PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Trip to KC

jwazzie
07-08-2009, 10:48 AM
So I asked last week where to eat BBQ at since we do once a year in KC for our annual trip. We ate at KC Masterpiece in OP. It was good, but not great. The food was good but it just wasn't "BBQ" in my terms. So as of right now, this is where we stand in BBQ terms in our family.

1) Jack Stack
2) KC Masterpiece
3) Gates

Next year will be OK Joe's, it would have been this year but they are closed July 4th weekend.

Reaper16
07-08-2009, 10:49 AM
So I asked last week where to eat BBQ at since we do once a year in KC for our annual trip. We ate at KC Masterpiece in OP. It was good, but not great. The food was good but it just wasn't "BBQ" in my terms. So as of right now, this is where we stand in BBQ terms in our family.

1) Jack Stack
2) KC Masterpiece
3) Gates

Next year will be OK Joe's, it would have been this year but they are closed July 4th weekend.
You actually went to eat at KC Masterpiece? Fuck you.

burt
07-08-2009, 10:50 AM

1) Jack Stack
2) KC Masterpiece
3) Gates

Let's not forget the king.....Bryants.

Phobia
07-08-2009, 10:51 AM
You ate at KC Masterpiece? Who did you ask for this stellar piece of advice?

KCUnited
07-08-2009, 11:00 AM
You actually went to eat at KC Masterpiece? **** you.
Out of towners are the only ones that go.

RNR
07-08-2009, 11:08 AM
We just made a trip up there last weekend. We ate at Guy and Maes on the way up it is in Williamsburg south of Ottawa. Oh and next time you are up there give me a holler I know that town like the back of my hand :thumb:

KCUnited
07-08-2009, 11:12 AM
We just made a trip up there last weekend. We ate at Guy and Maes on the way up it is in Williamsburg south of Ottawa. Oh and next time you are up there give me a holler I know that town like the back of my hand :thumb:
You must have small hands. The do have some tasty ribs though, been years since I've been, always wondered if that place was still around.

RNR
07-08-2009, 11:21 AM
You must have small hands. The do have some tasty ribs though, been years since I've been, always wondered if that place was still around.
I was making fun of myself as I got lost last weekend in KC and caught some grief over it. And yes Guy and Maes is still open

AustinChief
07-08-2009, 11:47 AM
You ate at KC Masterpiece? Who did you ask for this stellar piece of advice?

Apparently they redid their menu and have changed abit...

I have asked before, but if anyone has eaten there recently and also ate there in the past... has it changed?

NEW KC MASTERPIECE ON THE RISE!!
Chef Richard (McPeake) is new Culinary Director for the Hurst Restaurant Concepts. He is currently working at KC Masterpiece to achieve a higher standard of BBQ at the restaurant both from a flavor standpoint and new look menu. Come on by and see the new progress. The new menu was implemented on in early April and is doing very well.

sedated
07-08-2009, 12:00 PM
I haven't been to KCM in probably ten years.

The sauce is just to sweet, I was going into diabetic shock half-way through dinner.

rageeumr
07-08-2009, 01:59 PM
When I lived on the Plaza for a summer I ate at the KC Materpiece there a few times (now a Jack Stack). It wasn't on the same level as other KC Establishments, but I never found it terrible. Certainly better than my experiences at Famous Dave's, Rib Crib or any other chain.

Bill Lundberg
07-09-2009, 01:17 PM
I can't believe I forgot to mention Brobecks. God bless Brobecks.

http://www.brobecksbbq.com/

Pioli Zombie
07-09-2009, 03:33 PM
I suggest you go to the backpage.com and search on "juicy pieces of meat"
Posted via Mobile Device

Dottefan
07-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Let's not forget the king.....Bryants.

YES..:thumb: