PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chief withdrawals

kcfanXIII
07-19-2009, 10:45 PM
i'm done with the royals, and am ready to spend all of my false hope on the chiefs now. not that i even have false hope, but i'm bored dammit. can football season get here already?

MMXcalibur
07-19-2009, 10:47 PM
Ok, I'll speed up time. Hold on.

Fishpicker
07-19-2009, 10:49 PM
yep. summertime is boring with no football. then in the fall, there's football plus all the new seasons for TV shows. And Sunday TV schedules are usually crammed with good stuff. When it rains, its pours.

kcfanXIII
07-19-2009, 10:52 PM
Ok, I'll speed up time. Hold on.

just don't speed it up too much. i don't want to be like cartman waiting for the wii.

Crashride
07-19-2009, 11:27 PM
just don't speed it up too much. i don't want to be like cartman waiting for the wii.

or like that adam sandler movie. it made me :(

kcxiv
07-19-2009, 11:52 PM
I am ok, my Lakers just won the title and my Dodgers have the best record in baseball. I am ok.

chief52
07-20-2009, 12:14 AM
Do not push it. While I long for football, you have to remember that summer will be over and the winter will be upon us. I am not ready for that. Let's enjoy the summer...

Micjones
07-20-2009, 12:31 AM
This off-season seems to be the longest in recent memory.

But we all have to remember that we're less than a month away from the start of the pre-season!

Rausch
07-20-2009, 12:35 AM
I've watched us get in and drubbed for years.

Until we WIN a fucking playoff game color me unimpressed...

Jethopper
07-20-2009, 01:01 AM
No thanks. Would rather talk about the chiefs than watch them lose.

JD10367
07-20-2009, 05:47 AM
Do you guys go to training camp? Where do the Chiefs hold it? (The Patriots start camp a week from Thursday, and they hold it right on the practice field behind Gillette so it rocks. Really gets you in the mood for the season to start, many practices open to the public and free to attend.)

Bugeater
07-20-2009, 06:35 AM
Do you guys go to training camp? Where do the Chiefs hold it? (The Patriots start camp a week from Thursday, and they hold it right on the practice field behind Gillette so it rocks. Really gets you in the mood for the season to start, many practices open to the public and free to attend.)
It's in River Falls, WI, a few people usually go but it's not exactly convenient for most Chief fans. Starting next year it will be in St Joseph, MO.

InChiefsHeaven
07-20-2009, 06:40 AM
The off season for me is filled with Omaha Beef Football. We're in the playoffs (in fact we face the Wichita Wild this coming Saturday night) so it's been a good long season and it will finish up just in time for NFL pre-season. Any of you in Omaha should try to come to the game this Saturday night...it's a rockin' good time!

acesn8s
07-20-2009, 06:51 AM
I tried to bump all the Chiefs threads the other day. They got bumped for poop threads.:(

OnTheWarpath15
07-20-2009, 07:33 AM
It's in River Falls, Wisconsin, a few people usually go but it's not exactly convenient for most Chief fans. Starting next year it will be in St Joseph, MO.

FYP.

Bugeater
07-20-2009, 07:42 AM
Eh...Wisconsin...Minnesota...like there's any difference.

OnTheWarpath15
07-20-2009, 07:44 AM
Eh...Wisconsin...Minnesota...like there's any difference.

About 9,950 lakes.

:D

Mr. Arrowhead
07-20-2009, 07:45 AM
the summer is overrated

JD10367
07-20-2009, 09:06 AM
Why do they have training camp in Wisconsin? That's not exactly close to K.C., is it? That sucks for you guys. The Patriots used to hold it at Bryant College in RI but that was still only about a half-hour to 45 minutes from the stadium, then they moved it to the stadium. Bob Kraft realized he could sell a lot more t-shirts and sodas that way. :D

InChiefsHeaven
07-20-2009, 09:21 AM
Why do they have training camp in Wisconsin? That's not exactly close to K.C., is it? That sucks for you guys. The Patriots used to hold it at Bryant College in RI but that was still only about a half-hour to 45 minutes from the stadium, then they moved it to the stadium. Bob Kraft realized he could sell a lot more t-shirts and sodas that way. :D

I've always wondered why they started going there, I think it was in the early 90's. There must have been some reason for it, like they wanted to get away from it all and focus or something, but maybe one of the locals can elaborate on that...

pikesome
07-20-2009, 10:03 AM
I've always wondered why they started going there, I think it was in the early 90's. There must have been some reason for it, like they wanted to get away from it all and focus or something, but maybe one of the locals can elaborate on that...

KC = hot and humid in August

cmh6476
07-20-2009, 10:06 AM
god bless being a kansas basketball fan

JD10367
07-20-2009, 10:55 AM
KC = hot and humid in August

:shrug: So is most of America. There's gotta be somewhere in the K.C. area (i.e. a 1-hour drive) where it's a bit cooler and they can hold training camp. You bring in the big cooling fans, you have one session early in the morning, etc.,. It's not impossible. Looks like Cincy, K.C., and Washington are the only three that go outside of their states (or, in the 'Skins' case, the D.C. area).

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/06/26/camp.dates/index.html

cmh6476
07-20-2009, 11:04 AM
:shrug: So is most of America. There's gotta be somewhere in the K.C. area (i.e. a 1-hour drive) where it's a bit cooler and they can hold training camp. You bring in the big cooling fans, you have one session early in the morning, etc.,. It's not impossible. Looks like Cincy, K.C., and Washington are the only three that go outside of their states (or, in the 'Skins' case, the D.C. area).

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/06/26/camp.dates/index.html

there isn't an hour drive that's convienently cooler. It isn't like Omaha is a lot cooler than KC. With that said, St. Joe is building the chiefs an indoor practice bubble and they will hold camp here for at least the next 5 years.

acesn8s
07-20-2009, 11:31 AM
I've always wondered why they started going there, I think it was in the early 90's. There must have been some reason for it, like they wanted to get away from it all and focus or something, but maybe one of the locals can elaborate on that...Carl Peterson

'nuff said. :cuss:

HemiEd
07-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Do not push it. While I long for football, you have to remember that summer will be over and the winter will be upon us. I am not ready for that. Let's enjoy the summer...

This