PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request Pray for my friend please

J Diddy
07-14-2009, 11:30 AM
As some of you remember a couple of years back I had to attend the funeral of a then 9 year old girl who was the daughter of one of my lifelong friends on my birthday. After many hard times my friend finally dealt with the grief and get his stuff together. He got together with a really nice lady and they had a baby 4 months ago. This morning he texted me that his baby quit breathing and they had to take him to the hospital where they life flighted him to springfield. I just got off the phone with him a sec ago and he told me has without oxygen for upwards of 30 minutes, his internal organs are shutting down and they only gave him a 5% chance to live.

Please if you get an opportunity say a little prayer for my friend wade,his baby gavean and the rest of his family. They need some help right now.

*****Update**********
Gavean just passed away. His internal organs failed and there was nothing the could do. RIP little buddy.

Skip Towne
07-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Done

Fish
07-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Wow. That's tough. Prayers their way.

Buck
07-14-2009, 11:33 AM
Wow. How horrible.

Prayers to the family.

seclark
07-14-2009, 11:38 AM
done
sec

big nasty kcnut
07-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Done
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiTown
07-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Horrible.

They will most certainly be in our prayers.

talastan
07-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Done!! God please be with the child and the family.

Bowser
07-14-2009, 11:55 AM
You got it.

RJ
07-14-2009, 12:10 PM
What a sad story.

Prayers for the baby, your friend and the mom.

1ChiefsDan
07-14-2009, 12:12 PM
prayers headed to springfield

evolve27
07-14-2009, 12:14 PM
My heart goes out.

Buehler445
07-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Goddamn. That's tough, man.

Prayers sent skyward.

Buddy Rich
07-14-2009, 12:39 PM
done

kc rush
07-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Really sorry to hear this. You, he and his family are in my thoughts.

Simply Red
07-14-2009, 12:51 PM
As some of you remember a couple of years back I had to attend the funeral of a then 9 year old girl who was the daughter of one of my lifelong friends on my birthday. After many hard times my friend finally dealt with the grief and get his stuff together. He got together with a really nice lady and they had a baby 4 months ago. This morning he texted me that his baby quit breathing and they had to take him to the hospital where they life flighted him to springfield. I just got off the phone with him a sec ago and he told me has without oxygen for upwards of 30 minutes, his internal organs are shutting down and they only gave him a 5% chance to live.

Please if you get an opportunity say a little prayer for my friend wade,his baby gavean and the rest of his family. They need some help right now.

for sure, man. done.

FAX
07-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Absolutely, Mr. J Diddy.

FAX

Hydrae
07-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Thoughts and prayers for all involved.

J Diddy
07-14-2009, 07:28 PM
an update: I just got off the phone with my friend. Right now they're concerned that he hasn't went to the bathroom and his kidneys might be failing. They also told him that most come out of it by now or not at all. Doesn't look well at all.

FAX
07-14-2009, 08:18 PM
Damn. Just don't give up hope, Mr. J Diddy. That's the worst thing to do. Miracles happen.

FAX

pr_capone
07-14-2009, 10:24 PM
done

urgmasdaughter
07-15-2009, 12:45 AM
Good luck

Lzen
07-15-2009, 08:13 AM
That's horrible. I can't imagine what they must be going through. We will pray for Wade, gavean, and family.

Lumpy
07-15-2009, 09:52 AM
As a new mom myself, my heart goes out to Gavean's parents. RIP

ROYC75
07-15-2009, 11:20 AM
So sad, sorry I'm late ,I just found this thread.

fan4ever
07-15-2009, 12:18 PM
an update: I just got off the phone with my friend. Right now they're concerned that he hasn't went to the bathroom and his kidneys might be failing. They also told him that most come out of it by now or not at all. Doesn't look well at all.

My son was born with a prolapsed cord and ended up with Cerebral Palsy. They watched his kidneys closest because the body has a hiearchy as to what it is willing to give up when oxygen is being deprived; the kidneys are among the first major organs to go.

