07-17-2009, 01:01 AM
Jordan is now "The First Kobe"

Hey-Oh!

Reaper16
07-17-2009, 01:02 AM

Hey-Oh!
Wrong-Oh!

I love Kobe, though; don't get me wrong.

DaneMcCloud
07-17-2009, 01:02 AM
I have an ingrown hair on the larger of my two testicles. It hurts.

Care to guess which one?

Kobe or Michael: You choose.

KCChiefsMan
07-17-2009, 01:03 AM
thats just f*cking stupid, are you serious?

everyone wants the new Jordan, but there is only one. And don't give me that "oh, well, the talent is better now....shit" Jordan played against hall of fame players, more than there isnow, Jordan is the best and I bet he will remain that way for many more years to come. Or many more decades actually.

Buck
07-17-2009, 01:04 AM
Heh.

Lets see how many posts til people figure out I'm kidding.

88TG88
07-17-2009, 01:15 AM
This thread needs more Kobe

BWillie
07-17-2009, 01:28 AM
How come everybody wants to find the next Jordan? I want to the NBA to find the next Wilt Chamberlain...

RustShack
07-17-2009, 01:51 AM
Uhh... Neither are LeBron James.

JohnnyV13
07-17-2009, 02:10 AM
To me, Jordan is sort of like Babe Ruth: he changed the game. Statistical comparisons or even on field skills aren't exactly how those icons are measured. Their affect is they showed different skills which changed everyone's approach to the game.

Pioli Zombie
07-17-2009, 04:36 AM
Kobe is the little bitty pieces of corn in Jordans crap. He doesn't even come close to Jordan. NEXT.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
07-17-2009, 04:57 AM
I grew up in SoCal and went to many Lkers games when I was there. I left in 1996, you do the math.

I got to see many games with Ceballos, VanExel, Vlade, Jones and Campbell. One of the few teams ever to send four players to the all star team.

I get to the midwest and they get Kobe and Shaq!

MJ would have won nine straight titles if his dad didnt get killed in a carjacking and he wanted to play baseball.

Even if Kobe wins the next two championships, MJ won two threepeats without a great team surrounding him.

MJ was the best at any sport...period!

Everyone else will be compared to him, but nobody will ever replicate what MJ did.

crazycoffey
07-17-2009, 05:08 AM
I have an ingrown hair on the larger of my two testicles. It hurts. Care to guess which one?

The larger one! What do I win?
Posted via Mobile Device

Amnorix
07-17-2009, 06:01 AM

Hey-Oh!

You sig seems a bit strange -- do you have some kind of Patriots fixation or something? :D :p

the Talking Can
07-17-2009, 06:11 AM
Kobe couldn't rape Jordan's jockstrap....

blaise
07-17-2009, 07:15 AM
Jordan never lost a Finals series.

ChiTown
07-17-2009, 07:19 AM

Apparently, you haven't watched MJ try to hit a AA curveball, or hit a golf ball...........:p

Mr. Flopnuts
07-17-2009, 09:04 AM
I grew up in SoCal and went to many Lkers games when I was there. I left in 1996, you do the math.

I got to see many games with Ceballos, VanExel, Vlade, Jones and Campbell. One of the few teams ever to send four players to the all star team.

I get to the midwest and they get Kobe and Shaq!

MJ would have won nine straight titles if his dad didnt get killed in a carjacking and he wanted to play baseball.

Even if Kobe wins the next two championships, MJ won two threepeats without a great team surrounding him.

Everyone else will be compared to him, but nobody will ever replicate what MJ did.

I don't understand why everyone says that. Scottie Pippen was an amazing player in his own right. Horace Grant, John Paxton, Bill Cartwright. That team was loaded. All that said, they don't do shit without Mike. Michael is the GOAT.

DMAC
07-17-2009, 04:19 PM
I would all of Kobe....oh, wait....Kobe would all of me, I guess.

kcxiv
07-17-2009, 04:20 PM
KOBE!!!!! number 5 in 2010 bitches get ready!!!!!!!!! woohoooo

Reaper16
07-17-2009, 04:25 PM
KOBE!!!!! number 5 in 2010 bitches get ready!!!!!!!!! woohoooo
You'd better re-sign Odom first.

Buck
07-17-2009, 04:39 PM
You sig seems a bit strange -- do you have some kind of Patriots fixation or something? :D :p

Here let me blow that up for you.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee142/cksimon1/BB.jpg

Shaid
07-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Sorry but Kobe will probably never reach Jordan's heights. He elevated the game, Kobe just plays it damn well.

Reaper16
07-17-2009, 04:52 PM
I don't understand why everyone says that. Scottie Pippen was an amazing player in his own right. Horace Grant, John Paxton, Bill Cartwright. That team was loaded. All that said, they don't do shit without Mike. Michael is the GOAT.
Yeah, the idea that MJ didn't have great players around him is dumb.

kcxiv
07-17-2009, 07:49 PM
You'd better re-sign Odom first.

Odom would be nice, but i dont think they 'need' him to win it all.

Reaper16
07-17-2009, 07:51 PM
Odom would be nice, but i dont think they 'need' him to win it all.
I don't know. He seemed to be your barometer last year. Then again, you're going to get a strong defensive effort out of Artest, so who knows.

Fishpicker
07-17-2009, 07:55 PM
I have an ingrown hair on the larger of my two testicles. It hurts.

Care to guess which one?

Kobe or Michael: You choose.

asymetrical testicles?

you might want to get that checked...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BHKMCrDaHRY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BHKMCrDaHRY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

SPATCH
07-17-2009, 08:29 PM
please read: then kindly walk away

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=208971

Fishpicker
07-17-2009, 09:00 PM
back to the original topic:

MJ is the best IMO. MJ started out as the best slasher in the league. then he became the best perimeter player in the NBA. And in his final stint, he was a great post player. he is the only player I would consider to have a preternatural ability to play basketball.

luv
07-17-2009, 09:04 PM

Hey-Oh!

You must be high.

blaise
07-17-2009, 10:04 PM
I don't think Odom's coming back to L.A. Just my opinion.

Buck
07-18-2009, 03:04 AM
You must be high.

Haven't smoked weed in months.

J Diddy
07-18-2009, 03:32 AM
Haven't smoked weed in months.

then you must need to get high

Kobe is to Jordan what robin is to batman

BossChief
07-18-2009, 04:28 AM

my point isnt that they didnt have good role players...it is that they didnt have a cast like Shaq, Horry, Rice, Horace Grant, Harper, Fisher and a very good bench.

Imagine MJ with that cast...

I am a big Kobe fan, but he doesnt win six championships with the teams MJ did.

MJ was better at his sport than any player ever was for his.

milkman
07-18-2009, 07:36 AM
my point isnt that they didnt have good role players...it is that they didnt have a cast like Shaq, Horry, Rice, Horace Grant, Harper, Fisher and a very good bench.

It's all very subjective.

I still think that Wilt was the greatest player ever.

I also think that Kobe, and the teams he's played with, has faced better teams than Michael had to contend with.

I just don't believe that the Utah Jazz, the Portland Trail Blazers, etc, that he faced were really all that good.

And Michael couldn't get past the Bird led celtics and the Thomas led Pistons until both were aging and breaking down physically.

That being said, Michael was still a better player than Kobe.

blaise
07-18-2009, 09:05 AM
It's all very subjective.

I still think that Wilt was the greatest player ever.

I also think that Kobe, and the teams he's played with, has faced better teams than Michael had to contend with.

I just don't believe that the Utah Jazz, the Portland Trail Blazers, etc, that he faced were really all that good.

And Michael couldn't get past the Bird led celtics and the Thomas led Pistons until both were aging and breaking down physically.

That being said, Michael was still a better player than Kobe.

