PDA

View Full Version : Life Drinking Beer and Smoking Ribs...

Pages : [1] 2

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm in my backyard on a beautiful day, drinking beer and smoking a few racks of ribs. I think I have just about perfected this art. I use a good dry rub that has ground cayanne, sea salt, minced dry garlic, red pepper and a little onion salt. My baste has some Johnny Red, olive oil, cajun seasoning, balsanic vinagar and fresh garlic. My beer has alcohol, hopps and has been kissed by angels.
My boy is hanging out with me. He turns 1 on Tuesday. My wife is mowing the yard in some skin tight jeans.
Life is good today, that is all.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Oh ya... One more thing.

HIGH LIFE!
Posted via Mobile Device

JuicesFlowing
07-19-2009, 02:22 PM
I'm in my backyard on a beautiful day, drinking beer and smoking a few racks of ribs. I think I have just about perfected this art. I use a good dry rub that has ground cayanne, sea salt, minced dry garlic, red pepper and a little onion salt. My baste has some Johnny Red, olive oil, cajun seasoning, balsanic vinagar and fresh garlic. My beer has alcohol, hopps and has been kissed by angels.
My boy is hanging out with me. He turns 1 on Tuesday. My wife is mowing the yard in some skin tight jeans.
Posted via Mobile Device

Let the guessing begin ... I'm assuming it's a microbew ... probably an IPA of some sort ...

Skip Towne
07-19-2009, 02:22 PM
That sounds great...........unless she's fat.

seclark
07-19-2009, 02:23 PM
sounds like you have a good afternoon going.

i took the bike out for a ride, then came back and washed it down. mrs sec and the daughter are heading in to town to steal the grandkids and bring them back out. i'm starting a fire for a wienie roast.

beautiful day out here. enjoy.
sec

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 02:23 PM
Oh ya... One more thing.

HIGH LIFE!
Posted via Mobile Device
Miller High Life hardly has hops.

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 02:24 PM
That sounds great...........unless she's fat.
5'4 and 110 lbs Mr. Skip.
(she's a hottie too)
Posted via Mobile Device

JuicesFlowing
07-19-2009, 02:24 PM

He posted that as I was typing my post. Kissed by angels? Wow.

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 02:26 PM
I'm not drinking the High Life...

I am living it today though.

:)
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 02:27 PM

Posted via Mobile Device
Oh. Good.

What are you drinking?

Stewie
07-19-2009, 02:27 PM
No citric acid in your rub? You're missing out.

KC native
07-19-2009, 02:28 PM
God I wish I could do that today. It's over 100 fracking degrees here again (and I'm not sitting in front of a grill all day).

Skip Towne
07-19-2009, 02:29 PM
5'4 and 110 lbs Mr. Skip.
(she's a hottie too)
Posted via Mobile Device

Mine was 5'4. 105. So yours is just my size.

JuicesFlowing
07-19-2009, 02:29 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

I'm glad to hear that too.

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Oh. Good.

What are you drinking?

Great Pilsner Taste.
Triple Hops Brewed.
Start guessing.
I started out with Stella though.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
07-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Smoking WEED smokin WEED drinking beers beers beers...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iU8tJ5oCKSU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iU8tJ5oCKSU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

JuicesFlowing
07-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Great Pilsner Taste.
Triple Hops Brewed.
Start guessing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Miller Lite claims to be triple hops brewed.

JOhn
07-19-2009, 02:38 PM
My wife is mowing the yard in some skin tight jeans.
Posted via Mobile Device
Can't believe no one posted it...

This thread is worthless without pics :D

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 02:49 PM
Great Pilsner Taste.
Triple Hops Brewed.
Start guessing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Miller Lite. A beer that claims to both be a pilsner and be hoppy and is, in truth, neither of those things.

Considering your taste in beer, your ribs probably suck as well.

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 02:49 PM
Miller Lite claims to be triple hops brewed.
Yeah, I love it though.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Miller Lite. A beer that claims to both be a pilsner and be hoppy and is, in truth, neither of those things.

Considering your taste in beer, your ribs probably suck as well.
Beer snob huh? That's cool, (to each his own). You can take your boulevard, I prefer a lighter beer that doesn't taste like I'm drinking a bottle of moldy bread.
And no...My ribs are the shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Beer snob huh? That's cool, (to each his own). You can take your boulevard, I prefer a lighter beer that doesn't taste like I'm drinking a bottle of moldy bread.
And no...My ribs are the shit.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm not really a beer snob. People with compromised palates such as yourself might think that I am, but I'm not. If I were a snob, I would be touting something more exclusive than Boulevard, which is a very accessible craft brewery. Truthfully, I don't have an issue with anyone drinking Miller Lite or something similar. (I say compromised palate because there is no Boulevard product that contains a "moldy bread" flavor profile. You are straight incorrect about that.)

You might want to try Boulevard Pilsner. It is similar to a Miller, except has a true hop character and uses 100% malted barely. Miller Lite is an adjunct lager; it uses rice as an adjunct grain to its barely. That rice is what makes it an inferior product in my eyes.

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 03:11 PM
I'm not really a beer snob. People with compromised palates such as yourself might think that I am, but I'm not. If I were a snob, I would be touting something more exclusive than Boulevard, which is a very accessible craft brewery. Truthfully, I don't have an issue with anyone drinking Miller Lite or something similar. (I say compromised palate because there is no Boulevard product that contains a "moldy bread" flavor profile. You are straight incorrect about that.)

You might want to try Boulevard Pilsner. It is similar to a Miller, except has a true hop character and uses 100% malted barely. Miller Lite is an adjunct lager; it uses rice as an adjunct grain to its barely. That rice is what makes it an inferior product in my eyes.

And you say your not a beer snob. ROFL
That's cool, I'm a scotch snob. Which is why I only use bargain barrel scotch to cook with.
Listen, talk shit on my beer of choice, talk shit on my wife but never, never talk shit on another man's ribs. Them's fightin words.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 03:15 PM
That's cool, I'm a scotch snob. Which is why I only use bargain barrel scotch to cook with.
Listen, talk shit on my beer of choice, talk shit on my wife but never, never talk shit on another man's ribs. Them's fightin words.
Posted via Mobile Device
I like good beer. That doesn't make me a snob. And I only doubt your own opinion on how your ribs taste because your palate is not working with respect to your beer. I mean, kissed by angels? Please.

JuicesFlowing
07-19-2009, 03:16 PM

How long has this been around? I haven't heard of it.

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 03:20 PM
How long has this been around? I haven't heard of it.
About a month or so. Its only available in the greater KC area so far. Its really solid, easy drinking and refreshing. The label is the same colors and font of the old Muehlebach Pilsner (from KC brewery Muehlebach) and its being sold on shelves near Bud, Miller, Coors, etc. Boulevard may have a hit on their hands once they start shipping it all over.

KC native
07-19-2009, 03:22 PM
About a month or so. Its only available in the greater KC area so far. Its really solid, easy drinking and refreshing. The label is the same colors and font of the old Muehlebach Pilsner (from KC brewery Muehlebach) and its being sold on shelves near Bud, Miller, Coors, etc. Boulevard may have a hit on their hands once they start shipping it all over.

anxiously awaiting this. They just recently started getting the Smokestack series here in Texas. I've been drinking the shit out of the doublewide IPA.

Bugeater
07-19-2009, 03:22 PM
One of these days I'm going to find you.

JuicesFlowing
07-19-2009, 03:23 PM

That sounds good. I'm in Wichita so I know it will be here eventually.

Gonzo
I like good beer. That doesn't make me a snob. And I only doubt your own opinion on how your ribs taste because your palate is not working with respect to your beer. I mean, kissed by angels? Please.
Oh, it has been. I mean it's like at 34 degrees and it is cool and refreshing. I was being overly descriptive I suppose. There's nothing wrong with my pallate sir. I have cooked meals with the game I've shot that would make Jesus consider coverting to Islam.
And yes, I was aware that Miller brews with rice, which is why I get no hangover after copius amounts of intake from said beer, (which is the point). I've drank the types of beer in which you speak of. I've seen little homo's put orange slices and limes in it as well. Give me a miller lite and a fucking cheeseburger, (or ribs in this case) and I'm a happy man.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL Damn straight! Sounds like a great day my friend; enjoy it mightily.

JuicesFlowing
07-19-2009, 03:25 PM
There could easily be a Chiefs Planet Beer Forum ... seriously ... I'd probably post there as much as the lounge.

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 03:32 PM
Oh, it has been. I mean it's like at 34 degrees and it is cool and refreshing. I was being overly descriptive I suppose. There's nothing wrong with my pallate sir. I have cooked meals with the game I've shot that would make Jesus consider coverting to Islam.
And yes, I was aware that Miller brews with rice, which is why I get no hangover after copius amounts of intake from said beer, (which is the point). I've drank the types of beer in which you speak of. I've seen little homo's put orange slices and limes in it as well. Give me a miller lite and a fucking cheeseburger, (or ribs in this case) and I'm a happy man.
Posted via Mobile Device
I've drank something like Boulevard Pale Ale all day long and never gotten a hangover from it. So I don't understand that argument.

I have to take issue with your phrasing in the latter part of your post. "The types of beer in which I speak of" is not very descriptive. The only beers that I've mentioned specifically before this post have been Miller Lite and Boulevard Pilsner. If by "the types..." you mean craft beer in general, then the phrase is even more undescriptive. Beer is an incredibly varied form of beverage, with more separate and distinct types than there are distinct types of wine.

As for the fruit, well, some styles lend themselves to that sort of thing. I've never seen a lime slice put into anything, but lemon and orange can be put into a pale wheat beer, a hefewiezen or a witbeir to accentuate the citrus flavors.

Also, lovely use of "homo" as a pejorative. I'm sure the child in your avatar is going to be real proud of ol' pops.

mlyonsd
07-19-2009, 03:32 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Awesome. Have a great afternoon.

Donger
07-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Wait. Women can mow lawns? WTF wasn't I informed of this?

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 03:41 PM
I've drank something like Boulevard Pale Ale all day long and never gotten a hangover from it. So I don't understand that argument.

I have to take issue with your phrasing in the latter part of your post. "The types of beer in which I speak of" is not very descriptive. The only beers that I've mentioned specifically before this post have been Miller Lite and Boulevard Pilsner. If by "the types..." you mean craft beer in general, then the phrase is even more undescriptive. Beer is an incredibly varied form of beverage, with more separate and distinct types than there are distinct types of wine.

As for the fruit, well, some styles lend themselves to that sort of thing. I've never seen a lime slice put into anything, but lemon and orange can be put into a pale wheat beer, a hefewiezen or a witbeir to accentuate the citrus flavors.

Also, lovely use of "homo" as a pejorative. I'm sure the child in your avatar is going to be real proud of ol' pops.

Feel free to talk crap about my parenting skills, you opinion matters not, and I used the word homo for it's comical value, not to be degrading. So if you suck dick, I apologize.(nttawwt) Tell you what, we'll agree to disagree. The whole point of this thread was not to get into an ardious (sp?) debate over my beer of choice, but to strike up a conversation concerning my day of awesomness. Thank you for your attempt at pissing on it, it will be all for not however.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 03:42 PM
ROFL Damn straight! Sounds like a great day my friend; enjoy it mightily.

Fucking right!
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Feel free to talk crap about my parenting skills, you opinion matters not, and I used the word homo for it's comical value, not to be degrading. So if you suck dick, I apologize.(nttawwt) Tell you what, we'll agree to disagree. The whole point of this thread was not to get into an ardious (sp?) debate over my beer of choice, but to strike up a conversation concerning my day of awesomness. Thank you for your attempt at pissing on it, it will be all for not however.
Posted via Mobile Device
All for naught, you mean. Also, since you asked, its arduous. Are you using Internet Explorer for some unGodly reason? Because Firefox has automatic spellchecker.

And no, this thread is now about how much you have been wrong in this thread.

Donger
07-19-2009, 03:44 PM

Wow. You're kind of a prick.

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 03:47 PM
All for naught, you mean. Also, since you asked, its arduous. Are you using Internet Explorer for some unGodly reason? Because Firefox has automatic spellchecker.

And no, this thread is now about how much you have been wrong in this thread.

posted via mobile device... dipshit
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Wow. You're kind of a prick.
If someone said that Herm was a good coach grace by angelic presence, then this board would be all over that person. Gonzo's opinion regarding Miller Lite is equally poor.

Which isn't to say that I am not a prick.

Bugeater
07-19-2009, 03:48 PM
I like good beer. That doesn't make me a snob.
Sorry, but you're being a snob when you say things like this:

And I only doubt your own opinion on how your ribs taste because your palate is not working with respect to your beer.

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 03:48 PM
posted via mobile device... dipshit
Posted via Mobile Device
Alright, you got me there.

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Sorry, but you're being a snob when you say things like this:
I think that the word "snob" is a crutch that rubes use.

Donger
07-19-2009, 03:50 PM
If someone said that Herm was a good coach grace by angelic presence, then this board would be all over that person. Gonzo's opinion regarding Miller Lite is equally poor.

That's your opinion. It is not fact.

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 03:51 PM

Do you require some sort of validation sir? Ok then, quote me on this...

REAPER 16 HAS BETTER TASTE IN BEER THAN I DO!

Go ahead and put that in your sig if you like.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 03:51 PM
That's your opinion. It is not fact.
Its my opinion that he has a poor opinion? Yes. Yes it is. I don't think that I said anything to the contrary, but its good to see a sentence of yours that doesn't end in a question mark.

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Do you require some sort of validation sir? Ok then, quote me on this...

REAPER 16 HAS BETTER TASTE IN BEER THAN I DO!

Go ahead and put that in your sig if you like.
Posted via Mobile Device
I won't put it in my sig. Now that you, of all people, have said that I have to question whether or not the claim is true.

Bugeater
07-19-2009, 03:53 PM
snob <script>play_w2("S0512300")</script> (snhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/obreve.gifb)n.

1. One who tends to patronize, rebuff, or ignore people regarded as social inferiors and imitate, admire, or seek association with people regarded as social superiors.
2. One who affects an offensive air of self-satisfied superiority in matters of taste or intellect.

JuicesFlowing
07-19-2009, 03:54 PM

... snob is such a shitty word with stigma ... go to beeradvocate.com and you'll see what a beer snob is.

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 03:54 PM
snob <script>play_w2("S0512300")</script> (snhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/obreve.gifb)n.

1. One who tends to patronize, rebuff, or ignore people regarded as social inferiors and imitate, admire, or seek association with people regarded as social superiors.
2. One who affects an offensive air of self-satisfied superiority in matters of taste or intellect.
That definition sounds like it was written by a jealous rube.

Donger
07-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Its my opinion that he has a poor opinion? Yes. Yes it is. I don't think that I said anything to the contrary, but its good to see a sentence of yours that doesn't end in a question mark.

Well, thank you for sharing your opinion with us. I know that I feel better knowing what you think about beer and how well-developed your palate is.

Reaper16
... snob is such a shitty word with stigma ... go to beeradvocate.com and you'll see what a beer snob is.
I am a proud member of beeradvocate.com. The vast majority of uses there are not stuck-up at all.

Gonzo

I love you like a brother. P.M. me and come eat some fucking ribs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
Well, thank you for sharing your opinion with us. I know that I feel better knowing what you think about beer and how well-developed your palate is.
You are most certainly welcome.

Donger
07-19-2009, 03:56 PM
You are most certainly welcome.

You wouldn't happen to be 25 years old or younger, would you?

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 03:57 PM
I am a proud member of beeradvocate.com. The vast majority of uses there are not stuck-up at all.

Jesus man...
Calm the hell down. Go drink one of your jizz flavored microbrews and try again.
Posted via Mobile Device

RJ
07-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Life is good, but some days are gooder than others.

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 03:58 PM
You wouldn't happen to be 25 years old or younger, would you?
I think that a quick click on my username to take you to my profile would confirm that I am.

This is obvious bait, but I'm interested to see if you are going to go anywhere fresh with this line of attack, so to speak.

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Jesus man...
Calm the hell down. Go drink one of your jizz flavored microbrews and try again.
Posted via Mobile Device
Jizz-flavored. Accurate.

Donger
07-19-2009, 04:00 PM
I think that a quick click on my username to take you to my profile would confirm that I am.

This is obvious bait, but I'm interested to see if you are going to go anywhere fresh with this line of attack, so to speak.

Sure, I could have done that. But since you've been so loquacious on this thread, I thought I'd engage you with a direct question.

Thank you for your answer.

JuicesFlowing
07-19-2009, 04:01 PM

I go there often to get "reviews" and it's a great source of info. However on their homepage when they say there is a difference between being a beer snob, a phrase they proclaim with a negative tone, and a beer geek ... I can't tell the difference. The reviews read like wine reviews.

RJ
07-19-2009, 04:01 PM

It's ok to be a beer snob. Most of us are snobs about something. Snobbery is not for the stuck-up only.

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 04:02 PM
Sure, I could have done that. But since you've been so loquacious on this thread, I thought I'd engage you with a direct question.

Thank you for your answer.
Oh. You think that an admission of my age says something on its face regarding this thread beyond simply telling how old that I am. Cute.

Lumpy
07-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Jesus man...
Posted via Mobile Device

Mmmmm. Yummy.

Donger
Oh. You think that an admission of my age says something on its face regarding this thread beyond simply telling how old that I am. Cute.

Is that a question or a statement?

Reaper16
I go there often to get "reviews" and it's a great source of info. However on their homepage when they say there is a difference between being a beer snob, a phrase they proclaim with a negative tone, and a beer geek ... I can't tell the difference. The reviews read like wine reviews.
Well, wine is an incredibly complex beverage. Beer is, too. You'd think that my reviews are totally snobby, too, I suspect.

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 04:04 PM
Is that a question or a statement?
A statement. I don't see that exchange involving my age as working in any different way.

JuicesFlowing
It's ok to be a beer snob. Most of us are snobs about something. Snobbery is not for the stuck-up only.

I agree with this if it's someone who appreciates good beer. But like all things, opinions are subjective. Just like movie critics ... opinions vary.

Bugeater
I love you like a brother. P.M. me and come eat some ****ing ribs.
Posted via Mobile Device
Heh, that's tempting but I'll be firing up my grill shortly, it's steak and shrimp night here. And I'll be enjoying a few Busch heavies with it.

Donger
07-19-2009, 04:06 PM
A statement. I don't see that exchange involving my age as working in any different way.

There's no reason to get all riled up. I was 99% sure that you were, anyway. I was just asking for confirmation.

Bugeater
07-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Oh, I agree totally, just don't say you're not a snob when you are one.

Donger
07-19-2009, 04:08 PM
And I'll be enjoying a few Busch heavies with it.

I'll highly recommend that you do NOT visit GoChiefs' "Designer Vaginaa" thread and look at the pictures linked in post #13.

Gonzo
Heh, that's tempting but I'll be firing up my grill shortly, it's steak and shrimp night here. And I'll be enjoying a few Busch heavies with it.

Busch Heavy? You beer snob. I don't think my inferior pallate could handle such a beer.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
I always hated that term. (I don't hate that you enjoy Busch, btw) A lot of people will avoid, say, stouts because of the perceived "heaviness." But a Guiness is, for all intents and purposes, as light as a Budweiser... which is to say that it isn't "heavy" at all.

Sorry, just nitpicking a large, regional trend.

Bugeater
Mmmmm. Yummy.
Aren't you supposed to be mowing the lawn?

DeezNutz

I respect a man who will admit to indulging a couple of heavy bushes.

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 04:09 PM
There's no reason to get all riled up. I was 99% sure that you were, anyway. I was just asking for confirmation.
What's to say that I'm riled up? I'm cool as a cucumber in this thread.

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 04:10 PM
Oh, I agree totally, just don't say you're not a snob when you are one.
Fine, I will admit to being a snob under the definition that you provided. I just don't like the negative implications that the word has... its part of a long, long history of anti-intellectualism in this country.

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 04:11 PM
I agree with this if it's someone who appreciates good beer. But like all things, opinions are subjective. Just like movie critics ... opinions vary.
You sir, are a gentleman. I appreciate your tact and candor.
Posted via Mobile Device

Donger
07-19-2009, 04:12 PM
What's to say that I'm riled up? I'm cool as a cucumber in this thread.

Just my opinion. You seem rather proud of your alleged knowledge of beer product. Is that correct?

Oh, BTW, what does a pint of Guinness weigh and what does a pint of Busch "heavy" weigh?

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-19-2009, 04:13 PM
Just my opinion. You seem rather proud of your alleged knowledge of beer product. Is that correct?

Oh, BTW, what does a pint of Guinness weigh and what does a pint of Busch "heavy" weigh?

:spock:ROFL

Bugeater
07-19-2009, 04:15 PM
I always hated that term. (I don't hate that you enjoy Busch, btw) A lot of people will avoid, say, stouts because of the perceived "heaviness." But a Guiness is, for all intents and purposes, as light as a Budweiser... which is to say that it isn't "heavy" at all.

Sorry, just nitpicking a large, regional trend.
You really don't find stouts to be more filling? I drink one and I don't want to drink any more.

Bowser
07-19-2009, 04:15 PM
I not overly sure what's in the beer fridge at the momnet, but I'm going to raid it.

And thanks Gonzo. Now I have a hunger for burnt ends.

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 04:16 PM
Sorry bout that, the whole quote thingy can be tricky on a mobile device after a few inferior beers.

I was saying that I do enjoy Guiness, (being of irish decent and all). So there's something, which is nice.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 04:18 PM
You really don't find stouts to be more filling? I drink one and I don't want to drink any more.
Many stouts can be more filling. Depends on the stout, and moreover the specific kind of stout. Irish dry stouts (like Guiness) aren't very filling at all, on the whole. I can take a sixer of Boulevard Dry Stout out fishing with me and drink it all day.

Donger
07-19-2009, 04:19 PM
I not overly sure what's in the beer fridge at the momnet, but I'm going to raid it.

You have a fridge solely for the purpose of removing heat from your beer, and keeping it that way? If so, did you consult with this Reaper person on the following?

1) The size of said fridge? I'll bet that the true connoisseur has a minimum cubic footage requirement.

2) The location of said fridge? I'm guessing a garage-type structure?

3) I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if the color of said fridge is a sticking point for some.

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 04:19 PM

DUDE! I made some burnt ends a few weeks ago. They're awesome!
As a matter of fact, next week I'm smoking like 8 racks of ribs for my boy's 1st b-day party. We're having a bunch of people over. I think I'm gonna have to do some burnt ends as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 04:22 PM

I'm proud of my knowledge of anything.

They both weigh sixteen ounces. The "heaviness" in this case refers to how the drink will sit in your stomach and perhaps even alludes to the alcohol by volume percentage. In that case, Busch is actually "heavier" than Guinness; Busch sits at 4.6% ABV while Guinness sits at 4.2% ABV.

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 04:23 PM
You have a fridge solely for the purpose of removing heat from your beer, and keeping it that way? If so, did you consult with this Reaper person on the following?

1) The size of said fridge? I'll bet that the true connoisseur has a minimum cubic footage requirement.

3) I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if the color of said fridge is a sticking point for some.
See, this is a funny parody. Nicely done.

KC native

ROFL Ah this is rich for someone who bitches about people hanging out in their garage.

Bowser

1) No I did not.

2) No I did not, but it IS within reach of my lawn chairs I sit in my garage with.

3) Simple white. It just screams "beer fridge". My cousin actually converted his downstairs fridge into a kegerator, and did it relatively cheap. Don't tell the wife I'm considering the same....

As a matter of fact, next week I'm smoking like 8 racks of ribs for my boy's 1st b-day party. We're having a bunch of people over. I think I'm gonna have to do some burnt ends as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

What sauce do you use on those bad boys? (And your boy is already a year? WTF?)

OnTheWarpath15
07-19-2009, 04:24 PM
1) No I did not.

2) No I did not, but it IS within reach of my lawn chairs I sit in my garage with.

3) Simple white. It just screams "beer fridge". My cousin actually converted his downstairs fridge into a kegerator, and did it relatively cheap. Don't tell the wife I'm considering the same....

LMAO

Demonpenz
Posted via Mobile Device

by the way you like your beer I bet your burnt ends suck as well

Bowser
Now I am curious as to what is down there. I'm going to go make a detailed list of my alchohol.

Donger
07-19-2009, 04:27 PM
ROFL Ah this is rich for someone who bitches about people hanging out in their garage.

Huh?

KC native
07-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Huh?

Getting on someone for being a snob whilst you harbor very snobby tendencies as well.

Reaper16
I tried to tell him earlier!

Donger
1)

That, and ending that horrific sentence with a preposition...

Heathen.

Donger
07-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Getting on someone for being a snob whilst you harbor very snobby tendencies as well.

Who was I getting on for being a snob?

Lumpy
07-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Aren't you supposed to be mowing the lawn?

I do mow my lawn. Wait, are we talking about the same thing? :D

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 04:30 PM
1) No I did not.

Yep, one year as of the 21st. He's a big boy too. (almost 25 lbs)
I hope my inferior taste in brew doesn't rub off on him.
I use this sauce from a small butcher shop in Omaha called "Just Good Meat"
Bugeater, if you're not familiar with this place it's on 84th across from H&H Chevy. Not too sweet and it has a good kick.
Posted via Mobile Device

Demonpenz
07-19-2009, 04:31 PM
by the way, the important thing is not what beer you are drinking, it's that you have time to drink them enjoy it. I am going to drink a pbr light and maybe get some meeeler lite later on

DeezNutz
Who was I getting on for being a snob?

NTTAWWT.

OnTheWarpath15
Now I am curious as to what is down there. I'm going to go make a detailed list of my alchohol.

I was thinking the same thing. The results:

6 Pilsner Urquell
4 Hoegaarden
4 Michelob Original Lager*
3 Fat Tire
3 Schlafly Pale Ale
2 Budweiser Select
1 Skinny Dip
1 Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
1 Shiner Bock
1 Boulevard Lunar Ale
1 Chimay Ale (Blue)
1 Chimay Ale (Red)

* Purchased and left by a guest

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 04:32 PM

ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

Donger
I'm proud of my knowledge of anything.

They both weigh sixteen ounces.

Are you absolutely sure about this? I want to give you the opportunity to be absolutely clear: you are stating that a pint of Guinness and a pint of Busch "heavy" both weigh exactly the same, 16.000000 oz.

Is that correct?

Reaper16
I need to make a beer run soon. I'm nearly empty, and I'm all out of hoppy things.

My fridge:
3x Boulevard Bully! Porter
1x Pabst Blue Ribbon (Its remarkably ok for being cheap swill, as long as you like the taste of corn)
1x Bell's Expedition Stout
1x Southern Tier Mokah Imperial Stout

My aging "cellar":
3x Bell's Expedition Stout
1x Boulevard Smokestack Series Imperial Stout
1x 2008 Boulevard Smokestack Series Saison-Brett (Which I need to open soon.)

DeezNutz
07-19-2009, 04:34 PM
I, too, have an extensive and impressive range of beverages:

15 Coors Lights. Aged properly.

Delicious Q, though.

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Are you absolutely sure about this? I want to give you the opportunity to be absolutely clear: you are stating that a pint of Guinness and a pint of Busch "heavy" both weigh exactly the same, 16.000000 oz.

Is that correct?
Heh, no. Nice catch. I retract that statement because I am a dummy. I must have thought you were referring to their volume. I should have read closer/better.

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Like you could tell with the case of cottonmouth I'm sure you're sporting today. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 04:37 PM

Heathen.
I'm all for regional speech patterns coloring informal prose. Missourians end sentences with prepositions all of the time.

KC native
07-19-2009, 04:38 PM

6 Pilsner Urquell
4 Hoegaarden
3 Fat Tire
3 Schlafly Pale Ale
2 Budweiser Select
1 Skinny Dip
1 Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
1 Shiner Bock
1 Boulevard Lunar Ale
1 Chimay Ale (Blue)
1 Chimay Ale (Red)

ROFL love the asterisk. BTW Hoegaarden is the shit.

Bowser

6 Pilsner Urquell
4 Hoegaarden
3 Fat Tire
3 Schlafly Pale Ale
2 Budweiser Select
1 Skinny Dip
1 Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
1 Shiner Bock
1 Boulevard Lunar Ale
1 Chimay Ale (Blue)
1 Chimay Ale (Red)

You would have a friend for life with my wife since you have Chimay on stock.

Demonpenz
Like you could tell with the case of cottonmouth I'm sure you're sporting today. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

:) have a good one

Bowser
07-19-2009, 04:39 PM

Heathen.

English ain't never done me no goods nohows.

Donger
07-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Heh, no. Nice catch. I retract that statement because I am a dummy. I must have thought you were referring to their volume. I should have read closer/better.

I've "caught" blue gills that were more challenging, but I accept your retraction.

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 04:42 PM
I've "caught" blue gills that were more challenging, but I accept your retraction.
Donger Pwns are the best. ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

Donger
07-19-2009, 04:43 PM
English ain't never done me no goods nohows.

LMAO

My kids got in a fight today, a nasty one. My girl was going nuts on her brother, so I broke them up and asked what precipitated the violence. My daughter looked at me with fire in her evil, little eyes and said, "He keeps on saying 'My sister and me' instead of 'My sister and I!!!!!!'"

I may have gone too far.

Bowser
07-19-2009, 04:43 PM
The list -

8 - Red Stripe
6 - Boulevard Wheat
6 - Bud Light
4 - Killian Irish Red
2 - Blue Moon Honeymoon
2 - Guiness Draught
1 - Boulevard Dry Stout
1 - Boulevard Pale Ale
1 - Blue Moon
1 - Land Shark
1 - Shlafly (Stout, I think)

3 - Bottles of wine from local vineyards
3 - Mini bottles of Icewine
1 - Bottle of cheap champagne, for them fancy Donger-like companies that cover over

Bowser
07-19-2009, 04:45 PM
LMAO

My kids got in a fight today, a nasty one. My girl was going nuts on her brother, so I broke them up and asked what precipitated the violence. My daughter looked at me with fire in her evil, little eyes and said, "He keeps on saying 'My sister and me' instead of 'My sister and I!!!!!!'"

I may have gone too far.

ROFL

It's just a step towards world domination.....

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 04:46 PM
Soooo, anyway. I just set the ribs out to settle in some foil. When I picked them up, they split in half. I think all is right with the world. Thank you Reaper for the entertainment.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 04:46 PM
Soooo, anyway. I just set the ribs out to settle in some foil. When I picked them up, they split in half. I think all is right with the world. Thank you Reaper for the entertainment.
Posted via Mobile Device
The meat isn't falling off of the bone, is it?

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 04:48 PM
Nearly. It's holding together well but splitting at the joints. It has a nice pink hue to it. the outside is a dark crimson with a little burn. Perfection.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 04:49 PM
Nearly. It's holding together well but splitting at the joints. It has a nice pink hue to it. the outside is a dark crimson with a little burn. Perfection.
Posted via Mobile Device
Good. When they're falling off the bone, then they are almost always overdone. The texture gets compromised.

Enjoy them. I wish I were eating as well as you; I guess I'll settle for drinking better.

Pablo
07-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Pssshh..too many different kinds of tasty brews in my fridge to even get me started.

Lumière Naturelle - YOU have to try this. Sooooo good. Got about 30 in the fridge.

Donger
07-19-2009, 04:52 PM

ROFL

Look out Gonzo! He's trying to "trick" you.

LMAO

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Pssshh..too many different kinds of tasty brews in my fridge to even get me started.

Lumière Naturelle - YOU have to try this. Sooooo good. Got about 30 in the fridge.
LMAO

Bowser
07-19-2009, 04:53 PM
The list -

8 - Red Stripe
6 - Boulevard Wheat
6 - Bud Light
4 - Killian Irish Red
2 - Blue Moon Honeymoon
2 - Guiness Draught
1 - Boulevard Dry Stout
1 - Boulevard Pale Ale
1 - Blue Moon
1 - Land Shark
1 - Shlafly (Stout, I think)

3 - Bottles of wine from local vineyards
3 - Mini bottles of Icewine
1 - Bottle of cheap champagne, for them fancy Donger-like companies that cover over

Minus one Land Shark.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Since I live out here in Siesta Country, where awesome Mexican food is always a stones throw away, I've taken kind of a shine to Negra Modelo.

It's kind of sweet for a dark beer and it goes great with food or on it's own.

Donger
07-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Minus one Land Shark.

One of my brothers had a beer fridge in his garage (three car, mind you). I told his wife what it costs to run a fridge in a garage for a year and she made him get rid of it.

He still won't speak to me.

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 04:56 PM
One of my brothers had a beer fridge in his garage (three car, mind you). I told his wife what it costs to run a fridge in a garage for a year and she made him get rid of it.

Tsk tsk.

Bugeater
07-19-2009, 04:56 PM
Yep, one year as of the 21st. He's a big boy too. (almost 25 lbs)
I hope my inferior taste in brew doesn't rub off on him.
I use this sauce from a small butcher shop in Omaha called "Just Good Meat"
Bugeater, if you're not familiar with this place it's on 84th across from H&H Chevy. Not too sweet and it has a good kick.
Posted via Mobile Device
I know exactly the place you're talking about, I grew up about 1/2 mile from there, but I haven't been in that store for years. I'll have to pick some up sometime.

Donger
07-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Tsk tsk.

Energy efficiency trumps beer fridge. Sorry.

Dayze
that's what I'm doing today!

Although, I haven't perfected the art of ribs; this is my first shot. I seasoned with a dry rub and coated with brown sugar and covered in foil and put in the oven at 220 for asbout 2 hours; now I'm basting nice and low with some hickory in the smoker box for the gas grill.

.....hopefully they don't suck! I've always wanted to learn how to make good ribs and someday move to a smoker.....baby steps.

Bowser

LMAO

Yeah, you've got to keep the thing full, or else it's going to cost you twice as much as the upstairs fridge does to run it. Ours is a beer fridge/handy storage area for various foods. I wonder how efficient my cousin's kegerator is? Not very, I bet.

Donger
07-19-2009, 04:58 PM
that's what I'm doing today!

Although, I haven't perfected the art of ribs; this is my first shot. I seasoned with a dry rub and coated with brown sugar and covered in foil and put in the oven at 220 for asbout 2 hours; now I'm basting nice and low with some hickory in the smoker box for the gas grill.

.....hopefully they don't suck! I've always wanted to learn how to make good ribs and someday move to a smoker.....baby steps.

Awesome. I hope they turn out well.

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 04:59 PM
I know exactly the place you're talking about, I grew up about 1/2 mile from there, but I haven't been in that store for years. I'll have to pick some up sometime.
No doubt man...
Their prices are good too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Donger
07-19-2009, 05:00 PM
LMAO

Yeah, you've got to keep the thing full, or else it's going to cost you twice as much as the upstairs fridge does to run it. Ours is a beer fridge/handy storage area for various foods. I wonder how efficient my cousin's kegerator is? Not very, I bet.

I don't understand. It takes more energy to run it when it's full versus empty.

Bowser
07-19-2009, 05:00 PM
No doubt man...
Their prices are good too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Is that anywhere near 27th and Q, near Bellevue? (that's the only place I go when I end up in Omaha, heh)

Bowser
07-19-2009, 05:01 PM
I don't understand. It takes more energy to run it when it's full versus empty.

I'll have to try and remember/find that article I read stating that an empty fridge costs more to cool than a full, due to the empty space you're constantly cooling.

Bowser
07-19-2009, 05:01 PM
I'll have to try and remember/find that article I read stating that an empty fridge costs more to cool than a full, due to the empty space you're constantly cooling.

Maybe I've confused that with a deep freeze....

Bugeater
07-19-2009, 05:04 PM
Is that anywhere near 27th and Q, near Bellevue? (that's the only place I go when I end up in Omaha, heh)
WTF are you doing at 27th & Q? I hope you are fluent in Spanish if you're hanging out in that part of town. The place Gonzo is talking about is in Ralston.

Bowser
07-19-2009, 05:05 PM
WTF are you doing at 27th & Q? I hope you are fluent in Spanish if you're hanging out in that part of town. The place Gonzo is talking about is in Ralston.

Heh, the UPS depot is there.....

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 05:05 PM
I live in Bellevue, pm me the next time you're here. Just Good meat is on 84th and L. It's the best old school butcher shop we have left.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser
07-19-2009, 05:06 PM
I live in Bellevue, pm me the next time you're here. Just Good meat is on 84th and L. It's the best old school butcher shop we have left.
Posted via Mobile Device

My wife's stepsister used to live in Bellevue, right off Corhhusker. Don't remember the name, but they lived by the big Wal-Mart, and right down the street from a high school.....

Bowser
07-19-2009, 05:08 PM
Piss on you bastards. That first beer went down too easily. What should I drink next from my selection?

Bugeater
07-19-2009, 05:09 PM
Posted via Mobile Device
Stoysich is really good too, they're a little closer to where I live now, but they're not cheap.

Donger
07-19-2009, 05:11 PM

It's kind of a tricky question, actually. If you are constantly adding room temperature beer to the fridge, of course it works harder to remove the heat from the beer. But, once the heat had been removed (and the door isn't opened all the time), the volume of air inside the fridge becomes the critical issue. The less "empty" volume, the better, IIRC.

Bowser
07-19-2009, 05:15 PM
It's kind of a tricky question, actually. If you are constantly adding room temperature beer to the fridge, of course it works harder to remove the heat from the beer. But, once the heat had been removed (and the door isn't opened all the time), the volume of air inside the fridge becomes the critical issue. The less "empty" volume, the better, IIRC.

That makes sense, and that's what I thought when I saw that. Kind of reverse logic working.

I need a beer. Who wants what?

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 05:17 PM
Stoysich is really good too, they're a little closer to where I live now, but they're not cheap.
I used to go to stoysich until when I needed supplies for butchering deer and elk, until I discovered hobarts. (much cheaper for that type of thing)
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 05:19 PM
My wife's stepsister used to live in Bellevue, right off Corhhusker. Don't remember the name, but they lived by the big Wal-Mart, and right down the street from a high school.....
Bellevue West, that was my high school for a year. I live no more than 2 miles from there. I live down by Offutt afb now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 05:20 PM
That makes sense, and that's what I thought when I saw that. Kind of reverse logic working.

I need a beer. Who wants what?
Get me a Natty lite.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser
07-19-2009, 05:22 PM
Bellevue West, that was my high school for a year. I live no more than 2 miles from there. I live down by Offutt afb now.
Posted via Mobile DeviceI remember we went over the toll bridge to get to her place, and that there was a Runza not far from where they lived. Good shit, that Runza.

Get me a Natty lite.
Posted via Mobile DeviceFuck you. Drink a Red Stripe.

Bugeater
07-19-2009, 05:24 PM
Posted via Mobile Device
Are you in the Air Force?

bdeg
07-19-2009, 05:27 PM
**** you. Drink a Red Stripe.

red strip tastes like rubber, anyone else not a fan? despite my findings i've heard nothing but good things.

very jealous Gonzo, perfect day out and I was stuck working.
and making the wife mow the lawn? that's what i'm talkin about:D:clap:

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-19-2009, 05:30 PM
red strip tastes like rubber, anyone else not a fan? despite my findings i've heard nothing but good things.

very jealous Gonzo, perfect day out and I was stuck working.
and making the wife mow the lawn? that's what i'm talkin about:D:clap:

Jamaican weed, YES.

Jamaican beer, meh.

Donger
07-19-2009, 05:30 PM
I just had an idea for a thread whilst in the shower. I was washing my genitals and I suddenly thought of Roy Scheider's (sp?) line from Jaws: "We're gonna need a bigger boat."

Unless it has been done before, what do you chaps think about a thread where obscure movie quotes (unlike my penis-inspired example above) are given and the rest must identify that quote based on their knowledge alone (no Googling)?

bdeg
07-19-2009, 05:31 PM
Jamaican weed, YES.

Jamaican beer, meh.
jamaican weed is schwag
you're better off takin a vaca to cali

Bugeater
07-19-2009, 05:34 PM
I just had an idea for a thread whilst in the shower. I was washing my genitals and I suddenly thought of Roy Scheider's (sp?) line from Jaws: "We're gonna need a bigger boat."

Unless it has been done before, what do you chaps think about a thread where obscure movie quotes (unlike my penis-inspired example above) are given and the rest must identify that quote based on their knowledge alone (no Googling)?
There's no way to be sure they're not Googling.

Donger
07-19-2009, 05:35 PM
There's no way to be sure they're not Googling.

Is there no honor any longer?

RJ
07-19-2009, 05:35 PM

How much does it cost?

BigMeatballDave
07-19-2009, 05:36 PM
Also, lovely use of "homo" as a pejorative. I'm sure the child in your avatar is going to be real proud of ol' pops.:rolleyes: Be sure to wash the sand out of your vagina...

Donger
07-19-2009, 05:39 PM
How much does it cost?

It varies, of course, but around $120.00/year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-19-2009, 05:44 PM
jamaican weed is schwag
you're better off takin a vaca to cali

Meh, it was a cultural reference not really a praise of their cultivating skills.

Actually, I don't need to go anywhere. One of my associates has a pipeline to the Cali-Script connection.

BigMeatballDave
07-19-2009, 05:47 PM
I'll highly recommend that you do NOT visit GoChiefs' "Designer Vaginaa" thread and look at the pictures linked in post #13.ROFL

Bowser
07-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Meh, it was a cultural reference not really a praise of their cultivating skills.

Actually, I don't need to go anywhere. One of my associates has a pipeline to the Cali-Script connection.

Jamaican drivers are insane, and their highways are dangerous. Other than that, I love the place.

RJ
07-19-2009, 05:55 PM
It varies, of course, but around $120.00/year.

Roughly 10 bucks a month? Yeah, I can live with that.

BigMeatballDave
07-19-2009, 05:56 PM
I do mow my lawn. Wait, are we talking about the same thing? :DLMAO
Wow. I can't believe you guys missed this. Slackers...

Bowser
07-19-2009, 06:02 PM
LMAO
Wow. I can't believe you guys missed this. Slackers...Please, she probably got like 50K in rep points for that post alone.....

Donger
07-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Roughly 10 bucks a month? Yeah, I can live with that.

Yeah, but I told my SiL it's approximately $500.00/year.

Bowser
07-19-2009, 06:04 PM

I always knew you were an evil bastard, heh.

Bowser
07-19-2009, 06:04 PM

What is your beer of choice, Donger? An English brew not heard of by many?

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 06:12 PM
Please, she probably got like 50K in rep points for that post alone.....

ROFL

No doubt.
That chick is a rep getting fool.

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Are you in the Air Force?

Negative,
I grew up AF though. My dad is a retired CMSGT.

Skip Towne
07-19-2009, 06:17 PM
Negative,

Are you Tom Money's boy?

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 06:21 PM
Are you Tom Money's boy?

Never heard of him.

What was your AFSC?

Bugeater
07-19-2009, 06:22 PM
Negative,
Ah, I see. Usually AF kids get the hell out of this town as soon as they can.

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 06:25 PM
Ah, I see. Usually AF kids get the hell out of this town as soon as they can.

I would have but my parents retired here so I moved up from Wichita 9 years ago to be closer to them. This is my 3rd time living here.

I've thought about lighting out but this place grows on you after a while... Like a tumor.

That and the economy is doing far better here than anywhere else in the 48.

Bowser
07-19-2009, 06:35 PM
I saw a CMSGT stare down a full bird colonel after the colonel kept calling the CMSGT "Sergeant". Awkward!

And ah, McConnell AFB. Such memories of Witchita, particularly Fat Daddy's and some bar I bungee jumped at. Warehouse, perhaps?

Bowser
07-19-2009, 06:35 PM
Are you Tom Money's boy?

I beleive that Money was a sailor. NTTIAWWT

Bugeater
07-19-2009, 06:40 PM
I would have but my parents retired here so I moved up from Wichita 9 years ago to be closer to them. This is my 3rd time living here.

I've thought about lighting out but this place grows on you after a while... Like a tumor.

That and the economy is doing far better here than anywhere else in the 48.
Heh, that it is. I've always said it's a great place to live, but I wouldn't want to visit here.

Bowser
07-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Heh, that it is. I've always said it's a great place to live, but I wouldn't want to visit here.Nebraskan winters suck. Period, end of statment.

RJ
07-19-2009, 06:47 PM
I didn't have time for the smoker today, but I did have a rack of baby backs. I marinated them in some soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and some Chinese condiment stuff from a jar I had in the refrigerator. Now I have them cooking on indirect heat in my Weber kettle, should be ready in about 30 minutes.

I wish every day was Sunday.

Bugeater
07-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Nebraskan winters suck. Period, end of statment.
Oh good god, you live less than 200 miles south, don't act like yours aren't just as bad.

Bowser
07-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Oh good god, you live less than 200 miles south, don't act like yours aren't just as bad.

I can't remember the last time we got a foot of snow multiple times in one winter. (F-I-L lives in Aurora, close to Grand Island, and they get creamed every year)

Donger
07-19-2009, 06:55 PM
What is your beer of choice, Donger? An English brew not heard of by many?

A nice Harp, Boddington's or a Sierra Pale Ale.

Skip Towne
07-19-2009, 07:09 PM

200 miles is a long way weatherwise. Tulsa's weather is much milder than KC's. I once left KC n a snowstorm and there were magnolias in bloom in Tulsa.

Bugeater
07-19-2009, 07:22 PM
I can't remember the last time we got a foot of snow multiple times in one winter. (F-I-L lives in Aurora, close to Grand Island, and they get creamed every year)
We don't really get that much snow here either, for some reason it's worse in western NE. I'm telling you there's not that much difference between us and you. For example, a quick check of weather.com tells me right now it's 77° Omaha and...whattya know...it's also 77° in KC.

bdeg
07-19-2009, 07:50 PM
For example, a quick check of weather.com tells me right now it's 77° Omaha and...whattya know...it's also 77° in KC.

Well, that proves everything. Case closed.

Seriously though, seems to me almost all mid-westerners get the worst of both worlds.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Well, that proves everything. Case closed.

Seriously though, seems to me almost all mid-westerners get the worst of both worlds.

Yeah they do.

After 20 years I can tell you with absolute, undisputed certainty:

If it isn't spring or fall; it's time to leave.

Gonzo
07-19-2009, 08:05 PM
Yeah they do.

After 20 years I can tell you with absolute, undisputed certainty:

If it isn't spring or fall; it's time to leave.

Usually this would be the case but this summer has been particularly mild. We had one bad week last month. I hope it stays that way. last winter wasn't all that bad either.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Usually this would be the case but this summer has been particularly mild. We had one bad week last month. I hope it stays that way. last winter wasn't all that bad either.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't know man, I seem to recall many a mid westie bitching up a storm for weeks on end about the weather during the winter on this board.

And man, those fucking summers...82 at 7:00am with full-on humidity? A shade tree doesn't do a DAMN thing, and the night doesn't bring much relief either.

NOOOOOOOOOOO Sankyou! :D

Lumpy
07-19-2009, 09:20 PM
LMAO
Wow. I can't believe you guys missed this. Slackers...

Very observant. U sir, get a cookie. :clap:

Please, she probably got like 50K in rep points for that post alone.....

I don't believe that I did Mr. Bowzer. :(

ROFL

No doubt.
That chick is a rep whore.

FYP. If ur going to humiliate me, do it w/ class buddy. :D

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 09:23 PM
What's with this Nebraska love-fest? This thread turned to poop after I stopped insulting people.

Phobia
07-19-2009, 09:27 PM

Sometimes the label is completely white. One of our advertisers got a case of the taste testing run. I had some. Thought it was Lunar at first. It's not in my top 5 favorite Blvd flavors. I doubt I'll drink much of it.

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Sometimes the label is completely white. One of our advertisers got a case of the taste testing run. I had some. Thought it was Lunar at first. It's not in my top 5 favorite Blvd flavors. I doubt I'll drink much of it.
In stores, now, the label is white? Haven't seen that.

I won't buy much of it, either, but I'm glad that it exists.

Phobia
07-19-2009, 09:38 PM
No, the white label was completely blank - from the brewery.

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 09:48 PM
No, the white label was completely blank - from the brewery.
Ok. Its in stores now, so they have a label all done up for it:
http://blogs.pitch.com/fatcity/CIMG1689.JPG

Bugeater
07-19-2009, 09:51 PM
What's with this Nebraska love-fest? This thread turned to poop after I stopped insulting people.
Love-fest? You must've missed the part where Bowzer insulted our weather.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-19-2009, 09:57 PM
Ok. Its in stores now, so they have a label all done up for it:
http://blogs.pitch.com/fatcity/CIMG1689.JPG

Packaging reminds me of Budwar.

Reaper16
07-19-2009, 10:43 PM
Packaging reminds me of Budwar.
Its the same colors and font as Muehlebach Pilsner, a successful Kansas City beer from the early to mid 1990's. So successful, in fact, that Municipal Stadium, where the Royals and Chiefs first played, was originally named Muehlebach Stadium.

So its design is actually a very cool local throw-back.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-19-2009, 11:25 PM
Its the same colors and font as Muehlebach Pilsner, a successful Kansas City beer from the early to mid 1990's. So successful, in fact, that Municipal Stadium, where the Royals and Chiefs first played, was originally named Muehlebach Stadium.

So its design is actually a very cool local throw-back.

They still have a functioning Hotel of the same name downtown unless I'm mistaken.

1890's?:D

beach tribe
07-20-2009, 06:13 AM
I like drinking beer, and smoking pot.

ziggysocki
07-20-2009, 08:47 AM
I like drinking beer, and smoking pot.

Is Reaper a weed snob too? I guess we are about to find out about all the finer blends of Chronic, Maui Waui, and Mexican Skunk.

Katipan
07-20-2009, 08:51 AM
Is Reaper a weed snob too? I guess we are about to find out about all the finer blends of Chronic, Maui Waui, and Mexican Skunk.

It's not really impressive unless he has a fridge for it.

ziggysocki
07-20-2009, 08:56 AM
It's not really impressive unless he has a fridge for it.

Is that where the term 'Cool Buzz' originated? I guess it just makes practical sense, you can grab some munchies and pack another bowl at the same time!

Jenson71
07-20-2009, 09:15 AM
BBQ Loo and Blues Too was held this weekend. So for supper I had

- Three bones
- Baked beans
- Rib tips in a basket
- Pulled Pork sandwich

$20 feast. There was beer there, but I don't like beer that much. I had water from the drinking fountain.

Katipan
07-20-2009, 09:24 AM
BBQ Loo and Blues Too was held this weekend. So for supper I had

- Three bones
- Baked beans
- Rib tips in a basket
- Pulled Pork sandwich

$20 feast. There was beer there, but I don't like beer that much. I had water from the drinking fountain.

Hey, we were there. I gnawed on some big turkey leg before that just got to be too much work. So I ate the b/f's chipotle pulled pork.

Twas a nice day.

Reaper16
07-20-2009, 10:05 AM
I don't smoke weed.

Katipan
07-20-2009, 10:12 AM
I don't smoke weed.

The Delano quote makes so much more sense now.

Buehler445
07-20-2009, 10:28 AM
We don't really get that much snow here either, for some reason it's worse in western NE. I'm telling you there's not that much difference between us and you. For example, a quick check of weather.com tells me right now it's 77° Omaha and...whattya know...it's also 77° in KC.

Ehhh. Western Nebraska does get hammered a lot worse than Emporia did when I was there, but the summers are a kajillion times nicer without the humidity.

I agree with whomever assessed that our summer has been mild. Especially the early part. That makes Buehler445 a happy man.

Gonzo, how did the ribs taste??? You never filled us in. Glad you got to enjoy your day bud.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jenson71
07-20-2009, 10:44 AM
Hey, we were there. I gnawed on some big turkey leg before that just got to be too much work. So I ate the b/f's chipotle pulled pork.

Twas a nice day.

Definitely. I went in the evening on Saturday, at about 6. I guess a number of the vendors had left, but the ones that stayed were great.

tooge
07-20-2009, 12:13 PM
I don't smoke weed.

sounds like maybe you should. I'm sure you could tell a norcal bud from a east cal bud.

Reaper16
07-20-2009, 12:21 PM
sounds like maybe you should. I'm sure you could tell a norcal bud from a east cal bud.
Even if I could with experience doesn't mean that I should, necessarily. I don't drink beer because I have the ability to discern subtle flavors, I drink beer because I like the taste of malted barley and hops.

tooge
07-20-2009, 12:27 PM
speaking of malted barley and hops, I was up in northwest wisconsin this past week on a fishing trip. I tried quite a few craft beers that were new to me. One of my pals had some of the "original recipe" Shlitz with him and I decided to try one. Pretty good stuff. My palate is plenty discerning too, both in beer and food. I think I had the best beer I have ever had while I was up there. It was New Glaris brewery and the beer was spotted cow.

Reaper16
07-20-2009, 12:33 PM
speaking of malted barley and hops, I was up in northwest wisconsin this past week on a fishing trip. I tried quite a few craft beers that were new to me. One of my pals had some of the "original recipe" Shlitz with him and I decided to try one. Pretty good stuff. My palate is plenty discerning too, both in beer and food. I think I had the best beer I have ever had while I was up there. It was New Glaris brewery and the beer was spotted cow.
New Glarus is a really solid brewery. I've only had a couple of their beers, though.

Gonzo
07-20-2009, 12:36 PM
Ehhh. Western Nebraska does get hammered a lot worse than Emporia did when I was there, but the summers are a kajillion times nicer without the humidity.

I agree with whomever assessed that our summer has been mild. Especially the early part. That makes Buehler445 a happy man.

Gonzo, how did the ribs taste??? You never filled us in. Glad you got to enjoy your day bud.
Posted via Mobile Device

They were F'ing awesome man. Best I've ever had.

Hootie
07-20-2009, 12:46 PM
man...

Reaper sure douched up this thread.

Jesus.

Hootie
07-20-2009, 12:48 PM
how many times do you think Reaper google searched these beers before douching up this thread?

Shit...I'm a beer expert, too! Ask me about a beer, I'll google it and read what others say about it, and then claim it as my own opinion!

Sheeeeeeeeit.

Katipan
07-20-2009, 12:50 PM
how many times do you think Reaper google searched these beers before douching up this thread?

Shit...I'm a beer expert, too! Ask me about a beer, I'll google it and read what others say about it, and then claim it as my own opinion!

Sheeeeeeeeit.

True or false. Natty Ice tastes better cold or warm after a night of adderall bonfires and camping?

Lumpy
07-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Rut-roh. :eek:

:popcorn:

Reaper16
07-20-2009, 12:52 PM

Sheeeeeeeeit.
Probably not once. I haven't talked about a single beer in this thread that I haven't had.

Buehler445
07-20-2009, 12:53 PM
They were F'ing awesome man. Best I've ever had.

Glad to hear it man.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
07-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Probably not once. I haven't talked about a single beer in this thread that I haven't had.
Actually, I take that back. I did mention Busch in a post, and I haven't ever drank one of those. And I did search its ABV%.

DeezNutz
07-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Actually, I take that back. I did mention Busch in a post, and I haven't ever drank one of those. And I did search its ABV%.

You're missing out.

It's not a true undergraduate experience unless it's littered with the remains of cheap 30-pack and the carnage it inspires.

Reaper16
07-20-2009, 01:11 PM
You're missing out.

It's not a true undergraduate experience unless it's littered with the remains of cheap 30-pack and the carnage it inspires.
Eh. My undergraduate experience involved graduating with a 4.0 cumulative GPA; getting wasted wasn't part of the plan.

DeezNutz
07-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Eh. My undergraduate experience involved graduating with a 4.0 cumulative GPA; getting wasted wasn't part of the plan.

These aren't mutually exclusive.

Reaper16
07-20-2009, 01:24 PM
These aren't mutually exclusive.
I didn't say that they were.

Gonzo
07-20-2009, 01:32 PM
http://members.cox.net/dogmatix/Thread%20Hijacked.JPG

Otter
07-20-2009, 01:37 PM

So were you an art, music, theater or psychology major?

Reaper16
07-20-2009, 01:38 PM
So were you an art, music, theater or psychology major?
No.

Gonzo
07-20-2009, 01:45 PM
http://funny.tehjunk.com/ThreadHijack-Car.jpg

ziggysocki
07-20-2009, 01:45 PM

Ok, we get it... you are smart. Great for you. You know lots about beer... Hurray! You completely reek of awesomeness, we are so impressed. Next post you are gonna throw out your IQ right? (I know you have been tested cause you just wanted to see exactly how smart you are) Jesus get a life. If you want to show off your amazing intellect, a regional football message board is really not a very impressive place in which to do it. It is kind of like Brock Lesnar picking fights with dudes after they finish their weekly ballet class to show people how tough he is (no offense CP'ers, I am including myself here).

But to get back on the topic of the OP, I hope you enjoyed your ribs and your skunk piss beer Gonzo, the only improvement that could have made for a better Sunday would be the Chiefs beating the Donks (which is obviously out of your control).

Otter
07-20-2009, 01:50 PM
No.

Well, I won't pry but if you graduated with a 4.0 without classes like advanced calculus courses (the kind of stuff you can't memorize) it's kind of like bragging that you couldn't keep the ladies away at a strip club.

Just my opinion of course.

Lumpy
07-20-2009, 01:54 PM
I can do wicked things w/ a ping-pong ball, eh, but I don't go on a forum and brag about it. :D

ziggysocki
07-20-2009, 01:56 PM
I can do wicked things w/ a ping-pong ball, eh, but I don't go on a forum and brag about it. :D

Forrest Lumpy

Gonzo
07-20-2009, 01:57 PM

Really?

My wife can do wicked things with a wrecking ball.

Katipan
07-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Really?

My wife can do wicked things with a wrecking ball.

I love your wife.

Gonzo
07-20-2009, 01:58 PM
I love your wife.

Me too...

I'm dehydrated most of the time tho.

Reaper16
07-20-2009, 02:05 PM
Ok, we get it... you are smart. Great for you. You know lots about beer... Hurray! You completely reek of awesomeness, we are so impressed.
Fucking right, you are.

Reaper16
07-20-2009, 02:08 PM
Well, I won't pry but if you graduated with a 4.0 without classes like advanced calculus courses (the kind of stuff you can't memorize) it's kind of like bragging that you couldn't keep the ladies away at a strip club.

Just my opinion of course.
English & Philosophy; almost entirely "stuff I can't memorize," whatever that has to do with anything.

Katipan
07-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Well, at least now we know why he wouldn't be able to keep the girls away at the strip club.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-20-2009, 02:10 PM

Unlike everyone else, I actually caught and understand your reference.

Naughty girl.:evil:

Reaper16
07-20-2009, 02:11 PM
Well, at least now we know why he wouldn't be able to keep the girls away at the strip club.
LMAO

Otter
07-20-2009, 02:31 PM
English & Philosophy; almost entirely "stuff I can't memorize," whatever that has to do with anything.

Well I stand corrected.

ziggysocki
07-20-2009, 02:39 PM

I am sure you will have a fine career in... philosophy. :spock: I hear that is a great profession when the economy is tough. You could spend lots of time thinking about and analyzing your superiority complex.

Gonzo
07-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Ok, we get it... you are smart. Great for you. You know lots about beer... Hurray! You completely reek of awesomeness, we are so impressed. Next post you are gonna throw out your IQ right? (I know you have been tested cause you just wanted to see exactly how smart you are) Jesus get a life. If you want to show off your amazing intellect, a regional football message board is really not a very impressive place in which to do it. It is kind of like Brock Lesnar picking fights with dudes after they finish their weekly ballet class to show people how tough he is (no offense CP'ers, I am including myself here).

But to get back on the topic of the OP, I hope you enjoyed your ribs and your skunk piss beer Gonzo, the only improvement that could have made for a better Sunday would be the Chiefs beating the Donks (which is obviously out of your control).

Heh...

Funny thing is, I probably provoked some of this whilst drinking copious amounts of my favorite beer yesterday. I was actually just sitting in my backyard reflecting on how good life was at that moment and I allowed the hijacking more for entertainment purposes.

However, yesterday was a good day. Almost perfect, Mr. Ziggysocki.
The only thing that would have made it better was your above statement regarding a Chiefs win.

Hootie
07-20-2009, 03:13 PM

Man...

You are a total douche.

No one gives a shit about your 4.0 GPA or your beer expertise.

I guarantee you I'm better than you at Halo, can throw a baseball way further than you, and can probably type faster than you...

NO BIG DEAL...

NBD

NB FUCKIN' D

Homo.

Hootie
07-20-2009, 03:16 PM

I bet you had a ton of girlfriends, too!

Guaranteeing you've had at least one dick in your mouth...