PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request can things get worse?

Rasputin
07-13-2009, 07:08 PM
I lost my home, I lost my job & my van broke down. I live in Salina Ks. I pay a hell of a lot in child support so I couldn't afford rent when they cut my hours. I told my work I was going to take a leave of absence so I could stay with my mom in Greensburg till September. I changed my mind during the week and decided to stay and live at the homeless shelter untill I can get back on my feet. They hired somebody to replace me and now I am out of a job. I went to Greensburg for the weekend and I was heading back to Salina & my van broke down. Transmission leaking everywhere. My mom came to pick me up and the van is in the shop. Just haven a hell of a time.

Sorry I have been gone so long.

RJ
07-13-2009, 07:15 PM
Yes, things can get worse. Try to remember that.

Best of luck with your troubles, these things tend to go in cycles.

Dante84
07-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Stay strong brother. No shit, no flowers. Look for ways you can start to pull yourself up, a little at a time. There is ALWAYS a way out, and nothing is hopeless.

Just think:

Last year, we had no QB, Carl was a dick, Herm was coach, LJ was smackin' ho's, Bowe was dropping balls, we had 10 sacks.... it goes on and on and on.

NOW, we may have a QB, Carl got his come-uppence, Herm got the boot, we got Pioli, Haley is a hardass, and there is hope for a brighter future. The Broncos are whores also, but that's not new.

Such is life.

What?

FAX
Mr. KC Tattoo. I know for sure that, from a purely spiritual perspective, things can improve. Dramatically and quickly. Know that I will connect to the Aethers on your behalf tonight.

Please keep a positive attitude and expect a miracle.

FAX

Rain Man
Would you mind if I bought an insurance policy on you? I'm bound to score a big win on a lightning strike or bear attack.

Hang in there. Everyone takes hits, and the key to success is how you deal with them and pick yourself back up.

Mr. Krab
07-13-2009, 07:17 PM
wow, sorry to hear.

Rasputin
07-13-2009, 07:21 PM
Would you mind if I bought an insurance policy on you? I'm bound to score a big win on a lightning strike or bear attack.

Hang in there. Everyone takes hits, and the key to success is how you deal with them and pick yourself back up.

yes you can buy insurance policy lol

Rasputin
07-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Stay strong brother. No shit, no flowers. Look for ways you can start to pull yourself up, a little at a time. There is ALWAYS a way out, and nothing is hopeless.

Just think:

Last year, we had no QB, Carl was a dick, Herm was coach, LJ was smackin' ho's, Bowe was dropping balls, we had 10 sacks.... it goes on and on and on.

NOW, we may have a QB, Carl got his come-uppence, Herm got the boot, we got Pioli, Haley is a hardass, and there is hope for a brighter future. The Broncos are whores also, but that's not new.

Such is life.

What?

some how I feel much better

Rasputin
07-13-2009, 07:25 PM
& my girl friend left me I haven't got laid in three months.

FAX
07-13-2009, 07:26 PM
There's also this, Mr. KC Tattoo ...

Swearing can make you feel better, lessen pain

LONDON (Reuters Life!) - Cut your finger? Hurt your leg? Start swearing. It might lessen the pain.

Researchers from the school of psychology at Britain's Keele University have found swearing can make you feel better as it can have a "pain-lessening effect," according to a study published in the journal NeuroReport.

Colleagues Richard Stephens, John Atkins and Andrew Kingston, set out to establish if there was any link between swearing and physical pain.

"Swearing has been around for centuries and is an almost universal human linguistic phenomenon," says Stephens.

"It taps into emotional brain centers and appears to arise in the right brain, whereas most language production occurs in the left cerebral hemisphere of the brain. Our research shows one potential reason why swearing developed and why it persists."

Their study involved 64 volunteers who were each asked to put their hand in a tub of ice water for as long as possible while repeating a swear word of their choice.

They then repeated the experiment using a more commonplace word that they would use to describe a table.

The researchers found the volunteers were able to keep their hands in the ice water for a longer when swearing, establishing a link between swearing and an increase in pain tolerance.

Stephens said it was not clear how or why this link existed but it could be because swearing may increase aggression.

"What is clear is that swearing triggers not only an emotional response, but a physical one too, which may explain why the centuries-old practice of cursing developed and still persists today," he said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUSTRE56C1B320090713?feedType=RSS&feedName=lifestyleMolt&rpc=22&sp=true

FAX

Coach
07-13-2009, 07:28 PM
There's also this, Mr. KC Tattoo ...

Swearing can make you feel better, lessen pain

LONDON (Reuters Life!) - Cut your finger? Hurt your leg? Start swearing. It might lessen the pain.

Researchers from the school of psychology at Britain's Keele University have found swearing can make you feel better as it can have a "pain-lessening effect," according to a study published in the journal NeuroReport.

Colleagues Richard Stephens, John Atkins and Andrew Kingston, set out to establish if there was any link between swearing and physical pain.

"Swearing has been around for centuries and is an almost universal human linguistic phenomenon," says Stephens.

"It taps into emotional brain centers and appears to arise in the right brain, whereas most language production occurs in the left cerebral hemisphere of the brain. Our research shows one potential reason why swearing developed and why it persists."

Their study involved 64 volunteers who were each asked to put their hand in a tub of ice water for as long as possible while repeating a swear word of their choice.

They then repeated the experiment using a more commonplace word that they would use to describe a table.

The researchers found the volunteers were able to keep their hands in the ice water for a longer when swearing, establishing a link between swearing and an increase in pain tolerance.

Stephens said it was not clear how or why this link existed but it could be because swearing may increase aggression.

"What is clear is that swearing triggers not only an emotional response, but a physical one too, which may explain why the centuries-old practice of cursing developed and still persists today," he said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUSTRE56C1B320090713?feedType=RSS&feedName=lifestyleMolt&rpc=22&sp=true

FAX

Those fucksticks actually figured this out like, 20 years later?

Get on with the times, man.

RJ
07-13-2009, 07:28 PM

Look on the bright side. If she were still around she'd probably just be bitching at you about how fucked up everything is.

Contrary to popular opinion, misery does not always love company.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-13-2009, 07:30 PM
This will be a time you look back on later on and will remember. When one door closes another will open. Mark my words.

Anyway were all gonna die in 2012. Nostradumbass said so!

Rasputin
07-13-2009, 07:31 PM
Look on the bright side. If she were still around she'd probably just be bitching at you about how ****ed up everything is.

Contrary to popular opinion, misery does not always love company.

I am better off with out her she was missing with my mind:spock:

milkman
07-13-2009, 07:32 PM
If I was a praying man, I'd pray for you.

Hang in there.

Rasputin
07-13-2009, 07:32 PM
This will be a time you look back on later on and will remember. When one door closes another will open. Mark my words.

2112 huh well I hope the Chiefs win the SuperBowl that is all I ask for before I die.

milkman
07-13-2009, 07:33 PM
I am better off with out her she was missing with my mind:spock:

Problems abound.

Your woman AND your mind missing!

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-13-2009, 07:35 PM
2112 huh well I hope the Chiefs win the SuperBowl that is all I ask for before I die.

I've been saying that for 20 years!

Dante84
07-13-2009, 07:38 PM
some how I feel much better

And my ex gf says I wasn't caring. Shows her! I am gunna call her and tell her!

ring....ring....ring...

Her Hello?
Me Hey bitch, you know what positive rep is?
Her Who is this?!
Me um... sorry, wrong number.
Her Brad?!
click...

ring....ring.....ring.....ring

Voicemail Hi, this is Sarah, sorry I missed your call, leave a message and I will call you right back!
Me Hey, Sarah, it's Brad. Funny story. You see, I was thinking about you today, and, ha! Well, you see, its just so funny. I called you, well, it wasn't YOU but I meant to call you, and it was my mom! And I cussed at her, and then I hung up. Well, I guess it's not THAT funny, but you had to be there. So funny at the time. So, what's new? Dating anyone? I am. I-ahhh!!! I miss you so much, Sarah, god I ****ing miss you. The way-
Voicemail Your message has reached the maximum time limit.
click

ring....ring.....ring.....ring

Voicemail Hi, this is Sarah, sorry I missed your call, leave a message and I will call you right back!
Me Hey! Sarah! Brad here. I don't know if you got that last message. Haha! Funny story. You see, I was just kidding about all that. Hahaha! You know, joking? With the, um, jokes. Call me, we can hang out or something. Yeah! Like old times! Er, I mean, um...yup. Catch ya later, Dude! Bye........... Miss you. Bye.
click

Bugeater
07-13-2009, 07:39 PM
RJ is correct, these things do always come in cycles. I've went through several stretches where life constantly shoveled shit in my face and I wondered if it was ever going to end. Just hang in there man, things will turn.