My prayers are with your friend; can't imagine anything worse than losing a child . . . and twice. I hope God grants him the strength he needs to deal with all of this.

Earthling
07-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Prayers sent. Heartfelt sympathy goes out as well.

PhillyChiefFan
07-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Wow, that is terrible. Prayers their and your way.

Extra Point
07-15-2009, 05:22 PM
Sorry. Sadness.

teedubya
07-16-2009, 12:57 AM
any update?

Man, I feel for this poor family... that is a serious hand Wade has been dealt. OMFG.

Prayers/// wow.

J Diddy
07-16-2009, 01:51 AM
any update?

Man, I feel for this poor family... that is a serious hand Wade has been dealt. OMFG.

Prayers/// wow.

I posted the update in the OP, the baby passed away. Kidneys failed nothing could be done.

Real concern i have is I got 2 messages from him via text this morning

1 said organs shutting down not looking good
2 he died

I hope god gives me friend the strength to deal with this. I don't know if I could. 2 decades I've known this man, since I was barely a teen. Tragedy has befallen a good man. I've caught myself crying off and on all day.

Scheduled a one on one camping trip with my son at the last minute, just beause I realized how precious every minute is. My wife put it best when she said "you know the things we take for granted every day, wade would kill for right now"

Good advice, imo.

FAX
07-16-2009, 10:14 AM
Of all the circumstances we're forced to deal with in this life, the most difficult, by far, is the death of a child, Mr. J Diddy. Unquestionably the most difficult. Who can understand it? Who can make sense of it?

For me, the only solace available is the knowledge that we are not solely physical beings ... that we have a spirit - a life-force that transcends physicality. That means that your friend's child will never, ever really be gone. Physically taken, yes. But not gone.

There's nothing a person can say in a situation like this. You're right, of course. All you can do is support your friend and his wife. Share this experience with them. Listen to them. Be there for them. That's all you can do and, strangely, it's more than enough.

But Jesus called them to him, saying, “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God.

FAX

J Diddy
07-18-2009, 12:10 AM
I'd just like everyone to know that I pulled this up on his laptop last night. We'd had a few beers, dropped more than a few tears, and more hugs than I could count. I showed him this thread he read every reply, but the last one from fax seemed to bring him the most comfort. He wanted me to tell everyone thanks for your thoughts.

What's making it worse is that they still haven't done an autopsy but I guess Gavean was an organ donor so they "harvested tissue" don't quite know what that means, but I know a part of him will live on physically. They are of course trying to put closure on this and get the funeral done but it may be a week after my buddy's baby left us and it seems like it's dragging on.

ForeverChiefs58
07-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Prayers are for you, your friend and his family. May he have the strength to get through this rollercoaster we call life.

Hydrae
07-18-2009, 09:19 AM
I'd just like everyone to know that I pulled this up on his laptop last night. We'd had a few beers, dropped more than a few tears, and more hugs than I could count. I showed him this thread he read every reply, but the last one from fax seemed to bring him the most comfort. He wanted me to tell everyone thanks for your thoughts.

What's making it worse is that they still haven't done an autopsy but I guess Gavean was an organ donor so they "harvested tissue" don't quite know what that means, but I know a part of him will live on physically. They are of course trying to put closure on this and get the funeral done but it may be a week after my buddy's baby left us and it seems like it's dragging on.

Just being there is the best a friend can ask for. :thumb:

I am surprised they would harvest organs before an autopsy. That seems backwards.

milkman
07-18-2009, 09:53 AM
Wow, that's tough.

Positive thoughts headed your way.

DaFace
07-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Just being there is the best a friend can ask for. :thumb:

I am surprised they would harvest organs before an autopsy. That seems backwards.

Many organs are only usable if they are harvested (that sounds like a really bad term for this, but I don't know of a better one) within a very short period of time after death.