PDA

View Full Version : Misc Anyone have high blood pressure?

kcxiv
07-13-2009, 01:49 AM
Last 2 days for me sucked ass. I have had head aches and dizzy spells, finally tonight, i couldnt take it anymore. I thought iw as going to pass out, kinda scared me. I was making me a nice tuna sandwhich during the process, i almost fell down. I got light headed and said fuck this, called my mom so she can take me to the ER. Sure enough, mY BP was sky to the high. lol 155/111 which isnt good obvisously. So they give me bp medication and 2 mg of ativan, to relax me.

15 min later that ativan rocked my world. Blood pressure went down to 119/92 and was still dropping. Sooo, now i have to join the high blood pressure medication club. I am only 32 years old WTF. lol

JOhn
07-13-2009, 01:58 AM
Nothing to mess around with my friend. I started to get it in my early 30's and ignored it. Way to many years of high stress jobs, family history & smoking led to my demise. Hell I was in the medical field for nearly 15 years, and should have known better.
But I ignored it, so 7 days before my 41st B-day my body said enough. I suffered a pretty bad heart attack & ended up with 5 stints before it was all said and done. You would have thought I had learned my lesson, but no.
Had an episode similar to yours about a month ago, and passed out, thank god my daughter was there to call the Ambulance. Seems even on the meds, I wasn't under control and had to get my meds adjusted.

Be 43 in a month, and I know I really need to watch my diet, stress etc...but it still a tough fight.

Does High B/P run in your family?

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-13-2009, 03:52 AM
I've been on BP medication for about 15 years. It normally runs about 135/95 with meds.

Two weeks ago I went on a crash diet and lost 25 pounds ,quit drinking,which I've been a heavy drinker for 30 years and incorporated vinegar into my diet, a teaspoon in the morning and one in the evening.

My blood pressure now runs 90/60 consistently and I quit my meds about 4 days ago. I didn't realize my BP had dropped off until I was paiting a room and everytime I'd go from a kneeling position to standing I would get so dizzy I'd almost blackout.

If youre BP is high make sure you take your meds but you most likely can fix it like the doctor will tell you through diet and exercise.

sodcat
07-13-2009, 04:35 AM
I got it aslo, family thing, take lisinopril daily, Hog Farmer, what type, and what benefits do you get from the vinegar?

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-13-2009, 04:51 AM
I got it aslo, family thing, take lisinopril daily, Hog Farmer, what type, and what benefits do you get from the vinegar?

Vinegar supposedly has lots of medicinal benefits ,one of which is reducing blood pressure. Google "vinegar health benefits" and I'm sure you'll find plenty of info.

I got into vinegar as I got sick and had a terrible cough I could'nt shake and an old lady told me to get a cup of warm water and add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of honey and drink it to cure. It worked. Then she loaned me a book of hers called "healing vinegar" to read and I've been hooked ever since.

i take a teaspoon of "red wine vinegar" every evening and incorporate it into my meals also. I cook chicken based with extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar and also on any salad or veggies.

sodcat
07-13-2009, 05:05 AM
Vinegar supposedly has lots of medicinal benefits ,one of which is reducing blood pressure. Google "vinegar health benefits" and I'm sure you'll find plenty of info.

I got into vinegar as I got sick and had a terrible cough I could'nt shake and an old lady told me to get a cup of warm water and add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of honey and drink it to cure. It worked. Then she loaned me a book of hers called "healing vinegar" to read and I've been hooked ever since.

i take a teaspoon of "red wine vinegar" every evening and incorporate it into my meals also. I cook chicken based with extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar and also on any salad or veggies.

Thanks! I will check it out, always looking for a little extra help!

Mr. Krab
07-13-2009, 09:20 AM
mY BP was sky to the high. lol 155/111 which isnt good obvisously.
155/111 ..... wuss, that's not high. :p

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=206058&highlight=blood

Mr. Flopnuts
07-13-2009, 09:28 AM
Last 2 days for me sucked ass. I have had head aches and dizzy spells, finally tonight, i couldnt take it anymore. I thought iw as going to pass out, kinda scared me. I was making me a nice tuna sandwhich during the process, i almost fell down. I got light headed and said fuck this, called my mom so she can take me to the ER. Sure enough, mY BP was sky to the high. lol 155/111 which isnt good obvisously. So they give me bp medication and 2 mg of ativan, to relax me.

15 min later that ativan rocked my world. Blood pressure went down to 119/92 and was still dropping. Sooo, now i have to join the high blood pressure medication club. I am only 32 years old WTF. lol

Are you fat dude? I can't figure out why it would be that high at your age. Now, I do exercise at about 25 miles a week but I'm 32, weigh 325lbs and have perfectly normal blood pressure. I don't know much about it, is it hereditary? I hope you take it seriously brah, it's a silent killer.

chubychecker
07-13-2009, 10:07 AM
I've been on medicine since I was 23. Sucks ass but as long as you treat it you will be fine.

MVChiefFan
07-13-2009, 10:07 AM

Do you just take the teaspoon straight or do you mix it with something?

mikeyis4dcats.
07-13-2009, 10:09 AM
some people are just pre-dispositioned. A buddy of mine that's in great physical shape has had high BP since his late teens and takes meds.

Buehler445
07-13-2009, 10:16 AM

I took cider vinegar by teaspoon for 3 days. It was horrible.
Posted via Mobile Device

JD10367
07-13-2009, 10:21 AM
155/111 induced dizziness and headaches? Hmm. The bottom number is high but my pressure has been around that level and I've had no effects.

I've had HBP for a few years now. I'm just north of 40. Without the Lisinopril/HCTZ I run around 140 to 160 over 100. With it, I range from 135/95 to 120/85. I also have "White Coat Syndrome", and am always sky-high at the doctor's office (which, according to my doctor, is the worst place you can get measured, LOL).

You can buy a good home digital meter pretty cheaply nowadays. I check it at night before bed, sometimes quite often, other times not so much, LOL. But it's good to have it around so I can check it if I want to.

Diet and exercise will definitely bring the BP down as well as the cholesterol and the diabetes. I carry around that typical 20-pound roll of belly fat, and I know if I got rid of it I'd improve in all those areas...

Frazod
07-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Middle-aged, fat and high strung - big shock that I've got high blood pressure. Mine was a lot higher than 150/110, too.

I'm on medication for it now, though, which keeps it completely in check. Had a check-up last week, it was 128/82. :thumb:

MVChiefFan
07-13-2009, 10:25 AM
I took cider vinegar by teaspoon for 3 days. It was horrible.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's what I was thinking...that can't be good.

DTLB58
07-13-2009, 11:05 AM
Last 2 days for me sucked ass. I have had head aches and dizzy spells, finally tonight, i couldnt take it anymore. I thought iw as going to pass out, kinda scared me. I was making me a nice tuna sandwhich during the process, i almost fell down. I got light headed and said **** this, called my mom so she can take me to the ER. Sure enough, mY BP was sky to the high. lol 155/111 which isnt good obvisously. So they give me bp medication and 2 mg of ativan, to relax me.

Any shortness of breath or fatigue lately?

This all happened to me and about 2 months later here I am sitting at home recovering from open heart surgery after valve replacement. :doh!:

Gracie Dean
07-13-2009, 11:40 AM
hubby has had high bp for about 4 years and he is just now 40

his weight doesn't help the situation. He is about 230

B_Ambuehl
07-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Are you fat dude? I can't figure out why it would be that high at your age. Now, I do exercise at about 25 miles a week but I'm 32, weigh 325lbs and have perfectly normal blood pressure. I don't know much about it, is it hereditary? I hope you take it seriously brah, it's a silent killer.

Body-fat and food intake influence blood pressure through increased metabolic signaling of various hormones and neurotransmitters that are really adaptations that limit further weight gain. The fact that you have normal blood pressure at 325 lbs is a characteristic of those that are more wired to be fat. Your body isn't really resisting or responding to your weight gain. Some peple develop problems type II diabetes and high blood pressure at relatively low body-fat levels. They're more wired to be lean..their bodies start resisting fat gain at lower levels.

Jenson71
07-13-2009, 11:44 AM
I do yoga. Sometimes it works but other times I get stuck and then my BP skyrockets.

JD10367
07-13-2009, 11:54 AM

This all happened to me and about 2 months later here I am sitting at home recovering from open heart surgery after valve replacement. :doh!:

Your sig has a typo. :) Although I like the way the typo sounds better!

BigVE
07-13-2009, 12:00 PM
The thing with high blood pressure is that overall your body sort of adapts to it but the scary part of this is the long term affects...my dad has fought with his high blood pressure for years and has not done it very well. As a result he has had eye problems ( he burst blood vessels in his right eye so bad that now he is legally blind in that eye), and most recently he found out that he has serious kidney problems that are also a result of untreated or improperly treated high blood pressure. The kidney problems are pretty serious and he is only 63. As if you didn't already know it...this isn't anything to play around with.

BigChiefFan
07-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Excercise is the key to lowering your blood pressure.

BigOlChiefsfan
07-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Dash Diet (http://dashdiet.org/) helps. Eat more potassium and magnesium-rich foods (unsalted nuts, ripe peppers, melons, bananas and other fresh fruit, spinach). Exercise, specifically walk and swim. Lose weight if you need to, take your meds as directed.

Rain Man
07-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Excercise is the key to lowering your blood pressure.

No kidding. I've lowered my blood pressure over 30 points on the top and 15 points on the bottom in the last six months with diet and exercise.

Stewie
07-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Dash Diet (http://dashdiet.org/) helps. Eat more potassium and magnesium-rich foods (unsalted nuts, ripe peppers, melons, bananas and other fresh fruit, spinach). Exercise, specifically walk and swim. Lose weight if you need to, take your meds as directed.

I do the Dash Diet and I control my BP very well.

The symptoms in the OP don't sound like a BP issue to me. Your BP is going to be elevated just because of the situation described. I'd buy a monitor (they're pretty cheap) and monitor your BP as directed. The BPs taken in a doctor's office (or ER) are often high and misleading. White coat disease is very common.

kcxiv
07-13-2009, 04:14 PM

not the shortness of breathe really. Fatigue either. I just got really dizzy and headaches.

i am a big overweight, but not by that much. I been eating better and what not. Once they gave me the medication lastnigh. it pretty much all went away. little headache, but i had it for a few days, so i am sure its not just going to go. Its not bad today, fairly weak atm, but like i said, i got some meds incoming.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-13-2009, 05:57 PM

In the evening I just take a teaspoon of red wine vinegar straight. After years of tasting gasoline to check for peoples car problems it's really not that bad !

RJ
07-13-2009, 06:13 PM
I like vinegar.

I like pickle juice, too. I wonder if that would have the same effect.

The sodium might defeat the purpose.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-13-2009, 07:33 PM
I like vinegar.

I like pickle juice, too. I wonder if that would have the same effect.

The sodium might defeat the purpose.

I would go with the Vinegar.

sedated
07-13-2009, 08:12 PM
I exercise 4 or 5 times a week, am only 28, but am still on the cusp, usually 135 or 140/80-ish. Family history. Dad had a stroke a couple weeks ago. My bro goes out of his way to cut sodium (no deli meat, no canned sauces, etc).

I've gotten light-headed when I stand up sometimes in the past. But I figure my problem is the excessive drinking. I'll deal with it when I hit 30.

With any luck, when I'm 60 I will die during sex with a hot 20-year-old.

PastorMikH
07-13-2009, 08:12 PM
Been on high blood pressure meds for 3-4 years now. Knowing what I know now, I should have been on them in my early 20s as my BP as an adult had always been mid 130s over 90s. I tried to avoid BP meds for years because of the "side affects" I had heard they caused. I have not had any problems at all - the only side affect I have is my feet tend to get cold, even when it's warm. I wear socks more now and my BP is usually around 120 over 70.

If you have boarderline or high BP, talk to your Dr. Even running boarderline can make you a higher risk for heart problems and strokes.