LaChapelle
07-13-2009, 07:44 PM
Sounds like fate wants you in Greensburg and available.

Rain Man
07-13-2009, 07:47 PM

See? It's already getting better. It turns out that she wasn't really a woman.

Rasputin
07-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Sounds like fate wants you in Greensburg and available.

I was thinking about staying for a while but it is too far from my kids they live in Russle ks.

FAX
07-13-2009, 08:03 PM
I knew this guy that we used to call "Boston Harvey". Boston Harvey was a pretty cool dude with a twinkle in his eye, a big, giant, handlebar mustache, the calloused hands of a roofer, and the temperament and inherent nature of a philosopher. Anyhow, Boston Harvey had this saying, "If you're sucking air, it's a good day." Ol' Boston Harvey used to say that all the time. Over and over. Even the last time I laid eyes on Boston Harvey, that's what he said.

I never thought to ask Boston Harvey about exhaling.

FAX

Rasputin
07-13-2009, 08:03 PM
what nobody is suggesting Anti-freeze?

Bugeater
07-13-2009, 08:07 PM
BTW, wasn't Greensburg the town that was pretty much wiped off the map by a tornado a couple years ago? I bet a lot of people living there at the time were feeling the same way you do right now.

Rasputin
07-13-2009, 08:09 PM
BTW, wasn't Greensburg the town that was pretty much wiped off the map by a tornado a couple years ago? I bet a lot of people living there at the time were feeling the same way you do right now.

Yea my mom was trapped for three hours under sheet rock. she is ok lucky to be alive. this town was missed up bad.

DeezNutz
07-13-2009, 08:10 PM
May you soon find yourself in Erin Andrews' bath water.

Stay strong.

Bugeater
07-13-2009, 08:10 PM
Yea my mom was trapped for three hours under sheet rock. she is ok lucky to be alive. this town was missed up bad.
And have the people there bounced back from their misfortune?

RJ
07-13-2009, 08:13 PM

The funny part about irony is how ironic it can be.

Rasputin
07-13-2009, 08:16 PM
And have the people there bounced back from their misfortune?

I'll bounce back but I have been dealing with depression for a long time. I pay so much in child support that I can't make a living on my own. It's been rough for a long time they wont reduce my child support I tried to get it lowered. I really don't know what to do sometimes.

RJ
07-13-2009, 08:17 PM
I'll bounce back but I have been dealing with depression for a long time. I pay so much in child support that I can't make a living on my own. It's been rough for a long time they wont reduce my child support I tried to get it lowered. I really don't know what to do sometimes.

Was the child support based on better earnings from an earlier time?

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-13-2009, 08:19 PM

Didn't he say that was gonna happen in 2000 too?

FAX
07-13-2009, 08:19 PM
“I once complained that I had no shoes, but then I met a man who had no feet ... who was struck by a bus carrying a marching band and, when a trombone came flying out of the bus and smacked him real hard right upside the noggin, it knocked him into the gutter where he picked up a horrible virus from the nasty gutter water that caused all of his skin to fall off in big patches.”

Feel better, dude.

FAX

FAX
07-13-2009, 08:20 PM

Can you get a hearing so the judge can be informed that you no longer have a job? Do you have an attorney?

FAX

Rasputin
07-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Was the child support based on better earnings from an earlier time?

Yes I use to make good money but the job was stressful and hard on my back so I changed careers and made less money but I would get overtime until they cut back on overtime.

Rasputin
07-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Can you get a hearing so the judge can be informed that you no longer have a job? Do you have an attorney?

FAX

no attorney my court is in Garden City and I would have to go there to do anything but I plan to get an attorney now when I find a job.

Buehler445
07-13-2009, 08:24 PM

You should be able to get that lowered if you are now jobless.

Stay strong brothaman.

RJ
07-13-2009, 08:26 PM
Yes I use to make good money but the job was stressful and hard on my back so I changed careers and made less money but I would get overtime until they cut back on overtime.

There's a lot of that going around. Maybe you can find a judge who has heard about the economy.

FAX
07-13-2009, 08:26 PM
no attorney my court is in Garden City and I would have to go there to do anything but I plan to get an attorney now when I find a job.

Dang. I think you might want to consider calling your attorney and get him to send the judge a letter or something. Probably only cost you a couple hundred or so to do that. With luck, the judge will waive the child support for a while until you at least get a job.