The Utah Jazz and Trail Blazers were better than the 76ers and NJ Nets that the Lakers faced. The Jazz had two of the top 50 players of all time. Malone is in the top 3 power forwards of all time. The Lakers may have had tougher roads in the western conference, but no way were the teams they faced in the finals better than the teams the Bulls faced.

milkman
07-18-2009, 09:22 AM
The Utah Jazz and Trail Blazers were better than the 76ers and NJ Nets that the Lakers faced. The Jazz had two of the top 50 players of all time. Malone is in the top 3 power forwards of all time. The Lakers may have had tougher roads in the western conference, but no way were the teams they faced in the finals better than the teams the Bulls faced.

Honestly, I'd take Julius Erving and Maurice Cheeks against Karl Malone and John Stockton and take my chances.

Throw in Daryl Dawkins against who? Greg Ostertag.

Yeah, sure those Jazz were a great team.

And the Lakers and Celtics had to get by each other in the 80s at one time to win it all.

Micjones
07-18-2009, 09:31 AM

Basically.

Kobe's a GREAT player in his own right.
Why can't that be good enough?
Hall of Famer... Top 15 all-time. Maybe even Top 10.

He's not and never will be better than Michael Jordan.

milkman
07-18-2009, 09:33 AM
Basically.

He's the Green Hornet.

Reaper16
07-18-2009, 10:10 AM
then you must need to get high

I don't think that analogy works.

BWillie
07-18-2009, 11:58 AM

No. The Bulls even w/out Jordan were nothing to scoff at. The year they didn't have Jordan, they were still an elite team in the league. Actually, they probably should of got to the NBA finals but they blew a big one in the semifinals. Jordan just got them over the top. Think how bad the Cav's would be without Lebron. A borderline playoff team in a weak conference. That Bulls team had a good supporting cast. With that said, Jordan is still > to Kobe.

BWillie
07-18-2009, 11:59 AM
Basically.

If he wins the next 3 titles in a row,...I'd be willing to anoint him. He needs 7. Jordan never had a Shaq.

L.A. Chieffan
07-18-2009, 12:01 PM
you know what hasn't been discussed before around here? kobe vs. jordan.

id like to hear everybodys opinion on that one.

Param
07-18-2009, 12:04 PM
Jordan never had a Shaq.

Jordan had Pippen for the 6 titles.

Pioli Zombie
07-18-2009, 01:26 PM
Jordan had Pippen for the 6 titles.

OMFG. You are going to compare Pippen to Shaq???? If Jordan had Shaq they would have gone 75-7 and won 8 or 9 titles.
Posted via Mobile Device

Param
07-18-2009, 01:55 PM
OMFG. You are going to compare Pippen to Shaq???? If Jordan had Shaq they would have gone 75-7 and won 8 or 9 titles.
Posted via Mobile Device

Maybe they would have won more games, maybe not. The point was Jordan had a pretty damn good sidekick to help win the 6 titles.

Chiefaholic
07-18-2009, 02:07 PM
I'de like to know the ages of the handfull of people that think Kobe's in the same league as Jordan. Jordan played in the league that made the Olympic "Dream Team". Try to put together a group of guys playing today that could put up the same performance they did.

Ebolapox
07-18-2009, 02:09 PM
here's the problem with the shaq/scottie comparison. actually, there are several.

1) scottie pippen isn't/wasn't a dominating post presence that a) alters shots, b) anchors the offense, and c) draws attention from the alpha guy (kobe/jordan)

2) scottie is what he is... a great second option who feeds off of the key guy, gives you 20 a night, stifling defense, and facilitates. now that I think about it, other than horrible shot selection, ron artest isn't so dissimilar to scottie (scottie was taller though).

there's a reason that centers, truly dominating centers, have dominated nba championship teams for the majority of nba history. those three titles that kobe already had? those were SHAQ'S titles. he was, at one point, the single most dominating and unstoppable force possibly in history (hard to go over wilt, though. he was amazing).

as good as scottie was, there's no WAY that you can say he even had a SLIGHT chance in the shaq/scottie conversation. shaq put kobe and penny hardaway on the map single-handedly. who did scottie put on the map?

Reaper16
07-18-2009, 02:16 PM
I'de like to know the ages of the handfull of people that think Kobe's in the same league as Jordan. Jordan played in the league that made the Olympic "Dream Team". Try to put together a group of guys playing today that could put up the same performance they did.
I think that kind of happened last summer.

Reaper16
07-18-2009, 02:17 PM
here's the problem with the shaq/scottie comparison. actually, there are several.

1) scottie pippen isn't/wasn't a dominating post presence that a) alters shots, b) anchors the offense, and c) draws attention from the alpha guy (kobe/jordan)

2) scottie is what he is... a great second option who feeds off of the key guy, gives you 20 a night, stifling defense, and facilitates. now that I think about it, other than horrible shot selection, ron artest isn't so dissimilar to scottie (scottie was taller though).

there's a reason that centers, truly dominating centers, have dominated nba championship teams for the majority of nba history. those three titles that kobe already had? those were SHAQ'S titles. he was, at one point, the single most dominating and unstoppable force possibly in history (hard to go over wilt, though. he was amazing).

as good as scottie was, there's no WAY that you can say he even had a SLIGHT chance in the shaq/scottie conversation. shaq put kobe and penny hardaway on the map single-handedly. who did scottie put on the map?
Penny was fucking awesome by his own damn self before the injuries took him down.

Ebolapox
07-18-2009, 02:20 PM
Penny was fucking awesome by his own damn self before the injuries took him down.

I'll never forget those lil' penny commercials...

THAT WAS TYRA BANKS, FOOL!

http://www.andrewchristou.com/images/ArtDirector_Stills/Nike_Lil_Penny_NBC_promo_1.jpg

Chiefaholic
07-18-2009, 02:31 PM
I think that kind of happened last summer.

Charles Barkley, Larry Bird, Clyde Drexler, Patrick Ewing, Magic Johnson ,Michael Jordan, Christian Laettner, Karl Malone, Chris Mullin, Scottie Pippen, David Robinson & John Stockton... The best finish the rest of the world could hope for was a silver medal going into the Olympics. I doubt you'll find another group of guys playing in the same era that could match these guys head to head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9oXs9x3Vdg&feature=related

Reaper16
07-18-2009, 02:44 PM
Charles Barkley, Larry Bird, Clyde Drexler, Patrick Ewing, Magic Johnson ,Michael Jordan, Christian Laettner, Karl Malone, Chris Mullin, Scottie Pippen, David Robinson & John Stockton... The best finish the rest of the world could hope for was a silver medal going into the Olympics. I doubt you'll find another group of guys playing in the same era that could match these guys head to head.

Last summer's Redeem Team was dominant considering how much better the international teams are now than when the Dream Team was cruising to Gold.

Pioli Zombie
07-18-2009, 02:46 PM

Greatest team ever assembled in any sport ever.
Posted via Mobile Device

Micjones
07-18-2009, 02:54 PM
If he wins the next 3 titles in a row,...I'd be willing to anoint him. He needs 7. Jordan never had a Shaq.

He'd have to do some pretty amazing things for me even to consider it.
And in doing so he'll still have a much better supporting cast during those Championship runs.

Short of winning, say, 3-4 more titles...
I won't even entertain the conversation.
And even then it won't be a slam dunk.

Shaid
07-18-2009, 04:23 PM
Jordan was also retired for 2 years between his 6 titles. If he hadn't, it could have pretty easily gone to 8 in a row. And yes I know he came back for 17 games at the end of the second season but he was really rusty and had some wierd head games going with the passing of his father, wearing # 45, etc.

jidar
07-18-2009, 04:28 PM
Depending on what point it is in the season, Kobe isn't even the best player playing right then, let alone better than the best ever.

blaise
07-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Honestly, I'd take Julius Erving and Maurice Cheeks against Karl Malone and John Stockton and take my chances.

