PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pre-Training Camp Win Prediction

Farzin
07-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Just wondering where most of the fans are at before training camp since the two-a-day practices are exactly three weeks away..

KCChiefsMan
07-11-2009, 02:54 PM
I'm going with 6-10 this season, any more wins that 6 would be phenomenal.

CrazyPhuD
07-11-2009, 02:56 PM

Bugeater
07-11-2009, 02:58 PM
TO THE 'SHIP!

FAX
07-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Madness!!

Oh well ... based on uncertain knowledge as to who the starters will be, how the new coaching staff will work out, the impact of TG's loss on the offense, and the effectiveness of the defense in an entirely new scheme, I'll say ... 6 wins. I think we'll sweeps the faiders and the goats and steal two more wins based merely on Haley's and Pioli's ass-kicking mentality.

FAX

Reaper16
07-11-2009, 03:00 PM
I'm going to vote for 2. I nearly chose 3, though.

Halfcan
07-11-2009, 03:00 PM
I feel a Perfect season is coming up. We are going to do what the Pats could not.

wild1
07-11-2009, 03:04 PM

The team could have won 4 or 5 last year with half a QB, and with a coach who wasn't too dumb to tie his own shoes.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-11-2009, 03:11 PM
im going with 7-9, i know we dont have all the talent in place yet, minius Herm lazy ass coaching equals 5 more wins and plus a better QB and veteran leadership on defense.

JOhn
07-11-2009, 03:12 PM
I guess I'll be a Homer and say.....

11ROFL

But then again stranger things have happened :shrug:

And the only hope I have is that Denver & Oakland are going to suck worse than us. And the Dolts will flop as usual.
Truthfully I'll be happy with 6 wins

Mr. Arrowhead
07-11-2009, 03:12 PM

The team could have won 4 or 5 last year with half a QB, and with a coach who wasn't too dumb to tie his own shoes.
hell take away the qb part of it, they could have won that many with a coach with half a brain that knows you need to be in shape to be successful in the 4th quarter.

BigMeatballDave
07-11-2009, 03:13 PM

LaChapelle
07-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Have I missed the Pre-training camp MVP sellection thread?

Vegas_Dave
07-11-2009, 03:39 PM
With the weak division and good QB play, Im going with 9-7

BigRichard
07-11-2009, 04:01 PM
•Week 1 - Chiefs @ Ravens L
•Week 2 - Chiefs vs. Raiders W
•Week 3 - Chiefs @ Eagles L
•Week 4 - Chiefs vs. Giants L
•Week 5 - Chiefs vs. Cowboys M
•Week 6 - Chiefs @ Redskins M
•Week 7 - Chiefs vs. Chargers W
•Week 8 - BYE
•Week 9 - Chiefs @ Jaguars L
•Week 10 - Chiefs @ Raiders W
•Week 11 - Chiefs vs. Steelers L
•Week 12 - Chiefs @ Chargers L
•Week 13 - Chiefs vs. Broncos W
•Week 14 - Chiefs vs. Bills M
•Week 15 - Chiefs vs. Browns W
•Week 16 - Chiefs @ Bengals W
•Week 17 - Chiefs @ Broncos L

I voted six but after my break down I give us seven. THe M means a maybe and I give us one of them.

Huffman83
07-11-2009, 04:01 PM
5-11 is what I predict, but each game will be solid and close. I like to keep my spirits high but my standards low.

Quesadilla Joe
07-11-2009, 04:42 PM
標eek 1 - Chiefs @ Ravens L
標eek 2 - Chiefs vs. Raiders W
標eek 3 - Chiefs @ Eagles L
標eek 4 - Chiefs vs. Giants L
標eek 5 - Chiefs vs. Cowboys L
標eek 6 - Chiefs @ Redskins L
標eek 7 - Chiefs vs. Chargers L
標eek 8 - BYE
標eek 9 - Chiefs @ Jaguars L
標eek 10 - Chiefs @ Raiders L
標eek 11 - Chiefs vs. Steelers L
標eek 12 - Chiefs @ Chargers L
標eek 13 - Chiefs vs. Broncos L
標eek 14 - Chiefs vs. Bills W
標eek 15 - Chiefs vs. Browns W
標eek 16 - Chiefs @ Bengals L
標eek 17 - Chiefs @ Broncos L

Hydrae
07-11-2009, 04:52 PM
I also voted 6. My biggest concern is that we are so thin for depth that one or two injuries will kill any momentum we might be able to build going into the season.

JuicesFlowing
07-11-2009, 04:55 PM
6 wins, and that just might win the Division this year.

CrazyPhuD
07-11-2009, 05:27 PM
16 more than the broncos

FAX
07-11-2009, 05:33 PM
16 more than the broncos

You know, that's really a very interesting point right there, Mr. CrazyPhuD.

The goats have the same ridiculously difficult schedule that we have. They're bound to split with the faiders, though. Of course, it's more than possible that the Chiefs will sweep them this year (if we're any damn good at all). I don't intend to hijack this thread, but it does makes you wonder whether or not the goats will win more than 2 or 3 games out of the 16 times they trot that absurd excuse for a team out onto the field.

FAX

cdcox
07-11-2009, 05:38 PM
I think we have the talent to win 4 games, but some how Haley will demand that they win 6. However, if injuries hit the LBs or Bowe goes down, it could be a lot worse.

acesn8s
07-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Pioli had 11 wins last year.
Haley 9
Chiefs 2
for an avg of 7 wins. 5 in div and 2 out (most likely NFC teams)

Ebolapox
07-11-2009, 08:59 PM
I'll go with 5-11, which is sadly almost as many as the last two seasons COMBINED.

RustShack
07-11-2009, 09:25 PM
標eek 1 - Chiefs @ Ravens M
標eek 2 - Chiefs vs. Raiders M
標eek 3 - Chiefs @ Eagles M
標eek 4 - Chiefs vs. Giants M
標eek 5 - Chiefs vs. Cowboys M
標eek 6 - Chiefs @ Redskins M
標eek 7 - Chiefs vs. Chargers M
標eek 8 - BYE M
標eek 9 - Chiefs @ Jaguars M
標eek 10 - Chiefs @ Raiders M
標eek 11 - Chiefs vs. Steelers M
標eek 12 - Chiefs @ Chargers M
標eek 13 - Chiefs vs. Broncos M
標eek 14 - Chiefs vs. Bills M
標eek 15 - Chiefs vs. Browns M
標eek 16 - Chiefs @ Bengals M
標eek 17 - Chiefs @ Broncos M

M= Maybe win, Maybe lose

Farzin
07-11-2009, 09:36 PM
M= Maybe win, Maybe lose
Haha!
So we have a 50/50 chance in every game..that's like saying there was a 50/50 chance of Herm coming back.

RustShack
07-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Haha!
So we have a 50/50 chance in every game..that's like saying there was a 50/50 chance of Herm coming back.

Any given Sunday.
8-8

Farzin
07-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Any given Sunday.
8-8

Or Monday..oh wait nevermind ...

KCChiefsMan
07-11-2009, 10:21 PM
you know, I was thinking. Have we EVER beaten the Jaguars?

Mr. Arrowhead
07-11-2009, 10:26 PM
yea 2006 year, we beat them last game of the year at home, when we backed in the playoffs

Bugeater
07-11-2009, 10:29 PM
We beat them in the season finale in 2006.

SCTrojan
07-12-2009, 05:20 AM
Gonna go with 4. I think the first half of the season has the potential to be really ugly.

BarrySPAMAID
07-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Those who read my blog know where I stand on this issue.

I thought about posting in this thread what I think is going to happen in 2009. Many think that the CHIEFS will not compete this year. Many think that they will be a little bit better than 2008, and some think that the AFC west is wide open. Let me just say this:

When I went to the home opener last season at Arrowhead, this football team was NOT prepared for that game. That was probably one of the worst CHIEF teams I have ever seen on opening day last year. I feel very strongly that Todd Haley will have this team better prepared than Herman Edwards. I furthermore think that MANY players on this active roster will benefit from a much more disciplined training and conditioning program under Haley. From McIntosh to Richardson, to Colquitt, these players will be ready to play.

Does anyone find it odd that we get the Raiders on opening week two years in a row? Revenge, REVENGE R E V E N G E!!!!!!

But since it looks like Farzin is looking for data, or popular opinion, I will serve this little glass of Homerism koolaid for him.

In 2009, look for the CHIEFS defense to be in the top 5 in takeaways on defense. Now, I didn't say overall defense. I said Takeaways. The also may be one of the top SCORING defenses in the league.

Write that down.

milkman
07-12-2009, 11:17 AM
Those who read my blog know where I stand on this issue.

I thought about posting in this thread what I think is going to happen in 2009. Many think that the CHIEFS will not compete this year. Many think that they will be a little bit better than 2008, and some think that the AFC west is wide open. Let me just say this:

When I went to the home opener last season at Arrowhead, this football team was NOT prepared for that game. That was probably one of the worst CHIEF teams I have ever seen on opening day last year. I feel very strongly that Todd Haley will have this team better prepared than Herman Edwards. I furthermore think that MANY players on this active roster will benefit from a much more disciplined training and conditioning program under Haley. From McIntosh to Richardson, to Colquitt, these players will be ready to play.

Does anyone find it odd that we get the Raiders on opening week two years in a row? Revenge, REVENGE R E V E N G E!!!!!!

But since it looks like Farzin is looking for data, or popular opinion, I will serve this little glass of Homerism koolaid for him.

In 2009, look for the CHIEFS defense to be in the top 5 in takeaways on defense. Now, I didn't say overall defense. I said Takeaways. The also may be one of the top SCORING defenses in the league.

Write that down.

Stop fucking telling us to write shit down.

Write THAT down.

DaneMcCloud
07-12-2009, 11:26 AM
No more than 4 wins, tops.

If the offensive line can't keep Cassel healthy for the majority of all 16 games (which I think is unlikely, since the line is once again in a state of flux), Chiefs won't win more than two.

The defenses of the Ravens, Raiders, Giants, Eagles, Cowboys, Redskins, Chargers, Jaguars and Steelers could quite possibly hold the Chiefs to a franchise low total points scored in the first 13 games.

It's going to be extremely ugly.

FAX
07-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Stop ****ing telling us to write shit down.

Write THAT down.

ROFL

StenographerPlanet.

FAX

milkman
07-12-2009, 11:31 AM
No more than 4 wins, tops.

If the offensive line can't keep Cassel healthy for the majority of all 16 games (which I think is unlikely, since the line is once again in a state of flux), Chiefs won't win more than two.

The defenses of the Ravens, Raiders, Giants, Eagles, Cowboys, Redskins, Chargers, Jaguars and Steelers could quite possibly hold the Chiefs to a franchise low total points scored in the first 13 games.

It's going to be extremely ugly.

To be honest, looking at the schedule, I've struggled to find 4 wins, but I'm taking a more homeristic view and going with 5 wins.

Crush
07-12-2009, 11:44 AM
The Chiefs will the whole thing.

Bugeater
07-12-2009, 11:48 AM
The Chiefs will the whole thing.
They will what the whole thing?

acesn8s
07-12-2009, 11:51 AM
The Chiefs will the whole thing.What "thing" are they going to win?

Farzin
07-12-2009, 11:54 AM

Write THAT down.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Crush
07-12-2009, 11:59 AM
They will what the whole thing?

What "thing" are they going to win?

Exactly

Farzin
07-12-2009, 12:04 PM

Write that down.Jesus Christ, kid. I'm not "looking for data, or popular opinion." I already have my wins in and have said it for a couple weeks now. It may or may not change depending on how a couple things go.

Also, it doesn't really matter what they rank in takeaways. People say turnovers are the key part of football. But those turnovers won't mean anything if the offense cannot score off of them. KC had one of the best turnover ratios in the league last year until the end of the season, they're final two games, they gave away more than they took away.

I applaud the 31st ranked defense for forcing fumbles and picking of the opposing QB, but the Chiefs offense rarely took advantage of those turnovers. Hopefully the Todd Haley gets the right guys on offense who can get the job done.

Farzin
07-12-2009, 12:12 PM
To be honest, looking at the schedule, I've struggled to find 4 wins, but I'm taking a more homeristic view and going with 5 wins.

Interesting that you brought this up. I heard on 610 and 810 that Adam Teicher contributed to an NFL magazine (forgot what.) Now I'm not sure who here wants to go with Teicher's rankings, but he contributed in ranking the AFC West (the contributors ranked the teams offense, defense, special teams, and coaching staff.) I don't remember what Teicher ranked the teams, but I remember both 610 and 810 mentioned that they looked at the Chiefs schedule and compared KC's rating to their opponents rating. If we were to just look at the overall rating, KC would have nine wins. Obviously it won't be that way. There will be upsets and such. But I thought this would be interesting to share..

Frankie
07-12-2009, 01:11 PM
I voted 0 wins since the Chiefs will play exactly 0 games "pre-Training camp."

BarrySPAMAID
07-12-2009, 03:04 PM

Write THAT down.

Never. Sorry old man. I love ya, but just cant do that.

Jesus Christ, kid. I'm not "looking for data, or popular opinion." I already have my wins in and have said it for a couple weeks now. It may or may not change depending on how a couple things go.

Also, it doesn't really matter what they rank in takeaways. People say turnovers are the key part of football. But those turnovers won't mean anything if the offense cannot score off of them. KC had one of the best turnover ratios in the league last year until the end of the season, they're final two games, they gave away more than they took away.

I applaud the 31st ranked defense for forcing fumbles and picking of the opposing QB, but the Chiefs offense rarely took advantage of those turnovers. Hopefully the Todd Haley gets the right guys on offense who can get the job done.

Hmm, last week you thought I was older than you, this week you call me kid? Who are you calling kid?

If you already have your mind made up about how many wins the Chiefs should have in 2009, then I know you are lost. Especially prior to camp, but I will go ahead an entertain this, being that SOME people look to you as their source of CHIEFS....

If those turnovers dont mean anything, then explain the 2003 season to me Farzin? How well did that help going 9-0? Gets Takeaways had nothing to do with that???

No, I am going off of what Bernard Pollard said, and also what Brandon Flowers said. I so listen to other podcasts.

AGAIN, I DONT THINK THE SKY IS FALLING WHEN IT COMES TO THE OFFENSE LIKE YOU DO. You can remain skeptical all you want, I feel good about the offense. I feel good about Larrys comeback, Jamaal's breakout, Cassel's bitch slap to the NFL, and our defense going into 2009 and I am sure that when the pre season comes around, YOU and a few other know it alls will be eating crow. Cant wait for that by the way.

KC had a great turnover ratio last year, you sir are right. What you are forgetting is and WAS their inability to FINISH GAMES in the fourth quarter. But Im sure you already knew that. That is what turns me on about you Farzin, your attention to detail. ( Yes please imagine that scene in Ace Ventura RIGHT HERE ) That is how I want you to imagine me talking you. ) :thumb:

Hopefully Todd Haley WILL get the right guys in there to help us win. I am CERTAIN that he will do a better job of it than you. And WHEN THIS TEAM WINS MORE THAN 6 GAMES, You will finally have a little respect for little ole' BarryinStouis.

And by the way Farzin, I really have a ton of respect for you. I mean that. But I'M COOL. Your not being cool.

Farzin
07-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Never. Sorry old man. I love ya, but just cant do that.

Hmm, last week you thought I was older than you, this week you call me kid? Who are you calling kid? True, but I feel like I'm reading a little kid's post..

If those turnovers dont mean anything, then explain the 2003 season to me Farzin? How well did that help going 9-0? Gets Takeaways had nothing to do with that???

Sure it did. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=givetake&season=2&year=2003

Great offense, great special teams, and good defense. The defense came through a lot back then. But also made a lot of errors.

AGAIN, I DONT THINK THE SKY IS FALLING WHEN IT COMES TO THE OFFENSE LIKE YOU DO.

Again, I never said anything negative about this years offense. I'm excited for the players and offensive coaches this year. All they need is some help on the receiving core and this could be a decent team offensively. I was talking about last years.

KC had a great turnover ratio last year, you sir are right. What you are forgetting is and WAS their inability to FINISH GAMES in the fourth quarter.
Not being able to score off of those turnovers was part of it. The Chiefs forced a lot of turnovers in the final quarter this past year. A majority of those turnovers were not turned into points by the offense during the tight situations.

Hopefully Todd Haley WILL get the right guys in there to help us win. I am CERTAIN that he will do a better job of it than you. And WHEN THIS TEAM WINS MORE THAN 6 GAMES, You will finally have a little respect for little ole' BarryinStouis.

And by the way Farzin, I really have a ton of respect for you. I mean that. But I'M COOL. Your not being cool.Well that's why I get paid to talk about the team and not coach. But I'm also certain that he will do a better job of it than you as well. And after your amazing prediction, you already have my respect. I'm not so much worried about someone on the internet telling me if I'm cool or not.

BarrySPAMAID
07-12-2009, 05:58 PM
True, but I feel like I'm reading a little kid's post..

Sure it did. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=givetake&season=2&year=2003

Great offense, great special teams, and good defense. The defense came through a lot back then. But also made a lot of errors.

Again, I never said anything negative about this years offense. I'm excited for the players and offensive coaches this year. All they need is some help on the receiving core and this could be a decent team offensively. I was talking about last years.

Not being able to score off of those turnovers was part of it. The Chiefs forced a lot of turnovers in the final quarter this past year. A majority of those turnovers were not turned into points by the offense during the tight situations.

Well that's why I get paid to talk about the team and not coach. But I'm also certain that he will do a better job of it than you as well. And after your amazing prediction, you already have my respect. I'm not so much worried about someone on the internet telling me if I'm cool or not.

It's not that I was saying that you were or weren't cool. It was that you weren't being cool. Case in point. Because you feel like your reading a little kids post? If that is how I come off, why would you even bother talking to me?

This offense heated up toward the end of the year last season. I still think that there are plenty of players that can contribute OTHER than the 30 plus percent of the offense that left to Atlanta. THIS TEAM is better than 6 wins. They were better than 2 wins last year too, but the coaching let them down as far as Im concerned.

acesn8s
07-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Well that's why I get paid to talk about the team and not coach. But I'm also certain that he will do a better job of it than you as well. And after your amazing prediction, you already have my respect. I'm not so much worried about someone on the internet telling me if I'm cool or not.You get paid?

BarrySPAMAID
07-12-2009, 06:34 PM
You get paid?
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

DeezNutz
07-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Who is Farzin?

Farzin
07-12-2009, 07:25 PM
You get paid?

Gotta love the money.

acesn8s
07-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Gotta love the money.Need an assistant? I need a job. :D

Farzin
07-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Need an assistant? I need a job. :D

No longer hiring, sorry :D

acesn8s
07-12-2009, 08:19 PM
No longer hiring, sorry :D:doh!:

Farzin
07-12-2009, 08:21 PM
:doh!:

You could very well try WPI...or Home of the Chiefs!

acesn8s
07-12-2009, 08:27 PM
You could very well try WPI...or Home of the Chiefs!Hmmm. I can misspell words! http://www.smileyhut.com/excited/dribble.gif

BarrySPAMAID
07-12-2009, 10:17 PM
You could very well try WPI...or Home of the Chiefs!
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Now that was funny. Good one bro. lol

Mecca
07-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Tough schedule, new schemes, major holes still...

There will be a huge hole after the first month and a half of the season...

Somewhere between 3-6.

CrazyPhuD
07-13-2009, 12:20 AM
OK I'll make a real prediction. Remember you heard it first here!

Chiefs 9-11 this year and SB champs.

Sweep the donkeys and the raiders in the regular season and split 1-1 with SD. Cassel plays well but gets hurt in the last game of the season in a meaningless game. Thigpen comes off the bench is the playoffs and is able to miraculously survive and our line leading the chiefs to 4 straight wins in the post season and a ring!

Farzin
07-13-2009, 05:40 AM
I do expect a sweep over the Raiders and the Broncos. They only lost by one point to SD twice. I feel like with our off season adjustments, we'll get at least a game. I want to say they'll go 6-0 in this division. It's really not that strong. That's why they are lucky to be in the AFC West. SD is good, but Norv has declined with this team ever since becoming the Chargers head coach. If the Chargers screw up or if one of their players run into an injury, then this division can go to Kansas City. Best part is, (if that happens), Arrowhead will host a playoff game. That's how bad this division is.

DaneMcCloud
07-13-2009, 11:45 AM
I do expect a sweep over the Raiders and the Broncos. They only lost by one point to SD twice. I feel like with our off season adjustments, we'll get at least a game. I want to say they'll go 6-0 in this division. It's really not that strong. That's why they are lucky to be in the AFC West. SD is good, but Norv has declined with this team ever since becoming the Chargers head coach. If the Chargers screw up or if one of their players run into an injury, then this division can go to Kansas City. Best part is, (if that happens), Arrowhead will host a playoff game. That's how bad this division is.

The AFC West is not "Bad". It's just no where near as strong as the AFC North or NFC East.

The people that live in KC seem to be under some sort of spell. It's as if just because Carl & Herm are gone, the Chiefs will automatically be close to a 10 game winner, despite the lack of a solid offense line, a true second and third receiving option, an untested defensive line and no true pass rusher.

Additionally, the Chargers have NOT declined since Norv became head coach. They advanced to the AFC Championship Game and LOST without the services of LT. Last year, they beat the 12-4 Colts without LT or Merriman and lost in Pittsburgh without either.

So many people automatically assume that Denver, despite a solid draft and some solid free-agent signings, will automatically suck because they traded a QB that NEVER WON ANYTHING. Cutler hasn't had a winning season since high school. And Josh McDaniels and Mike Nolan are far more proven than Todd Haley and Clancy Pendergast (Denver has more talent from top to bottom as well).

It's absolutely ludicrous to assume that because the Chiefs lost to San Diego last year by a few points, that exact same scenario will be repeated and/or improved upon this upcoming season. The Chiefs traded away a consistent 1,000 yard/10 TD receiver and failed to replace him. If anything, the Chiefs offense won't be even close to last year's in terms of overall output.

Get some perspective.

DeezNutz
07-13-2009, 11:47 AM
It's absolutely ludicrous to assume that because the Chiefs lost to San Diego last year by a few points, that exact same scenario will be repeated and/or improved upon this upcoming season.

SD is going to ask the Chiefs if they'd rather grab their knees or their ankles.

DaneMcCloud
07-13-2009, 11:56 AM
SD is going to ask the Chiefs if they'd rather grab their knees or their ankles.

Dude, I would LOVE it if the Chiefs came out and whipped everyone's ass, went 10-6 and won a playoff game in Haley's first year. I'd be going absolutely nuts, each and every Sunday.

But the bottom line is that we're at least one full season away from doing that, if not two.

It sucks that our team's roster is crap. It sucks that our team hasn't had great, consistent drafts since the 80's (don't fool yourselves - Marty won with Schaaf and Steadman's talent in the beginning). But, Carl ruined this franchise with his ridiculous coaching hires and subsequent draft philosophies.

I fully expect (actually, demand) that Pioli rights this ship, but it'll take even him more than a couple of seasons to get it headed in the right direction.

In the meantime, get used to more losing.

DeezNutz
07-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Dude, I would LOVE it if the Chiefs came out and whipped everyone's ass, went 10-6 and won a playoff game in Haley's first year. I'd be going absolutely nuts, each and every Sunday.

But the bottom line is that we're at least one full season away from doing that, if not two.

It sucks that our team's roster is crap. It sucks that our team hasn't had great, consistent drafts since the 80's (don't fool yourselves - Marty won with Schaaf and Steadman's talent in the beginning). But, Carl ruined this franchise with his ridiculous coaching hires and subsequent draft philosophies.

I fully expect (actually, demand) that Pioli rights this ship, but it'll take even him more than a couple of seasons to get it headed in the right direction.

Spot. On.

BarrySPAMAID
07-13-2009, 01:51 PM

Wow, dismal post.

With respect, I couldn't disagree more. Our roster is not crap. They have drafted some pretty awesome players. This isnt going to take Pioli, or ANYONE 2 years to right the ship. I will keep my response short, and just say I really hope you are wrong. You have a dismal outlook on your team. Drink some koolaid bro, your team is better than you think. Im sorry. You go ahead and get used to more losing, it will be that much sweeter for you in the end I guess. But not here. No way, no how does this fan EVER cash a season in before training camp. Never.

BarrySPAMAID
07-13-2009, 01:52 PM

THIS!!

Great post Farzin. Now this is what I am talking about!!:thumb: It's not filled with koolaid, I will say that, but this is a strong argument to make for the west. Therefore, +1 for you. :thumb:

Titty Meat
07-13-2009, 01:52 PM
Actually that was a great post by Dane

Chiefnj2
07-13-2009, 01:54 PM
Wow, dismal post.

With respect, I couldn't disagree more. Our roster is not crap. They have drafted some pretty awesome players. This isnt going to take Pioli, or ANYONE 2 years to right the ship. I will keep my response short, and just say I really hope you are wrong. You have a dismal outlook on your team. Drink some koolaid bro, your team is better than you think. Im sorry.

6 wins in two years.

BarrySPAMAID
07-13-2009, 02:02 PM
6 wins in two years.

Bad coaching bro. Like, freaking little kid bad coaching. Herm could find a talented player. I still believe that. But he couldn't coach, and his conditioning program was a joke compared to Haley's.

Remember, less than 50 points from 10 wins last year. Less than 50 points.

DeezNutz
07-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Bad coaching bro. Like, freaking little kid bad coaching. Herm could find a talented player. I still believe that. But he couldn't coach, and his conditioning program was a joke compared to Haley's.

Remember, less than 50 points from 10 wins last year. Less than 50 points.

Wow. Randoms numbers. Sweet!

This is similar to when coaches say, "If it weren't for those 2-3 plays..." Yeah, you know...the margin of difference in almost ALL NFL games.

The roster is depleted of talent. Get over it.

BarrySPAMAID
07-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Wow. Randoms numbers. Sweet!

This is similar to when coaches say, "If it weren't for those 2-3 plays..." Yeah, you know...the margin of difference in almost ALL NFL games.

The roster is depleted of talent. Get over it.

You know what, polish it any way you want to, and I will do the same there bro.... I just choose not to eat shit sandwiches when I talk about my favorite team, thats all. You Get over it, and if you cant, just put me on ignore. I don't mind at all bro. I am not for everybody. I understand that. I am not going to put you on ignore because I enjoy your posts. But if you gotta do it to me, I completely understand. I love my Chiefs, I am sorry for nothing.

orange
07-13-2009, 02:31 PM
BarrysKOOLAID,

What was your prediction for 2008 one year ago?

Try to be honest.

DeezNutz
07-13-2009, 02:39 PM
You know what, polish it any way you want to, and I will do the same there bro.... I just choose not to eat shit sandwiches when I talk about my favorite team, thats all. You Get over it, and if you cant, just put me on ignore. I don't mind at all bro. I am not for everybody. I understand that. I am not going to put you on ignore because I enjoy your posts. But if you gotta do it to me, I completely understand. I love my Chiefs, I am sorry for nothing.

"Get over it." Common Hermism.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Chill.

MMXcalibur
07-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Most are looking at 6 wins. I'll got with 5.
If we can hit 5 solid wins, I'll be happy and believe we're on the right track back up.

FAX
07-13-2009, 03:49 PM

Ever watch your pet parakeet die, Mr. BarrysKOOLAID? It's sad. Sure, you can remember all the good times you had with your parakeet. That time in the kitchen when he got out and hid in the fruit basket. That other time when you gave him Sugar Pops to eat and he spent the day flying around in his cage, bashing his head into the bars.

But, the fact is your parakeet is dead. Herm killed our parakeet, man.

FAX

BarrySPAMAID
07-13-2009, 03:53 PM
BarrysKOOLAID,

What was your prediction for 2008 one year ago?

Try to be honest.

10-6 Look it up. It has been 4 years in a row. For those that dont understand this anamoly, just look at my very first entry to my blog last year. I go into great detail as to why it is 10-6 EVERY YEAR. I never change it.

Fair enough?

DaneMcCloud
07-13-2009, 03:55 PM
10-6 Look it up. It has been 4 years in a row. For those that dont understand this anamoly, just look at my very first entry to my blog last year. I go into great detail as to why it is 10-6 EVERY YEAR. I never change it.

Fair enough?

So you've been a moron for years and this is nothing new.

Figures.

BarrySPAMAID
07-13-2009, 03:56 PM
"Get over it." Common Hermism.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Chill.

LOL, funny.

Most are looking at 6 wins. I'll got with 5.
If we can hit 5 solid wins, I'll be happy and believe we're on the right track back up.

Aww, thats sad.

Ever watch your pet parakeet die, Mr. BarrysKOOLAID? It's sad. Sure, you can remember all the good times you had with your parakeet. That time in the kitchen when he got out and hid in the fruit basket. That other time when you gave him Sugar Pops to eat and he spent the day flying around in his cage, bashing his head into the bars.

FAX

Dude, I never had a parakeet, so I'm strugglin with this.

I guess Cassel is my new parakeet?

orange
07-13-2009, 03:57 PM

Fair enough?

Figures.

At least he's not fixated on the unholy 9-7.

milkman
07-13-2009, 03:58 PM
The AFC West is not "Bad". It's just no where near as strong as the AFC North or NFC East.

The people that live in KC seem to be under some sort of spell. It's as if just because Carl & Herm are gone, the Chiefs will automatically be close to a 10 game winner, despite the lack of a solid offense line, a true second and third receiving option, an untested defensive line and no true pass rusher.

Additionally, the Chargers have NOT declined since Norv became head coach. They advanced to the AFC Championship Game and LOST without the services of LT. Last year, they beat the 12-4 Colts without LT or Merriman and lost in Pittsburgh without either.

So many people automatically assume that Denver, despite a solid draft and some solid free-agent signings, will automatically suck because they traded a QB that NEVER WON ANYTHING. Cutler hasn't had a winning season since high school. And Josh McDaniels and Mike Nolan are far more proven than Todd Haley and Clancy Pendergast (Denver has more talent from top to bottom as well).

It's absolutely ludicrous to assume that because the Chiefs lost to San Diego last year by a few points, that exact same scenario will be repeated and/or improved upon this upcoming season. The Chiefs traded away a consistent 1,000 yard/10 TD receiver and failed to replace him. If anything, the Chiefs offense won't be even close to last year's in terms of overall output.

Get some perspective.

Overall, I agree with you.

I will say, however, that the Chargers have declined under Norv Turner.

They don't play nearly as well in teh rgular season under Norv as they did under Marty.

But they do play better when the playoffs roll along, and that is the difference.

I fully expect their defense will play at a much higher level to start the season under Ron Rivera than they did at the start of last season under Ted Cottrell, and the Chargers will win the division with at least 10 wins, and probably a sweep of the Chiefs.

The Chiefs, Raiders, and Donkeys will probably all split their games with each other, and will battle for last place amongst each other.

BarrySPAMAID
07-13-2009, 03:58 PM

Figures.
Actually Dane, that is a common response. I forgive you.

The 10-6 derives from the koolaid blog that I write. I try to be exciting ya know. I try not to sound like everyone else. It's called Shaman.

That is Indian for "Gifted Ones"

Work it out on your own.

BarrySPAMAID
07-13-2009, 03:59 PM
At least he's not fixated on the unholy 9-7.

AHHHH!! The force is STRONG with this one? I too, am ORANGOTAINISH.

milkman
07-13-2009, 04:01 PM
Actually Dane, that is a common response. I forgive you.

The 10-6 derives from the koolaid blog that I write. I try to be exciting ya know. I try not to sound like everyone else. It's called Shaman.

That is Indian for "Gifted Ones"

Work it out on your own.

What you mean't to say is that you try not to get into to touch with reality.

BarrySPAMAID
07-13-2009, 04:02 PM
What you mean't to say is that you try not to get into to touch with reality.

MEAN OLD MAN ALERT MEAN OLD MAN ALERT!! lol...

It's ok buddy.

orange
07-13-2009, 04:03 PM
AHHHH!! The force is STRONG with this one? I too, am ORANGOTAINISH.

But are you..

ORANGABOUTTOWN?

BarrySPAMAID
07-13-2009, 04:05 PM
But are you..

ORANGABOUTTOWN?

NICE, no, but I am ORANGUTAINO

Mr. Flopnuts
07-13-2009, 04:07 PM
I'm not going to blast someone who obviously loves the Chiefs beyond reason. I'm not having a cup of the Kool Aid, but you're good in my book Barry. The Chiefs are our team, be as blind of a homer as you want too buddy.

orange
07-13-2009, 04:08 PM
BarrysKOOLAID. Check your rep.

BarrySPAMAID
07-13-2009, 04:11 PM
I'm not going to blast someone who obviously loves the Chiefs beyond reason. I'm not having a cup of the Kool Aid, but you're good in my book Barry. The Chiefs are our team, be as blind of a homer as you want too buddy.

THIS!!! RIGHT HERE!! THIS!!!

Thanks Mr. Flopnuts!

BarrySPAMAID
07-13-2009, 04:12 PM
BarrysKOOLAID. Check your rep.

Dude, I LOVE IT!! Readily Employable!!! LOL Thats awesome. Thanks!

acesn8s
07-13-2009, 04:32 PM

FAXhttp://www.clipartof.com/images/thumbnail/2153.gif I MISS MY PARAKEET!!!

acesn8s
07-13-2009, 04:37 PM
orange and BarrysKOOLAID's avatar are eerily similar. Funny but eerie.

Farzin
07-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Dane. You make some good points. But I have to strongly disagree when you say this division is not considered bad. It is. We had two teams finish with eight wins on top of the division. The Broncos lost their last few games, and without Jay Cutler, that team is going to get worse. The Chargers, I think, are still the team to beat. They barely got into the playoffs, but I guess people need to take into consideration that they did get screwed over by Ed Hochuli.

The Chargers defense can be better if everyone is healthy, they missed Merriman last year obviously. Offensively, I don't consider Philip Rivers much of a threat, at least against Kansas City. It's the running game that I fear.

San Diego-Their running game is always exciting to watch with LT and Sproles. They hope to improve with Merriman returning, despite the defense getting older.
Kansas City-Most active offseason. Only huge negative is the loss of Tony Gonzalez
Oakland-Tom Cable is the head coach..enough said...
Denver-Josh McDaniels shipped out one of the best QBs right now in the league and possibly getting ready to ship out one of the best receivers right now in the league.

Again, since the arrival of Turner, this team has declined record wise despite the fact they've found success in the playoffs. But last year the Chargers won a division with eight games. If the Chiefs cannot get past the Chargers, then maybe San Diego can make it again with a .500 record.

Then again, we're only in mid-July. A lot can happen between now and September. I'm just hoping that if anything big does happen during that time period, it will benefit the Chiefs. For now, six wins is all we can ask for. This is a brand new team trying to dig itself out of Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards' mess.

orange
07-13-2009, 06:23 PM
orange and BarrysKOOLAID's avatar are eerily similar. Funny but eerie.

:titus:

so if this is still the what fight would you want to see thread, I want to see Kyle DeLexus vs. Katipan! I'd just lay down like Thales Leites did against Anderson Silva and let her work her ground and pound.

sorry.....we've established that it is Jilly vs. katipan

I'm watering down the mud right now.

Okay, but leave me some airholes on the sides of the pool, ok?

Anyone ever notice how similar Pestilence's and Orange's avatars are?

Or yours and Jilly's.

http://www.liberalsmustdie.com/content/binary/JesusFigurines.jpg

Ummm....huh? Captain Crunch and a monkey have what in common?

Orange cereal - orange fur.

I thought it was maybe the moustache.

Or the expression.

it's their facial expressions, particularly around the mouth area

Hey.....the Captain gets all the girls. They love to lick the crunchberries.

My ape picture was titled "Orangutan has the look of love."

He had just had cataract surgery and could now see his mate for the first time and was displaying for her.

Orangutans are so romantic......

Cap'n Crunch, too, apparently.

Yep...you know it.

Coach
07-13-2009, 06:32 PM
I'm going with 4.

DaneMcCloud
07-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Dane. You make some good points. But I have to strongly disagree when you say this division is not considered bad. It is. We had two teams finish with eight wins on top of the division. The Broncos lost their last few games, and without Jay Cutler, that team is going to get worse. The Chargers, I think, are still the team to beat. They barely got into the playoffs, but I guess people need to take into consideration that they did get screwed over by Ed Hochuli.

Jay Cutler sucks. He hasn't led a winning team since high school. While he may have all the tools (ala Jeff George), he's not a leader on the field or the locker room. With their free-agency and draft additions, the Broncos will be at least as good as last year.

No ONE knows what will happen with the Raiders. It's just as easy to predict they'll suck as it is to predict they'll win 10 games. If McFadden stays healthy, they'll have a decent offense. Their defense was already tough and they've added Greg Ellis. They're not going to be a pushover, whatsoever.

The Chargers are clearly the best team in the division. Say what you will about Rivers but he's tough as nails. They also have (IMO) the best back up QB in the league with Billy Volnek.

The Chiefs will have to kick, fights, and scream for all 16 games if they're to win even 4 games. We'll see what kind of character Haley instills in them this season with they're sitting at 1-7 after eight games.

Rain Man
07-13-2009, 06:47 PM
One cannot be anything but blindly optimistic at this time of year. With Cassel's MVP year, 1,984 yards by LJ, Bowe's breakout, 15 sacks by both Hali and Tyson Jackson, and the development of the best defensive backfield since Ross, Lewis, Burruss, and Cherry, I don't see how we can lose.

Rasputin
07-13-2009, 06:51 PM
I think we could win 6 to 9 games this year its our schedule that is brutal but we will be a better team even with out TG

FAX
07-13-2009, 07:03 PM
... The Chiefs will have to kick, fights, and scream for all 16 games if they're to win even 4 games. We'll see what kind of character Haley instills in them this season with they're sitting at 1-7 after eight games.

I don't foresee it being all that dire, Mr. DaneMcCloud. In fact, I don't think we should underestimate the impact on the team of Haley's and Pioli's presence.

The more I learn of Haley, the more comfortable I am with his selection as a head coach. Things may change in the heat of battle, but he doesn't appear to be the nut-job the media was describing. In fact, he seems to be at once somewhat humble, dedicated, and focused.

Pioli is really an ace in the hole. League execs and fans aren't the only ones who recognize his past achievements. The players will likely play their hearts out for this guy since they know full well that A) He fields winners and B) They'll have their asses cut if they don't.

All in all, the changes that Clark made will ultimately be made manifest on the field of play - perhaps sooner than we expect. We've already seen a marked difference in philosophy when it comes to off-season physical preparation. I encourage you to park the doom and store the gloom so you'll have room for for your heart to bloom when play resumes.

It's now up to us fans to drink beers.

FAX

acesn8s
07-14-2009, 02:45 PM
It still seems that everone thinks we are going to be around 6 wins.

FAX
07-14-2009, 02:53 PM
It still seems that everone thinks we are going to be around 6 wins.

Yep. It sure does.

And it looks like one person thinks we are going to have 3 wins.

FAX

acesn8s
07-14-2009, 03:14 PM
When I did a poll before the draft it was much the same. I guess we didn't improve any. sigh

Frankie
07-14-2009, 03:32 PM
Yep. It sure does.

And it looks like one person thinks we are going to have 3 wins.

FAX

How can we win ANY games when we don't play one PRE_CAMP, Mr. FAX?!