FAX

boogblaster
07-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Hang in Tatoo .. shit will get better .. time changes all ..

Rasputin
07-13-2009, 08:30 PM
football can't come soon enough to cheer me up:(

Bugeater
07-13-2009, 08:32 PM
football can't come soon enough to cheer me up:(
Uhhh....you're a Chiefs fan, right?

JD10367
07-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Reminds me of the old joke about the guy who got fired from his job. On the way home, his car broke down. Pulling over, he walked the rest of the way home to find his house had burned down, and a note on the door from his wife saying she'd taken the dog and left him. Sighing, the man went into the garden of the smoldering house where he'd been growing strawberries. He picked the strawberries and put them in a basket, and went door-to-door with a sign, "Strawberries, $1,00 a pound". The first door he knocked on, the door opened to reveal a scantily-clad smiling MILF. The man immediately started crying. "Oh, my!" she exclaimed. "What's the matter?!?" "Oh, I've just had the worst day!" the man sobbed. "I lost my job, my car broke down, my house burned down, and my wife and dog left me, and all I have left in this world is this basket of strawberries... and now you're gonna f**k me out of my strawberries!"

Rasputin
07-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Uhhh....you're a Chiefs fan, right?

with a :arrow: tattoo YES!

Bugeater
07-13-2009, 08:36 PM
with a :arrow: tattoo YES!
:doh!:

In that case I take everything I said back...things WON'T be getting better anytime soon...

Long Duk Dong
07-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Hang in there buddy.

It is these difficult times that make us stronger.

milkman
07-13-2009, 08:55 PM
Reminds me of the old joke about the guy who got fired from his job. On the way home, his car broke down. Pulling over, he walked the rest of the way home to find his house had burned down, and a note on the door from his wife saying she'd taken the dog and left him. Sighing, the man went into the garden of the smoldering house where he'd been growing strawberries. He picked the strawberries and put them in a basket, and went door-to-door with a sign, "Strawberries, $1,00 a pound". The first door he knocked on, the door opened to reveal a scantily-clad smiling MILF. The man immediately started crying. "Oh, my!" she exclaimed. "What's the matter?!?" "Oh, I've just had the worst day!" the man sobbed. "I lost my job, my car broke down, my house burned down, and my wife and dog left me, and all I have left in this world is this basket of strawberries... and now you're gonna f**k me out of my strawberries!"

I know this is entirely too analytical, but his house burned down but left the door intact?

RJ
07-13-2009, 08:57 PM
:doh!:

In that case I take everything I said back...things WON'T be getting better anytime soon...

ROFL

JD10367
07-13-2009, 08:58 PM
I know this is entirely too analytical, but his house burned down but left the door intact?

It's a joke my dad told me a long time ago, I had to reconstruct it off the cuff, I might have f**ked up the details, LOL... but you get the point.

RJ
07-13-2009, 08:58 PM

He probably meant the gate.

Dante84
07-13-2009, 09:34 PM

Was this chick's name Sarah by any chance?! That bitch! I oughta call her and give her a piece of my mind....

ring.....ring.....ring.....ring..

Me See here, bitch! I heard about your husband. You got married?! And didn't tell me about it?!! How long, Sarah!? HOW LONG?!!!? Well guess what! I burnt his house down! hahaha!!!! That's what he gets. You will always be mine! You bitch! I love you, YOU BITCH!!! (sniff, sniff) ....... call me.
click

ring.....ring.....ring.....ring..

Me Hey babe! Just one other quick thing before I hit the gym. So, hey, uh, about that fire thing? I was hoping that could stay between you and I. I probably shouldn't have said anything. Or started the fire. But I WASN'T ****ING SOMEONE ELSE!!!! ...... sorry, sorry... heh heh...ahhh....yup. Dinner sometime next week? Call me!
click

Tiger's Fan
07-13-2009, 09:42 PM

Steel door.

Pioli Zombie
07-13-2009, 09:49 PM
Oh God you live in Salina,Kansas????????????
Posted via Mobile Device

Rasputin
07-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Oh God you live in Salina,Kansas????????????
Posted via Mobile Device

Why U do?

FAX
07-13-2009, 09:54 PM

And where did he get the basket?

This story makes no sense.

FAX

Pioli Zombie
07-13-2009, 10:02 PM
At least your not in Abilene.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rasputin
07-13-2009, 10:15 PM
At least your not in Abilene.
Posted via Mobile Device

I use to deliver uniforms to Abilene. yes I am glad don't live there

teedubya
07-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Things could be worse... you could jack off boar for pig semen everyday.

right? Right?

FAX
07-13-2009, 10:21 PM
A lone cowboy rode into Abilene just before a hanging was to take place. He asks one of the townspeople, "Say podnah, who's that man gettin' hunged there?" and the townsperson said, "Ah, some cowboy who came to town wearing brown paper pants, brown paper chaps, and a brown paper hat and shirt." Puzzled, the cowboy asked, "So, why are them people hangin' him?" To which the townsperson replied, "Rustling".

FAX

smittysbar
07-13-2009, 10:30 PM
Sorry to hear that KC, you definitely need to get in front of the judge ASAP to get your support reduced.

Rasputin
07-13-2009, 10:37 PM
I tried but failed now I am going to get an attorney. we will see

Jenson71
07-13-2009, 10:38 PM
That is rough. What are you going to do for a job?

Rasputin
07-13-2009, 10:39 PM
That is rough. What are you going to do for a job?

that is a good question. I am going to have to hit the pavement and find something I'll probably hate what ever I get but I will get by.

JOhn
07-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Dude it can ALWAYS get worse...Trust me I know from first hand experience. I've been exactly were you are, actually a lot lower, so yea I know.

But it WILL get better, just hang in there and make the most of your opportunities.

stumppy
07-13-2009, 10:42 PM
I tried but failed now I am going to get an attorney. we will see

Good luck. Hope everything works out for the better.

Jenson71
07-13-2009, 10:47 PM
that is a good question. I am going to have to hit the pavement and find something I'll probably hate what ever I get but I will get by.

Well, good luck. There is some dignity that is admirable in going through hard times. That's probably of no use or consolation to you, though, but it's true.

FAX
07-13-2009, 11:08 PM
Reminds me of a joke ...

Three nuns, a Jew, an Irishman, and a professional basketball player with a frog in his pocket walk into a bar ...

... well, I can't remember the rest of it, but that's a great start to a joke, I think.

FAX

JOhn
07-13-2009, 11:38 PM
Reminds me of a joke ...

Three nuns, a Jew, an Irishman, and a professional basketball player with a frog in his pocket walk into a bar ...

... well, I can't remember the rest of it, but that's a great start to a joke, I think.

FAX

I thought it was a Gerbil, not frog?

Oh wait, wrong pocket. :doh!:

FAX
07-14-2009, 12:16 AM
I thought it was a Gerbil, not frog?

Oh wait, wrong pocket. :doh!:

No, it was a frog for sure, Mr. JOhn. I wish I could recall the rest of the joke. It was pretty good. Anyway, here's another one ...

Mr. Raised On Rats and a Giant Sphincter walked into a bar. Mr. Raised On Rats ordered a beer and the bartender said, "Before I serve you, who's the big, ugly asshole?" Taken slightly aback, Mr. Raised On Rats said, "That's not an asshole. That's a Giant Sphincter!" to which the bartender replied, "Hey you! I was talking to the Sphincter."

FAX

googlegoogle
07-14-2009, 01:01 AM
get on the phone to the judge and tell them about your problems and the payments.

KcFanInGA
07-14-2009, 03:40 AM
Keep your head up man. It may not seem like things can get worse, but believe it, they can. But hang in there. Eventually you will end up in better shape than when this shitstorm started, it's just hard to see it from where you are now. But it almost always works like that for me, and most people I know.

Rausch
07-14-2009, 03:51 AM
It's not where you are but where you're going to be...

keg in kc
07-14-2009, 04:26 AM
When the chips are down, that's when we show what we're made of. It's not easy to do, by try to think of this as your chance to really shine, to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and head into the next stage of your life. Don't let the past be a barrier to the future. Things can get better.

LaChapelle
07-14-2009, 04:45 AM
Go with the dry dog food instead of the moist.

Pioli Zombie
07-14-2009, 05:57 AM
At least you're not chinese.

Ok, I don't why I said it. Sorry.
Posted via Mobile Device

jidar
07-14-2009, 07:22 AM
You tried to take a leave of absence and lost your job.
That's not bad luck.

JOhn
07-14-2009, 08:37 AM
It's not where you are but where you're going to be...

Nice way to look at it.:clap:

ChiTown
07-14-2009, 08:42 AM
Sending some positive mojo your way, KC Tat. Take it, and make the best of a shitty situation. To better days!:toast: