid response. My compliments. The medications must be working and this is good news.

I can completely understand how you feel. The thing is that all Chiefs fans - ALL of them - have endured the same things you mention; Gunther, losses, Herm, etc. Yet, Chiefs fans continue to stay loyal to the team. Bizarre though it may be, it is how we are. No real Chiefs fan can simply turn away from the team, you see. We have to watch with horror every awful, embarrassing moment of every horrific game of every disappointing and humiliating season. That's what being a Chiefs fan is all about.

FAX

I don't think you ever really turn away( I didn't obviously ), but there CAN come a point where you can put it aside for a while, especially if you have other things in your life that demand your immediate attention and, if you just "can't take it anymore" so-to speak.
People do this all the time. People sure as hell did under Herm!

Phone Call:

"Would you like to renew your sea"-

"NO"!(slams phone).

:shrug:

FAX
07-09-2009, 02:54 PM
I think you need to get a better nemessis. I mean Rats in Rectums is like Cheetah level from the Superfriends. You should upgrade. I think you could handle someone at least at a Solomon Grundy level.

Your confidence in me is humbling, Mr. BigCatDaddy. If it's all the same to you, though, I'd like to stay with Mr. Raised On Rats for now. Then, you know, work my way up.

He's no Lex Luthor, that's for sure. Still, Mr. Mxyzptlk could be a real pain in the ass.

FAX

ct
07-09-2009, 02:55 PM

There used to be a hard line philosophy around here, "Don't Feed the Trolls!" It's obvious that's been long forgotten/ignored, as it seems more fun nowadays to just pester the shit out of the idiots. I'll offer my opinion it's this attitude that creates about 50% of the clutter fukin mess around here. Stop feeding the attention whores and they will either go away, or quickly banned and shut down. Then perhaps us TRUE, COMMITTED FANS can move on with a promising new era of Chiefs football.

DeezNutz
07-09-2009, 02:58 PM
I should also think that Mr. Raised On Rats' bet with Mr. doomy3 be declared null and void.

It's simply unfair. Mr. doomy3 was, at the time the bet was joined, under the impression that Mr. Raised On Rats was a Chiefs fan and that, as such, departure from the board represented some form of value. This, clearly, is not the case.

FAX

Last week I encouraged ROR to drop this stupid bet with doomy, and I continue to believe it would be the right thing to do, for handful of reasons actually.

Kyle DeLexus
07-09-2009, 02:58 PM
I don't think you ever really turn away( I didn't obviously ), but there CAN come a point where you can put it aside for a while, especially if you have other things in your life that demand your immediate attention and, if you just "can't take it anymore" so-to speak.
People do this all the time. People sure as hell did under Herm!

Phone Call:

"Would you like to renew your sea"-

"NO"!(slams phone).

:shrug:

BIG difference in not renewing season tickets and I tuned out Gunther's second year and Vermeil's era altogether. Didn't watch one single game

BigCatDaddy
07-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Your confidence in me is humbling, Mr. BigCatDaddy. If it's all the same to you, though, I'd like to stay with Mr. Raised On Rats for now. Then, you know, work my way up.

He's no Lex Luthor, that's for sure. Still, Mr. Mxyzptlk could be a real pain in the ass.

FAX

I think Rats has done tapped out in this thread. Game, set, match to Mr. Fax.

BigCatDaddy
07-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Last week I encouraged ROR to drop this stupid bet with doomy, and I continue to believe it would be the right thing to do, for handful of reasons actually.

What was the bet?

DeezNutz
07-09-2009, 03:00 PM
What was the bet?

IP ban.

Based on who will have more total yards, Cassel or Sanchez

Kyle DeLexus
07-09-2009, 03:02 PM
IP ban.

depending on what QB does better. Ratatouille took Sanchez and Doomey took Cassel.

SAUTO
07-09-2009, 03:02 PM
IP ban.

Wager: who will have more total yards, Cassel or Sanchez.

yep and doomy has a lot more to lose we all know now. the bet SHOULD be off.

BigCatDaddy
07-09-2009, 03:03 PM
IP ban.

Hell no. Keep that bet. Glasschez won't play 8 games.

FAX
07-09-2009, 03:04 PM

So far as I'm concerned, it's between them. However, I wouldn't hold it against Mr. doomy3 for one NY second if he decided to forego the wager. I don't think he really understood that Mr. Raised On Rats wouldn't give two damns about the Chiefs or this board unless the medications were perfectly tuned and that's just temporary at best.

FAX

FAX
07-09-2009, 03:05 PM

Well ... that's a point. Still, I don't think the bet was made with all the relevant information on the table, you know?

FAX

SAUTO
07-09-2009, 03:13 PM
So far as I'm concerned, it's between them. However, I wouldn't hold it against Mr. doomy3 for one NY second if he decided to forego the wager. I don't think he really understood that Mr. Raised On Rats wouldn't give two damns about the Chiefs or this board unless the medications were perfectly tuned and that's just temporary at best.

FAX

i agree here, rectums wasnt entirely truthful.

Kyle DeLexus
07-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Honesly, I doubt Doomy cares. I think he just wants Ratatouille gone

ChiTown
07-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Why is Raised on Rectal juices still allowed to post here? Seriously, is there ONE sane person that wants him around. He's a douche of planetary proportions.

FAX
07-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Why is Raised on Rectal juices still allowed to post here? Seriously, is there ONE sane person that wants him around. He's a douche of planetary proportions.

I've said this before, but I think he could be a great poster. I mean, he is clever and intelligent and highly creative. It's a shame he chose the dark path.

FAX

Mr. Arrowhead
if the dick vermiel era caused ROR not to watch at all, then he has some real seriously issues. Because when it comes down to it, its just a game. Yes we love it and crave for it, but for someone to get so angry that he just ignores them completely is pretty childish.

Titty Meat
So Raised on Riots isn't even a Chiefs fan?

Titty Meat
07-09-2009, 03:47 PM
if the dick vermiel era caused ROR not to watch at all, then he has some real seriously issues. Because when it comes down to it, its just a game. Yes we love it and crave for it, but for someone to get so angry that he just ignores them completely is pretty childish.

IMO the Dick Vermiel era was fun to watch

Calcountry
07-09-2009, 03:49 PM
your right he didn't run us right into the playoffs in 2006I love your avvvy. BTW, who the fug is it?

FAX
07-09-2009, 03:51 PM
There used to be a hard line philosophy around here, "Don't Feed the Trolls!" It's obvious that's been long forgotten/ignored, as it seems more fun nowadays to just pester the shit out of the idiots. I'll offer my opinion it's this attitude that creates about 50% of the clutter fukin mess around here. Stop feeding the attention whores and they will either go away, or quickly banned and shut down. Then perhaps us TRUE, COMMITTED FANS can move on with a promising new era of Chiefs football.

Excellent point, Mr. ct. I apologize if I've inadvertently contributed to a worser ChiefsPlanet than is absolutely necessary.

On the other hand, when I first found this place and before I began posting and stuff, I recall seeing some trollish posters getting a pretty good beating. Like that guy who went after Mr. Iowanian out of the blue, for instance ... the "hooook" guy. There were others, too.

Anyhow, if I've done anything to diminish the Planet experience for you, I apologize sincerely. You are one of the great posters on this board and I would hate to think I played any part in ruining it for you. Just say the word and Mr. Raised On Rats goes on iggy. Then, if you want to call me a nemesissy, that's okay.

FAX

Skip Towne
07-09-2009, 04:02 PM
It is very noble of Doomy to take such a risk for us. We all owe him.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 04:03 PM
BIG difference in not renewing season tickets and

It's a difference I can live with.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 04:04 PM
What was the bet?

Buh-Bye.:evil:

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 04:07 PM

Before we part ways, would mind you explaining to me what a "real seriously issue" is?

Jethopper
07-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Being super ghey is one RoR

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Being super ghey is one RoR

Dude, no matter what I say or do, your avatar =

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/ghey0meter-2.gif

milkman
07-09-2009, 05:22 PM
IMO the Dick Vermiel era was fun to watch

Not if your favorite side of the ball is defense.

Dick sucked ass.

Buehler445
07-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Not if your favorite side of the ball is defense.

Dick sucked ass.

As rediculous as it may seem, Herm sucked more ass.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
07-09-2009, 05:25 PM

Why Glasschez?

I think you're wrong.

Sanchez is going to be a top tier QB in the NFL.
However, I don't think he'll put up more yards this year, his rookie season, than Cassel does.

DeezNutz
07-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Grandpa had some tough teams--I'm thinking mainly of the O-line play--but he was a little pussy.

Anyone can come here for a hug and some crying if you think otherwise. Is that you son...I mean Trent? I love you, Dante.

milkman
07-09-2009, 05:28 PM
As rediculous as it may seem, Herm sucked more ass.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sadly the motto around Arrowhead should read:

Chiefs coaching.
Sucking ass since 1976.

milkman
07-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Greg Robinson sucked ass, Dick was too loyal...

Dick was the HC.
The fact that his loyalty got in the way of making good football decisions is the reason he sucked ass.

milkman
07-09-2009, 05:43 PM
I agree, he gave me hope, got us close and it was fun to watch IMO.

As much as I hated Marty, at least his teams played defense.

Yes, you need to score points, but give me a Steeler like team that plays hardnose defense and kicks ass.

I just don't find winning/losing games 35-34 all that enjoyable.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Why Glasschez?

I think you're wrong.

Sanchez is going to be a top tier QB in the NFL.
However, I don't think he'll put up more yards this year, his rookie season, than Cassel does.

I don't know man, I've been keeping tabs on them as well as us and it sounds like they're not going to shy away from airing it out.
And, they're definitely not done adding to their receiver corps for the season either.
I know they want and have Burriss in their sights.

Grandpa had some tough teams--I'm thinking mainly of the O-line play--but he was a little pussy.

Anyone can come here for a hug and some crying if you think otherwise. Is that you son...I mean Trent? I love you, Dante.

That guy was a total turn off to me. And like Milkman said, the man's defenses were shit, and that's my favorite part of the game.

Buehler445
07-09-2009, 06:08 PM
I could have lived with Marty until he pulled Gannon in favor of Gerback. That was the dumbest thing he ever did.

OOOOOOOOOH Damn that pissed me the fuck off. I wasn't even that old.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 06:15 PM
OOOOOOOOOH Damn that pissed me the fuck off. I wasn't even that old.

I WAS that old, 27 years old in fact, and you think that pissed YOU off?

I and several others went to brawl-town with some loud-mouthed Donkey fans in the bar after that game and kicked their asses.

Some of you guys are too young to be flipping me shit about this. Period.

rad
07-09-2009, 06:46 PM
IP ban.

I thought they decided on average yards per game?

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 06:47 PM
I thought they decided on average yards per game?

Total yardage, including rushing by said QB's.

rad
07-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Total yardage, including rushing by said QB's.

Oh. I thought you guys decided it wouldn't be fair to go by that in case of an injury.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Oh. I thought you guys decided it wouldn't be fair to go by that in case of an injury.

It's an even enough situation to my satisfaction for both guys. Doomy gets the benefit of Cassel's "eons of experience", and I get a working offensive line.:evil:

BigCatDaddy
07-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Then why cant you act your ****ing age?

Wow! I would have guessed 21-22, never in my wildest dreams 40. That's crazy.

DaFace
07-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Wow! I would have guessed 21-22, never in my wildest dreams 40. That's crazy.

Wow...seriously? That's...well...I don't know what that is. I was thinking HS, honestly.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Wow...seriously? That's...well...I don't know what that is. I was thinking HS, honestly.

It's the frickin' intrawebs, man! Hell, I thought Skip was 19 until I learned the truth!

Skip Towne
07-09-2009, 07:59 PM
I guessed RoR at 15-16.

Brock
07-09-2009, 08:00 PM
It's the frickin' intrawebs, man! Hell, I thought Skip was 19 until I learned the truth!

So, you're basically GoChiefs in 10 or 12 years.

FAX
07-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Damn. I feel bad, now. All this time, I've been accusing you of being a full-fledged idiot, Mr. Raised On Rats.

I apologize. Please know that I was operating under the assumption that you were probably 17 years old and that my criticisms might lead to behavior modification on your part. Now, it appears that you really are a full-fledged idiot. I'm sorry, dude. Was it a motor vehicle accident of some kind? Or, while you were walking down the street, did a cement block fall on your head?

FAX

DeezNutz
07-09-2009, 08:59 PM
did a cement block fall on your head?

FAX

Origin of "block head"? Couldn't find it on Wikipedia.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Damn. I feel bad, now. All this time, I've been accusing you of being a full-fledged idiot, Mr. Raised On Rats.

I apologize. Please know that I was operating under the assumption that you were probably 17 years old and that my criticisms might lead to behavior modification on your part. Now, it appears that you really are a full-fledged idiot. I'm sorry, dude. Was it a motor vehicle accident of some kind? Or, while you were walking down the street, did a cement block fall on your head?

FAX

Not at all, Mr. FUX. I've simply traveled a very interesting and sometimes ludicrous road in this life, that's all.

Kyle DeLexus
07-09-2009, 09:18 PM
I've always pictured him as looking like this

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/87/267043085_696ce4d4b1.jpg?v=0

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 09:21 PM
I've always pictured him as looking like this

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/87/267043085_696ce4d4b1.jpg?v=0

Not even close, but I'm sure you drive a Lexus and fuck Jessica Alba too, right "Pimpy"?

Kyle DeLexus
07-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Not even close, but I'm sure you drive a Lexus and fuck Jessica Alba too, right "Pimpy"?

Nope, I'm 21 and in school still so I don't have the Lexus yet. I've always been a Caddy guy also.

booger
07-09-2009, 09:54 PM
thanks, i wouldnt have checked back

:thumb:

booger
07-09-2009, 09:57 PM
"I think to myself, 'You've got a big job ahead of you.' Now we'll find out if I'm any good."

I do LOVE how both Haley and Pioli are completely realistic in everything. They're optimistic, but simultaneously well-grounded.

it is great isn't it? Beats the heck out of putting it all on the players shoulders and not excepting responsibility of the HC and staff like the Hermroid days.

booger
07-09-2009, 09:58 PM
ROFL Rats in the Rectum? ROFL

it's a similar tune to "cats in the cradle"

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Nope, I'm 21 and in school still so I don't have the Lexus yet. I've always been a Caddy guy also.

That's fantastic Junior; stay in school!:evil:

booger
07-09-2009, 10:36 PM
http://www.fox4kc.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=6e85d6e0-772e-499f-9a04-0819c0c4a2c6&src=front

Tyson Jackson charitable even.

interesting though at about the 0.53 second mark is Turk sitting down signing autographs in the white shirt. Looks MUCH thinner. my guess is 260-265 down from a listed and probably bigger weight of 278.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 10:48 PM
http://www.fox4kc.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=6e85d6e0-772e-499f-9a04-0819c0c4a2c6&src=front

Tyson Jackson charitable even.

interesting though at about the 0.53 second mark is Turk sitting down signing autographs in the white shirt. Looks MUCH thinner. my guess is 260-265 down from a listed and probably bigger weight of 278.

Cool! Fox hired Pete Steele from Type O Negative as an intern!

booger
07-09-2009, 10:53 PM
i can't read your hand writing

Rooster
07-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Finally watch the interview. Great info. Herm's team was soft soft soft.