PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports One extra ticket to the Cubs/Cardinals at Wrigley this Saturday

Bearcat
07-09-2009, 08:46 AM
Saturday 7/11, 3:10

First row of the upper deck behind home plate... liked the location and had to buy the pair.

Make me an offer, shoot me a PM, whatever... the upside is that you get to meet the famous Bearcat. The downside is that you're stuck with me for 3+ hours.

Frazod
07-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Saturday 7/11, 3:10

First row of the upper deck behind home plate... liked the location and had to buy the pair.

Make me an offer, shoot me a PM, whatever... the upside is that you get to meet the famous Bearcat. The downside is that you're stuck with me for 3+ hours.

I'll go. As long as you don't wear KU crap. :p

Let me know how much the ticket is.

Bearcat
07-09-2009, 09:44 AM
I'll go. As long as you don't wear KU crap. :p

Let me know how much the ticket is.

Cool. I paid $75 for it (stupid spontaneity), but I'm sure that's like 3 times face value.... if that's steep, give me what it's worth to you or buy me a few beers, whatever. Okay, no KU stuff, but I will be a Cubs fan that day. :)

I already made reservations, but is Evanston a decent part of town? Amtrak was full, so I'm just going to drive there and pay the $14/day to park at the hotel and take the L into the city everyday.

Frazod
07-09-2009, 09:46 AM
Cool. I paid $75 for it (stupid spontaneity), but I'm sure that's like 3 times face value.... if that's steep, give me what it's worth to you or buy me a few beers, whatever. Okay, no KU stuff, but I will be a Cubs fan that day. :)

I already made reservations, but is Evanston a decent part of town? Amtrak was full, so I'm just going to drive there and pay the $14/day to park at the hotel and take the L into the city everyday.

$75 is fine. If it's right under the press box, those are fantastic seats.

I didn't realize you weren't in my contacts list - I'll add you so we can discuss this via PM.

Thanks!

Frazod
07-09-2009, 09:50 AM
One thing - Saturday is now a double-header - first game starts at noon (make up game from April) and the second game starts at 7:00. Do you have tickets for only one, or both? I don't know what the policy is for that.

Bearcat
07-09-2009, 09:55 AM
One thing - Saturday is now a double-header - first game starts at noon (make up game from April) and the second game starts at 7:00. Do you have tickets for only one, or both? I don't know what the policy is for that.

Oh, that's nice... I haven't seen that anywhere. I don't even think ESPN has it listed that way. I have tickets to one of them, so I guess the 7pm one if the noon game is definitely the make up game.

Frazod
07-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Oh, that's nice... I haven't seen that anywhere. I don't even think ESPN has it listed that way. I have tickets to one of them, so I guess the 7pm one if the noon game is definitely the make up game.

That's what it says on both the Cubs' and Cards' sites.

You really should call and verify it, though.

Bearcat
07-09-2009, 09:58 AM
That's what it says on both the Cubs' and Cards' sites.

You really should call and verify it, though.

Oh, I see it... the Cubs site shows Sunday is the double-header. My tickets are for Saturday.

Frazod
07-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Oh, I see it... the Cubs site shows Sunday is the double-header. My tickets are for Saturday.

:doh!:

Apparently one of the first signs of old age is not being able to distinguish Saturday from Sunday.

Sorry about the confusion.

Saturday at 3:10 it is! :thumb: