PDA

View Full Version : Poop I almost stole some sweet gas today...

KcKing
07-09-2009, 08:25 AM
About a week ago I pulled up to a Quik Trip and swiped my card, the pump pretty much told me it didn't want to read it right then. I noticed that the last person there didn't put the gas handle all the way back on, and the pump was still on their dime... I replaced the handle, swiped my card and got my gas.

About 10 minutes (and 50 dollars) later, I was thinking, I shoulda just pumped on their card and left.... Telling myself if it ever happened again, I'll fill my stuff up, and maybe leave it off the hook for the next guy... Teach the people a lesson about their DeJesus level carelessness...

Needless to say, I ran across the very same thing AGAIN this morning... Took off the gas cap, placed it in, and sat there for no less than 5 mins telling myself to quit bein a bitch and pump the free gas. I kept thinking what if the card was from some single mother or something that really needed it, and I can afford my own gas... In the end I couldn't do it... But I figured i'd at least hop on CP and let you all know that it really is a good idea to make sure after you pump gas to finish out the transaction... Because I swear on my free Christian Okoye 8X10 and my "where's the red bikini" sign... If I come across that again... Someone's gonna have a bad day when their credit card bill comes in...
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts
07-09-2009, 08:26 AM
You won't do it. And you should be proud of that.

Ebolapox
07-09-2009, 08:28 AM
being honest sucks sometimes, eh?

Simply Red
God don't like "ugly."

KcKing
You won't do it. And you should be proud of that.

I told myself this morning... Maybe Jesus wants me to have free gas... Who am I to say no to Jesus... lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Micjones
You're a good man for resisting the urge.

I know I have a separate Debit Card I use solely for gas so someone else pumping on my dime would cause me overdraft fees in most cases.

That just creates a headache for someone else and puts you squarely in karma's crosshairs.

gblowfish
07-09-2009, 08:30 AM
You're either a thief, or you're not.
It's not worth the bad karma...

Mr. Flopnuts
07-09-2009, 08:30 AM
I told myself this morning... Maybe Jesus wants me to have free gas... Who am I to say no to Jesus... lol
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO You're rationalization skills are at the Flopnuts level.

Huffman83
07-09-2009, 08:31 AM
This would have been better if you said "You almost stole some sweet ass."

Could have made for a more illegal and interesting story.

KcKing
07-09-2009, 08:33 AM

**Pretend this line is the laughing smiley**

Damn mobile CP takes away everything... =(

Edit: And Piss On Herm

Posted via Mobile Device

Crashride
07-09-2009, 08:34 AM
midnight vulture

Stanley Nickels
07-09-2009, 08:35 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Or maybe Jesus is testing your resolve.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-09-2009, 08:36 AM
Jesus take the wheel. Take it from my hand. Cause I can't pay for this gas on my owwwwn.

jidar
07-09-2009, 08:37 AM
Okay, well, you get a cookie for not being a thief I guess?
Man the bar is low is around here...

KcKing
07-09-2009, 08:37 AM

What's this have to do with carpet cleaner? :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

Huffman83
07-09-2009, 08:41 AM

Or what does bowling have to do w/ this thread?

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w264/bbparks1377/Posters/the_big_lebowski_1-1.jpg

KcKing
07-09-2009, 08:42 AM
Okay, well, you get a cookie for not being a thief I guess?
Man the bar is low is around here...

Not really looking for a cookie sir... Just figured if I ran into that twice it must happen a lot. Just wanted to pass the word along to make sure the gas handle is all the way on when folks are done pumping.

But if there ARE cookies to be passed out, I'll take a Peanut Butter un...
Posted via Mobile Device

CrazyPhuD
07-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Well unfortunately what you don't realize is that you didn't put the handle back on either and now 20 people have gotten free gas on your dime. :)

Iowanian
07-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Stealing is stealing. You'd be a prick for filling up on their dime....a prick and an all around shithead.

Thank you for not doing that.

I suppose you'll think its funny when someone does that to you....or understand when you leave your card in the ATM....

Demonpenz
07-09-2009, 08:49 AM
sometimes doing the right thing is giving tough love. I bitched all weekend about a movie that had a scene with a guy slipping on a bananna peel. I told my dad "no one ever slipps on a fucking bananna peel I can greese up a slick floor run and on a bananna covered floor and not slip. I don't know where that joke came up with but it the bananna's need to be replaced with grapes for any slip and fall jokes. Furthermore I emailed the makers of mario kart and told them the next mario cart the bannanna peel should get caught in your tires or something because bannannana peels are not slippery, and I also told them that big world in mario 3 kicks ass. So My dad was drunk and tired of me bitching put wd40 or something on bannannanana peel and put it under my feet when I was getting up for another papst. he also pushed/tripped me at the same time and asked me how slippery that nanner peel was now?!?!? he told me that he is never renting another movie for me again. I told him that he could take his "platoon" blue ray we were watching and shove it in his ear

Demonpenz
07-09-2009, 08:50 AM
moral of my story is my dad showed a buster what was up

RNR
07-09-2009, 09:04 AM
You should never feel wrong about doing the right thing. Well that is most of the time! Years ago my family ran a bar and when opening up one day I spotted a billfold. I picked it up and it had 110 dollars in it. I checked the phone book and there was no listing for his name.

I went through the billfold and found some phone numbers and called a couple of them and finally got someone to answer. I asked if they would get ahold of the guy and tell him where his billfold was at. A little while later the guy called and ask if there was any money in it. I said yes and he said he would stop by after work and get it.

He walks in and I hand it to him and he said thanks and was surprised the money was still in there. He bought me a beer and then he noticed the Raiders stuff displayed over the bar. He says Raiders??? they suck! I look at the guy and said keep one thing in mind when you spend that money remember it was a Raiders fan who returned it to you. We ended up laughing and when he left I told him if I had known he was a Chiefs fan I would have kicked the billfold across the parking lot and he could have taken his chances with the next guy

Iowanian
07-09-2009, 09:07 AM
Karma is a fickle bitch.

Keep doing the right thing. It's not always the easy way, but if you're a person with a concious, sleeping at night will be easier.

Bwana
07-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Class move.

Mr. Wizard
07-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Mr. Wizard says what goes around comes around. You chose to do the right thing, someone will do the right thing for you if you deserve it. ;)

alpha_omega
07-09-2009, 09:33 AM
You sir are a quality human being. I am proud to associate (in cyberspace) with a top-notch individual like yourself.

For the record...i am very obsessive about this. I always make sure the handle is in place and also check the display on the pump to verify it has been reset.

Christofire
07-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Crashride -- what movie is that sliding horse scene from? That's hysterical.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Posted via Mobile Device
LMAO

This.

DJay23
07-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Maybe it was a sting operation. Maybe the state police set it that way to try to bait someone into stealing gas. And as you drive away, 3 cruisers come flying out from behind the station to run you down.

Seriously, doing stupid immoral shit causes way more problems than it solves. Same goes for gossip and meddling in other people's business.

Chief Pote
07-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Pussy

Garcia Bronco
07-09-2009, 09:45 AM
Stealing is wrong. Now here is another thing to wrap your mind around...that transaction can be traced especially if there is video. Probablility is not that hig that you would get caught, but it you did it's credit card fraund and subject to federal prosecution. Not worht it for a tank of gas.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

"Use your aggressive pimp-slamp, boy; GIVE IN to the dark side"!
http://jediknight960.tripod.com/palpatine5.jpg:evil:

BigMeatballDave
07-09-2009, 09:52 AM
I use a debit card for gas. I ALWAYS get a receipt.

Arsonist
07-09-2009, 10:01 AM
I went to burger king and got back 5 extra bucks and gave it back just 2 days ago :thumb:

KcFanInGA
07-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Good to hear about people doing the right thing in spite of the walking shitpiles that spend their time fu*&(ng other people over.

Bwana
07-09-2009, 10:10 AM
I had something like this happen to me about a month ago. I pulled into a do it yourself car wash. I was in a stall next to some guy from CA that was on vacation. Just as I was getting ready to put quarters in my car wash box, the guy sticks his head around the corner and says, "Don't do that, this one is broke and won't shut off. I have been in here for 45 minutes washing my truck!" The guy takes off and I pull in. There were two other vehicle owners that heard the conversation. I put my quarters in and washed my vehicle. These two guys were looking at me like what the hell? There was a number on the building of the owner and I gave him a call. He came right down and shut down the juice to that stall. Before he was able to get there, I damn near had a donnybrook with one of the guys that wanted a "free wash" because I wouldn't pull out of the wash stall. I told the prick that there was 4 other stalls he could use and if he couldn't afford $1.50 he needed to get in his car and move the **** on. The owner was so grateful for the call, he offered me free car washes. I told him it was no big deal and I didn't expect to be rewarded for "doing the right thing."

JD10367
07-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Stealing is stealing. You'd be a prick for filling up on their dime....a prick and an all around shithead.

Thank you for not doing that.

I suppose you'll think its funny when someone does that to you....or understand when you leave your card in the ATM....

Thanks for the post, saved me the time.

I went to a gas station last year, and their credit card thing on the pump was screwed up. So I left. Little did I know it had actually taken my info, and some motherf**ker pulled up and put around $45 worth of gas in his ride. And I had to pay it, because the card had indeed been entered so the CC company said, "Too bad." I hope that motherf**ker gets rancid crotch rot and his testicles fall off.

acasas4
07-09-2009, 10:14 AM
I passed some sweet gas this morning. Bean burritos last night.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 10:15 AM

I went to a gas station last year, and their credit card thing on the pump was screwed up. So I left. Little did I know it had actually taken my info, and some motherf**ker pulled up and put around $45 worth of gas in his ride. And I had to pay it, because the card had indeed been entered so the CC company said, "Too bad." I hope that motherf**ker gets rancid crotch rot and his testicles fall off.

Wash your mouth out.:D

Simply Red
07-09-2009, 10:26 AM

More importantly, is there really such thing as crotch rot?

HemiEd
07-09-2009, 10:31 AM
You should never feel wrong about doing the right thing. Well that is most of the time! Years ago my family ran a bar and when opening up one day I spotted a billfold. I picked it up and it had 110 dollars in it. I checked the phone book and there was no listing for his name.

I went through the billfold and found some phone numbers and called a couple of them and finally got someone to answer. I asked if they would get ahold of the guy and tell him where his billfold was at. A little while later the guy called and ask if there was any money in it. I said yes and he said he would stop by after work and get it.

He walks in and I hand it to him and he said thanks and was surprised the money was still in there. He bought me a beer and then he noticed the Raiders stuff displayed over the bar. He says Raiders??? they suck! I look at the guy and said keep one thing in mind when you spend that money remember it was a Raiders fan who returned it to you. We ended up laughing and when he left I told him if I had known he was a Chiefs fan I would have kicked the billfold across the parking lot and he could have taken his chances with the next guy

Holy shit RNR, you have enough money to buy the Raiders!

You are familiar with Kellogg and Main street in Wichita of course. We were shopping for the Mrs. a car, at a lot there, and she liked the car so well (excited), she left her purse on the roof when she got in to drive it.

The next day, we get a call from a person that found it. All the money, credit cards, check book and such was still in place. We offered a reward, but they wouldn't take it. It made one heck of an impression, we will never forget it.

LaChapelle
07-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Leave without paying and they can take your license. It was a sting and the patrolman will get you sooner or later.

RNR
07-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Holy shit RNR, you have enough money to buy the Raiders!

You are familiar with Kellogg and Main street in Wichita of course. We were shopping for the Mrs. a car, at a lot there, and she liked the car so well (excited), she left her purse on the roof when she got in to drive it.

The next day, we get a call from a person that found it. All the money, credit cards, check book and such was still in place. We offered a reward, but they wouldn't take it. It made one heck of an impression, we will never forget it.

Had enough :cuss: I gave it back :) Very cool story. I was raised that way and so were my kids.It is sad when someone does what they should do and people are shocked. It is good to read people still have some honor sadly it is rare enough that people are shocked by it.

88TG88
07-09-2009, 10:40 AM
The gas station I go to always gives me free gas. I give the dude ten bucks and he gives me 15 gas. He probably doesnt speak english or something.

tooge
07-09-2009, 10:43 AM
freakin olathians!

CoMoChief
07-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Did you steal a sweet laptop, then speed off on your awesome crotch rocket, bare shirted, with kickass chinese symbolism tats on your back and chest?

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Did you steal a sweet laptop, then speed off on your awesome crotch rocket, bare shirted, with kickass chinese symbolism tats on your back and chest?

LMAO And as he sped off, he yelled, "EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEME"!!!!

tooge
07-09-2009, 11:00 AM

He thinks the chinese symbols say things like Strength, Invincibility, loyalty, etc. They are really just kanji for Kung Pao Chicken with sweet and sour sauce.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 11:07 AM
He thinks the chinese symbols say things like Strength, Invincibility, loyalty, etc. They are really just kanji for Kung Pao Chicken with sweet and sour sauce.

Chinese tat artist inks very elaborate "#5 with noodles, not rice" on his back.:)

PhillyChiefFan
07-09-2009, 11:32 AM
I would probably feel too guilty to ever knowingly do something like that.

Hell I walked out of a pizza shop one time and I forgot to pay, and I went back 2 days later to pay.

Guy said it was alright and not to worry but I insisted on paying. He said to me, "Wow, you're a good man. Not too many people would do this."

Baby Lee
07-09-2009, 11:37 AM
I had something similar once, . . . once. Pulled in running on fumes, swiped my card, started the pump and went inside for a soda. Came back out and the pump was stopped at $1.00. 'Fuck! Stupid thing shut soon as I left.' So I start pumping again. Shuts off again. Start up the car and the needle says full tank. Never know what happened there. But I'm thankful.

sedated
07-09-2009, 12:28 PM
The gas station I go to always gives me free gas. I give the dude ten bucks and he gives me 15 gas. He probably doesnt speak english or something.

When I was in college a friend of mine got a job at a gas station down the street. Free gas any time, free juice and soda to mix our drinks, lighters, snacks. Everything a college boy needed was free anytime he worked.

It didn’t last too long though. The gas pumps got busier and busier with all his friends, and the shelves were always empty.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Speaking of gas, my company had their chili cookoff today. It's going to be a pleasant afternoon I'm sure. :eek:

googlegoogle
07-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Guilty conscience and you would get got to boot.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2009, 02:39 PM
Speaking of gas, my company had their chili cookoff today. It's going to be a pleasant afternoon I'm sure. :eek:

"You want some beans, Mr.Taggert"?

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-09-2009, 03:34 PM
I guess you're wanting a pat on the back because you didn't steal.

How about a year in the pen for when you do.

ClevelandBronco
07-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

You stole somebody's WiFi connection to post this, didn't you?

Dottefan
07-09-2009, 04:27 PM
I was super broke last month after paying bills, when my neighbor at my apt complex dropped some mail and a bank envolope that had a unsighned moneyorder for 200 bucks and 120$ in cash..I thought about it for a split second then knocked on her door and gave it to her...It sucks being honest, but hell, she baught a 20 pack of my fav beer and a pizza..

KCChiefsMan
07-09-2009, 04:32 PM
ya, better to not do that. I'm sure there are plenty of camera's there if the person wanted to investigate mysterious charges to their card too.

Adept Havelock
07-09-2009, 05:56 PM
You're a good man, KcKing. :thumb:

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-09-2009, 07:41 PM
You're a good man, KcKing. :thumb:

Whys that. He says the next time he's stealing the gas!

Braincase
07-09-2009, 08:57 PM
You know that if you steal gas, you'll be at a baseball game and catch a screaming foul right in the nuts.

Don't mess with Karma, dude. She'll bend you over and destroy your colon with an 18" vibrating strap-on, and sing some Doris Day bullshit while it's happening.