PDA

View Full Version : Football Cromartie=travis henry??

SAUTO
07-13-2009, 10:05 AM
seven kids in 5 states, and admits to just recently taking responsibility for them??? man what a piece of shit

Gonzo
07-13-2009, 10:08 AM
seven kids in 5 states, and admits to just recently taking responsibility for them??? man what a piece of shit

Link?

SAUTO
07-13-2009, 10:11 AM
Link?

cant remember how, si.com

Buck
07-13-2009, 10:13 AM
I heard it on the SD Radio this morning, its true.

He said that he takes care of the girls and the kids financially, but his agent is asking the girls to not pester him too much this years so he can keep the off field distractions to a minimum so he can make more money and easier support the kids.

SAUTO
07-13-2009, 10:13 AM
I heard it on the SD Radio this morning, its true.

He said that he takes care of the girls and the kids financially, but his agent is asking the girls to not pester him too much this years so he can keep the off field distractions to a minimum so he can make more money and easier support the kids.

JUST RECENTLY

SAUTO
07-13-2009, 10:14 AM
and link http:/www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nfl

doomy3
07-13-2009, 10:15 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&line=145834&id=3671

Antonio Cromartie-DB- Chargers Jul. 12 - 11:48 am et

Coming off a disappointing season in 2008, Antonio Cromartie blames at least five paternity suits for keeping his head out of the game.
At this pace, he's going to going to shatter the records of Travis Henry and Shawn Kemp. Cromartie, who is not married or engaged, has at least seven kids in five states. The 2007 Pro Bowler is now fully recovered from a fractured hip that hampered him throughout last season.
Source: San Diego Union-Tribune

Buck
07-13-2009, 10:16 AM
JUST RECENTLY

What are you talking about? The kids cant be any more than 1 or 2 years old, unless he was impregnating people in College, but I guess thats possible.

Deberg_1990
07-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Not saying what Cromartie is doing is right but........

When it comes to sports figures, all i care about is talent and guys who help my team win games.

Just like you and I, all these guys have flaws. Alot of them are not role models no matter how much we may wish it to be true.

To hold them to some mythical higher standard than you or I is unrealistic and unreasonable.

doomy3
07-13-2009, 10:20 AM

When it comes to sports figures, all i care about is talent and guys who help my team win games.

Just like you and I, all these guys have flaws. Alot of them are not role models no matter how much we may wish it to be true.

To hold them to some mythical higher standard than you or I is unrealistic and unreasonable.

Yeah, because it would be perfectly acceptable for you or I to have 7 kids in 5 states, have paternity suits out, etc.

Deberg_1990
07-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Yeah, because it would be perfectly acceptable for you or I to have 7 kids in 5 states, have paternity suits out, etc.

I missed the part where i typed that.

Brock
07-13-2009, 10:21 AM

How about just the same standard there, sparky?

Mile High Mania
07-13-2009, 10:22 AM

Well, not impregnating a good percentage of the female population with half a dozen or more fun babies before your 25 isn't really asking much or setting a high bar of expectations. It's common sense.

Sure, I can't expect an athlete to understand the financial plight of the normal man and things of that nature, but some of this other stuff is a bit out of hand.

Buck
07-13-2009, 10:24 AM
I'm not advocating the guy or anything...but at least he plans on taking care of them.

Deberg_1990
07-13-2009, 10:24 AM
How about just the same standard there, sparky?

As long as he takes care for these kids financially, he can have 20 kids for all i care. Its his life, not mine yours or anyone elses.

Like i said, its not the life i would pursue, im just saying......

SAUTO
07-13-2009, 10:25 AM
What are you talking about? The kids cant be any more than 1 or 2 years old, unless he was impregnating people in College, but I guess thats possible.

READ the article on si, he says himself that he just started RECENTLY taking care of them

KCUnited
07-13-2009, 10:27 AM
So thats how he injured his hip.

Brock
07-13-2009, 10:27 AM
As long as he takes care for these kids financially, he can have 20 kids for all i care. Its his life, not mine yours or anyone elses.

Reducing the role of a father in a kid's life to a financial obligation just creates a new generation of directionless shitheads. I'm judging him by the same standard as anyone else.

Mile High Mania
07-13-2009, 10:35 AM
Reducing the role of a father in a kid's life to a financial obligation just creates a new generation of directionless shitheads. I'm judging him by the same standard as anyone else.

http://www.bingo-paypal.co.uk/articles/images/paypal_bingo.jpg

kstater
07-13-2009, 10:38 AM
After the first or second or even the third, you'd think he'd learn to wrap it up.

MagicHef
07-13-2009, 10:39 AM
READ the article on si, he says himself that he just started RECENTLY taking care of them

He acknowledged it hasn't always been so, but he is trying to take care of them financially. "It took me awhile to man up and say, 'I gotta do what I'm supposed to do,'and accept my responsibilities," said Cromartie, who is not married or engaged to any of the mothers.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/110170-paternity-suits-injury-slowed-cromartie?eref=fromSI

LaChapelle
07-13-2009, 10:51 AM

Sounds like he's making the extra large ladies happy.

wild1
07-13-2009, 11:03 AM

No kidding. It's been going on for a generation already, but it used to be the exception and not the rule

MMXcalibur
07-13-2009, 11:06 AM

I really didn't care considering the kids and women were going to be financially taken care of...I mean, that's not the way I'd go about living life....but whatever floats your boat.

However, when I got to Brock's post, it dawned on me that these kids won't have a father giving them the full attention, love and support a father should be giving to their offspring. How ****ing hard is it for some of these athletes to use a condom? I don't expect them to be role models either, but Christ almighty...when poon is coming in from all directions, wrap it up.

the Talking Can
07-13-2009, 11:06 AM

come on, that was funny...

Deberg_1990
07-13-2009, 11:09 AM
IHow ****ing hard is it for some of these athletes to use a condom? I don't expect them to be role models either, but Christ almighty...when poon is coming in from all directions, wrap it up.

Agreed. Or better yet, abstain as much as possible.

Shox
07-13-2009, 11:12 AM

Wrong attitude in my opinion.

Look at the facts; children from single parent homes have a much higher percentage of problems....drugs, crime, welfare receipants etc. etc. These guys run around having their jollies and fathering children which they have little or nothing to do with, and they grow up and expand the criminal and welfare state.

I'm not saying all single parent children are destined for this fate, but statistically a good portion of them are.

Yes, a person has the right to live his life as he wants, but only up to the point. This kind of behavior is the reason this country has reached the point we are at today.

It's time to quit excusing this type of behavior.

orange
07-13-2009, 11:21 AM
Sounds like he's making the extra large ladies happy.

"The bigger the cushion, the better the pushin'."