Throw in Daryl Dawkins against who? Greg Ostertag.

Yeah, sure those Jazz were a great team.

And the Lakers and Celtics had to get by each other in the 80s at one time to win it all.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. I thought we were talking about the teams Kobe faced in the Finals vs the teams Jordan faced. You're telling me the Iverson 76ers were better than the Jazz? Or Jason Kidd and K-Mart were better than Malone and Stockton? Charles Barkley and the Suns were better than Iverson and the Sixers.

milkman
07-18-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm not sure what you're getting at. I thought we were talking about the teams Kobe faced in the Finals vs the teams Jordan faced. You're telling me the Iverson 76ers were better than the Jazz? Or Jason Kidd and K-Mart were better than Malone and Stockton? Charles Barkley and the Suns were better than Iverson and the Sixers.

Sorry, I got sidetracked somewhere.

Speaking specifically of the teams that Jordan faced vs. the teams that Kobe has faced, I would agree that the competition that Jordan faced was better.

Baby Lee
07-18-2009, 05:13 PM

Somewhere in my basement I have a brand new, unused, set of the full Dream Team quart cups from McDonalds, the one piece [err set] of 'swag' I ever asked my sis to grab for me when she worked there.

Though she has shit tons of those Barbie happy meal chotchkes.

kstater
07-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Dear MJ and Kobe,

Y'all keep bickering over being GOAT.
I'll quietly run past both of you.

Signed,

23 year old Lebron James

Chieftain58
07-18-2009, 06:28 PM
As bad as I hate Basketball I always watched the finals with Jordan... never have I watched 1 game with the rapist Kobe Bryant!

Micjones
07-18-2009, 07:44 PM
Dear MJ and Kobe,

Y'all keep bickering over being GOAT.
I'll quietly run past both of you.

Signed,

23 year old Lebron James

Yeah...no.

How about win 1 first?

Hootie
07-18-2009, 08:05 PM
I'll preface this by saying, I think Milkman knows a lot of shit about sports...his opinion is definitely more valued around here, to me, because he can be subjective about things (unlike people like mecca)...

But if Kobe Bryant played in the 70s...and then he played again in the 90s...same player, same game...he'd tell us all how much better the 70s Kobe was than the 90s Kobe because he takes the "old school" thing way, way too over the edge, no matter what sport.

milkman
07-18-2009, 08:58 PM
I'll preface this by saying, I think Milkman knows a lot of shit about sports...his opinion is definitely more valued around here, to me, because he can be subjective about things (unlike people like mecca)...

But if Kobe Bryant played in the 70s...and then he played again in the 90s...same player, same game...he'd tell us all how much better the 70s Kobe was than the 90s Kobe because he takes the "old school" thing way, way too over the edge, no matter what sport.

I don't really understand why you'd say that.

Is it because I think that MJ is second to Wilt as the greatest player ever?

I think Montana (80s) is the greatest QB ever.
I think Magic (80s) is the greatest point guard ever.

kcxiv
07-18-2009, 09:09 PM
In all honesty, if you put Kobe and Jordan in a game of 21 both m en in their prime, its a pick em. It could go either way.

I still give the nod to jordan as a better all time player, but i do think parts of kobe's game is better then Jordan's.

Both are great great players.

Hootie
07-19-2009, 10:35 PM
In all honesty, if you put Kobe and Jordan in a game of 21 both m en in their prime, its a pick em. It could go either way.

I still give the nod to jordan as a better all time player, but i do think parts of kobe's game is better then Jordan's.

Both are great great players.

LeBron would beat them both at 1 on 1...

but the NBA is 5 on 5 and MJ was more clutch/a smarter basketball player (if not the smartest)...

I will continue to post this article because it sums up the greatness that was Michael Jordan:

http://www.newyorker.com/archive/1998/12/21/1998_12_21_048_TNY_LIBRY_000017085?currentPage=1