PDA

View Full Version : Electronics Need an AT&T Blackberry or IPhone - ebay?

Mile High Mania
07-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Ok, so my Tilt phone (which sucks) has crapped out on me... it's a company provided phone. I'm out of warranty and it's 8 months before I can upgrade via the company plan. Barring an exception, I will likely have to buy the phone on my own.

So, I'd like to spend as little as possible... don't care to drop $300+ of my own money at this point.

Do any of you know of reputable sellers on ebay? Or is there a better way to go about finding a Blackberry or iPhone that works with AT&T?

thanks...

ziggysocki
07-13-2009, 10:36 AM
I am pretty sure the iphone is compatible on AT&T...lol. :> (made for at&t exclusively) But I would buy a crappy $40 flip phone and deal with it for 8 months then get something good with the upgrade/ but I am a cheap ass bastard.

Mile High Mania
07-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Sure, I knew the iPhone was only for AT&T... just wanted to point out I wasn't tied to getting a blackberry. I have a personal phone that I could use, but I'm out a lot and would like to have access to email, etc.

mikeyis4dcats.
07-13-2009, 10:38 AM
why would you replace a company phone out of pocket if you didn't break it?

Mile High Mania
07-13-2009, 10:41 AM
why would you replace a company phone out of pocket if you didn't break it?

Same question I am asking... I'm out of warranty and the company policy is not to upgrade prior to 24 months and I'm at the 18 month mark. So, if I don't receive the exception, I'm on my own.

It's stupid...

mikeyis4dcats.
07-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Same question I am asking... I'm out of warranty and the company policy is not to upgrade prior to 24 months and I'm at the 18 month mark. So, if I don't receive the exception, I'm on my own.

It's stupid...

I'd tell them if they want you to have a phone then pony up. You'll buy it then get canned or laid off and they'll keep it.

If it's normal wear and tear they have no standing.

Mile High Mania
07-13-2009, 10:45 AM
I'd tell them if they want you to have a phone then pony up. You'll buy it then get canned or laid off and they'll keep it.

If it's normal wear and tear they have no standing.

If it were only that easy... if I do buy the device, I keep it - that much I know. Trust me, I've had 2 rounds of calls with wireless support.

Mr. Krab
07-13-2009, 11:27 AM
You can get an Iphone for $99 bucks with contract extension but be aware that AT&T forces you get get the internet package with it for 30 bucks a month.

dj56dt58
07-13-2009, 11:49 AM
call customer service and ask them about the upgrade advantage..they offer both the curve and Pearl..its not as cheap as an upgrade but a lot cheaper than full retail. if you have 12 months or more on your contract there is no extension

edit: nermind, if your at the 18 month mark your eligible for upgrade and wouldn't qualify for this

dj56dt58
07-13-2009, 11:50 AM
You can get an Iphone for $99 bucks with contract extension but be aware that AT&T forces you get get the internet package with it for 30 bucks a month.

true but not if his company won't let him upgrade

Also since this is a company phone he might need to pay 45.00 a month for the enterprise data plan

WilliamTheIrish
07-13-2009, 01:49 PM
Stay out of the sun!!!!!