PDA

View Full Version : Life Honeymoon Ideas?

KevB
07-10-2009, 12:21 PM
My brother in law is getting married early next year, and he's been put in charge of finding a honeymoon destination. They'd like to find an all-inclusive beach resort, and they're trying to limit the cost to $2K or so. That won't be easy, and they're probably looking at 4 nights max at that cost?

The wife and I went to a Sandals in Jamaica for our Honeymoon, but it's been 13 years, so I'm out of touch with the hot Honeymoon spots. Anybody have some recommendations? Much appreciated.

Fire Me Boy!
07-10-2009, 12:23 PM
You can not go wrong with a cruise. The wife and I went on one for our honeymoon and had a blast. Will go again someday. Pretty cheap, too, considering it's all-inclusive for meals and stay.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-10-2009, 12:25 PM
My brother in law is getting married early next year, and he's been put in charge of finding a honeymoon destination. They'd like to find an all-inclusive beach resort, and they're trying to limit the cost to $2K or so. That won't be easy, and they're probably looking at 4 nights max at that cost?

The wife and I went to a Sandals in Jamaica for our Honeymoon, but it's been 13 years, so I'm out of touch with the hot Honeymoon spots. Anybody have some recommendations? Much appreciated.

No way dude. Now's a great time. You can probably get a week or more for that bread.

Phobia
07-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Independence is really hopping in the spring.

PhillyChiefFan
07-10-2009, 12:41 PM
We are going to the Montego Bay Sandals in Sept. for our honeymoon, and it looks awesome, we can't wait. Sandals is a little more expensive than other resorts, so watch out. But for a honeymoon/destination wedding, you can't beat it.

Rooster
07-10-2009, 12:41 PM
No way dude. Now's a great time. You can probably get a week or more for that bread.

Yup... :thumb: A lot of great deals going on right now.

Mr. Plow
07-10-2009, 12:42 PM

My wife & I just got back (May) from Sandals Bahamas. We loved it. Beautiful resort. Lots to do. Should meet the $2k requirement as well (for 4 nights). Check it out....I've got tons of pics if you/he would like to see some.

Mr. Plow
07-10-2009, 12:43 PM
PS....

They do not allow any kids at Sandals Bahamas....which is a BIG plus. Nothing worse than going on vacation by yourself and having to deal with other people's kids.

Not sure about other Sandals locations.

Buehler445
07-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Wife and I took a cruise last year for our honeymoon. It is really damn inexpensive.

Extra expenses come with
-Airfare
-offshore excursions
-liquor

Phobia
07-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Sandals St. Lucia - no kids.

I think they only allow kids at a couple of family Sandals resorts world-wide.

Baby Lee
07-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Honeymoon Ideas?

Buttsechs? :shrug:

macdawg
07-10-2009, 12:58 PM
I'm going to Couples Negril for $2500 for 6 nights all inclusive in Sept.

Sandals Ocho Rios was about $1000 more expensive and the beaches in Negril are supposed to be better than Ocho Rios so thats why I chose Couples Negril.

Saulbadguy
07-10-2009, 01:03 PM
Don't go to any of the Sandals in Jamaica. They let peddlers in to bother you while you are trying to relax so they can sell shit to you, plus the Jamaicans are lazy as shit and don't really bother to wait on you.

Dayze
07-10-2009, 01:13 PM
cancun; $2k was our budget; 8 day, 7 night all-inclusive. we ate 'out' to dinner once at a fancy place, and shopped a couple times but mainly stayed on the hotel property.

Great, great time. we're not dance club people etc; we literally just laid on the beach, drank pina coladas/beers; read books; relaxed. it was great.

38yrsfan
07-10-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm nostalgic .... Puerto Vallarta, but it has been a long time since I've been there, had a great time.

Ceej
07-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Haysville, Kansas. But, I'm totally bias.

KCUnited
07-10-2009, 01:59 PM
Sandals has a 60% off sale going on right now, but I've heard the service has dropped off as a result of the economy. I was in Jamaica in '06 and had a great time. Mexico always gives good bang for the buck. A big chunk of the expense is airfare, making Mexico logical on a budget.

LaChapelle
07-10-2009, 02:11 PM
A safari or some place with a zoo. Then you can point out to her how it is.

Great Expectations
07-10-2009, 02:33 PM
http://vacations.travelzoo.com/caribbean-vacations/

38yrsfan
07-10-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm nostalgic .... Puerto Vallarta, but it has been a long time since I've been there, had a great time.

Wanted to add ... stay at the historic Camino Real ... romantic setting, great secluded private beach, nice places to eat ...

acesn8s
07-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Send them with a tent to the Current river for a week.

Fish
07-10-2009, 03:37 PM

I'll second that!

mikeyis4dcats.
07-10-2009, 04:41 PM
you can probably get into Casa Velas in Puerto Vallarta for that for 4 days. fantastic adults only resort. It's a block from the beach, but they have a beach club they will drive you to thats 2 minutes by van.

Service, accomodations, and food are 5 star. By the end of the second day, staff knew us by name and had our favorite drinks made for us at the pool without asking. Top shelf liquor abounds.

http://www.hotelcasavelas.com/

Simply Red
07-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Independence is really hopping in the spring.

ROFL

Simply Red
07-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Don't go to any of the Sandals in Jamaica. They let peddlers in to bother you while you are trying to relax so they can sell shit to you, plus the Jamaicans are lazy as shit and don't really bother to wait on you.

yeah, and they're BLACK!

Simply Red
07-10-2009, 04:45 PM
I joke, but yeah, w/ islands you have to be careful, gratuity is almost always included, but; they won't tell you that.

Simply Red
07-10-2009, 04:59 PM
IMO, whatever you do, do NOT do a cruise. You're on the right track w/ the all inclusive resort styled place. stick w/ that plan.

KC Dan
07-10-2009, 05:03 PM
The Royal Playa Del Carmen about 40 min south of Cancun. Adults only, all-inclusive, great pool and beachfront, walking distance to Playa del Carmen town, hotel restaurants - Fabulous! and every room is a suite with a hottub.

You CANNOT go wrong with this place. If you do not believe me, ask Dartgod and his wife.

http://www.realresorts.com/The_Royal_Playa_Carmen/

Buehler445
07-10-2009, 06:37 PM
IMO, whatever you do, do NOT do a cruise. You're on the right track w/ the all inclusive resort styled place. stick w/ that plan.

Why do you say that? Wife and I had a FANTASTIC time on the boat.

Buehler445
07-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Oh and if you leave the country, even to mexico, you have to have a passport. Get it early in case they fuck up your name.

TrebMaxx
07-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Just returned home from 7 days in the U.S.V.I. Stayed at Caneel Bay Resort. It wasn't all inclusive but they did give us $100 dollars a day to use for meals. It was very nice and our room was right on the beach. http://www.caneelbay.com/ I would recommend trying for the Turtle Bay rooms, best beach for snorkeling.

stlchiefs
07-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Did Sandals Whitehouse last summer. It was nice. The food was good and even great at some meals. We talked to many people who had visited numerous Sandals locations and the consensus was ALWAYS that St. Lucia was the best Sandals location and Whitehouse Jamaica was #2. PM me if you want additional info.

Follow up after reading the thread: Sandals is always couples only, Beaches always families though. I never saw a single peddler at Whitehouse and was actually upset as I was hoping to buy some local stuff.

luv
07-10-2009, 09:12 PM
That's it. I'm getting married so I can go to the beach. Who's taking me?

DeezNutz
07-10-2009, 09:26 PM
I'd recommend fucking.

acesn8s
07-10-2009, 09:30 PM
That's it. I'm getting married so I can go to the beach. Who's taking me?Go without getting married and have "fun" on the beach.

BigRichard
07-10-2009, 09:57 PM
That's it. I'm getting married so I can go to the beach. Who's taking me?

What kind of benefits do I get?

acesn8s
07-10-2009, 09:59 PM
What kind of benefits do I get?Um, a wife?

KCUnited
07-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Oh and if you leave the country, even to mexico, you have to have a passport. Get it early in case they **** up your name.
Or lose it in the mail along with your birth certificate like they did mine. Heavily tattooed, titanium femur, reissued passport, I'm owed several dinners by security at several international airports.

Coach
07-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Went to Hawaii. Hotel was pretty much paid for, but not sure how much the airfare was.

BucEyedPea
07-10-2009, 10:35 PM

I did Sandals in the Bahamas in 2005. It was nice. I liked the all exclusive but I would have preferred another location.
Oh, and uh, it was free. It was won.

luv
07-10-2009, 10:36 PM
What kind of benefits do I get?

Well, it would be a honeymoon.

Buehler445
07-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Or lose it in the mail along with your birth certificate like they did mine. Heavily tattooed, titanium femur, reissued passport, I'm owed several dinners by security at several international airports.

or at least a kiss on the neck?

Stewie
07-11-2009, 07:13 AM
I get these vacation deals through a AAA affiliate. I've never used them but they sure seem inexpensive to me.

http://www.cheapcaribbean.com/

Predarat
07-11-2009, 08:05 PM
With the way things are going with marrages on this board id suggest to skip the marriage but keep the honeymoon.

Gracie Dean
07-12-2009, 09:01 PM
for 2 k they could take a 7 day western caribbean cruise

gblowfish
07-12-2009, 09:07 PM
This is one of the places my wifey and I went on our Honeymoon:
http://www.nepenthebigsur.com/

Here too:
http://www.hearstcastle.org/

And Here:
http://www.canneryrow.com/

Chaunceythe3rd
07-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Camdenton. If he is from Missouri he won't know the difference. As Ernest T. Bass said "Kelsey's Crick, Kelsey's Pond, Kelsey's Ocean!"